Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

An hour to increase the drop chance

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> An hour to increase the drop chance
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/25/2012 1:02:15   
Metallico

It would be something like a power hour maybe after the leaderboard reset when the players who play at that hours have more chance to get a drop...

something like 150%-170%chance
Epic  Post #: 1
11/25/2012 1:12:04   
Mother1

Not supported as is. Maybe lower the drop rate so that you don't get a drop every time since 150-170% would be 100% grantee chance of item drop.
Epic  Post #: 2
11/25/2012 1:30:39   
TRizZzCENTRINO

definately not supported, drop rates should never be increased, it would just make things ingame too easy to earn, with all that broken weapons sold
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
11/25/2012 2:40:20   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

quote:

something like 150%-170%chance

Do you mean 50-70% chance? 100% and above means you will ALWAYS get a dropped item for each victory.

Either way, I'd rather see 25-45% chance "during" Power Hour instead of after reset. I've yet to win a house or a bike so an increased chance would be incentive to battle.

Supported only on my terms! :)
Epic  Post #: 4
11/25/2012 2:42:44   
Mother1

@ drekon

They removed the free home when they added the PVP drops. I remember seeing that in the design notes when the rusted assault bot became a battle drop.
Epic  Post #: 5
11/25/2012 3:34:55   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

Oh darn. Well that's disappointing.
Epic  Post #: 6
11/25/2012 6:14:33   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

This is something that could beconsidered, however the main issue is that firstly it destroys some rares, and means that everyone has them, which makes them rather meaningless; secondly it also is incredibly unfair on those who have previously got the drop after about 100 fights, and makes them feel like they have completely wasted their time.

A rare drop is meant for few people to get it, and people to have to put in effort to get them. This feature would mean that people just wait for this hour, battle, and get it easily. Any percentage higher drop is a lot, put it this way, the latest Hazard Armour at Snork 1% drop rate, that is approximately get one drop everyone one hundred fights, depending on luck of course. Have a +25% hour and that instantly becomes approximately one drop every four fights... 10% makes it one every ten fights... All much higher than the original rate, making it incredibly unfair on those who have battled over one hundred fights already. Even if it is in battles, you would now win atleast one item most battles, which would mean anyone playing in that time would now gain a lot more credits, than those who do not. This again is unfair for those who cannot battle in this hour, and it means that not only do you get power hour credits, but also extra drops.

On top of that you have the whole fact that now it is every four fights, or ten fights, a very large amount of players now have the armour, which destroys the purpose of it being a low drop rate, and it makes it much less meaningful for those who have been able to get the armour. Certain drops, though few in number, are Varium weapons, and it also would become completely pointless buying them, since you could simply win them.

Overall, though it is a nice idea, it just would make a lot of things a bit pointless, and make one time of day highly concentrated on fighting for drops... People fighting in this time would receive a very high amount of credits. Though that is something we are obviously willing to do, increasing the amount you can gain would destroy the whole system. So even if this only applies to PvP, not NPC, it would not work too great.

Thank you for the suggestion though!

< Message edited by Lycus -- 11/26/2012 14:59:53 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
11/25/2012 6:32:57   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

This is something that could beconsidered, however the main issue is that firstly it destroys some rares, and means that everyone has them, which makes them rather meaningless; secondly it also is incredibly unfair on those who have previously got the drop after about 100 fights, and makes them feel like they have completely wasted their time.

You mean the future should never be better, because we a live/lived a bad/ok past ???

Better example : Earlier a phone call charged allot but now its hardly 1/10th of it, does people have prob with this??? do they get anger saying " Dam i spent so much on phone calls, and now its so cheap, i hate this, my kids get to talk for such a cheap price, please increase the rates again" ???

One more reminder. Players spent tons of money on war kills, (specially the leader board players) but, for a betterment of faction system, they removed it? didn't they?

< Message edited by SOuL Prisnor -- 11/25/2012 6:35:44 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
11/25/2012 7:05:36   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

@Soul Prisoner: I don't think yours argument is really relevant to this subject at all. Phone calls are completely different, the change in price changed over many years due to the advance in technology, that made it so phone companies had less costs, and could therefore afford to charge less and still make a profit.

With War Kills, we did not change it that war, we waited for the next. We realised that the concept, as was said by the players, was rather Pay to Win, which is not what we want. So we changed it, this suggestion has nothing to do with any of that, and once again, by saying we do change things is not an argument, of course we change things, we just have reasons for not changing other things also.

This suggestion suggests that drop rates are only increased for a single hour in the day, or possibly two hours during the day. This firstly makes it more confusing for new players who just battle and do not understand the concept. Then it also makes it more important to battle during these hours, which certainly is not fair for those who cannot make it on for them. For example, I know for a fact that Power Hour in the UK is one very early in the morning when most are sleeping, and the other during school hours, so those who have to go to school/work may struggle to get on for a power hour. This is not something that can really be helped, because it is all about time differences etc. adding yet another thing that depends on time, and really does benefit those who can make it on, will make it even more unfair on those who cannot make it on.

I am not sure if you bothered to read the rest of my post, since you just quoted the top part, which was more aimed at NPC Drops than PvP drops, before I later realised this suggestion was mainly focused on PvP drops. However, I explained in my post the main issues that implementing this would create. The main point is what is the point of having every drop in the game rather high drop rate? It means everyone has loads of credits, unless they are unlucky, and it means that credits lose their value, because everyone has loads of them, it means that those options that have both Varium and Credit costs now become pointless, because people just have plenty of credits, and overall half of the currency system for the game just crashes down, unless we increase all the prices, which then makes it harder for new players etc.

Just a final reminder, at one point there were no PvP drops, or NPC drops, we put them in to provide another way for people to gain items and credits etc. we introduced them at a fair rate so people did get a boost, but it did not lead to people having huge amount of credits that they can just do anything with, because they just won some PvPs, and got some drops, not because they fought a lot of battles and earned them through time and effort.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
11/25/2012 7:21:40   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@lycus: you explained it very well, i just dont know why they don't get it.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
11/25/2012 11:59:20   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

@Lycus

quote:

People fighting in this time would receive a very high amount of credits, possibly Varium items (Dark Varium Blaster), and free Varium as a result.

This is very misleading. Dark Varium Blaster is not a PvP Drop Item. Broken Dark Varium Blaster is, and it can only be sold immediately for 1,000 Credits. In order to sell it to get varium, you must first Repair it at a cost of 796 Varium. Since the varium sellback price is only 149, players would actually "lose" varium instead of gaining "free varium" as you've stated.

quote:

Though that is something we are obviously willing to do, increasing the amount you can gain would destroy the whole system. So even if this only applies to PvP, not NPC, it would not work too great.

The same way Power Hour "destroyed the whole system" and did "not work too great?" I'm certain there were players and possibly staff members who had such concerns about Power Hour before it's implementation. There must have been players who felt that they worked so hard to earn 100 battles worth of Credits and now people will get the same in only 50 battles. "This is incredibly unfair", they must have said, and "makes them feel like they have completely wasted their time." Fortunately, people get over such selfish viewpoints and embrace the better system.

Aside from those, I totally understand what you're saying. I, for one, only play during Power Hour because it's the ideal time to earn Credits and a real time saver. What would usually take 2 hours to earn now only takes 1 hour. In my opinion, it's not just about giving players more, it's about giving players the opportunity to earn more more efficiently.

Edited the bit you quoted first out of my post, since it was confusing, and I do not quite know what I was getting at there - was typing it early in the morning before I had my coffee! Haha, thanks for pointing the confusion out.

As for the other bit, power hour is only double credits etc. and to an extent, I agree, some may find it unfair, however it is available for all at the weekend, depending on work/school/life for most people. On its own, it gives a nice fair boost for a not too long period of time. Where as this suggestion would present even more credits and items into the equation amplifying it so everyone has to be on during this hour if they want to stand a chance ~Lycus

< Message edited by Lycus -- 11/26/2012 15:04:54 >
Epic  Post #: 11
11/25/2012 17:40:15   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above we already have different system of earning easy credits and we do not need anymore, credits are a easy currency to earn in this game, its only difficult for those that don't know how to use the true potential of their class and builds.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
11/25/2012 20:37:19   
ReconnaisX

These people just want more and more free stuff. This is really getting annoying.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
11/25/2012 21:12:23   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above i know right, we already got huge amounts of free stuff.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
11/26/2012 1:31:52   
Metallico

Well is not really unfair because everybody would have the same chance to get a drop during a hour...

We already need more power hours or something like what i suggested, not everybody can fight in power hour at the same time so is not really fair....

Some players are people who work and study or they arrive very tired to their houses for play in power hour...
Epic  Post #: 15
11/26/2012 2:02:53   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above its definately unfair, some people like me which live in other time zones can rarely play during power hour, i got school during the first power hour and it will be 1 am for the second power hour in where i live, how do you think that will work out? you guys already got the credit and experience double benefit from power hour and now you want easier credits? nothing in life and ingame is easy to earn. so deal with it.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 11/26/2012 2:03:14 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
11/27/2012 21:42:13   
willendorf

Maybe just increase the drop rate of broken items, that way rare drops (hazard husk, assault bot) don't become pointless...
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
11/27/2012 21:57:27   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above no during powerhour you are already getting double the amount of credits and yet you want to increase the credit earned from power hour? if you are so desperate for drops how about if we make it that during powerhour we get 25% health pack drop, and 10% health booster drop.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
12/10/2012 17:07:38   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

I've been gone since my last comment and didn't get to see the rest, so I'll take this opportunity to respond. Since it's only been 13 days since the very last comment, it's 1 day shy of the 2 weeks criteria for being a "dead thread" as explained to me long ago by AVA.

quote:

An older thread from 2 weeks ago is considered as dead thread.

So hopefully, this won't be considered a violation of the rules. If it is, please make it clear in the forum rules exactly how long a post can be inactive for everyone to see. Thanks!

@ReconnaisX, I can only assume that you're also referring to me when you say "these people", so I'll clarify that I am not asking for free stuff. The very last sentence of my previous comment clearly explains my reasoning. Please take the time to understand the difference between getting free stuff and earning things more efficiently.

@TRizZzCENTRINO, you've basically agreed with ReconnaisX so the same applies to you as well. Also, you're very adamant about complaining instead of offering any useful solutions. The purpose of this forum is to offer suggestions that would improve the game and the community. It's not supposed to be a place where people only complain about other people's suggestions. But what do I know, I've only been here 2 years. You mentioned your time zone makes it difficult to be online during Power Hour. Well, perhaps you could make a suggestion of introducing a 3rd Power Hour at a convenient time for players in your time zone or something else. You get my point.

To add to my previous comment and to what Lycus said, if the concern with an increased drop chance suggestion is primarily the credit boost that players will have, then totally understand Lycus' reasoning. Especially when Omega arrives and players can battle NPCs an unlimited number of times. However, the context in which I originally intended my comments to be was that of PvP Drops. I wasn't, at all, thinking about NPC Drops that players could easily farm. As we all know, PvP battles are far from "guaranteed wins" so even with an increased drop chance, players may still have to battle many times to get a dropped item. Even then, it may not be the one they hoped for, but at least they're getting something they could use somehow.
Epic  Post #: 19
12/10/2012 19:42:21   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above in pvp you don't lose more than you win if you have a good build or you are not one of those botters, and really anything above 10% chance is too high, in a hour if you do 1v1 and it takes 1 minute to finish the battle if the other person doesn't stall you can have lots of fights enough to get you 10k more credits in a hour if this is implemented.
quote:

players may still have to battle many times to get a dropped item. Even then, it may not be the one they hoped for

hmm that would benefit varium users even more and make the powerhour unfair for non-vars since varium still gives some advantage in battle when omega arrives, so this will mean varium users gets a stack of credits and non-vars need to use their logic and luck to determine whether they win or lose.

a simple solution is as i have mentioned above, during powerhour there would be 15% health/energy booster drop rate so it would help you save that 28 credits each time you get it as a drop, and seriously everyone uses boosters these days, im sure drekon you use it often too.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 12/10/2012 19:43:45 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
12/10/2012 22:28:01   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

Hehe, I'm guilty of using boosters for sure. They're a vital part of a strategic player's arsenal of tactics. However, I didn't think you were serious about that. It's 14 Credits sellback for boosters btw. 28 Credits is the cost. But how exactly would that be a significant benefit? Let's presume that a player has 100 consecutive PvP victories with a 15% drop rate for boosters. As pointed out earlier, the statistics suggest 15 of those 100 victories will yield a successful dropped item. If you sell all 15 of these boosters at 14 Credits a piece, you just made a measly 210 Credits for what must have been a good 2+ hours of work. If you're lucky enough to get a broken item instead just once, you could sell it for a solid 1,000 Credits. That's worth 5 times more than 15% Boosters. Besides, there are already NPCs like Valery who drop boosters. With the unlimited NPC battles coming with Omega, your suggestion has already been planned to happen. The issue of Credit boosting will be solved after Omega's release, but the initial problem pointed out here regarding drop rates will not.
Epic  Post #: 21
12/10/2012 23:05:04   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above remember some don't like to vs npcs for drops unless it is a mission, and you would save 28 credits and never need to buy boosters during powerhour, if it happens long term think of how much credits you will save. 14 or 28 more credits is better than nothing.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> An hour to increase the drop chance
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition