Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Tournaments

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Tournaments
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/6/2012 18:20:19   
  Exploding Penguin

I was looking over the very early design notes of the game around alpha, since I was interested in how the game used to run, and I came across something interesting. It said that elites could possibly have access to special features of multiple types, including tournaments. I wanted to bring up a suggestion for...let's say a seasonal/montly ED tournament? This is how I think this should work were it to be put into the game:

General Rules:
-People of the same level can only face each other. (No level 34 vs 35, etc... Only level 34 vs 34, 5 vs 5, you get the point)
-Boosters are not allowed. This is meant to turn away builds that are built off of dependence of boosters, especially on classes with limited energy.
-If there are specific tournament clauses, you must follow them. (More info later)
-Tournament matches against a specific person are best 2 out of 3, single elimination brackets. This is to promote the idea that people who are "less skilled" or have "worse builds" shouldn't win just because they became extremely lucky with a crit/block/deflect fest.
-Fight turn limits are 15. Once turn 15 ends (the person who goes last on turn 15 finishes their turn), the match is declared a draw and no wins are given to either side. This is because there are still some instances of CHs/TMs heal-looping with low level heals against super tanks, and this could essentially lead to 40-50 turn fights where at that point it would only take luck from one side or the other in order to win the fight. Luck is not a promoted idea, so that's the baseline.
-Clause rules may break specific general rules, depending on the clauses.

Tournament Clauses (These are just some basic ones, it's up to the game makers to change these to their liking):
-Membership Clause: People with varium equipment cannot play against people with no varium equipment. (Even having one varium weapon/armor equipped on your tournament build will count as varium)(Enhances do not count toward being a varium player, even if they were applied using varium. If you want to fight a credit player, this means you can apply enhancements with varium onto all-credit gear)
-Class Clause: Each class can only fight someone else of the same class. This is to be fair, because some classes are more powerful on base skills than others are.
-Boosters: Boosters are allowed in this clause.

2v2 Specific Clauses (Yes, there is a possibility for a 2v2 tournament, although it'd be way harder to be put together):
-No spreadfire guns

Special Rules:
-Finals are best 5/9, to make sure that fairness is truly executed and that luck had minimal play in the true winner
-There will be a seperate bracket for each category baed on clauses applied, and once there's a champ in each category, the winners all fight each other in a round-based tournament (everyone fights everyone else, no elimination). Whoever has the most wins will be the winner! There will be prizes for the top 3 in each category bracket, as well as the top 3 of the round-baed tournament.

Prizes:
Prizes could include promos, artix points, cheevos, and other privileges.
Epic  Post #: 1
11/6/2012 18:43:04   
Stabilis

quote:

If it's your suggestion it picks up, then no need to post it, since we're already considering it!
-Tournaments and Minigames

You can still post how you think you would implement tournaments, as staff would request different format ideas. This is not a thread you can "support" or "not support" everyone. Post your tournaments ideas but we already are informed that tournaments are a project.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
11/6/2012 18:45:19   
Assassin01

I like the idea of facing people who are the same level as you,I always wanted to see how I stacked up compared to the other people at my level.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
11/7/2012 20:44:09   
SCAR

(Quote)-Tournament matches aganist a specific person are best 2 out of 3, single elimination brackets. This is to promote the idea that people who are "Less skilled" or have "Wrose builds" shouldn't win just because they became extremely lucky with a crit/block/deflect fest.

I agree with this, But I think that in this "Tournament" their should be No blocks, criticals, or deflections, at all.

(Quote)-Fight turn limits are 15. Once turn 15 ends (the person who goes last finishes their turn), the match is declared a draw and no wins are given to either side. This is because there are still some instances of CHs/TMs heal-looping with low level heals aganist a super tank, and this could essentially lead to 40-50 turn fights where at that point it would only take luck from one side or the other in order to win the fight.

I think the "Fight" turn limit should be round 10, If both players are still alive it will extand to round 15, If the players are still alive (Which I doubt will ever occur) which ever player has the lowest health loses. To prevent a battle won by luck, as I said their should be No blocks, criticals, or deflections, "Field Medic" should also be disabled, I don't think using Field Medic in a Tournament is very fair to players who don't have a looping build, It's also very nooby to be used in regular 1vs1's, 2vs2's to begin with. This way the battle isn't won by simple luck or a dreadful heal. Rather than a looping build, I think all other builds should be allowed, This includes, Super Tank's, Tank's, Anti Tank's, Super Strength builds etc.

Rather than those two (Quotes) I showed, I agree with everything else, No boosters, you battle the same level as yourself, etc.

< Message edited by SCAR -- 11/7/2012 20:45:46 >
Post #: 4
11/7/2012 22:43:09   
Mother1

@ Scar

Oh sure then the OP strength builds will dominate these tournaments since they can put out more damage then any other build? How would this be fun or fair to other builds? Answer it won't since they will get creamed because the playing field is completely unequal.

If there are no blocks deflections, or crits at all, then all someone would have to do is use an OP strength build or some other OP build and win without any thought. while Blocks, deflections, stun, and crits are annoying they help balance the game. Otherwise it will always be the OP strength build that would win. Tournaments wouldn't be any fun for those who don't use these builds, and whenever they came up everyone would just jump to a high health high strength build.

While luck is claimed to be annoying since it causing the underdog (AKA the person who everyone claims should lose to win sometimes) to win it also make the playing field somewhat more equal. It has been said many times if you take this out of the game then OP strength builds will completely rule the game, and if you do this for tournaments I grantee you the only builds you will see winning or being used is the OP strength one. So if you are to remove luck completely from the tournaments just because you claim it is unfair I will never support it because it will make OP strength builds always win.
Epic  Post #: 5
11/7/2012 22:44:51   
Rayman
Banned

Scar: I disagre with everything u said, if there are no blocks,crits,deflections then people will just spam str and make all a mess.
Just wait more people to reply to you so you can see.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
11/7/2012 23:02:02   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@scar that is a dumb idea in my opinion, so you want everyone to become strength build and who ever goes first wins? think before you type
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
11/7/2012 23:18:45   
arthropleura

@scar. Just. No
i would dominate in these xD or at least i think iw ould... i only lose to lvl 32+ mass builds
lvl 31...
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
11/7/2012 23:28:04   
SCAR

All I see is a bunch of little kids whining about strength builds, If you kids don't like my idea than think of your own idea & add it, grow up & stop complaining.
Post #: 9
11/7/2012 23:41:01   
Mother1

@ Scar

Do you read the threads that talk about balance and luck? If so then you wouldn't have called everyone whinny kids. Strength right now is more powerful than any other stat in the game. The only thing that keeps it in somewhat check is the same luck factor you want removed from tournaments.

I can agree this factor sometimes make the build that is suppose to lose win, however other then that it keep the OP strength build in some form of check. Without it a tournament pops up it would be literally be and OP strength build or die and how would that be fun everyone else who isn't a strength build?

Plus you would put hunters at a disadvantage since they have a passive that works with block which you want removed with your idea. It would be completely unfair that everyone else has 2 usable passives while bounty and cyber hunters will only have one. Not explain to me how is that fair?

Next off you would be putting dex, tech and support builds at a great disadvantage since Dex builds work with blocks, tech builds with deflections, and support builds with crits. Tank builds wouldn't work nearly as well since no matter what they will take the full damage (minus defense or resist) of strength builds without nothing stopping them.

That is what everyone is saying with your idea. We all like the idea of tournaments. However we don't want it to be one build kills all which is removing the luck factor would do (aka blocks, deflections, crits, and stun.)
Epic  Post #: 10
11/7/2012 23:47:51   
SCAR

Listen man I didn't read your comment, But I'm sure it has something to do with Strength builds or Op, No class is Op or Up, If you read my comment I put Tank's, Anti tank's etc I didn't only say Strength builds, Also who wants Blocking/Criticals/Deflections/Healing in a Tournament, The idea of Tournament mean's "SKILL" not luck or using cheap tricks such as Boosters or Healing.
Post #: 11
11/7/2012 23:50:44   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@mother1 lets not bother with that SCAR guy, hes the real kid. kids dont think before they talk so thats proof. anyways everyone will change to strength bh or bm if the luck factor was removed in the tournament, now tell me that isnt boring.

@SCAR u do not understand this game, lets put iron man with hulk, hulk is dumb bcus he is focused in strength but hes powerful and will turn iron man into iron can, so strength build players have no brain so they should be blocked and deflected often. this game is all about luck. so you want everyone to do their 100% damage to u in tournaments and let the battle end in 20 seconds, everyonw will hate tournament except u bcus you do not understand how to play and you just want to be lazy and spamming the same button and skills.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 11/7/2012 23:56:37 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
11/7/2012 23:53:35   
SCAR

Triz: I'm a kid, why don't you fix your grammar first before calling someone a "Kid".
Post #: 13
11/7/2012 23:59:31   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above you are talking about my grammar look at your own grammar first, this is wat u wrote "Anti tank's" it is meant to be anti tanks.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
11/8/2012 0:04:58   
SCAR

Your wrong, go back to school.

What does "Epic Duel" have to do with "Marvel" like seriously, besides that factor we all know "Iron Man" would beat the "Hulk" iron man can fly, the hulk can't. And besides that they're both bad marvel hero's.

< Message edited by SCAR -- 11/8/2012 0:08:49 >
Post #: 15
11/8/2012 0:24:53   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@SCAR do u even know about metaphors or examples? look whos talking
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
11/8/2012 0:27:02   
Mother1

@ scar

The point he is trying to make is that if you remove blocks deflections, crits, and stuns all of the planning would go out of the window since strength would rain supreme (which is what the hulk stands for in his statment all brawn and no brains) Where as Iron man represents the thinking and planning player.

But on another note this is getting way off topic now.

As for what I think would help this topic is the following.

Player all batting on the same level with the same number of stats within 5 at the most (enchancements included)

This would take out the enhancement advantage since everyone with enhancements will be fighting each other and the ones who don't have them won't be fighting fully enhanced players.
Epic  Post #: 17
11/8/2012 0:35:59   
Rayman
Banned

Scar:
quote:

The idea of Tournament mean's "SKILL" not luck or using cheap tricks such as Boosters or Healing

What skill? Everyone gonna use a str build and use strike till the enemy dies, that isnt skill that's just noobletness.
And heal is very skillfull its just that u still need to learn how to use it :3
If they remove all these luck factors then why u gonna use a focus build if u can use a str build with low dex and stike for huge dmg til win? It doesn't make sense.
If you want i can show you how does the game works, so u might have a chace to win one of the tournaments.
Just my oponion.

Take care and be carefully with you'r language lolz

< Message edited by Rayman -- 11/8/2012 0:36:45 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
11/8/2012 0:45:01   
SCAR

Rayman: What your not getting is strength builds don't rule the game, strategy does, If you have a good enough strategy you can beat anyone or anything (Such as Npc's) in this game. You can do so using & "Anti Tank" build, these builds are best used in 1vs1's, well in the other hand "Super Tank's) are best used in 2vs2, And in the final hand (No smart *** comment's to this one please, let's just pretend their is a third hand) You have strength builds which are best used in "Juggernaut" or even "Npc" boosting.
Post #: 19
11/8/2012 0:56:23   
Mother1

@ scar

strength builds use little to no strategy. With this build it is beat your opponent before they beat you with overwelming power.

Tank builds work with high defenses along with blocks and deflection (since both block and defenses help tank builds) However by removing those from tournament (which is what you suggested) then two pieces of the tank build strategy went out the window and this would only help those who use Overwelming strength builds.

Tech builds work deflections for defense along with tech based skills. Remove deflections and you take away part of their defense which only helps strength builds.

Support builds work with crits and strong buffs and debuffs. Remove the crits and you are hurting support builds.

The point we are saying that you don't seem to be getting is that by removing the things you base as luck you are killing all but strength builds strategies since these builds work with these factors. If a strength build does a crit it is a bonus for them same with blocks and deflection as well as stun since they are all about damage output without much thinking. But the other builds add these factors into their plans and removing them as I stated before will be taking away from their plans and we all know none of these other builds can out damage a strength build consistently. Eventually they will run out of energy and when this happens it will be a contest of strength and this is where the strength build will win.

Epic  Post #: 20
11/8/2012 1:08:03   
SCAR

If that's what you think than you're highly wrong, A strategy doesn't relie on anything it is nearly a simple plan which has back up plans. Yes builds that overdose on Dexterity/Technology/Support will be usless because relieing on Blocking/Criticals/Deflections aren't a strategy at all. Stun's should be allowed in the Tournament they aren't annoying or lucky, you can't incress their stun chance with anything.
Post #: 21
11/8/2012 2:55:26   
Mother1

@ exploding penguin

The no booster thing would really hurt Mercs since they are the only class without any way of getting back energy. Tech merc and Tech mage have reroute. Cyber hunters have their static. Blood mage and bounty hunters have reflex boost. But mercs don't have any of these and if they are energy drained then their goes their game plan.
Epic  Post #: 22
11/8/2012 3:41:56   
SCAR

Do you not understand anything I say? "Mercenary's" are built to withstand mass amounts of damage, They're by fair the best tank class, they have equal defense & resistence, they can lower their opponent's damage, they have great offense, they can take away rage from the other player, take away energy, stun the other player etc, I'm just surprised you didn't notice this, giving them the ability to regain lost energy would be like making a strength booster & giving it to the Blood mage.

I like the sound of that, they should make stat booster's, Dexterity booster, Technology booster etc.

< Message edited by SCAR -- 11/8/2012 3:43:34 >
Post #: 23
11/8/2012 3:58:18   
Mother1

@ scar

actually I know all of these things, and I even played as a merc before. However from experience I know that one well placed energy draining move can hurt merc's more then any other class as they are the only one's who can't regain energy.

But on another note the no heal thing would really hurt all but the builds that have bloodlust and would once again promote str spamming. Cause I know you know this but bloodlust is a form of healing in the form of attacking and the more damage you put out the more health you get. So unless you want to be owned by strength BH and Str BM who can heal a little every turn due to blood lust I would say leave the heal as is.
Epic  Post #: 24
11/8/2012 4:05:18   
SCAR

Why do you think "Mercenary's" have Hybird Armor" so they as a back up for "Energy Loss". As for "Blood Lust" disable it, I agree with you it would be unfair hance used in the "Arena/Tournament".

The "Tournament" should replace these "Skills" with something else, but still of use to these classes.
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Tournaments
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition