Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= "Army in the Shadows!" Contest Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> =AQ= "Army in the Shadows!" Contest Discussion
Page 1 of 812345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/9/2013 21:31:03   
Lord Barrius

Check out the contest Design Notes post here!

Post your contest entry here!

Please keep discussion all about the contest. You're welcome to discuss each other's entries and whatnot, just keep the focus on the contest itself. You're welcome to discuss the future release in the AQGD if you'd like and speculate there, but this thread must focus entirely on the contest.
Post #: 1
1/9/2013 23:35:17   
UnderSoul

So, if you win first place in one category and second in another, that's a grand prize of 10,500 Z-Tokens and TWO items in-game. Wow.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/10/2013 2:16:33   
ss2195
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Well, Entree submitted!! Hopefully at least one of the items makes it in-game!!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 3
1/10/2013 2:43:51   
Rafiq von den Vielen

Shiny. I'm in, just gotta remotely balance the idea I have in mind.

Good luck to all!

Edit: Entry up.

< Message edited by Rafiq von den Vielen -- 1/10/2013 3:43:49 >
Post #: 4
1/10/2013 3:58:16   
Keeper of the Owls

Can we edit our posts multiple times or will we get disqualified?
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/10/2013 6:10:50   
Rafiq von den Vielen

KotO: The contest rules don't say anything about editing your post, so I think you should be okay.
Post #: 6
1/10/2013 6:15:49   
Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ Pedia / OOC / L&L

Does the "Ultimon-storyline" include the quests ElBhe gives out?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 7
1/10/2013 6:51:38   
ss2195
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

^I think its only Ultimon and his fortress related quests! I could be wrong though
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 8
1/10/2013 10:03:50   
Affinity

Lost in Vanity Faire AQ Q&A

My entry isn't quite as creative as the rest, but that doesn't stop me! I really love how creative you guys were in your entries, but only a few can win. Best of luck to everyone!
AQ  Post #: 9
1/10/2013 17:37:12   
Lord Barrius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keeper of the Owls

Can we edit our posts multiple times or will we get disqualified?
No rule against it, but I'll warn you that I tend to start looking over entries early so that it doesn't take fifty billion years to judge.

Meaning if you change something, I may not see it because I've already read and judged your entry. So you may want to get any corrections finished as quickly as possible after posting your entry to ensure that I read the best possible entry you can provide.
Post #: 10
1/10/2013 17:40:34   
Aura Knight

Just finished and submitted my entry. Not really expecting to win or anything, but at least I tried. Good luck to everyone and may the best entries win.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 11
1/10/2013 18:17:10   
battlesiege15

Set my entry up here. It ended up being a bit too long because of the explanation for the armor's effect and all the notes on the appearance and animation... Sorry bout that :/

I don't know if my armor is feasible to create though because it just seems to complex... oh well. I had fun making it. A bit time consuming but oh well haha.

Good luck to all! I've already seen some fantastic entries. I really like "Reflected Shadow" by Fornever. So nifty.

Shad-O-Lantern looks terrifying but I like terrifying. Great job Keeper!

Shrouded Wild just sounds terrifying to fight... All those effects :O
AQ AQW  Post #: 12
1/10/2013 20:15:40   
stratuscone

can't wait for the winners guys! you have pretty amazing suggestions!
AQ DF  Post #: 13
1/10/2013 20:58:36   
Keeper of the Owls

@Barrius

Ah I see. Thanks for the heads-up. Can't wait to see who wins this one.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
1/10/2013 23:31:35   
battlemaster25

Just posted my entry.

I don't think I have much of a chance of winning, but I thought I'd give it a try. Regardless, I'm looking forward to the results.
AQ  Post #: 15
1/10/2013 23:56:57   
Mordred

Posted my entry. However, I've stumbled upon a problem; I can't for the life of me figure out a balanced way to apply the self-damage effect.

So, the monster deals 10% extra damage on each hit(a *1.1 modifier). He's a tank, so he assumes a 75% hit rate against the player. He's meant to take self-damage in harm every time he misses, something like *[(hits missed/hits attempted)*modifier] of a standard attack. I have no idea what that modifier should be. He assumes to miss 25% of the time, so I have no idea how much damage he should take if he doesn't land a hit in that turn. It needs to balance out with the *1.1 modifier he gets(bumping his average damage to 82.5% instead of the normal 75%).

Similarly, I have a problem with the weapon. You can get the Shogun's katana, which has the same self-damage buff effect for the player. It assumes a 90% hit rate because it has a +5 BtH lean. So,it misses 10% of the time for a pure build. When I've tried to balance it out, logically, the unknown modifier in the self-damage equation should be higher than the Shogun's, because you miss less often than he does. Yet all my attempts have made the modifier lower than his. Plus, it's meant to be an MC bonus, so really, it should be like the weapon has a 5% damage bonus, with the self-damage covering for the other 5%.I have no idea what to do, because I'm not inventive when it comes to math.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
1/11/2013 4:14:43   
Fornever

Edited my post after a discussion with my brother.
Don't know how serious the release is actually supposed to be, but here's your P3/P4 spoof. :P
Well, at least I had fun thinking about it.

And on that note, I love everyone's ideas; they're all so creative. I especially love looking through the monster suggestions.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
1/11/2013 4:20:16   
Daimyo Daimyo

Hmm. There will be references.

I've got the general gist of it down. I'm not going to finalize anything until near the due-date. I rather not reveal what cards I'm playing til then.
MQ  Post #: 18
1/11/2013 9:30:40   
Flamey123

This is my first time in any contest, and you guys are tough competition :D

Loved some of your entries and I've posted mine !

Good luck fellas !

@battlesiege : Thanks :)

< Message edited by Flamey123 -- 1/13/2013 7:26:26 >
AQ  Post #: 19
1/11/2013 11:13:06   
battlemaster25

Ooh, nice pun with the "Shah Dove".

< Message edited by battlemaster25 -- 1/11/2013 11:14:59 >
AQ  Post #: 20
1/11/2013 11:35:45   
Nulgathfiendx23

Guys do u know how to send ur pic in? Cause im new.
AQW  Post #: 21
1/11/2013 12:39:24   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Made my entry. Definitely better than my last Shadow Monster entry in one of these contests.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
1/11/2013 16:02:15   
Daimyo Daimyo

Hmm. Spent a good 20 minutes skimming through the entries. Are you the only one looking over this, Lord Barrius? Must be rough for your eyes; having to look through all these walls of text. Also, does the monster have to be a shadow-version of an existing monster or not? Also, do I have to create my own interpretation? I remember someone providing a link to some anime/manga character. Can I do that also? Eh, I feel a bit silly after asking all these questions.

quote:

@battlesiege15
Level: 150
Power Level: 153, Mastercraft
Price: 96,820,666 Gold (1.1* for MC... 2* for compression)
...That's a bit too much, don't you think? That would dent even the wallet of the richest of players.
quote:

@Rafiq von den Vielen
Graphical details: Imagine Meduso with a Leprechaun's upper body and wearing a Leprechaun tophat, everything shadowed and slightly twisted. Also carries one of those bows.
Somehow, shadow leprechauns don't surprise me. I do feel you missed a perfect opportunity for a little pun.
quote:

@Aura Knight
A giant leprechaun that has been tainted by the Shadow Universe. This monster has the shape of a leprechaun, but is colored all black. Its eyes are glowing green. It has a green four-leaf clover on its chest.
Another leprechaun. Also disappointed at missed chance just like the above.
quote:

@Fornever
If the monster fails: 'Your foe denies its true self.'
If the monster succeeds: 'Your foe has accepted its true self.'
Took a closer look after you mentioned P3/P4. Well, nice to know that other people have similar interests with me.
quote:

@The ND Mallet Guy
Monster Name: Shadow Moose
Description: "Moose are one of the rarest, and most powerful, species of Lore. This one is a shadow of its true self, but it's still just as powerful. Prepare to meet your Moosey Fate!"
Are moose somewhat like deer? I think I prefer deers more. Deerys are pretty sinister-looking. But, I'm not going to make a shadow deery. :P
MQ  Post #: 23
1/11/2013 17:08:44   
battlesiege15

Well... The price isn't up to me to decide anyways.

And now that I look back on it... I think it's supposed to be half. I think having a skill built in is what makes the price double... My bad .___.
AQ AQW  Post #: 24
1/11/2013 19:14:07   
Mordred

@ND: I love how you handled the Invader Zim references! ^^
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> =AQ= "Army in the Shadows!" Contest Discussion
Page 1 of 812345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition