Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Guild Ideas/Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Guild Ideas/Discussion
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/6/2013 4:10:42   
caseybp

I don't thing guilds are worth implementing honestly. The nature of the game would make guilds more of a useless gimmick than a worthwhile feature. Due mainly to the fact its card game based strategy doesn't allow for multi-player combat. Now even if being in a guild generates guild points in order to purchase characters only obtainable with a guild, it wouldn't be reason enough to join the guild. Guild on Guild combat would also be impossible unless it was a tournament style conflict. once again attributed to the current one on one combat system. also anything pertaining to social interaction would go no further than a multi-person chat room.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
1/6/2013 11:06:15   
EpicCoconut

^Guilds don't have to be a huge part of the game. Secondly, Nulgath can make the guild system like that of ED. ED also has a 2v2 team combat as well.
However, I think it might be a while until guilds are implanted, much less GuildvsGuild wars.
Post #: 52
1/6/2013 11:30:33   
Char

could be unnoficial guilds/clans
Post #: 53
1/6/2013 22:13:24   
Labyth
Banned

YES REVONTURKEY(i finally got it and now i can join the forum,this is foff topic towards this post but what follors is)

Guilds would be a nice implement to the game considering the elements that exist in the game.

I would have to say to implement guilds their would have to be purpose .

wich i do see a purpose since their are elements or certain species and preferance that people have for example some like revonthous(me) or like dark type creatures(me) this can help make differance that way we aren't all grouped to be the same and we can be in contact with people who share our interest.

Also to implement guilds their would have to exist rewards for being part of the guilds(so i think)

so what i came up with AE could design an area that is the same throught like blank field map that can only be accesiable to the guild.Guilds most participate in events or wars or finding certain things or doing quest to gain a sort of currancy (wich i will call fame or creadits).They can buy things for the blank map like areas and design this blank map like they wished it(i saw this somewhere but i cannot remember but it isn't the same(i remember like sandbox)) for example buy mountain(grass) that mountain would be in the blank map and since only the members can access this blank map(wich i will call property and will be name after the guild)then the members would be able to acces monsters in that area(literly is worth nothing since most of the time u can just goto map and look for the map urself,....but in the other hand is cool to say we bought a mountain and bootomless pit and it will be just like implementing the aqw house system u use money to buy things wich have no purpose but decorate or buying skins to go over ur amor cause u think is cool and u like the show)then it will be nice that in guild wars it would be 2 maps against each other and u fight like each other in the maps like u can see ur enemy ur 1 color and they are another color and when u contact each other u begin to fight.(not sure if explain myself but i will try to draw picture later for this post and updated but it wil be like ur blank map contacnted with ur enemy map and it will be like capture the flag u must make it to the other side and beat the leader to win and it will be fun mutiple player pvp althought they will all be 1v1 matches u can see each other and choose who to fight and u can move around and dodge enemies and streategies can comeinto place by the differance in elements and player characters(i misspelled so muchz)

this is what i mean it was poorly made in a rush of 1 minute if it doesn;t work plz tell me

if that doesn;t work then try this link Still poorly made but this blue thing is the link

< Message edited by Labyth -- 1/6/2013 22:31:13 >
Post #: 54
1/6/2013 22:24:30   
EpicCoconut

Sounds more like a faction which is what black shock suggested. I personally don't think guilds should be limited to elements.
@Black Shock: Elemental factions run by a NPC and then seperate guilds? I kinda like that.
Post #: 55
1/6/2013 22:32:51   
Labyth
Banned

but yes like i was saying an example i really like clubs cause they are all unique even thought most are sports they aren't call sport club they are eaither called soccer clubs baseball club or stuff like that.
Post #: 56
1/6/2013 23:30:50   
Wind

I think a guild system would be great for this game as it is PvP based. Using EpicDuel as a reference, if OS would turn into a ranking game then having guilds/ clans/ factions would definitely boost friendships and teamwork in-game. It would also greatly increase interaction among random players fighting each other, rather than just fighting against NPCs in PvE battles.

Guild bonuses would also look nice, such as having title's, leaderboards, weapons bonuses and customizable clan colours would be sweet too.
I would love this idea to be added into OS, as it would definitely make the game more popular, as well as making it more competitive .

~Wind

< Message edited by Wind -- 1/6/2013 23:31:19 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 57
1/7/2013 10:57:39   
Vagaran

@Wind

Considering OSwill have leaderboards and the likes in the future, there will mostlikely be Rankings, so I say YES for a Guild!
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 58
1/7/2013 13:56:26   
strexze

make founder guild and i will join haha

AQW Epic  Post #: 59
1/7/2013 18:54:40   
Dannish
Banned

As I've read through, slightly, I have seen things with it to affect the storyline.
Maybe have the top 3 factions or guilds, or clans have a war to take supremacy of that place. But that would go into what they want there.
Still, top 3 of dem things. Almost infinite possibilities.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
1/7/2013 20:57:14   
kise2

I really like Blackshock and Labyths idea.
AQW Epic  Post #: 61
1/7/2013 21:47:44   
Labyth
Banned

Thank you but i am just working off in games i seen or player before like in paper mario when u touch an enemy taht moving around ur match begins that same characteristic if possible could be use in Guild wars between players and at the same time u could view everyone who participating like their cute avatar we all had when we join map but with a different color under us to tell each other apart.
Post #: 62
1/8/2013 6:28:53   
Herody

Hmm, i think it would be good if there is a guild but i also want to see what are the purposes of creating a guild. (Especially if there is a guild war or something)
Post #: 63
1/8/2013 7:27:42   
allenwalker888

Judging from the original released trailer/video by nulgath, it would be cool when guilds get together to take down bosses, switching around chars xD...(Not to mention dual teammate fights getting more xp and stuff)
AQW Epic  Post #: 64
1/8/2013 16:46:20   
Labyth
Banned

Yeah but my only question is when working with team how will that work out(i really hopping to see some paper mario action)
Post #: 65
1/8/2013 18:33:20   
Blackshock

probably take alternating turns like ED or something.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 66
1/8/2013 21:32:14   
Labyth
Banned

well not sure how ED works out but i hope that whatever they place it involves the participation of the full guild and seperate multiple battles at once not people taking turns althought that could be works out seperatly i believe like another form of pvp just like Herosmash has.
Post #: 67
1/8/2013 22:22:53   
EpicCoconut

We take turns when we play 1v1 so that's probably how team battles work.
Post #: 68
1/10/2013 21:05:04   
Tally

Guilds sound fun, but for later on when there are more features like quests that can benefit from actually having guildmates.

< Message edited by Balu -- 1/16/2013 4:52:46 >
DF MQ  Post #: 69
1/10/2013 21:11:35   
EpicCoconut

@Above: Agreed.

What I like about guilds though is the potential for guild wars (more PvPing!), but it'll be awhile before that reaches OS.
Post #: 70
1/10/2013 21:47:06   
Labyth
Banned

is all true but i think if we keep this topic active people might just understand how much the players of HS do actaully agree with them intergrating guild and they might do it faster then they would if they thought we didn't find it important.
Post #: 71
1/16/2013 5:00:14   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

I have deleted a few posts that were offtopic. Please remember the topic of this thread and post accordingly! Thank you! ~Balu OS ArchKnight
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
1/16/2013 17:37:12   
Slayer Hades

Didn't really bother to lurk this thread, so if I'm repeating something, feel free to delete it.

I'd like to see Guilds in terms of types of characters. Like Nulgath's various creations-- the Voids, the Fiends, the Overfiends, etc.. The alternatives would be something like "Good humans", "bad humans", "beasts", and so on. That way it's a lot more specialized. The longer you stay in a Guild/the more you win for the Guild/etc., the more bonuses you get, with the top bonus being an evolution to the character you're using for that guild. Oh, and for when Card Customizations come, each Guild will have certain principles for card customization, i.e. healing, offense, unblockable, defense, tank, etc..
Thanks for reading, if anyone's still in here.

< Message edited by Slayer Hades -- 1/16/2013 17:38:06 >
Post #: 73
1/16/2013 21:22:46   
Deleted User
[Deleted by Admins]
  Post #: 74
1/18/2013 7:05:25   
zentrix321

could be better when CLAN WAR. we should be atlist 6 players playing 3 v.s 3
so.. example CLAN NAME option

-Voids-(DEPENDS on the CLAN MASTER color of the clan name)
zentrix321
-founder-

Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Guild Ideas/Discussion
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition