Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= A Harsh Master - January 14, 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= A Harsh Master - January 14, 2013
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/14/2013 20:45:55   
l Chop Suey l

quote:

January 14, 2013
A Harsh Master

Sometimes Flash treats you right. It's intuitive, smooth, and responsive. Other times, it's a terrible force of nature that could care less about what YOU wanted to do. You want to move that a few keyframes in this movie clip? How about I delete those keyframes AND corrupt the file?

If you've followed any AE Devs on Twitter for any amount of time, you would have seen at least one rant about working in Flash. Crashes, slow performance, and the worst -- irreversible file corruption -- are par for the course with regular Flash usage.

This may seem like a ranty post, and it is, but in addition to blowing off a little steam I also wanted to impart some wisdom on aspiring developers: There's always a way. When whatever platform you're developing for decides it wants to be your worst enemy and devours hours of precious work time, you have two options -- three if you count tossing your computer through a window. You can quit. You can let software win and go do something else with your time that's less stressful. OR you can be a warrior. You can stare at that blank screen or flickering error message and rush right into battle with even more determination than before.

In any long endeavor, you will be tested. Obstacles will emerge to test your resolve and tempt you to take an easier path, but you must fight on! You can get angry, but channel that anger into productive energy to recoup your lost time and produce an even better product that you would have the first time around. Learn from your mistakes and account for the unexpected. These are all key bits of knowledge that will help you persevere when the outlook is most bleak.

Ah! I see that Flash has finally decided to let me open my movie clip. Thank you Flash! And thank you players, for letting me rant a bit, for Flash cares not for the troubles of mere mortals and will only stare coldly at my pleas for mercy.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more!

Tags: Titan

Tagged and formatted. Please don't tag your own threads, as that is only for AKs/Mods to mark threads official. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 1/14/2013 20:57:17 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/14/2013 20:47:21   
King FrostLich

Flash update again?
Epic  Post #: 2
1/14/2013 21:16:21   
One Winged Angel1357

Well I wonder how much work NW lost because Flash wanted to be Flash. But good use a daily DN everything so far seemed to be on the up and up it is good for us to get a dash of the bad so we know what things can go wrong and slow development.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/14/2013 21:22:27   
TRizZzCENTRINO

aww poor nighty, i hope is is alright and not choosing option 3 XD
and if anyone uses flash, they will know that it takes more than 5 hours just to do a simple weapon with great shading on it of course, for nightwraith the things he create on flash is detailed and epic.
its great that another DN came to feed the hungry players :P
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/14/2013 21:28:29   
One Winged Angel1357

It isn't just flash that is time consuming. Digital painting(oh how I hate you digital painting) and a detailed vector image are also massive time hogs. But on the other side of the coin hand drawing and normal painting are also time hogs.

In short good art takes a lot of time that is why I only make so so art
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/14/2013 21:34:14   
ED Prince of Shadows

I was kind of hoping for something about Omega, but if you guys like it, then who am I to complain.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/14/2013 21:53:43   
l Chop Suey l

thx Nightwraith I will remember that when I become a future tech support programmer even though Flash causes a lot of problems in the simulation I will break that barrier by finding the smallest solution and turning it around.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/14/2013 22:17:13   
veneeria

Long story short to that design notes:
Control +S ! Control +S ! Control +S ! Control +S ! Control +S ! Control +S ! and more Control+S !

The picture is related lol.

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
1/14/2013 22:25:36   
Rayman
Banned

Just saying..... It was titan who posted that.
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
1/14/2013 22:32:36   
Stabilis

Anyone notice the Gamma Bot in the background?
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
1/14/2013 23:06:34   
SouL Prisoner

So r v having another DN ?? That's says something about the game ..

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
1/14/2013 23:15:49   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above lol this is something about the game XD just because it is boring to you that doesn't mean its not game related. nightwraith's flash work=ingame art
and the answer to your question is:
quote:

Questions about "When will _____ happen?" "When is _____ coming out?" "What is going to happen next !?" "Is _____ going to ________?" "Why isn't _____ in the game?" and the like - don't ask. Most of the time, we do NOT know. The latest updates can normally be found in the EpicDuel Design Notes, the New Release Information thread, and on the Wiki Release Log.

i think we will have another during this week.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
1/14/2013 23:21:44   
D.v.D.

Sometimes, in desperation ,I use flash to escape the enemy ,to get through an obstacle, but sometimes, flash, terribly, does not flash me far enough.

anyways, I like the amount of gamma bot knuckles at bot of the pic.
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
1/14/2013 23:39:54   
Xendran

Professional developer
Not constantly backing up files to second drive

what

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/14/2013 23:41:23 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 14
1/15/2013 0:11:35   
kaiseryeux21

seriously, are we getting alot of these DNs for the next couple of days?? facepalm..
DF Epic  Post #: 15
1/15/2013 0:16:22   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

^ Yup.

but still nothing about the compensation. The only thing we all want to know....
Epic  Post #: 16
1/15/2013 0:19:58   
SouL Prisoner

Lol ... Agreed with xendran, even I keep backup for my useless stuffs :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
1/15/2013 0:59:08   
Renegade Reaper

all of you players begged for DNS, now they you have them, you are complaining again.
its seriously exhausting. imagine how the devs feel, overworked and stressed out, and
having to listen to all of you complain like you are doing. your answers will come at:
READY O'CLOCK!!!!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
1/15/2013 1:01:44   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above yup completely agree, i feel that the devs will have more peace if they don't release any DNs till omega arrives.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
1/15/2013 1:13:15   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

I didnt asked for DNs, i asked for info about the tournament and the compensation.
If they gave those 2 the first 2 days, then they didnt had to write more DNs since then everybody would be satisfied.

And trizz, i agree with you that they should not give more DNs, since i dont care about anything else then the compensation.

< Message edited by Blitzex/Sr. Zeph -- 1/15/2013 1:14:07 >
Epic  Post #: 20
1/15/2013 1:47:34   
SouL Prisoner

@zeph

Maybe they haven't decided yet about the compensation ...

Maybe if they till now, players might abuse the system or if it does not happen, players might get angry ..
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
1/15/2013 3:01:46   
Unknown Menace

And that's why i can hate flash sometimes, but we always make it up after every fight. It is also the reason why i tought my unconscious senses to press ctrl+s every 5 minutes automatically to avoid major work losses.

< Message edited by Unknown Menace -- 1/15/2013 3:05:03 >
Epic  Post #: 22
1/15/2013 5:50:44   
KEzAx

quote:

all of you players begged for DNS, now they you have them, you are complaining again.
its seriously exhausting. imagine how the devs feel, overworked and stressed out, and
having to listen to all of you complain like you are doing. your answers will come at:
READY O'CLOCK!!!!

we want something from the game
Epic  Post #: 23
1/15/2013 6:38:51   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above this is something from the game, can't you see the gammabot arm madness?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
1/15/2013 7:28:10   
DestruRaGe

Cmon, hours of work lost? So how about making another copy of a file that you already saved? So when the one youre
wroking on corrupt, you'll not gonna lost all your work, just last moves, cause you had another older copy?
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= A Harsh Master - January 14, 2013
Page 1 of 41234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition