Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= December 11, 2012 - Not Yeti Yet

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= December 11, 2012 - Not Yeti Yet
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/11/2012 16:13:54   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

quote:

For Omega, you'll be able to travel to Alydriah's new Winter palace, built upon the remains of the old Exile fortress, and Titan's Peak, a mysterious addition to the Frysteland skyline that suddenly became visible this year. Could this signal the end of the world? Have the gods finally descended up the cursed world of Delta V to pass final judgment?

Are they putting this storyline? Just because the French and chinese people are taking it seriously(Apparently the world will end in 21st of December)? I don't think its true ^^. Alot of people was talking about if the world was going to end but it didn't (Like a scientist who said the world will end at 2012).

< Message edited by Blaze Wing -- 12/11/2012 16:14:27 >
Epic  Post #: 26
12/11/2012 16:16:39   
One Winged Angel1357

@Blaze they saw a perfect chance to add some extra pop culture into the Epicduel just like AQW did with the 12-12-12 world eater thing

@Astral in the Q&A section Charfade said something about the Two yeti's coming with the shirt and possibly just the shirt but the plan might have changed since then
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 27
12/11/2012 16:20:16   
Unknown Menace

The picture with the paths leading different ways makes me think of dragonfable. Now let's hope that yeti training is somewhat similar to the dragon pet training in DF that would be neat. Omega yeti FTW.
Epic  Post #: 28
12/11/2012 16:20:56   
The Astral Fury

Angel- But did you forget the DN's just said if you don't feel like taking the time to upgrade your old Yeti, there's a shortcut to get this maybe titan knows something about it so I think that means we can get them in game at a shop for varuim at titan.

< Message edited by The Astral Fury -- 12/11/2012 16:23:12 >
DF AQW  Post #: 29
12/11/2012 16:26:31   
Eventus

quote:

I'm happy they're telling us now as opposed to saturday at 3 AM, but realistically they should have just estimated correctly to begin with.

I would just like to take a moment to note that it's extremely difficult to estimate launch dates, which is why the developers are usually reluctant to release such to begin with—and even then, those dates are tentative at best. Anything can happen in the developmental process; regretfully the developers are not endowed with the gift of foresight to know exactly how things will go (and ergo how long things will take to develop).

I can affirm though that this delay was not in any way the result of procrastination or carelessness. I have been privy to witness the countless hours the developers have spent the last few weeks coding, drawing and polishing out the Omega phase in an effort to ensure that the final product of this major phase will be in the best possible quality for all EpicDuelists. That amount of dedication could only prove that the developers really care about all of you and wouldn't dream of presenting you guys with a rushed job; they honestly could have no other motive for delaying this release.
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
12/11/2012 16:31:22   
The Astral Fury

Lol I'd like to see you guys make a great game with a limited number of staff, time and resources.

Lol and guys december 21 is a week away and I really don't see anything that could predict they the world is ending and were gonna get an apocolypse. Lol everything is so calm right now I doubt it's gonna end.
DF AQW  Post #: 31
12/11/2012 16:33:13   
Nexus...

Ever heard of "the calm before the storm" #darkknightftw >_>
Epic  Post #: 32
12/11/2012 16:35:28   
The Astral Fury

I don't think that applies to an apocolyspe of the whole world. And an apocolypse is pretty darn big we'd be seeing for sure signs of an apocolypse now.
DF AQW  Post #: 33
12/11/2012 16:54:01   
One Winged Angel1357

@Fury Titan is a god after all he can do whatever he wants

@Eventus as weird as this sounds I believe that the Dev's great skill and ability are their downfall at times. We see such great things from them and they don't want to disappoint us so I feel one of these updates they may end up biting off more then they can chew but Omega doesn't seem like it is that update
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 34
12/11/2012 17:02:12   
Stabilis

I predict Reki's apocalypse sword being implemented.
AQ Epic  Post #: 35
12/11/2012 17:58:52   
goldslayer1

if an apocalypse does happen, it should be a zombie apocalypse.
#TheWalkingDead

anyway, now i have more time to try and reach grand emperor before omega.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/11/2012 17:59:23 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
12/11/2012 20:10:52   
T.600

Everything I predicted so far has been correct, Angels Holocaust. The end has begun. And if I'm not mistaken, no phase release has ever been released on time. :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
12/11/2012 20:14:12   
Sympleton

A developer should generally set a release date of twice the time they think it will take. That way if they finish early; awesome, you finished early! If it finishes later than what you thought it actually would, then you have a safeguard.

At least that's what they say to do in programming class :p

Not to say I'm disappointed. Video games are notorious for pushing back releases, so I just assume every release will be between a week and a month after the "Official release date".

I appreciate all the hard work the devs are putting in btw. 20 hours of coding sounds... Bleh
Epic  Post #: 38
12/11/2012 20:16:57   
  Exploding Penguin

Unfortunately, some things can't be avoided, especially later release launch dates on games. As a programmer of multiple languages myself, I can say for a fact that you can never know when you reach unwanted extra effects while programming a certain function. Everything could have been going fine and following up to the supposed release date, but when it comes to programming a slight error pops up which can take hours to fix or to even find out what's the problem, especially with complex coding structures such as full-blown browser MMOs. I'm unaware of what language Titan and the other staff members use, but I can imagine it being a pain to an extent, having to be wary of previous programming statements which can collide with the new ones, particularly when they're trying to release a massive update with content to the equivalent of possibly an entire month. We all just have to be patient and let things get fixed.
Epic  Post #: 39
12/11/2012 20:20:27   
Jekyll

Well, OneRepublic pushed back their Native album release from April 2012 to November 2012, then to January 2013 if I'm not wrong...
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 40
12/11/2012 20:41:03   
One Winged Angel1357

@Jekyll that is nothing Gran Turismo pushed back on it's release dates by a year... and a friend of mine pre-ordered it for the original release date.

@Exploding Penguin AE uses Action Script 3.0(Some of the games used to run on 2.0 and I am not sure if all had been converted over to 3.0 but ED has done the conversion) and AS 3.0 is similar to Java me and a friend have had a few conversations about that. So if you can understand java AS 3.0 is followable to an extent
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 41
12/11/2012 21:21:00   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Thanks for telling us now instead of later. Better for all of us :P

quote:

16 to 20 hour days

Oh my goodness you guys! 16 to 20 hours! That's insane!

I dont even know how it's physically possible to sit on at a computer and code for 16 hours. I can barely stand 7 hours of school, let alone 16 hours of coding. Thats 9 more hours of what I do. O_O

Still psyched for Omega. It'll get here when it gets here.

I understand most of the new system and can help people with their questions. I can also help people with getting the best out of your experience with the new stats plug in. If anyone has any questions about spending the least amount of varium/credits and time on rebuilding or needs help figuring out stats you can ask me and I'll tell you to the best of my ability. I will be telling you based on 6 different ways the devs could make it work so you should be prepared for anything.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 42
12/11/2012 22:12:33   
T.600

I hope there are new bosses, I love boss fights, especially 2vs1 ones :P.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
12/11/2012 22:16:45   
Blaze The Aion Ender

Slightly offtopic, but wasn't duke nukem pushed back like 10 years?

I am just waiting, I'm in no rush for Omega, I feel like my varium advantage will be removed, so I will enjoy this while it lasts...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
12/11/2012 22:18:33   
Stabilis

16-20 hours at work, 6 hours sleep (or 4 apparently), eating + dressing + washing all done at work? Did someone lock the staff in the underground lab (Dexter's Lab)?
AQ Epic  Post #: 45
12/11/2012 22:59:54   
Goony
Constructive!

quote:

I feel one of these updates they may end up biting off more then they can chew

I think this might be the update ;)

The change log is massive!

In Epic Duel,
success is not final,
failure is not fatal
and it is the courage to continue that counts!
Epic  Post #: 46
12/11/2012 23:33:38   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

Rumor has it that there's a shortcut to this process. Maybe Titan knows something about it?

LOL, Big time "Rumors" , isn't it obvious, spend varium DAH :D

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
12/11/2012 23:37:56   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

quote:

Rumor has it that there's a shortcut to this process. Maybe Titan knows something about it?

Just take your yeti to Titans NPC. Lol.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 48
12/11/2012 23:46:13   
SouL Prisoner

Do really think it was a good idea spending time on making a "yeti" evolving feature???

I mean c'mon ....The "To do list" is dying out ....

So many features to be done and what they do???

Come up with something of their own, more like " boring own" :/

More than the yeti feature, i bet every one would have loved it, if you guys came up with features like " Tournament, Ballyhoo ect" ..
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
12/12/2012 1:50:17   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above they did promise us more bots, and no we wouldnt want ballyhoo here, its because we do not want more AQW related stuff or she will get massacred on delta V :P
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= December 11, 2012 - Not Yeti Yet
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition