Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= "Army in the Shadows!" Contest Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> RE: =AQ= "Army in the Shadows!" Contest Discussion
Page 4 of 8«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/18/2013 16:32:22   
UnderSoul

Hey GE, glad to see you! I'm seeing more and more great suggestions, making me kind of nervous. Also, I just realized that Lord Areswe's drawing of my Shadowsteel spear bears a striking resemblance to an earlier eclipse-based suggestion I drew months ago. Must be a good omen, right?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 76
1/18/2013 17:41:38   
Avalonmerlin

If LB reads this and has already checked mine, just letting him know that I have added art and stuff.
AQ  Post #: 77
1/18/2013 18:31:06   
Tha Killa

Edited mine with a reward, best of luck to all of you (and some feedback would be appreciated )!!!!!!!!!
AQ  Post #: 78
1/19/2013 22:45:26   
Lord Areswe

^I like the effect but would highly recommend getting some physical description or concept art in
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 79
1/20/2013 9:34:07   
Tha Killa

^Thanks! Yeah I know I should but I just haven't got any ideas and I've browsing the Internet to give one. If simply I was good at art
AQ  Post #: 80
1/20/2013 11:54:44   
Necromencer

Just posted my rewards entry. Tidying up my monster entry as well.

Also just realized this is the perfect place to do a Black Butler reference. Might make one of those too.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 81
1/20/2013 12:22:07   
Lord Barrius

Just to note since some have asked: "AQ User Account" means your character name. I, nor any other staffer, would ever ask for your account log-in information.

I'll be editing to clarify.

EDIT: Also I'm gonna start reviewing the entries today, so if you have any last-minute corrections, time to get them in. Remember, the contest ends Wednesday so as not to interfere with this week's release.

< Message edited by Lord Barrius -- 1/20/2013 12:23:48 >
Post #: 82
1/20/2013 13:13:30   
ArchMagus Orodalf

Thanks for the clarification, Lord Barrius. :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 83
1/20/2013 14:09:44   
battlesiege15

I edited my suggestion... Hopefully you haven't looked at mine yet LB D:

So I basically changed my monster's second attack that deals both light and darkness damage AND heals its MP after it runs out of MP. Made it into a glass cannon with flat resistances so it's more of a CEB. It also has Sila's Staff that it uses to make it's spells more powerful... If players can use it, why not monsters? :P

As for my armor, I basically made the ranged version attack into a 2 hitter instead of a one hit and changed the forms of Shadows depending on the attacks. I made them into more ferocious and terrifying monsters.
Melee --> Either the Shadow version of the Raydius Dragon or a Shadow Hydra [inaccurate]
Ranged --> A Shadow Dragon that uses its breath attack every time [accurate]
Magic --> A Shadow Jotun Shevite [inaccurate] (Couldn't think of any other strong spell casters atm. Oh well. Jotun Shevites are quite terrifying if you find them in the wrong set up so it works xD)

< Message edited by battlesiege15 -- 1/20/2013 14:10:24 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 84
1/20/2013 14:27:35   
RedEyedDrake

Posted my reward entry. *Dexter voice* My greatest reference has been completed!
AQ  Post #: 85
1/20/2013 14:55:26   
Razen

Well, there's my Monster Entry. Decided to not make my own art for it. This Shadow Lich has a Harm-damage HP and MP Drain Skill, a Light or Darkness Seeking Spell, and then regenerates MP on his basic attack. Be a-fred...be very a-fred.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 86
1/20/2013 16:16:04   
battlesiege15

Wow new suggestions are pretty awesome. I like Calm Wind's. It's slightly very creepy looking though
AQ AQW  Post #: 87
1/20/2013 16:29:39   
Tha Killa

Wow these last few are amazing!!!
Added an appearance for my reward.

May the best win!
AQ  Post #: 88
1/20/2013 18:17:09   
Lord Areswe

My guesses for winners based on current events and not pertaining to my own as are follows.
Monster contest
1st place; Necromecer's Penumbral Puppeteer. Let me guess. Rage quitting stun-lock? Yup. incredibly dangerous,twisted, and warped denizen of the shadow realm? Most likely. ....bring it on.
2nd place; Balu's Chrysaor Martichora. again VERY scary design My only question being if this is a shadow manticore. then where is its lorian counterpart?
3rd place; Trainz_7's Thanatos. A highly intriguing concept as well as one that it would be very easy to write a story around. easy too see as a big boss monster

Item contest
1st place; poopbum's (excuse me while I giggle immaturely in a corner) Ambiant assailant. a unique effect to be sure. creative? check overpowered ability? check. gimmie pleazles.
2nd place; GRDN's Umbral Melancholy. we need more darkness weapons AND fun, interesting melee weapons, Umbral Melancholy fortunately fits all three pretty well (although my wallets going to hurt heavily after this one)
3rd place;Lumenous the Unmoving's Shad-o-nomicon. great puns pretty balanced and a amazingly entertaining entry. who doesn't want Cthulhu as a guest? I especially like the multi-turn summoning idea. wait are we sure this guy isn't Artix in disguise?

I also would not be surprised at all if Dwelling Dragonlord's Shadow fangirl got added in a later joke quest

These are just opinions of an objective insider and are a way for me too pass the time and vent unbridaled excitement. plus I LOOOOOOOOOVE ranking things :3
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 89
1/20/2013 18:48:28   
Daimyo Daimyo

Well, I'm all drained of creative juices after all that... A few days remain but I think I've satisfied with what I've done. The finished idea is nothing alike the original at all. Anyway, here's my entry if you want to have a gander.
MQ  Post #: 90
1/20/2013 21:24:22   
Necromencer

^I was just waiting for someone to do a 50 shades of gray joke.

You sir win an internet.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 91
1/20/2013 22:05:02   
whackybeanz
Times Silent Keeper

Best of luck everyone! I should go take a look at everyone's entries soon to see what sort of creative ideas people have come up with...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 92
1/20/2013 22:33:47   
Lord Areswe

^what he said. plus ninjas
*Le evil chuckle* goodness was that me? who am I?
The contest hasn't ended yet and the suspence is killing me!
(well no it isn't, it's just lightly throttling me so I'm cool for a couple of days)
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 93
1/20/2013 23:30:44   
Daimyo Daimyo

@WhackyBeanz
Shadow of the Colossus from the game, huh? I thought about doing that but I didn't. I probably wouldn't have done it justice like you have.

< Message edited by Daimyo Daimyo -- 1/20/2013 23:31:04 >
MQ  Post #: 94
1/20/2013 23:38:12   
UnderSoul

quote:

My guesses for winners based on current events and not pertaining to my own as are follows.
Monster contest
1st place; Necromecer's Penumbral Puppeteer. Let me guess. Rage quitting stun-lock? Yup. incredibly dangerous,twisted, and warped denizen of the shadow realm? Most likely. ....bring it on.
2nd place; Balu's Chrysaor Martichora. again VERY scary design My only question being if this is a shadow manticore. then where is its lorian counterpart?
3rd place; Trainz_7's Thanatos. A highly intriguing concept as well as one that it would be very easy to write a story around. easy too see as a big boss monster

Item contest
1st place; poopbum's (excuse me while I giggle immaturely in a corner) Ambiant assailant. a unique effect to be sure. creative? check overpowered ability? check. gimmie pleazles.
2nd place; GRDN's Umbral Melancholy. we need more darkness weapons AND fun, interesting melee weapons, Umbral Melancholy fortunately fits all three pretty well (although my wallets going to hurt heavily after this one)
3rd place;Lumenous the Unmoving's Shad-o-nomicon. great puns pretty balanced and a amazingly entertaining entry. who doesn't want Cthulhu as a guest? I especially like the multi-turn summoning idea. wait are we sure this guy isn't Artix in disguise?

I also would not be surprised at all if Dwelling Dragonlord's Shadow fangirl got added in a later joke quest

These are just opinions of an objective insider and are a way for me too pass the time and vent unbridaled excitement. plus I LOOOOOOOOOVE ranking things :3

That's your final answer?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 95
1/21/2013 2:30:10   
whackybeanz
Times Silent Keeper

quote:

@WhackyBeanz
Shadow of the Colossus from the game, huh? I thought about doing that but I didn't. I probably wouldn't have done it justice like you have.
That's right! It was the first thing that came to mind when I thought of Shadow, so I was a tad surprised no one posted anything about it yet (so I pounced on the chance :P)

I tried to squeeze loads of things into the monster/armor entry, though, so it gets pretty complicated... It's all for the fun though :D Made me go through multiple resources to get to the entries you see there!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 96
1/21/2013 5:22:02   
GRDN

^Funny thing. I was actually about to name my creature "Colossus" until I thought: "Hey I don't know a tad bit about dat thing apart from it being colossal and with tons of endurance". A few things that led me to choose something else was:
1) Colossus would be a little too general. General as it could be anything, a giant humanoid, robot, animal etc.
2) I found some bit of inspiration coming from my Legendary Bynor Duel Masters card which I got years ago. It looked so cool and it's subrace: Leviathan.
3) I searched some pictures of Leviathans online. They came in all shapes and sizes, but confined to serpents/cetaceans, sea-dwellers! I love sea dwellers!
4) Like most players, I don't particularly like Tank monsters.

Awesome suggestion though!

Took a look at Balu's Chrysaor Martichora. Scary thing with a horrific Attack #3. It's cool but it's rather disturbing...(I'm fine by being killed by a weird circle thingy but being eaten alive by that savage manticore would certainly leave nightmares in James Viollus' heart...

@Lord Areswe. Many thanks! You're awesome yourself, look at all your implemented Shadow suggestions!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 97
1/21/2013 5:48:43   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

Haven`t had the chance to read through all the entries (planning too) but holy wasabi, so many awesome suggestions. These type of contests are so cool, because everyone really steps up and delivers some amazing ideas!

quote:

Balu's Chrysaor Martichora. again VERY scary design My only question being if this is a shadow manticore. then where is its lorian counterpart?

Not encountered yet!

Good luck to everyone who posted an entry! And good luck to LB on deciding on the winners. Methinks it will be a tough job to do.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 98
1/21/2013 8:26:03   
Jayy

sd

< Message edited by Jayy -- 1/21/2013 13:07:06 >
AQ  Post #: 99
1/21/2013 12:57:31   
Lord Areswe

@undersoul Not my final guess, just my favorites for the contest when I wrote that post.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> RE: =AQ= "Army in the Shadows!" Contest Discussion
Page 4 of 8«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition