Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Card Mechanics/Combos Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Card Mechanics/Combos Discussion
Page 11 of 14«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/8/2014 11:33:22   
Gorillo Titan

Does Clan archer have the highest chance of getting 5 hits?
Post #: 251
10/8/2014 12:38:26   
The Jop

No, I think that's Peasant since 18/20 of her cards are attacks.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 252
10/8/2014 12:42:48   
Gorillo Titan

clan has 10 out of 13 attack cards I think
Post #: 253
10/8/2014 12:52:55   
The Jop

That's right, but 18/20 is a higher ratio than 10/13.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 254
10/8/2014 13:10:16   
Gorillo Titan

You have to factor in card cost two peasant's two powerstrikes but in in situations it won't have the energy to do a 5 hit though.
Post #: 255
10/8/2014 13:16:35   
The Jop

But it has 10 100 Attacks, so it should be fine for energy unless it gets really unlucky.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 256
10/8/2014 14:29:03   
yuno44907
Banned

What about frogzard?
Post #: 257
10/8/2014 16:55:53   
The Jop

13/16, which is a slightly higher ratio than Clan Archer.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 258
10/9/2014 10:20:59   
Gorillo Titan

How about a character who does two different 5 hit combo one for doing it with a 5 hit card and one for doing it with 5 attack cards?
Post #: 259
10/10/2014 7:48:35   
The Jop

Maybe they could add a card that draws a new hand, so you skip the turn where you have to redraw. It could cost about 4 energy.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 260
10/10/2014 11:14:04   
TheSage

@ The Jop : that would have been an artifact actually, a 1 use per match kind of thing, with more uses if you get stronger versions of it
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 261
10/10/2014 11:21:35   
Gorillo Titan

Aka broken when used by ice characters.
Post #: 262
10/10/2014 11:21:51   
megakyle777

What do you mean would have? Will artifacts never occur now? DX

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 10/10/2014 11:22:14 >
DF  Post #: 263
10/10/2014 11:25:01   
Gorillo Titan

We need to get a team before we can get artifacts most likely.
Post #: 264
10/11/2014 12:09:37   
Blackshock

Been tinkering around with my MG CC lately and finally got around to favoring a build I call "slow burn" which includes CC-ing 3 burns, one storm, and 1 fire whirl. The amount of DoT stacking helps keep the damage pressure on while you charge up for the big nukes.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 265
10/12/2014 22:37:21   
The Jop

Here are some CC suggestions for Omni Knight. I only used one card of each type so you don't get too many cards in your hand that you can't use and you have a good chance to draw the charge cards you need. They're also all below 10 energy because there's a pretty low chance you'll get to use the same charge card twice in a deck with 4 elements.

Defensive:
Iron Hide - A very powerful card that will give you 1000 defense each turn for 2 turns. You most likely will only get one or two chances to use it, so make sure you only use it when you know you will be blocking an attack.
Electric Arc - The most efficient damage over time card. This should help you a bit with damage and its 6 turns are more likely to be completed when you're spending many turns defending and healing.
Healing Spring - The best healing card after Greater Heal, and a great buffer for your health.

Offensive:
Corruption - The most damaging damage over time attack, 500 damage every turn for 4 turns.
Storm - I would choose this over charged/supercharged since Omni Knight will not make great attack combos with all the CC and charge cards. A quick bit of damage: 1000 damage over 2 turns. You can only use this once per Energize though, so you may want to replace it with Electric Arc or something else.
500 Attack (?) - Water really does not have any good offensive card. Water Rapid is energy efficient, but it's just silly to add such a weak card when you're probably only going to use it once in a battle.

These are just some ideas, so feel free to change and mix these however you please. Good luck!

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 266
10/13/2014 7:08:22   
99th Dracopyre

What are some good cards to put into the Omni Knight? Since he has element fodder cards.

~Draco
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 267
10/13/2014 9:04:02   
Gorillo Titan

Storm for DOT.

Penace to sustain you while you build your deck.

healing spring if you wanna be differnet.

Attacks cards if you wanna use energize since you need to give up to attack cards for it to work.

Corruption since it does a lot of damage.

Iron hides gives good deff.

New card idea called lucky block has a 50/50 chanced of either blocking half the damage you receive or causing it to do double damage.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 10/15/2014 19:25:12 >
Post #: 268
3/22/2015 1:42:36   
Axel459
The Void Calls

I feel like this thread should be revived with the Chaos element coming out soon there's a lot to talk about with the new cards.

I just did a bunch of testing with Chaos Flux and some attack cards (also some spells just to make sure there weren't any that worked with it) Chaos Flux currently works on Stone Strike, Holy Strike, Power Strike, Ice Needle, Water Crash, and Tazer for some reason it has no effect on the cards Blood Rage and Life Drain which seem like they would work as they can be used in attack combos and for bonuses but I guess because they also do things like restoring health (Life drain) and reducing your health (Blood Rage) they're more considered spells which would also explain why Snow Orb wasn't able to be used with flux.

So far I don't think Chaos Flux is that good of a card could possibly be in a Neutral deck with Power Strikes as those being free instead of 7 energy would be nice if the Chaos Element has a normal attack card that costs 7+ like Power Strike or has something similar to Fireball but as a normal attack card I can see it being useful.

One last thing Chaos Flux doesn't work if you don't have the energy needed to play the card normally so it should always be used first to make your attack card free this could possibly be a bug or just how the mechanic was coded in I don't know really.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 269
3/22/2015 2:12:47   
The Finnish Phoenix

To me Chaotic Flux is an extremely good card. Its most frequent pairing will be with 500's, which will essentially grant the same thing as the Neutral-500+ attack CC's that the vast majority of characters can make use of to great effect. It gets even better when paired with the unblockable-500's, Holy/Power Strikes, and what Pummel appears to be (700-for-6 attack), and explains why Pummel appears to do less for 6 energy than what the numerous other 6 energy Chaos cards (Beam, Plague, Reflection, Defence) do.

I'm a huge fan of 0 energy cards in general because they can be splashed into decks of characters of other elements (as has been done with Flux already) which results in an abundance of new possibilities. It probably won't given the fate of Surge, but if Chaotic Flux appears in CC's as Empower does, watch out!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 270
3/22/2015 3:07:29   
Axel459
The Void Calls

Looking at it as being the same as a neutral 525 is nice but to me it still doesn't seem that great, draw it without attack cards it's useless, draw it with an attack card that card is free now but you probably would have been better off with something else instead of the Flux. It's not the worse card of course and I can see occasions where it would help you win the game and using it with Power Strike is definitely one of those occasions not too much with the unlockable 500's or Holy Strike though. The 5 energy for Holy Strike is amazing already being free isn't really necessary the unblockables are between 5-6 usually just discarded because of that unless for a finisher Flux could possibly give them more use than just discards.

If what you think Pummel seems to be like is true being 6 energy for 700 it does have value in chaos when it's released of course the previews we've gotten could change energy amounts, dmg etc. Can't fully evaluate it until more chaos cards are revealed and I'm very excited for that but right now I don't see Chaos Flux being too valuable in anything but the Neutral element I'm personally not really enjoying it too much in Drakath's deck.

I will agree if it's placed in CC like empower was it will definitely be something to watch out for though.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 271
3/22/2015 16:44:05   
Vertigo Beast

In my opinion Chaotic Flux is very situational. If you happen to have like say 8 neutral energy, and 2 power strikes, you could get a very efficient strong attack in, but it doesn't seem to be that useful when you aren't trying to use it to finish off an opponent when you have ~4-10 energy. If the card gets changed to work when you don't already have the energy needed for the attack card that is going to be made free it will be extremely useful. That would allow much more potential for combining it with other elements and would mix well in any deck.

Currently the card CAN be very good, but only if you have certain conditions, and I hope that it will be changed to allow any attack card despite the energy you have so that we can get more creative with how we use it. Although, I do agree that it will still be useful in CC's if it is put in.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 272
3/22/2015 17:13:37   
shadex

It's very possible that chaotic flux only works when you have the correct amount of energy as a simple fix for the old bug of it constantly stacking energy.
AQ  Post #: 273
3/22/2015 22:22:24   
Gorillo Titan

It'll most likely be very rarely put on decks like surge barely anything has surges.
Post #: 274
3/25/2015 22:41:39   
Elite Tuga

Chaos implemented in-game will most likely bring several bugs as we already have experienced some of them. I suggest if anyone see's anything abnormal then please feel free to report it to the OS Bug Tracker Site or let an AE Staff member know about it to forward the problem.

We need to work as a team if we want things to improve. Thanks in-advance!

< Message edited by Elite Tuga -- 3/27/2015 21:14:51 >
Epic  Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Card Mechanics/Combos Discussion
Page 11 of 14«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition