Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW=Draw A Hand-Turkey Contest Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> RE: =AQW=Draw A Hand-Turkey Contest Discussion
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/1/2012 3:25:12   
Eveej

you mean that entry that was featured twice??? (we all know which one right?) the art work was a a whole nother level than most of the entries ( a bit of an unfair measuring stick imho) yet i personally felt that it held the concept of "hand" turkey a little too loosely... amazing all the same, if it does indeed take the win, than congrats to the artist. i was honored just having my entry featured as well :) like i've stated before i'd be happy just to place.

AQW  Post #: 51
12/1/2012 9:32:52   
comical

guys how to know the results
AQW Epic  Post #: 52
12/1/2012 10:25:47   
Eveej

not yet, prolly should be posted by monday
AQW  Post #: 53
12/1/2012 16:32:49   
Geek

Still very patiently waiting...Oh this is killing me. o__o"

Once again, Good luck! We all need as much as we can get.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 54
12/1/2012 22:32:22   
Ingo

can someone give a link to the update videos that sha60477 and eveej were referring to?
AQ  Post #: 55
12/1/2012 22:41:20   
Geek

It might be this one?

EDIT: No, nevermind...

< Message edited by Optional Geek -- 12/1/2012 22:44:09 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 56
12/1/2012 22:45:51   
ACW0

Congradulations Boyoyo for your First Place Win!!! :D All other winners announcing Tuesday :)
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
12/1/2012 23:12:46   
DeathGuard

Even though I didn't enter the contest, I will say the winner is just out of what they asked for. The guidelines said it needed to be a hand-turkey drawing, not a sort of dragon or phoenix. Why I'm saying this? I bet many follow the guidelines of a hand-turkey drawing without being able to expand their creativity over those limits since they thought they may be disqualified, but the winner decided to give it a slight improvement and make it look like a dragon/phoenix. What I'm trying to say if that if they permitted a cross, or such change in what they asked for they should have say it, I have always pointed out this in the past contests, they give guidelines to follow and when they are about to judge they don't follow them. I really don't think it is fair to everyone who gave their effort making a hand-turkey based drawing when the winner didn't follow the guideline of a hand-turkey, though I must say the way he draw the hand phoenix is impressive, but he really doesn't deserves to be the winner if he didn't follow the guidelines. That's my opinion, if someone disagrees you're free to point out your opinion but in my point of view, the result of the winner is flawed.
The judges should give more specific guidelines next time to prevent this type of flaws when judging.

The guideline that said it needed to be a turkey is quoted here:
quote:

What to do: Make a AE-themed Hand-Turkey original artwork. This is when you outline your hand and add details to it…Just like a turkey. This is a drawing contest, but don’t be discouraged about your art skills because mine lack greatly! Make sure to incorporate any of the AE Games. (AQ, MQ, DF, AQW, ED, HS) or fantasy themed elements!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 58
12/1/2012 23:47:26   
ACW0

This is AE they reward creativity, this entry was creative, and would make an awesome pet :) I believe that while there were so many good choices this was a great choice. And who cares if it is an exact hand, the drawing itself is meant to be a hand but as most things in life it is stylized. I see your argument, but it is not fair to state that someone who worked so hard submitted a non-legal entry. :-)
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
12/2/2012 0:07:09   
DeathGuard

Sorry but in the past contests, many awesome entries have been disqualified for silly rules like size, format or such things. They should follow guidelines, that's all I ask for, as I point out, he did the entry in an awesome way sadly he didn't follow the guidelines. The creativity in the entry was good, but it didn't follow the guidelines given so why shouldn't it be disqualified? That's my question. If they don't follow guidelines, how do they want that rules they give us are meant to be followed? One of the reasons I argue about this is because in the Artix vs Sepulchure contest my entry ( here) was disqualified because of size format, but even if it was an awesome entry it was disqualified no matter if it was cool or not. There must be no favoritism here and that's what AE has been doing all of these years in contests and suggestion shops. They must make a solid base on this contests, else they will continue to make the same mistake over and over. Fairness must prevail.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 60
12/2/2012 1:59:43   
monkeyman4241995

... am I the only one who didn't necessarily want to win the Grand Prize when entering this? I mean, it'd be neat to get an item in-game and all, but that's what the Suggestion Shop is for. Meanwhile, all the runners-up get the consolation pet plus the ability to purchase the winner's pet. In my mind, the runners up are getting the most out of this.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
12/2/2012 4:17:14   
Eveej

boyoyo's entry is a rather nice one, and i think it would make a nice addition to the game, but can someone plz post the source on that, i'm not implying that aqw0 is lying it's just i tend to take hearsay with a tablespoon of salt till i see something official :\

@above
i agree (sorta) grand prize aside, this contest was a lot of fun. i think we're all winners here just for taking part. congrats all around, and again very nice work

Cosmic Cuddle Bliss! XD

follow me on Facebook
AQW  Post #: 62
12/2/2012 4:25:10   
ACW0

Sorry offical ness would be better :P for proof please check Alina's twitter :-)
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
12/2/2012 8:53:23   
comical

guys where will be the winners said to be win or give me a link to see the winners please or who are winners or something
AQW Epic  Post #: 64
12/2/2012 9:16:44   
ACW0

Currently No Where for Winners :) This was just a twitter update an official place shall be posted either Mon. or most Likely Tues.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
12/2/2012 9:17:02   
humzaawan123

im kinda happy i didnt win i hope im a runner up though .....but probably not , after seeing your entries i got no chance
AQW  Post #: 66
12/2/2012 9:18:20   
ACW0

Everyone has some Chance Have Faith! :)
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 67
12/2/2012 9:18:57   
humzaawan123

http://twitpic.com/bgqskq ....lol dont laugh

< Message edited by humzaawan123 -- 12/2/2012 9:20:45 >
AQW  Post #: 68
12/2/2012 9:20:23   
humzaawan123

@acwo thanks...what was your entry ?
AQW  Post #: 69
12/2/2012 9:21:26   
ACW0

I wouldn't laugh even if your link worked :) And hey mine was a stop motion video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCvcYapRijU everyone is a bit different :-)
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
12/2/2012 9:23:06   
humzaawan123

lol sorry ...try now
AQW  Post #: 71
12/2/2012 9:24:26   
humzaawan123

looooooooooool made me laugh good job
AQW  Post #: 72
12/2/2012 9:26:17   
ACW0

Dude I love IT :D Was one of the only colored non-computer drawn one and it would have made an excellent pet! You have a chance :)

ALso I would delete or combine your duel post so an AK doesn't have to do it for you :)
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
12/2/2012 9:32:55   
humzaawan123

duel post ???? ... sorry im new to the forums and whats an AK
AQW  Post #: 74
12/2/2012 9:41:01   
ACW0

Duel posts as posting right after another so post one then next post is yours is a no no :P So either delete one or edit and copy one into the other

as for AK they are arch knights who are like moderators of the forum they help keep the forums safe and fun :)
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> RE: =AQW=Draw A Hand-Turkey Contest Discussion
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition