Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Guild Ideas/Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Guild Ideas/Discussion
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/4/2013 6:43:01   
Blackshock

well I imagined that guilds could exist outside of factions but would work similar to how AQW currently does it. A faction's one whole big side you belong in and the guild's the personal group you and your friends belong in. Both could be independent of each other.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 26
1/4/2013 6:46:21   
Mondez

Would it make it more beneficial to have them align to an element because you could have the guild rack up favor points to their specific faction which would be a terrific plus to the system and of
course there would be an independent faction if the guild chooses to not join an elemental faction and also have an option to defect their element faction.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 1/4/2013 6:48:02 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
1/4/2013 6:50:49   
Blackshock

Hmm, would make sense. Guild actions influencing faction standings for alignment's sake. Maybe even have the guilds do quest for a faction, giving initiative for alignment.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 28
1/4/2013 7:03:14   
SMGS

quote:

If this is implemented, I hope that the guilds are not created by players, but rather given to deserving players to head. Would be a nice reward for those that help out in the forums or the wikis.

It's a unique concept to have but I think it's really way too limiting in terms of who actually gets the privilege to create guilds. In perspective, many generally come here to play games and have an escape from their daily lives. People would rather devote their time to entertaining themselves by playing the game.

I know how hard it is first hand due to being an ArchKnight in 8 forums around 2 games and handling 2 Wikis for the same 2 games. Regularly devoting time (and actually learning how to edit) the wiki, or taking the time to regularly check the forums for people who do need help does kill a lot of time and takes a ton of initiative and dedication on the part of the player.

Partially a good thing in the sense that you have to work (in a different way, as opposed to grinding credits, for example, to create a faction) to get the privilege to manage a guild, which I know is what you're getting at.

An issue here is that people would inevitably stop contributing to the community once they hit the requirements to create a guild.

And lastly, a dev would have to devote a huge chunk of time just to figure out who's qualified to create a guild and who isn't, which just eats up a ton of time otherwise spent developing the game.
Post #: 29
1/4/2013 7:09:52   
drinde

Requirements to create a guild? I believe if a person dedicated this much to a community, they wouldn't quit because they got a reward. Also, I didn't mean they could create a guild. Only the game developers can add/remove guilds, that they would award leadership to a deserving player. The leadership could be revoked if it was determined that the player was only contributing to gain the guild.

Still, your points are valid. The time requirements on the developer's part is kind of a hard thing to solve x3
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 30
1/4/2013 7:32:30   
Basicball

I'll write down my vision on Guilds later today, but let me tell you now, that I am personally going to make a Guild (not join on; make one). and Anyone who is active should join, so we can rule the Overworld! Muahahahaha

(if you want to join; reply here, or pm me)

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
1/4/2013 8:11:42   
TitanDragonLord

I would love to see OS take on guilds. I'd like to see the guild I'm in now in OS because it would add to the MMO experience.
quote:

If this is implemented, I hope that the guilds are not created by players, but rather given to deserving players to head. Would be a nice reward for those that help out in the forums or the wikis.

Personally, I think this is a bad idea. It would take far too long for someone to look through all of the forums and wikis to see who contributes a lot. Also, it would put a restriction on people who want to make a guild but can't because they don't know how to edit a wiki properly, or don't spend a lot of time on the forums.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 32
1/4/2013 8:19:47   
SMGS

@drinde - I think that's a good point... they won't stop contributing because of their dedication to the community. But there are people who do it just to get the reward, the next day you'll never see them again. As a Wiki Admin on ED, I've seen this first hand with Lore Master. It's easy to see who's actually there because they really have that drive to help, and who's there for the sole purpose of earning something. And to be blunt, those who do it for the sake of the reward actually end up failing in contributing and end up leaving eventually.

Unfortunately, it wouldn't be a perfect system if it were to be implemented, since there will inevitably be people who get the opportunity to run a guild yet stop contributing to the community once they get said opportunity. I won't cancel out the fact that it will bring more awareness about the Wiki and get contributors to participate there or join discussions and be helpful in the forums/in-game.

I also wanted to add that I understood that only game devs could tamper with adding and removing guilds, I probably worded it incorrectly.
Post #: 33
1/4/2013 12:29:14   
Survivor217

Honestly... there are no features currently in-game that justify having guilds in OverSoul. There are no group/party features; there are no quest chains or dungeons or team PvP or factions or, well, any of the practical reasons to join a guild. Don't get me wrong - I love guilds as much as the next person because of the way they can bring the community together, but I think some other features (such as the ones I just listed) should be prioritized first.

< Message edited by Survivor217 -- 1/4/2013 12:36:10 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
1/4/2013 12:29:46   
Mondez

@drinde
If it would be fair, then how about creating a big requirement in-game like having a certain amount of gold to spend and creating quests for guild creation.

By taking Black Shocks idea of elemental factions, we can implement a quest system in the faction and of course a quest line for independent guilds as well. Example:

Shadow (Elemental Faction)
- 50,000 gold payment (start the quest line)
- Explore dungeon and acquire a relic.
- Fight a boss that would require you to party with a friend or player.
- etc.
- etc.
- Fight leader of the elemental faction.

Usually with these types of requirements would deter some players on guild creation since the amount of time it would probably take to create a guild, but it would be an effective way for everyone that really wants to create their own guild.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
1/4/2013 17:38:32   
EpicCoconut

Wouldn't having elemental guilds become pointless eventully? We can posses any (well most) chars and therefore can join multiple elemental guilds. So I can't say I support elemental guilds but I do like the idea of guild wars. It'll give more depth and stategy to OS imo. Of course it'll be while before guilds/guild wars can be open.
Post #: 36
1/4/2013 17:53:43   
Mondez

Well the point of an elemental guild is not affected towards the type of characters that you have, but have a faction type of thing like in ED. Each faction would have powerful leaders such as Nulgath of shadow, Artix of light, and etc.

Plus in guild wars, if they are aligned to a faction then they gain points for the faction and of course I would like to add a ranking for the element faction for those that contribute to the faction. If you played AQW classic and take a look how the elemental faction over there worked then a storyline can be implemented.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
1/4/2013 20:34:43   
Survivor217

quote:

If this is implemented, I hope that the guilds are not created by players, but rather given to deserving players to head.

Just went back to read the other posts in this thread, and I have to say... this notion offends me as a gamer. What are trying to do? Turn the devs into a fascist regime? What even makes a player "deserving"? Are you saying that the players in this community are not responsible enough to create their own guilds? I mean c'mon! Taking that much power and freedom away from the player base and putting it in the hands of a small group of mods/devs is a terrible design model... and not just because that's time and resources better spent elsewhere.

Have we, as a community, really sunk so low? :(

< Message edited by Survivor217 -- 1/4/2013 20:36:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
1/4/2013 21:16:53   
Zanzibaarus

I reserve the Order of Skexis for all Skexis-based players!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
1/4/2013 22:06:46   
almanac01

I reserve The Adepts.

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 40
1/4/2013 22:08:08   
Mondez

I won't tell mine since someone would be bound to take it. :3
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
1/4/2013 22:13:12   
Zanzibaarus

I'll hunt down any scum that steals the name before me!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
1/4/2013 22:41:23   
drinde

quote:

Just went back to read the other posts in this thread, and I have to say... this notion offends me as a gamer. What are trying to do? Turn the devs into a fascist regime? What even makes a player "deserving"? Are you saying that the players in this community are not responsible enough to create their own guilds? I mean c'mon! Taking that much power and freedom away from the player base and putting it in the hands of a small group of mods/devs is a terrible design model...

I never meant to offend anyone, the idea wasn't supposed to imply that the normal players were not responsible enough for their own guilds, but to reward and encourage people to be more helpful in and out of the game. Also, in my mind, if there was a limited number of guilds, the developers would be able to keep track of them, allowing the guilds to be actively involved and influence the possible future's story-line.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 43
1/4/2013 23:21:41   
Survivor217

@drinde - I see... but that's what factions are for. (Btw, I was mostly being snarky - I guess that didn't translate well into internetz speak XD)

< Message edited by Survivor217 -- 1/4/2013 23:25:08 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
1/5/2013 0:02:32   
Blackshock

Like stated before, I believe trying to integrate factions and guilds as two separate things in game could solve the issue. Factions are those which impact the story, give rewards and points for faction dedication and stuff, guilds could be what friends could use to group up with each other. Just because you belong in a multi-elemental guild doesn't mean you can't pledge allegiance to an elemental faction.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 45
1/5/2013 0:30:06   
almanac01

@Blackshock: If guilds & factions are added would you like to be in mine?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 46
1/5/2013 0:35:18   
Blackshock

It would be an honor.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 47
1/5/2013 8:42:12   
Char

I reserve the name Mischief ( if that is how you spell it)

To join you would have to have broken the game at least once
Post #: 48
1/5/2013 8:49:07   
Mondez

Well if we reserving names now then I guess I can reserve mine:

Kingdom of the Void
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
1/5/2013 8:57:25   
jayk the pikachu

Since everyone is reserving names....
I Reserve...
Cult Of Revontheus
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Guild Ideas/Discussion
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition