Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= A Harsh Master - January 14, 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= A Harsh Master - January 14, 2013
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/15/2013 8:08:14   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above doesn't matter, it has been recovered, its hilarious really, i mean how often do you see nightwraith to this XD.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
1/15/2013 11:07:06   
Calogero

lol Seems you are never to old to learn to back up files...
I mean I'm not even in that branch and I do back ups the moment I got something to work with that needs to be edited or something

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
1/15/2013 11:28:13   
  Charfade

For those of you asking about compensation for enhancements, unfortunately we can not inform you of this until closer to the release. And I'm talking after all the new features are tested. I'm sorry if this is a constant disappointment to you but its not something were able to say at the current time. A lot of factors play into this. More importantly its so we make sure its something worth while and fair. If we announce anything now, test it, and its sub par, we wouldn't want to release it and have it be disappointing. So until the testers get a hold of it, give us there feed back, your not going to hear any announcements about compensation for enhancements. Figured I would shed some light as to why we've not mentioned it in any of the current DN's.

< Message edited by Charfade -- 1/15/2013 11:30:37 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 28
1/15/2013 11:37:14   
Xendran

I'm going to be encouraging a varium refund even for people who paid for enhancements credits, as a compensation for some of the things that have been going on with massive pay2win in gamma and delta (war cannons, massive stat gap, equipment abilities, absurd credit pricing on enhancements, etc).
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 29
1/15/2013 12:50:07   
SouL Prisoner

@ Charfade , I understand, y u can't tell the compensation, their is a change players might take a wrong advantage of it .. if the compensation is wat m thinking, then it can easily be taken for granted, like if you what i mean ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
1/15/2013 12:53:33   
Drianx

At least we know that, when they will start speaking about compensation, then the release date is close.
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
1/15/2013 13:00:50   
Angels Holocaust

An achievement or bike will more than do for compensation.
Post #: 32
1/15/2013 13:11:30   
Mother1

@ angel

and how would that be fair compensation for those who spend real money on enhancements?
Epic  Post #: 33
1/15/2013 13:42:31   
Xendran

quote:

I'm sure this opinion is based on your studies in video game design and marketing, and i'm sure you've taken classes that involve studying sales figures of multiple companies based on their actions that effect public relations.
Yeah, if they give an achievment or a bike, ED will crash and burn due to a massive hit to PR (which is already very bad with ED, part of the reason the playerbase hasn't grown since the start of gamma.)
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 34
1/15/2013 14:27:57   
Calogero

quote:

If you are trying to use the Warkills Excuse again it won't work...
The point of Warkills was to get Easy Influence and a War Kill Cheevo...
so removing that doesn't remove the intended effects of the War Kills seeing you still
have the Influence and cheevo.

Stats on the otherhand will be removed which removes the point of having them in game at all...
the goal of stats wasn't to get a cheevo or influence, it was to make your weapons better.

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
1/15/2013 15:46:27   
Drianx

quote:

So a junior who bought a single enhancement point for a single weapon and a guy who has 20+ fully enhanced varium items should get the same achievement or bike.

*trollface* Sounds fair.

< Message edited by Drianx -- 1/15/2013 15:47:14 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
1/15/2013 15:50:28   
Lycan.

Angels is probably saying that because she quits this game because NPC doesnt count as wins.
Epic  Post #: 37
1/15/2013 18:11:35   
Angels Holocaust

quote:

I'm sure this opinion is based on your studies in video game design and marketing, and i'm sure you've taken classes that involve studying sales figures of multiple companies based on their actions that effect public relations.
Yeah, if they give an achievment or a bike, ED will crash and burn due to a massive hit to PR (which is already very bad with ED, part of the reason the playerbase hasn't grown since the start of gamma.)

You know me too well, I have indeed taken dozens of marketing and video game design classes. This game will never die, they said the game would die in gamma and delta. Look how wrong they are, ED is still here and stronger than ever. Sacrifice needs to be made for progress.
Post #: 38
1/15/2013 19:13:26   
xGreen Warriorx

I think the compensation for the enh will be at least partially either credits or var, because even thought I agree with Angels that the game won't die even if just a cheevo or bike is given out, the devs understand fairness better than that and they also realize what the majority of the people on the forums want (which is a money refund).
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
1/15/2013 21:22:11   
TRizZzCENTRINO

quote:

^LOL XD
seems like you are not looking ahead, bringing more players is their intention for omega, it doesn't matter if they are varium payers or just normal players, more players means more fun.
its already a great thing that the devs chose to give us compensations, they don't even need to, they stated clearly in the terms and conditions about it, they can change the things ingame in which ever way they think that will make it more interesting for the majority, so i suppose not much people read the terms and conditions page before they decided to pay.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
1/15/2013 22:20:34   
Xendran

quote:

You know me too well, I have indeed taken dozens of marketing and video game design classes. This game will never die, they said the game would die in gamma and delta. Look how wrong they are, ED is still here and stronger than ever. Sacrifice needs to be made for progress.

If the first part of your statement is true, the latter part of it would not exist. The balance ideas and way you think this game should be run are not indicative of somebody who has taken a course. Let alone "dozens" (You took dozens of the same university/college course....? so thats a minimum of 24 years. Right.)

@Trizz: It does matter if they are varium players, because every new player comes with a bandwidth cost. One of the biggest things coming in omega will be more reasonable varium prices, and increasing the amount of impulse-buys. ED has been constantly losing waves of players, slowly regaining it back, then losing another wave, slowly regaining it back, etc.

The ED devs do not have the luxury of not providing compensation if they expect to not take a very large hit in varium sales.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/15/2013 22:21:42 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 41
1/15/2013 22:55:10   
SouL Prisoner

To me Angels post sounds nothing less than a troll ..

1st she says give 50k worth rating cheevo and now a bike ?? Right noe atleast 80% of ed players has a bike ..
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
1/15/2013 22:59:25   
Angels Holocaust

@ SOuL Prisnor

What about an Omega Bike? If ED were to give out refunds who would buy varium for the first 3 months of the game? The game would lose even more revenues on Omega release.
Post #: 43
1/15/2013 23:21:15   
SouL Prisoner

Not asking for 10k varium .. plus its not a gift u noe .. v paid money for the varium v bought for enhancements ..
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
1/15/2013 23:22:53   
Xendran

quote:

If ED were to give out refunds who would buy varium for the first 3 months of the game?

A lot of people, because they don't feel like they were stolen from, meaning they're willing to continue paying for the game.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 45
1/15/2013 23:31:08   
SouL Prisoner

Don't 4 get about the new players .. they will continue buying ..
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
1/15/2013 23:53:43   
Giras Wolfe

quote:

A lot of people, because they don't feel like they were stolen from, meaning they're willing to continue paying for the game.

Yes. Emphatically yes. A varium refund for our enhancements should be assumed. Its just common sense to recompensate us for a feature some of us have sunk hundreds of dollars into if it's getting scrapped entirely. That's not unfair. Of course they shouldn't be 100% refunded because of the use we've got out of them, but still at least the % you get for reselling an old varium weapon.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
1/15/2013 23:54:01   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@xendran no one starts the game buying 10k varium, they need to test the game first, more players means more profit, omega is going to bring in lots of people, most support the game solely for advantage but in omega people pay to keep their favorite game up, epicduel is not gonna die when a minority of paying players are dissatisfied with the removal of enhancements without refund, just because they didn't read the T&C before paying and want to always win, now tell me, why is AQW still the most popular AE game when there is no power advantage in it? many want full refunds, but if they chose to give us compensations, we should be happy about it, a cool bike would be a great compensation since in omega bikes are no different to weapons, you can put any kind of weapon on and still fight like nothing happened. losing players is bad but if they don't make this change eventually epicduel is gonna die, i would rather lose a few and gain lots.

there is alot of possible ways for them to compensate us without it involving with varium refund, compensations with skill cores, bike, zooka, sidearm or a mutating weapon, its better to get a item or lots of items depending on how much you spent on enhancements than to just get varium.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 1/16/2013 0:03:48 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
1/15/2013 23:58:43   
Angels Holocaust

quote:

You keep rambling on about customer service and how if ED does not issue a refund they will go bankrupt. The people who were screwed over because of war cannons are still here playing. The people who have stuck with this game through thick and thin will continue to pay no matter what! ED receives 700 daily players each day. If Omega is as good as it's hyped up to be, they can easily replace the 300 players that they lost.
Post #: 49
1/16/2013 0:06:37   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above yup, i spent more than 10k varium on that, but when it was removed, most got over it except some, they did not give refunds and compensations for it, but lookie here, im still paying and playing :P

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 1/16/2013 0:10:14 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= A Harsh Master - January 14, 2013
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition