Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: What do you use for good Rp source and refrence material?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing General Discussion >> RE: What do you use for good Rp source and refrence material?
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/24/2012 16:01:27   
Sir Nicholas

Well, that is how I'm going to retire my secondary character. See, unlike my main - who is an ageless defender, Tyrone (the Old Soldier) is an ordinary human man, and he's been fighting his entire life. Literally, since he was old enough to walk - he has either been in conflict or in training. He had to be sharp throughout his childhood, and he eventually grows bored with the life of a fighter for hire, deciding instead on something a little more creative.

And besides - swordsmanship and artistry are really not all that different: They both require steady hands, experience, self-discipline, grace, fluidity, balance and the ability to "visualize" one's objective.

Really though, my main is a paladin - and his works are eternal, but sooner or later he will experience the end of the Hero's Journey. I won't say how or when, but someday his great struggle will come to an end.

He's already killed a lot of evil - and he's only just getting started.
AQ  Post #: 26
12/24/2012 18:45:06   
DaiTigris
How We Roll Winner
June14

quote:

Please do not be proactive in the propagation of this overused stereotype. It annoys me to no end. I am blonde and am extremely intelligent. Hair color has nothing to do with intelligence.

Know what you mean Eukara. I happen to be a brunette but there are times when I can be rather ditzy and absent minded.
Speaking of stereo types, I find it a lot of fun to take a typical stereo type and turn it in side out.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 27
12/25/2012 19:33:08   
The Demon Mage

I'd have to say Anime and Manga/random books. Most of the original role-play characters I have created so far have been bits and pieces of several things glue'd together. Currently working on a side project of an overpowered Gary Sue. Yes, we all know how powerful a normal Gary Sue is, but what if this particular Gary Sue was the Gary Sue of the Gary Sue's. Say that a few hundred times fast, go on, do eet. I dare you to.
Post #: 28
12/25/2012 23:59:21   
Starstruck

Eukara, if I was actively attempting to portray blonds/blondes as ditzy and idiotic, I would not be using the kind of vocabulary I am prone to abusing. :P

It was mostly a joke, since I'm so dirty blond it really only becomes pale enough to really tell without comparison after a short haircut. However, I'm definitely prone to the kinds of ditziness and obstructed common sense that are a major part of that stereotype. I can be extremely intelligent at times, though - never fear, the stereotypes still don't apply!
DF MQ  Post #: 29
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing General Discussion >> RE: What do you use for good Rp source and refrence material?
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition