Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Card Mechanics/Combos Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Card Mechanics/Combos Discussion
Page 10 of 14«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/4/2014 23:12:25   
Gorillo Titan

1 corruption
2 Iron hide
3 shields
5 500s
1 powerstrike
1 sacrifice
1 empower
1 nuetralize

Is this a good deck?

When we finally get water character with arcs it will be.
Post #: 226
10/4/2014 23:29:03   
The Jop

I would get rid of one or two of the 500 attacks so it's not so expensive. But otherwise it's great. If you want to make it really powerful you could add another corruption.

Maybe, but you said yourself that dual element characters have a problem with dead hands. I don't like suggesting dual element characters because, while they can be very powerful, when you don't draw charge cards they play pretty badly.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 10/4/2014 23:31:23 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 227
10/4/2014 23:51:19   
Gorillo Titan

Its not dual elemental though.
Post #: 228
10/5/2014 10:13:25   
The Finnish Phoenix

Well, a Neutral character that good would certainly be new terrain as well as the most powerful character in the game by a pretty significant margin, but if that's the direction you want to take then okay.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 229
10/5/2014 10:16:49   
Gorillo Titan

The way pumpklinlord deck is setup for it to get stronger it would need a deck like that all 500 cards and powerstrikes already think of the sacrfice as a weakness then.
Post #: 230
10/5/2014 11:58:23   
The Finnish Phoenix

Not really. Shaolin Monk is better than Pumpkinlord and your character is quite a bit better than Dire Monk, so there'd be a much greater leap in rank for what you're proposing than what's precedented. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for power creep and understand that Pumpkinlord is SG's to begin with, but Neutral is already the best element in the game so it would take a while for other elements to catch up before a deck like you're suggesting could be viable. There's a difference between power creep and going from zero to a hundred real quick.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 10/5/2014 12:01:42 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 231
10/5/2014 13:47:47   
Gorillo Titan

Monk only that strong do to having neutralizes without it Augustiner would be better than it. Taro and pumpkinlord are the best characters to compare since the decks are only different by a few cards. DF is a terrible card than no character should have in its normal deck.
Post #: 232
10/6/2014 0:06:05   
The Finnish Phoenix

Probably, what with the extra Counter. Unfortunately for Augustiner Zwei and Pumpkinlord, Neutralize (which is already the best card in the game) would be especially helpful in their decks due to their amount of high-cost cards, and they don't have it. Taro is just a PumpkinLord that traded in a Power Strike for a Neutralize, but the difference is dramatic. As in, PumpkinLord is one of the worst Neutrals past the Veteran rank (as is Augustiner Zwei) and Taro is the best character in the game.

If Monk were to always just discard Death Flow, he'd still have 58 remaining energy in his default deck which is more than enough for him to convert his energy pretty well (even more so after CC's), so really it's not a problem for him at all and can actually be quite effective in conjunction with Neutralize (5 energy for an instant 1500 damage is nothing to sneeze at, and Neutralize in tandem with a converted Corruption is 0 energy for 2000 damage which I don't even know where to begin talking about efficiency but it's off-the-radar-good.) Neutral vs. Neutral tends to be a climate where a fully-converted Corruption doesn't exist though (due to Iron Hide), but this could change with the ban of CC Iron Hide in the Neutral tournament. In normal Neutral vs. Neutral fights, the turning point is usually in favour of whoever gets lucky enough to have a Neutralize + Death Flow combo coincide with an opponent's Iron Hide lapse from what I've seen. Monk, Dire Monk, Taro, and Arcane Ranger all have Death Flow in their decks and don't seem to suffer a great deal for it.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 233
10/6/2014 0:13:30   
Gorillo Titan

I just feel a PL rank up needs to be good cost 10 sgs just to get a character who doesn't have nuetralize and the fact his animations are amazing IMO gives him points for me but OS needs some expensive characters that are fun to play with Queen is boring with the generic combos PL rank up with a playable deck and having great animations is something OS needs.
Post #: 234
10/6/2014 19:17:33   
The Finnish Phoenix

I get what you mean, but idk if the Zweis necessarily mean PL gets an evo this year, and if they can avoid releasing it now I'd rather they did so that they can round out the elements before widening the gap. That being said, Tharr cost 10 SG's and he didn't even have 2 Iron Hides. *That* being said, we certainly don't need another Tharr.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 235
10/6/2014 19:54:21   
Gorillo Titan

That stinks though cool animations but to costly for a deck.
Post #: 236
10/7/2014 14:31:03   
The Jop

How about this deck for a Doomknight character? Not my kind of deck, but I thought it would be funny since Doomknight's all about raw damage.

500 Attack x5
Defend x2
Mark of Death x3
Surge x2
Sacrifice x3
Bloodrage x2
Life Drain x2

< Message edited by The Jop -- 10/8/2014 1:55:02 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 237
10/7/2014 18:56:53   
Gorillo Titan

You would need to add shields or void reflect to keep that thing alive though.
Post #: 238
10/7/2014 19:10:07   
The Jop

Yeah, I figure people could CC things onto it to make it more defensive, but the whole theme of Doomknights is DOOOOOOM!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 239
10/7/2014 19:11:41   
Gorillo Titan

The deck isn't that strong.
Post #: 240
10/7/2014 19:28:06   
The Jop

Shadow doesn't have a lot of cards that instantly do a lot of damage like fire or energy, but that's about the most damage it can do in the least amount of time.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 241
10/7/2014 19:43:26   
Gorillo Titan

You would rarely have a use for the empowers though.
Post #: 242
10/7/2014 20:21:10   
The Jop

Okay, I got rid of one. I just thought it would be good because it has a lot of expensive cards, so it could use a free way to boost its attack. Thanks for the suggestion.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 243
10/7/2014 20:26:34   
Gorillo Titan

A defensive shadow character would be your worse enemy being able to stall you with a void reflection. less than 50% chance of doing a 5 hit combo.

It seems like the deck would play like dreadfiend or nulgath can do good damage at first but lacks the cards to do the final blow in a fast enough pace.
Post #: 244
10/7/2014 20:31:15   
The Jop

I agree, defensive characters are usually better in the long run. I don't think it's a great deck, but Doomknights are normally about doing as much damage as possible, not guarding, so I wanted the deck to be like that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 245
10/7/2014 20:39:18   
Gorillo Titan

Might as well use the original soul wyvern deck as a template with a very high 5 hit chance ratio orc does well without any shields cards go all attack no deff at all and run stuns on the enemy while spamming dot.

Shadowfire isn't the best card IMO since it can't be combo with add surges instead of empowers since doomknights are kind of surging with evil power.
Post #: 246
10/7/2014 21:28:36   
elite dark slayer

That doomknight looks like it could do some pretty cool power but it seems kinda... squishy without ANY defence at all. I say add a void reflection and 2 defends. (might be a bit much though,20 cards) Umm, remove 2 MoDs and replace another card with poison, I think that would balance it out. Maybe also remove 2 500s, you've got FAR too many attack cards. So it becomes:

500 Attack x3
500 defend x2
Mark of death x1
Surge x2
Sacrifice x3
Blood rage x1
Life drain x2
poison x1
void reflection x1

resulting in 16 cards and a more balanced (in my opinion) deck. Feel free to shoot down this suggestion.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 247
10/7/2014 21:32:16   
Gorillo Titan

He wanted a glass cannon character,
Post #: 248
10/7/2014 23:46:23   
elite dark slayer

Oh. But it still seems a bit.. too glass cannon-y. It would get wrecked by any good offensive characters and anything that is built to tank. It has 2 healing attacks which only heal 400 HP, and 5 cards that make you effectively start killing yourself. 5 500 attacks, now I think about it, is also a bit much. It doesn't have to be Such a glass cannon that in any of your unluckier fights and duels you effectively sign a death contract.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 249
10/8/2014 1:56:15   
The Jop

I've added two shields so it's not so self destructive, but void reflection is a waste of energy against things with DoTs or unblockables. Your deck is more sustainable, but doesn't go with the theme as much.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 10/8/2014 1:57:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Card Mechanics/Combos Discussion
Page 10 of 14«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition