Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Carnax's Head

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Comparison and Strategy] >> Battle Strategy >> Carnax's Head
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/28/2012 20:13:07   
battlesiege15

Monster/Quest Name: Carnax's Head from the AQ 10 year Anniversary
Character Link: here
Guardian/Adventurer: Guardian
Level Version of Monster: 144 I believe
Build: Pure warrior with a dash of INT
Items Equipped:

• Weapon: Spear of Awe
  • Armor: Talasdosian Robes (with unsuccessful MS Bloodlines switching)
  • Shield: Talasdosian Robes/Defenders's Shield
  • Spell: Healing spells [which ever was appropriate due to amount of HP)
  • Pet: FGM
  • Misc: Amulet of Drakonnan... SHould I try it with HoRD instead? (for the Ranged earth attack)

Previously Used Strategies: Keep attacking and switching every couple turns or so hoping to get the right set up... <-- did not work... at all
Notes: Does anyone know the pattern of his attacks? That'd be really great

FAQ'd and indexed. All carnax head questions belong here now. ~Bassetbookworm

< Message edited by bassetbookworm -- 10/28/2012 23:39:14 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 1
10/28/2012 20:20:20   
McStarley

I'm going to post what I said on the last Carnax thread.

quote:

What happened to me was that whenever Carnax had 620 MP or more he would do that Psionic Link blast so it would be a good idea to start the battle with good energy resistance.

When he has less than 620 MP he will either do an earth attack or a weaker energy attack. As Raventail said, Carnax rarely did his earth attacks against me, so it would be fine to stay in a good energy armor for the entire battle.

What I did was switch to Morningstar whenever Carnax had less than 620 MP and switch back to Taladosian after Carnax regnerated enough MP for his blast attack.

I'm not sure whether it was 620 MP or 520 MP needed for Carnax to do that Psionic blast. I think it was the latter.

AQ DF  Post #: 2
10/28/2012 20:36:21   
Hisagomaru

He start off with the earthrend thing first for me. Maybe it's just random?

If you are facing the Carnax Head, or even the abomination, get the dragon blade from the akriloth quest or dragonstone.

On the head, every turn I did like 1000dmg per hit. (Btw, im a mage with the staff version, so you can probably to more dmg) My fight lasted around a minute, lucky 3 hit from taladosian. :)

On the Abomination, around 500 per hit. abit longer.

< Message edited by Hisagomaru -- 10/28/2012 20:37:40 >
Post #: 3
10/28/2012 21:32:02   
draco17000

Monster/Quest Name:Carnax Head
Character Link:under avvy
Guardian/Adventurer:X-Guardian
Level Version of Monster:LV104
Build:Hybrid
Items Equipped:LV 105 Taladosian Set & LV 105 Morningstar Set
Weapon:Wind aligned Blade of Awe/Sila's Staff
Armor:Prophet's Taladosian & Morningstar Legacy
Shield:Prophet's Taladosian,Eye of Naab, and Chimeran
Spell:Ice Nine & Heal Extreme Wounds
Pet:Fairy Godmother
Misc:Powershard IV: Dr.Boom
Previously Used Strategies:First hit him with imbue lore Ice Nine, tried to maintain a healing loop once his mp went down
Notes:His burn does more 200+ damage to me when wearing both Taladosian armor and the shield and heals him up to full health while I'm busy healing to survive. Any advice to take him down?

Merged with other topic. ~Bassetbookworm

< Message edited by bassetbookworm -- 10/28/2012 23:36:28 >
AQ  Post #: 4
10/28/2012 22:01:26   
Affinity

Lost in Vanity Faire AQ Q&A

Sounds to me like you're attempting to predict his attacks or balancing your resistance, none of which are really effective. You might want to grab the Dragon Blade or the Dragon Partisan for that 200% Void power which significantly lowers the amount of turns you'll take challenging him. Stick with Oracle's Taladosian Robes and Oracle's Taldosian Ward since the Psionic Link attack seems to be dominant over the Earth attack, plus it also lowers the constant damage that the Psionic Link does which allows you to survive longer and lower his healing. You probably should take an Energy accessory as well since it further lowers his dominant attack. Just keep attacking and heal when he does his Earth attack. Retro Twilly G can also aid you greatly with that constant healing. I'm almost certain that this will work since I myself am using this strategy and even though it's most effective with a Warrior, it works well for my Mage. Surviving isn't the best tactic here, taking him down as quickly as possible is.

< Message edited by Affinity -- 10/28/2012 22:17:21 >
AQ  Post #: 5
10/28/2012 22:45:24   
battlesiege15

Ah ok. Sounds good. Someone told me that he had a pattern to his attacks. I guess I'm going to just use Tala plus HoRD for earth and ranged defense.

He's got no luck so that helps a bit. I guess I'm gonna have to beat him before he beats me. Thanks
AQ AQW  Post #: 6
10/28/2012 23:46:27   
v23

His earth attack is its SP skill, which it will do before its MP psionic attack if it has enough MP/SP for both.

< Message edited by v23 -- 10/28/2012 23:48:11 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
10/28/2012 23:55:24   
xxxAtogxxx

I don't think there's a way of predicting when he'll do his energy attack or his earth attack. He still uses the energy one after he runs out of MP. Hunter series is great for this fight.
AQ  Post #: 8
10/29/2012 0:05:43   
v23

His 4-hit energy attack that also inflicts Psionic Link is his MP spell, his normal attack is 2 hits energy.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
10/29/2012 0:24:49   
Rongvn123

Just beat the 104 carnax head.
Equip :
- Expert hunter, nice res for both earth and energy attack.
- Valkyrie helm for energy res.
- Fairy godmother for healing loop.
And the most important thing is ArchMage Research, wipe out all his MP so no Psionic Link !!.

Note : He will do Psionic Link when his MP is > 400 so I cast Dissipate Mana to reduce it to 0.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 10
10/29/2012 3:52:52   
ChimeraKnight

Get dragon bllade first, then go full talado armor shield, bring a bunch of potions to heal when he is not doing the link or when ur health is low
dragon blade makes it a lot easier :)
just got my lv88 horo-show
Post #: 11
10/29/2012 5:18:32   
Arcon

Know Thy Enemy!

The Attack order for the CEB Gauntlet (lvl 146) is

quote:

Earth
Energy
Earth
Energy Skill
Energy Skill
Energy Skill
Energy Skill
Earth

Then it rinse/repeats 4 Energy 1 Earth; with the regular energy replacing the skill when its out of MP.
AQ DF  Post #: 12
10/29/2012 7:35:24   
GRDN

@Arcon
You're pretty much right. (Is the 126 version any different?)
The only thing is:
That he does 2 Earth hits then all the Energy hits.
quote:

Then it rinse/repeats 4 Energy 1 Earth; with the regular energy replacing the skill when its out of MP.

That has helped A LOT. Thx A LOT!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
10/29/2012 11:23:05   
Shadow Genesis

Ok, so i sent this to Tha Killa after he tried countless times and couldn't beat it, and using some of Whacky's info on the monster, this strategy worked 100% of the time for me; and i've beaten Carnax 5 times now!!

quote:

ok to beat Carnax, takes some math

First off, excpet for first turn, ALWAYS ASSUME he has 0 sp.
this is how he attacks.
1st turn uses powerful earth attack draining all SP. From here start adding 82 sp to his counter (you make w like a calculator) each time he attacks
after this he spends 608 MP to use his psionic link attack. DEFEND ENERGY like a crazy lot otherwise he has a better chance to establish link and go crazy heal

After he uses all mp, he just uses super weak energy attack and regens mp

Once he has 384 SP he uses earth atk. NOTE: This will happen if he has enough sp but also enough mp for psionic link. DEFEND EARTH LIKE CRAZY

IMPORTANT: ALWAYS USE FGM TO MP HEAL AFTER YOU HAVE HEALED ONCE. if he's using weak energy attack, heal MP, so you can mp heal before his earth attack and psionic link attack occur

then just be prepared for each attack type (i used taladosian armor and shield for energy and Jesters and Defender Leader's Shield for earth and Hogg for both) and you will slowly beat him until he loses. KEEP HP ABOVE 350 ALWAYS!!! unless he just used earth attack and has little to no mp, always keep your hp above this and keep track of his sp counter while watching his mp and you will win. GL!!

Note: Status weapons (like i used dainashini) help a lot as well, especially since you can hurt him with it even if you miss your attacks or are healing or he is healing
AQ  Post #: 14
10/29/2012 14:33:35   
Msm

Monster/Quest Name: Carnax's Head from the AQ 10 year Anniversary
Character Link: below
Guardian/Adventurer: Guardian
Level Version of Monster: 104?
Build: annihilator mage that decided I need some more END
Items Equipped:

Weapon: sila's staff
Armor: Generalist's Robe and Inquisitor's Ardor
Shield: Eye of Naab and ?
Spell: Blue Blazes VII
Pet: Deadeye Cupid
Misc: HoRD, Power Shard VI: Dr. Boom, mindlock orb,

Previously Used Strategies: Spells but the turn he manages to link us I always die

Yea never mind mindlock orb made it quite easy.

< Message edited by Msm -- 10/29/2012 14:57:27 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 15
10/30/2012 20:40:59   
Einwill

Get the dragonblade. Just do it. Those fights were impossible for me before I got it, but the dragonblade made them really easy.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
10/31/2012 1:10:56   
emoforumite

everyone is saying "get the dragon blade" well what if your not a guardian? guardians get no dragon blades other than the not so good elemental ones. Really, was this whole event made for just the guardians cause thats what it seems like now...
Post #: 17
10/31/2012 3:57:20   
Arcon

Know Thy Enemy:

Carnax's Abomination
Element: Energy
Level: 144
HP: ~9500
MP: ~3000

Beginning might be different, there seems to be some variance

quote:

Energy (Sometimes Skill)
Earth
Energy Skill
Energy Skill
Energy Skill
Energy Skill
Energy Skill
Earth
Energy Skill
Energy
Energy
Energy
Earth
Energy Skill

Which means, until it runs out of MP, there's probably going to be a small bit of variance. The 4-1 rule from before (4 Energy (Skill), 1 Earth) goes into effect basically if you get stuck in a longer confrontation, be it from Carnax getting a few good Skills in and landing the Link roll, or if you are an Adventurer and cannot get the Dragon Blade.

As to the adventures, I will poke Ocama and see what he uses the next time he's on IRC

Guardian Warrior/Hybrid

- - Weapons - Dragon Blade
- - Armors - (High) Oracle's Taladosian Robes, Morningstar Bloodline
- - Shields - (High) Oracle's Taladosian Ward, Chimeran Champion Shield
- - Spell - Heal Mortal Wounds
- - Pets/Guests - Retro Twilly G
- - Miscellaneous/Accessories - Head of Radius Dragon
- Steps (Enter the Fray) - Start in Taladosian set and attack, Switch to Morningstar+Chimeran and activate HoRD, Switch to Taladosian and attack, etc
- Exceptions - It's safer to stay in Taladosian if it lands a Link, the damage it inflicts is rather large

Guardian Mage
TBA

Adventurer Warrior/Hybrid
- - Weapons - Frozen Claymore, Scurvy Blade
- - Armors - (Harbringer) Oracle's Taladosian Robes, Morningstar Bloodline
- - Shields - (Harbringer) Oracle's Taladosian Ward, Chimeran Champion Shield
- - Spell - Heal Mortal Wounds
- - Pets/Guests - Retro Twilly
- - Miscellaneous/Accessories - Earth Resist Misc
- Steps (Enter the Fray) - Start in Taladosian set and attack, Switch to Morningstar+Chimeran and activate Misc, Switch to Taladosian and attack, etc
- Exceptions - It's safer to stay in Taladosian if it lands a Link, the damage it inflicts is rather large

< Message edited by Arcon -- 10/31/2012 14:02:13 >
AQ DF  Post #: 18
11/18/2012 15:23:19   
alfbikini

quote:

i cand defedet Carnax head in AQs Epic 10th Anniverasy Event..im level 88 please i tried many time whit my best wepons Blade of Awe...
Post #: 19
11/19/2012 2:51:41   
  The Game
Just Saiyan

It would help if you provided your character page and the strategy you used so helpers can identify the issue.
AQ  Post #: 20
11/19/2012 3:01:09   
abhishek432

I must have tried 8-10 times, but he always kicks my ass, not sure how to kill it

My numbers
STR:130
DEX:130
INT:0
END:85
CHA:0
LUK:85

will the Temp Dragon Blade be sufficient?
I already have a Seer's Taladosian Robes & Seer's Taladosian Ward, i need to get a Retro Twilly as a pet. Whom could i use as a guest.

Im really tired of not being able to kill it and being stuck

thanks
Post #: 21
11/20/2012 22:06:43   
dragonfire1423

Temp Dragon Blade is PLENTY. I don't know how you can't kill it :/ maybe just bad luck? my stats are the same except lower lvl. Try using a heal spell when you hit half health, and use earth shields w/ taladosian robes. also try to use scope/minotaur's pride to boost DB output...seriously those things are multiplicative I think, but still, just heal, kill, repeat w/o rinsing :p
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 22
11/26/2012 18:30:58   
Aquadorian
Watcher of the Deep

Even after all these years, it's still possible to get the Carnax Blade, which is the perfect weapon for the job. So many years . . . I can't remember how to do the spoiler tags in here . . . but I do remember how to get the blade!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 23
11/27/2012 17:06:25   
Duskstar

I don't think it would be that helpful anyway - it's an outdated item. If you are going up against the challenge version, then just tug along whichever version of the DB you prefer.
AQW  Post #: 24
11/27/2012 18:28:31   
Golden Emperor

To modify battlesiege's equipment:

For weapons you can just use ice or wind dragon blade if you can't obtain the original one.

Retro Twilly G will be better than FGM for healing end-game.

Use (High) Talasdosian Ward and I find the most helpful misc to be Helm of Drakonnas or Guardian Colossal Shock Collar.

< Message edited by Golden Emperor -- 11/27/2012 18:30:46 >
AQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Comparison and Strategy] >> Battle Strategy >> Carnax's Head
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2014 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition