Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: What kind of Rp's do you want to see?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing General Discussion >> RE: What kind of Rp's do you want to see?
Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/2/2013 1:11:41   
Legendium

@Vanir

Since we can make two RPs with our own worlds in them now, I can safely say that that RP is a possibility. And I might even consider hosting it, since I have hosting privileges.

Unless I can find a way to make a decent AG OOC (I never find enough to say about the guild. I mean, it's a guild. For assassins. Which you can RP in. And there will be a plot, but I don't want to spoil it. What else is there to say, aside from HQ and a few other facts.), I'm going to brainstorm a new RP. I happen to be a weirdo who loves drawing maps, so I could stage an RP in a new world. I have too many worlds, as it happens.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 101
5/2/2013 10:29:39   
TJByrum

@Vanir: I'd enjoy the Avatar/Kononoke RP, but I'd also need to know more about it before I'd be committed to join it.

@Legendium: I'd love to be in Assassin's Guild. Heck, if no one else hosts it, I'd gladly host it when I am able to one day. I'll try to plan it out and everything, give the players a sense of free-roam but at the same time invite them into a thriving world where conspiracy and mystery rule the plot. Don't think of brutal assassins like in Assassin's Creed (which, as you could tell, was my main inspiration for hosting Assassin's Guild to begin with), but think of an organization of information-brokers, detectives, spies, and hired killers who are all working together for the good of the people (or for the bad of the people)? I'd want a lot of mystery and conspiracy theories in the RP.

That got me thinking: what if the Guild was split in two: the Guild who worked for the good, and those who worked for the bad. The Guild split up and a Civil War occurred, and now its Assassin-on-Assassin violence as they try to protect/assassinate key figures who help their cause!

@Vanir and Legendium: I want to get a brief history of the Guild right quick. As far as I know:
AG1: Shadow formed the guild in SpearSword; I believe Vanir had Shadow killed off later?
AG2: Suletius and his Assassins served the city of Alandria.
AG New Age: Azenn reformed the city.

Anything else?
DF AQW  Post #: 102
5/2/2013 12:30:26   
Legendium

quote:

That got me thinking: what if the Guild was split in two: the Guild who worked for the good, and those who worked for the bad. The Guild split up and a Civil War occurred, and now its Assassin-on-Assassin violence as they try to protect/assassinate key figures who help their cause!

Or better yet: three different factions that split apart. Three way wars are always better, I find. Or the split happens during the RP. That would make for a fun twist.You know, something that sends the city into a state of war in the underground, with innocents getting in the way. Or even make the RP like a whole history of the Guild: From the start to the end. As in, the RPers build the Guild and then end it. Or.....

Well, plot possibilities are endless. I'll gladly host it, but I need to get the right feel for it. I can't seem to find a way to start the OOC good.....
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 103
5/2/2013 13:10:34   
TJByrum

quote:

Or better yet: three different factions that split apart. Three way wars are always better, I find. Or the split happens during the RP. That would make for a fun twist.You know, something that sends the city into a state of war in the underground, with innocents getting in the way. Or even make the RP like a whole history of the Guild: From the start to the end. As in, the RPers build the Guild and then end it. Or.....

Well, plot possibilities are endless. I'll gladly host it, but I need to get the right feel for it. I can't seem to find a way to start the OOC good.....

I like idea of going from start to the end. We can have different characters throughout the RP. Different generations as we change chapters.

An idea:

Chapter I: A group of warriors attempt to hold off the Empire's large army, but there allies are slaughtered and they are forced to flee. They flee to the Imperial City to exact vengeance on the Emperor, but discover they have to use stealth to do it. So they form the Brotherhood, later named the Assassin's Guild by their enemies. After succeeding, they begin to question how effective the Brotherhood was and decide to build it up.
Chapter II: The warriors, now full-fledged Assassins, have laid out the foundation of the Assassin's Guild (adopting this name and removing 'the Brotherhood' title). Our characters are now recruits trained by our old characters (who are to old to play as or have died off). Our new characters must now decide the fate of our Guild: continue on the path of vengeance as our founders did, fight for the good of the people, or be an infamous organization who is devoted to the pursuit of riches. There's your three factions. Nevertheless, we work together to take down a conspirator.
Chapter III: The Guild splits into three fragments (as described above, finally venting their anger at each other). A Civil War erupts, and finally ends the Guild once and for all, or strengthens it - that is up to the players actions.
DF AQW  Post #: 104
5/2/2013 13:57:00   
Master K

If I get accepted, I'd gladly sign up for the assassins guild.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 105
5/2/2013 22:28:00   
Vanir

quote:

AG1: Shadow formed the guild in SpearSword; I believe Vanir had Shadow killed off later?
AG2: Suletius and his Assassins served the city of Alandria.
AG New Age: Azenn reformed the city.
Yes, we never made it that far, but it was my intent to have Forsaken kill Shadow. The Plot pivoted on the shadow creatures, but they don't have to appear in a new AG.

quote:

or be an infamous organization who is devoted to the pursuit of riches
It's not about money... its about sending a message.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 106
5/2/2013 22:43:25   
TJByrum

Thanks Vanir. I actually remember talking to you via PM a while ago about all of that. Forsaken was the scarecrow-like character, I remember. I think he once had his arm ripped off in the RP and used it as a weapon...?
DF AQW  Post #: 107
5/2/2013 23:04:51   
Vanir

@TJByrum - I know he had his arm ripped off, and found a new mechanical one to replace it. I think he just had crowbar or something to hack with. If you need a refresher course (and are very bored and need something to read), you may find all 9 pages of the AG here.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 108
5/3/2013 10:15:26   
TJByrum

I've seen it. A shame the OOC's were lost. :(

I stopped hosting it after Politheus was killed and we escaped to the mountains to that secreted fortress, and then everyone got a recruit.
DF AQW  Post #: 109
5/8/2013 12:27:18   
black knight 1234567

I'd love AG back. I liked my character, and also loved the free roam and all.
I'd like something in the wild west. Think along the lines of Red Dead Redemption, now THAT'S a western story done right.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 110
5/8/2013 15:04:18   
TJByrum

When you think of Superheroes (Hulk, Cap, Stark, Thor, etc) we always think of extraordinary men with amazing powers and abilities set in a modern world landscape amongst normal people.

But when you think of Fantasy, the whole idea of 'Superheroes' is thrown out the window and all you got is an entire world of potentially awesome people when a large group of standard Heroes. All around a fantasy world you got all these powerful mages, skilled knights, and sneaky assassins...

But what if we took that away? Let's just have a standard medieval world full of kings, knights, and peasants. You know, a standard European dark-ages type of setting - nothing supernatural and nothing special about it. No magic, no sorcery, no ultra-enhanced people, nothing.

And then we add a dab of 'fantasy'. A few people in this world (our characters) are gifted with superhero-like powers.

So it's like Marvel or DC comic book Superheroes, if they were set in a historically accurate setting... like Medieval Europe...
DF AQW  Post #: 111
5/8/2013 15:49:33   
Legendium

@TJByrum

I don't think I would mind setting things in a realistic setting for once. Or, rather, a setting where magic was very very seldom, feared and shunned, and very few people could actually control it.

I've been reading about realistic combat writing, and I have to say, making an RP where weapon finesse and realistic character design was a must would be fun. As in, not just "My character is proficient with a greatsword," but a lot of information about how they use their greatsword in which kinds of fights, as in when the opponent is mounted, when they are using polearms, and etcetera. So when I say an RP that functions on huge amounts of detail, I mean, I want to know every last little thing about this person.

What say? (Expects boos of "Too complicated!")
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 112
5/9/2013 8:39:14   
black knight 1234567

Nah, i'd actually think a good idea is they don't have magic, but are all just insane. They think they're using their powers to do things, but in reality, they're doing actual effort.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 113
5/11/2013 14:11:53   
TJByrum

I remember a while back I mentioned something along the lines of a Pirate Roleplay and got several positive responses. The problem is actually pulling it off, which would be extremely hard. I did a bit of research on naval battle tactics, crew sizes, ship sizes, cannon count, etc and got quite a bit of information from it. But I forgot it now. I REMEMBER, I do not LEARN, which is bad cause I always forget. But I think I found out a solution:

Say we got about 10 players. 5 of them are Pirates and begin in a pirate hideout, such as Lolosia or 'Pirate's Cove', whatever. The other 5 are Privateers of the Lorian Navy. Instead of having 10 ships bee-bopin' around the ocean, we'd have two: the Pirates and the Privateers.

Now the Pirates can roam around, pillage, do whatever, The Privateers then have to set out and find these Pirates and put an end to their pillaging. They can battle if they want, board the ship, fight hand-to-hand, etc.

But I was thinking they can capture each other's ship, ransom the crew back to safety, and then the Pirates/Privateers would now have access to two ships. Also they could have Pirate allies and Navy Allies, Mercenaries, etc.

Kind of hard to do. What would you roleplay about in the middle of the ocean stuck on the same ship? To be honest, I'd like to do that, it'd give me a lot of time to do collaborations with other people's characters (conversation collaborations). Give us time for our characters to interact and such.

Swords, mere magic, etc could be used, not sure on guns though.
DF AQW  Post #: 114
5/11/2013 14:42:32   
Legendium

@TJByrum

I think I might just host a pirate roleplay. Under one condition though: it can't be placed in Lore. If I can bring a pirate roleplay into a different world, I think I could pull it off nicely. A little less technical, and with a bit more plot than "Pirates pillage things, navy policemen chase them."

I'm thinking something along the lines of "Pirates pillage, navy policemen chase them, and then a big super dee duper sea monster comes and threatens them both." Either they work together to deafeat the sea monster and it's minions (seems too cliche for me), or, the better option, three way war.

What say?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 115
5/11/2013 16:46:09   
TJByrum

Neat idea Legendium. Either way, Pirates are going to attract a lot of RPers.
DF AQW  Post #: 116
5/12/2013 4:50:17   
Starstruck

There are a billion different storylines for a pirate RP you could dream up that involve nothing you wouldn't have access to in Lore. In addition, you can tap into the DF storyline and make it a three-way war between pirates, sea monsters, and....ninjas?!?!?!? (punctuation added for excess emphasis)

As I understand it, a non-Lore RP would have to be an idea that cannot possibly work within the confines of the AEiverse. The proposed Dinosaur RP was one such suggestion, while the idea of the 3 worlds was another. There are no dinosaurs on Lore, not by any stretch of the imagination, nor is there a planet the likes of which we have described. To create those RPs would be to acknowledge that they are not based off of AE and use our slots allotted to non-AE RPs.

If I am wrong, I am of course wrong and rather underinformed. I was not approved to host any RPs (congrats Legendium!), so I suppose my opinion counts for 0 at the moment.
DF MQ  Post #: 117
5/12/2013 7:18:35   
TJByrum

Your opinion only builds up the ideas Starstruck, so keep posting opinions. I myself cannot host either, but I still come up with ideas.
DF AQW  Post #: 118
5/12/2013 8:57:22   
Legendium

quote:

I was not approved to host any RPs (congrats Legendium!)

I think the only reason I got approved was because of how I structured my OOC in the old boards. But before I can host another RP, I need to find something with lots of possibilities for description. Otherwise, I'm at a loss on how to make an OOC. I suppose I could host it in Lore, and probably could. But for now, I'll wait until RoP has gotten going before I start my own RP. I'm not going to think about my RP until the first IC post of RoP.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 119
5/13/2013 11:13:58   
TJByrum

Someone spoke of interest to Native Americans, which I also share after playing Age of Empires III.

I played Assassin's Creed III recently and had an idea that mixed naval roleplaying, Native Americans, and a sort of 'colonial new world' feel to it. It's like a free-roam kind of thing but each character has a specific storyline to follow, and the host will twist the stories together so that the characters have to interact to fulfill their stories.

EDIT: For those who are confused, let me explain. Say we got a Native character, let's call him Xio, and his storyline is about him trying to find his wife who was taken by the colonists. We also have a pirate character, Ragard, who has a storyline about finding ancient treasure. Finally, we have a colonist trying to rebuild the Thieves Guild in the colonies named Freji. Now I mix this up. Xio's wife was taken by a mmber of the Thieve's Guild, so Xio will come into direct contact with Freji. Meanwhile, Ragard must find Xio and request or force assistance to find the ancient treasure. Xio may request Ragard's help first to deal with Freji and then help Ragard find the treasure. But Ragard has to be careful not to actively oppose the Thieves Guild or risk mutiny from his crew.

That's just an idea, but I am sure people would have better storylines.
DF AQW  Post #: 120
5/17/2013 6:52:04   
black knight 1234567

I'm in for a Pirate Roleplay. I can already imagine how awesome it would be describing boarding ships, from throwing the ropes on board, with the mast collapsing down, to jumping in, killing everyone, take the treasure, and sail off.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 121
5/17/2013 10:00:07   
Vanir

quote:

For those who are confused, let me explain. Say we got a Native character, let's call him Xio, and his storyline is about him trying to find his wife who was taken by the colonists. We also have a pirate character, Ragard, who has a storyline about finding ancient treasure. Finally, we have a colonist trying to rebuild the Thieves Guild in the colonies named Freji. Now I mix this up. Xio's wife was taken by a mmber of the Thieve's Guild, so Xio will come into direct contact with Freji. Meanwhile, Ragard must find Xio and request or force assistance to find the ancient treasure. Xio may request Ragard's help first to deal with Freji and then help Ragard find the treasure. But Ragard has to be careful not to actively oppose the Thieves Guild or risk mutiny from his crew.

YES!
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 122
5/17/2013 17:16:01   
TJByrum

Not necessarily a pirate roleplay, but I did come up with a naval-like roleplay.

A merchant ship captain and his ultimate goal of finding the Ghost of the Northern Lights. I am the captain, and I assemble a crew (players) to help me accomplish the task and, if possible, destroy the Ghost.

Already got an outline of the plot, even an OOC ready to go, and basic character descriptions saved.
DF AQW  Post #: 123
5/18/2013 3:36:27   
Legendium

@TJ

You know, sounds good to me. Pirate RPs seem to be in general well accepted. I can make the OOC and we could host it together.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 124
5/18/2013 7:48:43   
BattleLord

Ive had multiple good ideas about RP's.

1. Mech Suit RPG, something like Gundam

2. Martial Arts RPG, based in ancient Asia with all forms of martial arts,

3. And an RPG about being a media celebrity

4. Gang RPG's
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing General Discussion >> RE: What kind of Rp's do you want to see?
Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition