Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Card Mechanics/Combos Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Card Mechanics/Combos Discussion
Page 2 of 14«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/19/2012 17:57:34   
Fallen Crest

Ah, Interesting. Thanks for the clarification.
AQW  Post #: 26
12/20/2012 17:32:50   
Dannish
Banned

I thought we could only do cross-element cards with Hybrids....
I hope there is a frenzy of cards for each element. That would be nice.
Maybe then AP could be useful.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
12/20/2012 19:12:02   
branden80

as i said before.... i hate that some characters have the same animations, especially the ones who you pay soul gems foe, if your going to use the soul gems you bought with your own real money, you would expect the character to be special, but no, theres another character with either the same animations or the same cards
AQW  Post #: 28
12/29/2012 20:21:31   
Safiron

Founder Champion's Greater Heal card is too powerful that makes it impossible to defeat.
The card needs 5 energy and heals 10. Furthermore, Champion has 2 of these cards.
And this strategy makes it immortal: Keep these cards until you hurt enough to use, then use one or both to heal and keep stacking again.

My suggestion: Make the enery cost of the card as 7.

< Message edited by Safiron -- 12/29/2012 20:23:12 >
Post #: 29
12/29/2012 20:26:28   
Fallen Crest

It's actually not too powerful.

Let's look at similar cards. Ice Wall + Stone Wall. 6 charge, instant cast, for 10 shield. This card is not legendary-exclusive like Greater Heal, thus seen more throughout characters.

Because of the lack of unblockables, that are powerful, in-game, Shield usually means HP for most characters.

Oh, and Shields can go over the max HP amount, unlike Greater Heal.

Greater Heal is a powerful card because the hybrid-like build Champion offers supports it greatly.

Supports us much better than the inefficient regular "Heal". 3 charge for 3 heal? Regular shields are 3 charge for 5 Shield, and they go over max HP amount.

< Message edited by Fallen Crest -- 12/29/2012 20:41:46 >
AQW  Post #: 30
12/30/2012 7:26:46   
Safiron

Think this:
You have 2 Ice Walls in your hand and your opponent have 2 Greater Heals.
You used both Ice walls and your opponent used both Greater Heals. Now everybody have 5 enery.
You and you opponent draw new cards and got the same cards again. (2 Ice Walls + 2 Greater Heals). Now everybody have 10 enery.
You can cast only 1 more Ice Wall even if your opponent attacked you. Else... They are useless.
But your opponent can cast both again if his/her HP is still low. (instant cast)

And that makes the Founder Champion immortal. Greater Heal card is way too powerful than the Ice Wall.
(I didn't even mention about unblockables.)

< Message edited by Safiron -- 12/30/2012 7:28:42 >
Post #: 31
12/30/2012 9:28:57   
Fallen Crest

You can always keep the Ice Walls in hand until your Shield is down. They aren't useless?
And even if you have all your HP, you can use Ice Wall, unlike Greater Heal which is useless if you're at full health/close to full health.

Also, using "Perfect Scenarios", like drawing 2 Greater Heals per turn isn't a good representation on how powerful it is. All perfect scenarios are powerful, and deadly.

Oh, and if you take into account regular Shield cards for characters, Ice characters can easily put up 15-20 Shield every hand. (Barbarian for example)
Champions regular heals are almost always discarded because the cost-to-heal is inefficient compared to shields.
Face a Shatter-staking barbarian who only uses shatter, freeze and shields, and you'll see how long that battle takes.

Again, Shield = Health because there is a lack of unblockables in-game. Only Light characters, and Earth have decently good unblockables, even then, Blessed Strike is limited to 1.

Founder Champion is also not immortal. Healing 10 damage is not close to being immortal. Immortal = Chain stunning Ice characters pre-nerf.

< Message edited by Fallen Crest -- 12/30/2012 9:36:07 >
AQW  Post #: 32
12/31/2012 23:48:06   
lee12d

how about having the attack card separated into physical attack and magical attacks?
Post #: 33
1/9/2013 1:57:27   
BJEBLE

@above No, it wouldbe copying ED, and I like to have a uniqueness to each game. Then we would have to worry about two kinds of attacks, it just complicates the game needlessly.What we really need are Card Customization, Stats, and Artifacts.Possible guilds.
DF  Post #: 34
1/9/2013 17:18:33   
EpicCoconut

Founder champs aren't impossible to beat even when they have HP advantage -_- Of course it was very annoying when he kept healing but it was also annoying when I shield repeatedly xD Besides, what's the chance that they'll redraw BOTH greater healz?
Post #: 35
1/9/2013 17:43:17   
Labyth
Banned

well founder champion has is disadvantages specialy against other monster can fall in it category like barberian and revonthous(this are the only 2 character that have fought founder champion they won everytime in every one of the amtches i done against foudner champion but also this are the only characters that i used against them)

< Message edited by Labyth -- 1/9/2013 18:07:05 >
Post #: 36
1/9/2013 17:47:24   
EpicCoconut

@Labyth: We're talking about Founder Champion, not the knight. Only time I beated a Founder Champ (only one I fought) was with an Xmas Fiend. Of course he beated me 3 or 4 other times xD
Post #: 37
1/9/2013 18:07:35   
Labyth
Banned

Yeah sorry i got my stuff mispelled i meant champion i fixed it the part.
Post #: 38
1/28/2013 23:16:59   
Ryuyasha

I really think that with dual elements it should be programmed so that when you fully charge up one element (so that you can 5 energy every time) and then you goto charge up another one, it should either be you gain 5 of that element as well or you gain 1 of that but when you go back to charge the other one, you get 5 of that without having to be recharged. It's basically the solution to the problem with dual element characters (Taurus, Skexis, Revonthurkey).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
3/29/2013 19:19:07   
Parsec

you wont be facing many founder champions anyway, there cant be more than a few hundred, and when OS gets more popular, that will be nothing, and they are legendary. they deserve to be a bit OP.
Post #: 40
3/30/2013 3:31:13   
linklink0091

lol what did i just read XD, greater heal is not overpowered..it has the same mana to in game coutner ratio of posion, and burn which is 2, everyone's more disired card the 5-damage card has a mana ratio of 1.25, with al lthis being said you also have to consider founder champ's deck only has 3 cards that cost less then 5 mana...and in that deck of (i cant remember of the top of my head) 15-17 cards..that doesnt leave much room to do as much damage as you would think it would from just glanceing at the deck it's self....why?

cause lets look in to mana...at most you can gain 10 mana every two turns...and normaly thats how long it takes to draw new cards......which means founder champ at best can only use 3 cards every few turns....and 2 cards every turn at bare min

so when you accusse somening of being OP please consider the math and the other varables that go along with the macanics of the game in question

on a side note as some ppl see to be fixated on, founder champ can be defeated rather easily .-. while i, my self have killed at least 30 differnt founder champs and some of them over 10+ times each, while others i never saw again XD so ya you all should accuse somen of being overpowered without a party consenseis as well as a group understanding of all the math and variables :3

AQW  Post #: 41
3/30/2013 11:43:55   
megakyle777

So... with CC coming out next week, who wants to try and build some awesome hypothetical decks for each element? Maybe based around the theme of a char if you afre really bored?

DF  Post #: 42
6/19/2013 19:10:40   
DeathGuard

Weird, this has been bumped and I can't see Mritha's post.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 43
6/19/2013 19:19:23   
Mritha
Legendary AdventureGuide!

@Death, It was bumped to hopefully encourage more discussion on the topic. As for why there is no post... magic :P
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 44
6/19/2013 21:44:45   
ValkyrieKnight

Downplay the power of Freeze or Shatter please, these two combined is literally unbeatable on Ice Queen / Cosoma Titan or any ice character.
AQW Epic  Post #: 45
6/19/2013 22:16:57   
BJEBLE

I just realized that when Energy CC comes out, Surge is probably going to be either a 4, or 5 star card because it has no cost, so it can be implemented in all decks. It just puts Empower and Might to shame, Incinerate is on par with it though, which is why I'll add one Surge to my Pyre Witch.
DF  Post #: 46
6/19/2013 23:18:37   
ValkyrieKnight

@ Above

Does it matter? They're too many cards that don't need to be in Card Custom. There's a reason by default some characters only have 1 at max 2 of a specific card.

I'm not gonna disclose a name but with CCs I was able to beat a Legend MinoTaruos twice at a 4 level disadvantage with Goblin. I fear for this game when CCs are gone and new players try to play this game, it'll be unplayable.

< Message edited by ValkyrieKnight -- 6/19/2013 23:19:41 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 47
6/19/2013 23:36:36   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@valk The card packs will come back eventually. And like you said, more new players will join so they have a chance to fight other new players without CC as well.

@bjeble They didn't have Neutralize in the Neutral packs so it doesn't seem as likely for either Energy or Water to get their charge boosting cards either.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
6/20/2013 0:12:33   
Megadragonknight

@ValkryieKnight
Do not fear as I know Nulgath hate permanent rare. He will never let any of the characters/CC/items to go permanent rare with the exception of special events or occasions.
Post #: 49
6/20/2013 1:25:48   
BJEBLE

@ND Mallet I think the reason they didn't have Neutralize because it gave energy, Surge doesn't give energy, it just gives damage, so they are two differnet things. Surge falls in the category of Might and Empower, and they were in CC, so
DF  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Card Mechanics/Combos Discussion
Page 2 of 14«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition