Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Omega Design Notes - November 29, 2012

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Omega Design Notes - November 29, 2012
Page 3 of 12«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/29/2012 23:27:20   
Rayman
Banned

Xen:
How much BTs are you thinking for class change then? I still think credits for class change is way better since everyone usually donates all the tokens and at the end they won't have enought to buy class change with tokens.( these are just the ones that don't pay and dont play all the time)
AQW Epic  Post #: 51
11/29/2012 23:30:23   
Xendran

Trizz: No they shouldn't. You get the game for free. Cosmetics and convenience are at a cost.

Rayman: Not sure. And that's a player choice. I'd like to see more important choices with battle tokens, such as choosing to donate them or spend them on yourself. I don't really know how many battle tokens, probably something moderate actually.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 52
11/29/2012 23:36:31   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@xendran: talking with you is useless, all you want is to shine above all non var players and make them look bad.
the DEVS are wiser than you ppl, and im 100% sure of that,
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
11/29/2012 23:40:49   
Xendran

Trizz: Cosmetically, yes. It's not to make them look bad, more to make varium players look unique. It's the most common form of ethical microtransatction, and is actually a very wise marketing decision, as it will raise their income. One of the biggest barriers into varium entry is the feel of needing to buy a ridiculous amount of it to get a full set. With this, somebody could spend a few bucks on a 500 or 1000 varium pack and still get 100-200 armor customizations (5 varium per customization), or a couple of weapon skins.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 54
11/29/2012 23:58:01   
RageSoul

Yep , can't wait !
AQW Epic  Post #: 55
11/30/2012 0:01:31   
legion of souls

Artix Entertainment never fails to impress....

Good job ED team :)

AQW Epic  Post #: 56
11/30/2012 0:01:57   
TRizZzCENTRINO

only you are not happy, i have seen many variums and non varium being happy about buying the hair style once and for all and not wasted varium on it everytime you feel that your color doesnt match you weapon, how unique can we look with colors? we will only look unique infront of non vars but in front of vars we are not so unique, its a worthless feature if you ask me. most of us are trying to save varium while looking good at the same time, imagine if everytime you change 5 varium goes out of you pocket and if you change 5-8 times in a week(alot of us does this) it would still be 40 or 25 varium wasted. the current system is good as it is. suggest something that will help the game play. i already feel guilty to 3 hit KO a non var and we do not want to rub more mud in their face.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 11/30/2012 0:04:17 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
11/30/2012 0:04:00   
Xendran

These things are in exchange for variums losing their power advantage. You honestly sound like you personally don't want to pay for it, i havent heard any F2P players getting all riled up.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 58
11/30/2012 0:05:49   
SouL Prisoner

Im not sure if some1 asked this but, does this mean, you buy weapons in omega without any stats and damage?? you gotta purchase them, depending on ur lvl? or you get with stats and u can either change them or upgrade more on it?

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
11/30/2012 0:10:16   
TRizZzCENTRINO

i dont want to pay for it? i am up to date with all the current promos. and i have played this game for ages, with this now weapon upgrade system variums still stand a huge advantage. and most of the cool houses are varium only, cool bikes are varium only, promo weapons are varium only, cool bots are varium only(gammabot is way cooler than infernal android), name change is varium only, fine if you want variums to have more features than non vars, how about lets make jugg battle varium only, class change varium only, and bots varium only. thse varium only features will make varium players get bored easily, to me i like non vars to put up a challenge and i do not want to see a opponent in battle that does not look bada55.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
11/30/2012 0:14:23   
Xendran

quote:

lets make jugg battle varium only, class change varium only, and bots varium only

These are all extremely important gameplay elements. Coloring your armor is not. It is a cosmetic element.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 61
11/30/2012 0:14:59   
Joe10112

Let me get this straight.

I buy a Weapon. I can enhance it basically however I want (with some moderate restrictions). On ANY weapon I buy, at ANY level, to fit the level I am currently at?

Well, that's...awesome. I expect to see some really new and interesting builds for each class now that there arn't any restrictions anymore.

Changing up defense and resistance? Awesome again. +5/+5 Armors have a bonus, as they get to distribute 10 "points", while most other armors have +8 or +9 :)

Well this will be interesting. Very interesting.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 62
11/30/2012 0:18:54   
theholyfighter

-Love the DNs
A few questions:
1. So weapons only differ from Enhancement Slots right? ( awesome )
2. So basically all we have to do is NOT to put all modifiers into one stat then for the rest we can do whatever we want to do?
3. No more stat requirements for weapons, right? ( awesome )
4. Armors no longer have a difference between P and E right? ( sounds nice! )

< Message edited by theholyfighter -- 11/30/2012 0:19:39 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 63
11/30/2012 0:19:13   
Angels Holocaust

I wouldn't get too worked up about this phase of the game yet. This game is a lot like communism, great on paper but terrible once implemented. I'll wait and see what happens before I get my hopes up. Lord knows I've been disappointed with the way things are going with this game for 2 years, best not to make any assumptions about the future. A persons' actions are best dictated by looking at the past, and this game doesn't have a good record to run on.
Post #: 64
11/30/2012 0:23:33   
Xendran

quote:

Lord knows I've been disappointed with the way things are going with this game for 2 years,

This, so much. Omega looks promising though.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 65
11/30/2012 0:25:16   
legion of souls

quote:

I wouldn't get too worked up about this phase of the game yet. This game is a lot like communism, great on paper but terrible once implemented. I'll wait and see what happens before I get my hopes up. Lord knows I've been disappointed with the way things are going with this game for 2 years, best not to make any assumptions about the future. A persons' actions are best dictated by looking at the past, and this game doesn't have a good record to run on.

Been wanting to say this for the last 2 pages.
AQW Epic  Post #: 66
11/30/2012 1:21:35   
ngshuyi94

This is going to be so cool. Hope that they allow us to use tokens to upgrade the items too.

Seven Stars - Seven Heaven
My Character Webpage! =D
http://epicduel.artix.com/charpage.asp?id=ngshuyi

Epic  Post #: 67
11/30/2012 1:45:26   
Mdmarvel

So... I can use newbie weapons and pwn in the high lvls? No lvl requirement for using cool-looking weapons? "Upgrading" your current wep to match your lvl's capability? Congratulations, I now declare ED's Omega release, AQW-fied

DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
11/30/2012 1:58:38   
JariTheMighty

Question: Will upgrading items replace enhancements or will they both still exist after Omega update? Looking at Rabblefroth's answer at page 1, looks like enhancements will be gone. What will happen to previously enhanced items?

Reading everything properly seems to make understanding the text easier...

< Message edited by JariTheMighty -- 11/30/2012 8:24:20 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 69
11/30/2012 2:02:04   
King FrostLich

So with stat freedom, the weapon with the best value is the one with a good special effect.(i.e: Frost Destroyer's Frostbite effect that drains mana and stun gun with a stun effect) I can't wait for this update but how do you "upgrade" this item? Is there an experience bar for a weapon for it to level up?
Epic  Post #: 70
11/30/2012 2:51:06   
Xendran

Weapons with effects should have lower stats than weapons without.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 71
11/30/2012 2:54:37   
Vegafire

This is not a suggestion or Debate topic it is a Release notes preveiw lets keep it as that please,

As for the concerns about the Enhancements i think they may merge the current enhancement system into the new system meaning those enhancements are already purchased + more? deppending on the costs in the new system, for example 5 in the new system could cost the same as 3 in the old system.

Either that or the enhancements will stay as they are (extra enhancement slots) and the new system will allow you to modify and add initial enhancements to the weapons so it will still work on the (+x +y) basis when looking at items?

If it is this second idea that popped into my head then it wouldnt be leveled and just art, depending on the cost of the item and its rarity it would have more slots available to purchase compared to a weapon of less value at the same level, meaning the promos ect are still worthwhile.

But This is for the Dev's to decide and they havnt released any more information on it

Would be a shame if the varium spent on enhancing the current items we own went to waste.

Thank you,
Vegafire

< Message edited by deathshadowslayer -- 11/30/2012 2:58:32 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 72
11/30/2012 3:04:30   
ninja.fighter

atlast a reason to be active again
Epic  Post #: 73
11/30/2012 3:07:48   
Vegafire

First thing that ran through my head, Oh no 2v2 is going to be packed with Supp build Mercs again :P took us about 3 months to work out how to beat them at the begining of ED, should be fun im keeping my build the way it is, just adding any extra stats where i can :P
AQW Epic  Post #: 74
11/30/2012 3:14:52   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@xendran so you want to nerf promo weapons now? promo weapons are supposed to be more powerful than normal weapons and with a special ability, if you made it like that no one will get them.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Omega Design Notes - November 29, 2012
Page 3 of 12«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition