Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF) Hero of Two Planes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) Hero of Two Planes
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/28/2012 3:53:57   
Dragonlord Blurok

Yeah so, this is my first fan-fiction. That I ever wrote. Ever. There's gonna be action, there's gonna be peril, and lots of randomness.
Discussion Thread here.

Chapter -1: Teh Prologue

An unrealistically long time ago, Badai, a Great Dragon of Energy made a horrible mistake. He had a child with a human woman. Their child was known as the Great Half-Dragon of Energy. He fought in many a war, and became a well known and revred hero. Otherwise, he was exactly the same, and lived as any other human. His bloodline became known for producing fantastically powerful Fulguramancers. An obscene amount of time passed, and their draconic blood became diluted to the point of non-existency, but they retained their command over lightning. At this point, they became known as the Energy Knights.

About 300 Years later (give or take 50):

A young woman trudged through the snow. In her arms, she gripped a newborn baby to her chest. The woman knew that she had to bring her son out to the reaches of some frozen highland in the middle of nowhere. Despite her guilt at bringing suck uncomfort to her child, and risking both their lives, she knew it was for the child's own good. An unknown force had been wiping out the Energy Knights for reasons I'm too lazy to come up with right now, and she knew they would be next. She had to hide her son away. As far as she knew, the woman and her child were the last living Energy Knights. Eventually, her exhaustion overcame her determination, and she collapsed into the frozen earth. Fearing that she would fail in her journey, and cost her son his life, she tried to get up, but failed miserably. A dark figure appeared in front of them, and the woman readied to defend her child in any way possible. But the figure walked inside the mother's line of sight and she sighed with relief. "Oh good. It's you Forkel." In front of her, stood none other than her child's father. "What the heck are you thinking?" Said Forkel "Why are you out here, with our son?" "N-no time to explain. N-no time." Said the woman. "Take the boy. Please." The mother said. After that her breathing grew shallow, and stopped altogether. "Farewell, my love." Said Forkel, his eyes filling with tears. He took their child, and wrapped it in his cape. Forkel made a silent vow, to keep their child as safe as possible. But even he did not know how valuable his son's blood was, and Forkel was only one Frost Elf.

< Message edited by Dragonlord Blurok -- 12/29/2012 4:23:31 >
DF AQW  Post #: 1
12/29/2012 3:46:38   
Dragonlord Blurok

Chapter 1: Adventure Beckons

Seventeen years later, Relictam opened his eyes. He felt the cool, glacial air, blowing across his face, and rousing him from his feet. Relictam was the child who was brought into the Frozen Heights by his father all those years ago. You know, last chapter, where his mom died? Frozen Heights was a little known Frost Elf village, and there was no place Relictam loved more. Mostly because he hadn't even been outside the city walls. Relictam's father. Forkel deemed the outside world too dangerous for Relictam, and made sure to keep him inside Frozen Heights. Relictam couldn't see why his father was so worried. Relictam was in his physical prime. He was in more then good shape, and was a courageous young man. Relictam got dressed and stepped outside his house, to see Forkel, already up and at work. "Hello Relictam. You're up early." Forkel said cheerfully. "Morning Dad." Relictam said. Relictam went for breakfast and found that the cupboard was filled with fish. "Really?" He said, looking at his dad. "You know what it's like up here." Forkel told his son "We can only afford ice, rocks and fish. Out of those three things, only two are edible, and we both know rocks taste horrible." Relictam restrained himself from scowling. If his father had let him outside the gates, they would have much more then fish and rocks. But he asked more then enough times to even bother trying to win his father over again. After breakfast Forkel told Relictam "Remember your new job starts at 8:00." Relictam groaned "I know Dad. But being a mail-carrier is boring. And besides- O_O Wait, last night I thought they said I started an 7:30!" Relictam ran out the door. "Bye Dad!"

Relictam walked through the village of Frozen Heights, the only place he ever called home. It looked like, well any other cheery village except all the buildings were made of snow. Children played in the streets, while the grown-up bustled about, eager to start their work and get paid. Relictam took in a deep breath of the fresh mountain air. He couldn't imagine any place more beautiful, then his beloved home town.

As Relictam entered the Post office a deep voice said "Hey. What're you doing here?" "I'm the new guy." Relictam said. "You know, the guy who brings people their mail?" The Post Manager gave Relictam a funny look "You do know yer shift doesn't start for half an hour, right?" "What!?" Relictam cried out, furious that he had gotten up so early for nothing. "Take it easy, take it easy. Coincidentally, we finished sorting the mail a while early, so you can start right away!" "Oh lovely." Relictam muttered. "Alright kid, it's this simple." The Manager was telling Relictam "These globes have the mail inside them, and the messages grow to full size when you break the glass. All you gotta do is run around, and throw the globes at doorsteps. It doesn't matter which ones you throw, because they're enchanted to bring the right mail for each address. Any questions?" Relictam asked the one thing that worried him most. "What happens if hit somebody, and they get hurt?" "Aeh, they probably won't press charges." Said the Manager "And even if they do, the worst sentence we've ever got was that the guy had to shave off his eyebrow, and do some yard work for the person he hit. Now get outta here!" He gave Relictam the bag, and shoved him out the door.

"This isn't so bad." Relictam thought as he ran by. It was actually pretty engaging. He saw each door as a dartboard, and each orb as a round, glass throwing knife. He didn't hit anybody, but he did get in a bit of trouble with an old lady, whom Relictam had accidentally smashed her potted plant. When he was done and walking home, Relictam noticed the path took him directly across the Village Gates. Relictam looked around, to check if anybody was watching him. "Hmm. Go outside the village, and worry everybody you know, or stay inside and keep your happy little life going on." Relictam muttered to himself. "What the heck kind of question is that!?" He shouted out loud, running outside.

The snowfields were better then he expected. He could run as far as he wanted, and could only stop when he got tired! (Except those bits were the slush got knee-deep.) He could look around, and see natural beauty, without people telling him to get a move on! Every time a traveler came to Frozen Heights, all Relictam heard them talk about was how miserable they were, and how much of a wasteland the mountain range is. They were insane in his eyes. Relictam couldn't remember feeling this alive in his life. But then again, he was half Frost Elf. Just then he remembered the Diamond Basilisk. It was easily hundreds of times bigger then nay other basilisk. It's cry was comparable to to bat with dentures made of stone and iron. And the laser beams from it's eyes could turn anything into the same organic crystal that it was made of. "It's not like they really exist. It's just a myth. A myth that has dozens of eyewitnesses, and that even the guards are scared of." Chuckling at the absurdity of it all, Relictam went to examine a strange looking glacier. It was a translucent blue-grey, a different shade then other ice. It hard, slick, and dry. "Magic." Relictam said. As he turned around, he felt the ground ruble, and a high-pitched wail. He turned around to take a second look at the hill. "By Kyanos." Relictam said. As he watched a massive eye open, Relictam's heart sped up, then skipped beat.

< Message edited by Dragonlord Blurok -- 1/2/2013 3:07:24 >
DF AQW  Post #: 2
1/1/2013 10:29:49   
Dragonlord Blurok

I wish I could've done a New Year themed story, but I got a whole lotta nothin' in that category.

Chapter 2: Majesty Personified (Kind of)

The Diamond Basilisk cried out, as it tore itself from the snow drift it was slumbering in. It was the most horrid sound evah, nigh impossible to describe, so I won't even bother trying. Relictam stood paralyzed with fear... Till the shriek of the Basilisk forced him to clasp his ears to head, and even that didn't drown out the fearful sound. The pain of it would've caused Relictam to scream out loud, if his jaw wasn't clenched with panic and terror. The Basilisk looked down at relictam, with it's beady eyes. It had been sleeping over a hundred years, and here was fresh meal right in front of it. The Diamond Basilisk's huge maw came down, and trapped poor Relictam like a cage. He managed to slip between it's teeth, and run away, shielding his ears all the while. The Basilisk roared and gave chase. The only clear thought that came to Relictam's mind after "SOMEBODY FIND ME SOME *censored* EARPLUGS!" was get away. Relictam only then realized that he had no idea how to get back to Frozen Heights. And that he was trudging threw knee-deep slush, with a big freaking Basilisk after him. With that kind of pressure, one could only expect him to trip, roll down a snow dune*, and be too terrified to get up. And that is exactly what happened. Relictam shut eyes tight, waiting for the end, and that's when it happened. A Dragon rose over the mountain, striking inspiration in Relictam's heart before he comprehended that he had two giant monsters to deal with. The Dragon was purple, with blue membranes on the wings. There was a stone club on the tail, the same color of the horns. The Dragon had a beard, made of a material similar to the feathers hanging from it's wings. Each flap of it's wings created a mighty gust, that kicked the snow up into mini-tornadoes. Relictam knew he was looking at a creature of true awe. The Dragon seemed not to notice him, and went straight for the Basilisk. On it's back sat a teenager about Relictam's age. This was no wild Dragon, but it was a Dragon from Dragonsgrasp. And riding it could only be a Dragonlord. The Dragon roared out a challenge to the Basilisk, which responded with it's own roar. Relictam was forced to ground, clutching the sides of his skull once again. But the Dragonlord stayed cool, and drew a dagger from his belt. The Dragon opened it's mouth, and out came a gust of wind, much stronger then those from it's wings. It was like a tornado, with razor-sharp leaves thrown in for good measure. The leaves swirled around the monstrous Basilisk, carving deep scratches in it's hide. The Dragonlord jumped off the Dragon's back, onto the Basilisk, and attacked the Basilisk himself. But the Basilisk would not go down without a fight. It's laser beams hot at the Dragon, but it gracefully flew up, out of the way. Then it came diving back like a falcon. But the Basilisk took the easy target, and shot the Dragon with a second, more deadly** blast. The scale that the Basilisk hit turned to crystal. The Dragonlord chuckled, than made a screeching sound exactly like that made by Dragon chicks***. Then he jumped off the Basilisk, as his Dragon brought down a massive claw on the Basilisk, crushing it into the ground. Relictam had a feeling the force of the impact did more damage then the Dragons razor-sharper claws. The battle was finished. Their foe defeated. The Dragon let out a victorious roar, as it shrank down to a cute, little chick. The Dragon went up to the Basilisk carcass, examined it and said "Aww, man I can't eat this! It's completely made of crystal, which is just a fancier form of rock, and rocks are just plain nasty." "What about rock candy?" Said the Dragonlord. "That doesn't count." The Dragon muttered. Now that he was on the ground, the Dragonlord was easier to look analyze. He was a few inches taller then Relictam, and even if he wasn't wearing iron boots. He had a well developed tan, and silver hair, in a San Horns style. before pointing out "Hey look a dude!" The Dragonlord ran over to Relictam. "Greetings, un-important villager. My name is-" Said the Dragonlord, taking a bow so low, he fell face first into the snow. "Sorry about that." Said the Dragonlord, blushing. 'He did that on purpose." Said the Dragon, flying over to them. "I told him it wasn't funny." "Actually, it was an accident this time." The Dragonlord told him. "Well in that case, it was hilarious." The Dragon replied. "Oh, shut up." Said the Dragonlord. "Anyways..." he said turning towards Relictam "I am Dragonlord Blurok, and this my Dragon, Saigren." "I am Saigren, Nature Dragon of Legendary Power, and this is my sidekick Blurok." The Dragon added. "I thought we were supposed to be equal partners." Blurok told Saigren. "My name's Relictam" Relictam said "Err, boring small-town boy. An you can speak English?" He added, looking at Saigren. "What's it sound like, genius?" Saigren replied. "Real charmer you've got there." Relictam told Blurok. But all Blurok said was "Whoa... where'd you get those ears?" "What?" Relictam asked, hoping he misheard Blurok. "Your ears. Those are the most realistic fake ears I've ever seen, where did you get them?" "You do realize I'm half Frost Elf right?" Relictam said. "Oh!. Oh, oh, well um, yeah..." Blurok said, seeking ways to de-awkwardfy the mood. "Wanna play Chaotic?" He asked, taking out a stack of cards. "This is A DragonFable fan-fiction remember?" Relictam told Blurok. "Oh, never mind." Blurok, said dejectededly. "I'll play." Saigren piped up. "I wasn't offering to play with you." Said Blurok. "And besides, you already know my strategy." Just then, that dead Basilisk that wasn't really dead got up again. It opened it's mouth, to let out it's terrible shriek. "NOT! AGAIN!" Relictam shouted, instinctively raising his arms. Then he shot a whooollle buch of lightning into the Diamond Basilisk's maw. It dropped dead. Like, really dead. No seriously. "What, did I just do?" Relictam asked himself, gazing at his hands. "What are you thinking?" He asked Blurok. "I think. That I'm going to teach you how to play Chaotic." Blurok replied.

*Snow: The sand of the frozen wastelands.
**Deadlier, but not completely deadly.
***Little known fact: the proper name for a baby dragon is a chick.

< Message edited by Dragonlord Blurok -- 1/8/2013 22:52:46 >
DF AQW  Post #: 3
1/13/2013 5:45:23   
Dragonlord Blurok

Alright Time for Chapter 3.

Chapter 3: A Quest Begins

Relictam stood before the strange duo. He could not think of anything that was less like a Dragonlord and his Dragon. They're relationship. Was comparable to sibling rivalry. "So, where do you live, anyways?" Dragonlord Blurok asked Relcitam. "I live in a village called Frozen Heights." Relictam answered, still a little weirded out "But I have no idea where it is." "Not to worry!" Blurok shouted with such self-confidence, Relictam jumped. "I have a Dragon, we can just fly around all day until we find your Frozen Heights." "Actually, it's the Dragon who has you." Saigren said "And I'm gonna be the one going around with you two fatties on my back." "How many times do I have to tell you, it's just bulk from the armor?" Blurok asked Saigren. "As many times as I have to ask you why you never take your armor off." Saigren replied. "Whatever, can we just find Frozen Heights now?" Relictam asked. "Well fine, be boring like that." Blurok said. "I don't like this guy." Saigren muttered. Draonlord Blurok's Dragon Amulet glowed, then shot a beam of pure white light at Saigren. Then he turned into the regal-looking beast I described in the last chapter. So then they flew around the frozen wastelands, Dragonlord Blurok being weird and explaining the rules of the Chaotic Trading Card Game to Relictam, Saigren throwing in his snide remarks, and Relictam not understanding anything that was going on around him.

Soon they got to Frozen Heights, and landed right in the middle of the street. There were many cries of "OH MY GOD!", "WHAT HAPPENED TO MY HOUSE!?" and similar. Then Forkel, ran in, grabbed Relictam by the ear, and dragged him over to their house. Blurok and Saigren followed them giggling. "Where have you been!" Forkel shouted at Relictam. "Yeah, where have you been?" Saigren said sarcastically. "Do you have any idea how worried I've been!?" Forkel continued. "Yeah, do you have any idea how worried he's been?" Saigren asked. "Alright dude, enough." Blurok said. "You sir, have some explaining to do." Forkel said, clearly paying no attention Blurok and Saigren. Relictam, sighed, and told the story that started in the last paragraph of Chapter 1, and ended just now. It was worth noting that Forkel's eye twitched non-stop the moment Relictam got to the Diamond Basilisk. "Okay, I just have one more question." Forkel said. "Who are these crazy people?" he asked, gesturing towards Blurok and Saigren. "Whoah, whoah, whoah!" Blurok told Forkel "For your information, I am insane." "Yeah, he's insane!" Saigren said. "I thought I told you to stop that." Blurok said. "I did, but I started it again." Saigen said, making the closest gesture to a shrug a Dragon could make. "Relcitam, you do realize your mother died, getting you to Frozen Height, right?" Forkel asked, after he had calmed down. Saigren started "Yeah, your mom died bringing you-" "SERIOUSLY BRO, SHUT UP!" Blurok yelled at Saigen. "You didn't have to be so mean." Saigren said. Then he stuck his head under the rug, and started crying. "Yeah, anyways... Why did Mom bring me here in the first place?" Relictam asked Forkel. "0_0 Well, you see, um, well..." "You seriously don't know?" Relctam sighed again. "I just have one more question. Remember when I shot all that lightning? How'd I do that? Frost Elves are supposed to be Elemenatlly aligned to Ice, lightning is not Ice!" "C'mon kid, how do you expect me to know all this?" Forkel said. "I might know." Blurok jumped in. "You know how I did the lightning thing?' Relcitam asked, excited. "No. But you didn't know for sure, until I told you." Relciatm rolled his eyes. "Anyways. Maybe I could go out, maybe find some answers, just a little bit..." No!" Shouted Forkel. "Absolutely not! Your mother risked her life for you, I will not have you risking her sacrifice over a little lightning!" Relcitam and Blurok gave each other sideways glances, then they simultaneously Falcon Punched Forkel in the face! Then Blurok went over to him, shaved off his right eyebrow, and glued it to his lip like a mustache.

"So, wanna go with me?" Relictam asked Blurok. "Probably." Blurok answered. "Let me go ask Saigren." Blurok walked over to Saigren, who was still crying under the rug. "Hey, man. Sorry I yelled at you like that." Saigren popped out of the rug, and immediately stopped crying. "Oh, cool'." Blurok said. "So anyways, we're going on a journey, wanna come?" Saigren looked at Blurok "You guys probably just want a flying beast of burden/transport, don't you?" "Pretty much." Relictam replied. There was no denying it. "That's pretty much what I do anyways, so I'm game!" Saigren said. "Wait, where did these come from?" Relictam picked up a pebble covered in green moss. "Oh, Nature Dragons cry those instead of tears." Saigren said. Relictam looked at pebble, then at Saigren. "Oh, these guys are tough." He said to himself.

< Message edited by Dragonlord Blurok -- 1/15/2013 6:03:37 >
DF AQW  Post #: 4
1/18/2013 2:01:11   
Dragonlord Blurok

Caution: This chapter is pure space-filler, and has no storyline importance. It is also complete and utter insanity, and may break your mind. Feel free to skip this chapter. Chapters of similar content will be marked with a

Chapter 4: What's going on?

It was dawn. Relictam, Dragonlord Blurok, and Saigren and all gotten out of the snowy part of the mountain range, and had set up camp eight hours ago. Just as he was getting up, Relictam found Blurok sitting cross-legged on a cliff, whispering these words: "It is nigh. Many will believe it is the end, but there are no ends, only transitions. For something to be born, another must end, but this the natural order of things. Do not fear the end of this world, for you will be reborn into a new one, that is pure and unsinful. Do not fear change..."

"Heya, Relictam!" Blurok said, getting up and spinning around to face Relictam. "What's up?" Relictam just stared at Blurok "What was all that about?" "What was all what about?" Blurok asked cheerfully. Just then, a ray of red light shone from Blurok's belt, and turned into Saigren. "Saigren! Quit letting yourself out of your Pokeball!" "But it's boring in there!" Saigren complained. "Okay, you guys are freaking me out." Relictam said, taking a step back. "Alright you got me." Blurok said. "I've really been in my tent the whole time." The illusion of Blurok disappeared, and the real Blurok climbed out of his tent. "Whoa, whoa. First you were there, and now- now you're there!" Relictam said. "Um, no he's been in his tent, crazy-person." Saigren responded. "You... You are the crazy-" Relictam started, but was interrupted by Dragonlord Blurok who said, "Saigren's right, I've been in my tent. I think you need to get to sleep." Saigen gasped and said "A pineapple tree!" Unintentionally doing the sparkly eye technique. "Aw, score!" Blurok, exclaimed, running towards the tree, with Saigren flying after him. "When did that get there!?" Relcitam asked. WHen they got to the tree Blurok said "Lets take as many as we can carry!" But Drakath, came in with that tornado thing he got from the Wind Orb. "Hold it! I am king of the land, and I am taking this tree, and all it's pineapples!" Drakth's tornado touched down, and picked up the tree filled with delicious pineapples. "But why do you want our tree?" Saigren asked, pebbles falling from his eyes. "Because I suck like that!" As Drakath flew off, he didn't notice dropping a pineapple on the cliff. "At least we have one. Let's ration it." Blurok eant to pick up the pineapple, but it grew it started growing in size, and also developed windows, and a door. A starnge creature opened the door. He was shaped like a yellow rectangle, with buck teeth, blue eyes, and lots of holes in his head. "Hello friends!" He said in idiotically friendly voice. "It's Spongebob Squarepants!" Blurok exclaimed. "Hey, the new episodes suck, give up already!" Saigren shouted. "Say, why does it feel so dry?" "Well, the air is pretty thin up in the mountains." Blurok told Spongebob. "Wait, this is above water?" Spongebob ran inside screaming, and came back with his water helmet. "Now, do you know which way to Bikini Bottom?" "Probably not." Saigren said walking away. "Wait! You guys gotta help me!" Spongebob exclaimed. "Then maybe your show shouldn't be so terrible." Blurok said. Then, they all started packing. Everyone except Spongebob, who was running in circles with a ridiculous expression on his face. Then Blurok hopped titanized Saigren, and then he and Relictam climbed on Saigren's back. "Thanks for the help Gary." Blurok said. "Mow." Was Gary's response. Then Gary, dragged Spongebob back to their pineapple, and a bright light shone, and when it cleared, the pineapple house was gone. With nothing left to see, Saigren took off. As they were flying, Relictam's only thought was "What did I just witness?"
DF AQW  Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) Hero of Two Planes
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition