Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Enhancement Compensation!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Enhancement Compensation!
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/16/2013 4:35:38   
SouL Prisoner

Well, i don't have to say that many players have prob with varium refund, so here i am suggesting something else, and if they r ok with it, then so is me ...

- A cool looking Armor, Sidearm(phy and Energy) Aux(Phy and Energy) and Bot. (This pack will only be given to the players who had/had enhanced more than 15 slots in total. it could be 8 from aux, 9 from gun etc)

- Players with less than 15 enhancement gets an achievement worth 2.5k rating and a Bot. (The achievement will also be available to the players with 15 and above enhanced slots)

If you feel its too much or too less, go ahead and suggest :)

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/16/2013 4:58:40   
Xendran

quote:

many players have prob with varium refund

A grand total of around 3 is not "many".
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 2
1/16/2013 5:04:29   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

Not supported.
Someone with only 15 enchancements will receive the same as someone with more then 100 enchancements...
Totally not fair. Refund is better, with % based. Not a 100% refund though.
Epic  Post #: 3
1/16/2013 5:07:39   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

A grand total of around 3 is not "many".

what do u mean??? c
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/16/2013 5:09:05   
Xendran

There are maybe 2 or 3 people on the forums that are against this refund, they just happen to be trying to make a lot of commotion about it. They do not represent the thousands of other players.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 5
1/16/2013 5:11:30   
Drianx

It's an extremely bad suggestion.
Not the items themselves are bad, but splitting people who spent vastly different amounts of varium only into a higher and a lower class.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/16/2013 6:27:43   
SouL Prisoner

^What? you wanna give all this items to the players who hardly enhanced for 500 varium??

Ok, how about "All these items + 3k varium"?? for the players with 20 slots, and for 50 slots and above All items and 7k varium?? too much?? or still less?

15-20 slots get all this items + 1.5k varium.

quote:

There are maybe 2 or 3 people on the forums that are against this refund, they just happen to be trying to make a lot of commotion about it. They do not represent the thousands of other players.

Yup, its quiet true :/

< Message edited by SOuL Prisnor -- 1/16/2013 6:29:02 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/16/2013 6:31:19   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

No numbers, only %.
Thats the most fair way for everyone.
But looking at charfades post, it will be something else then a refund.
She said it needs to be tested, but a refund cant test a refund. So there may not even be a refund.
Epic  Post #: 8
1/16/2013 6:56:42   
Xendran

Actually, a refund would need to be tested, because it's most likely going to be based on a threshold, in which you will get skill cores under a certain threshold of enhancements and a refund for the extra points. They also have to make sure to keep track of the fact that enhancement points do not all cost the same amount, so they have to make sure that the method of detecting and calculating the value of enhancements works flawlessly.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/16/2013 6:57:19 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 9
1/16/2013 10:46:43   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

^ They already keep track of all the enchancements if its credits/varium and even how much.
They know exactly what and how much we enchanced.

So they only need a simple % based calculation and poof, done.
Example=
38 enchancements in total.
(10 Infernal (1700 var)
10 bionic battlegear (1700 var)
9 azreals (1450 var)
9 dages (1450 var) only examples
Total costs = 6300 varium
Everyone gets 50% of their spended varium.

Refund= 3150 varium.
That easy

Epic  Post #: 10
1/16/2013 12:56:50   
ReinXI

it better not be skill cores... I could care less about skill cores since odds are out of X number you get your only going to use X amount of them if any. So it would make more sense to just give us varium to use on what we want whether it be skill cores, new weapons, upgrades to lower level weapons, hairstyles and more.
Epic  Post #: 11
1/16/2013 13:14:56   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

Although I highly doubt we will get a refund, if we do, then I hope it's % based as Blitzex/Sr. Zeph stated but for both Varium and Credit enhancements. I've spent nearly half a million Credits and over 15,000 Varium on enhancements alone for one character. Some of the enhanced items have been sold though, but it would still make a nice payday. :)

If I'm not mistaken, the fact that items already enhanced will be cheaper to upgrade in Omega may be the "compensation" the staff mentioned. If so, then all of these speculations are irrelevant.
Epic  Post #: 12
1/16/2013 13:48:34   
Xendran

quote:

I could care less about skill cores since odds are out of X number you get your only going to use X amount of them if any.

If you do not use skill cores, you will have a negative win ratio.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 13
1/16/2013 15:39:39   
xGreen Warriorx

My ideal compensation would be something like this:
A half refund of all credits/var spent.
A free skill core for all weapons(/armor? Are armors going to have cores?) with more than 5 enh.

The only problem I have with SOul Prisnor's refund is, like others have said, it isn't directly based on how much you spent on the enhancements.
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
1/16/2013 17:13:51   
Stabilis

No matter how or why, the compensation is proportional to the amount spent on enhancements, so the compensation will be equivocal to game currency even if in the form of inventory items.
AQ Epic  Post #: 15
1/16/2013 17:36:32   
ED Prince of Shadows

Honestly, they need to give the options to either get certain rewards or get a full refund. They MUST give the option of a full refund if they want people to be happy, because otherwise they may be getting something they didn't pay for. Just because there is something you want doesn't mean it's something everyone else would want.
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
1/16/2013 22:28:18   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above full refund? you kidding me? i have spent over 20k varium on enhancements, giving a full refund would totally ruin their income, some say that giving a player a full refund would motivate them to buy more, but no it is not gonna happen, unless they are a wasteful person who have more than 10 class changes a day.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
1/16/2013 22:40:39   
LatinLover/Martini

If I were to have been compensated all the varium I spent on enhancements, I would have 20k varium by now :X
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
1/16/2013 22:42:04   
Nub Apocalypse

A full refund most likely wouldn't motivate someone to buy more, but not giving a full refund is a darn large incentive for players to quit. We're all humans, and as a human, when I find an extra 40k varium in my inventory, i'm not going to be saving it or anything, i'd probably spend over 10k on the first day, and be finished with my supply within a week. Then, after careful prediction and tracking, when the devs know that we are low on varium, they will release new items and skill cores, and we will have to buy varium again. A full refund would lower their income, but only momentarily (and insignificantly), within a month or so they'd be earning all over again. The difference in a game is that it uses a virtual currency, which is unlimited, you cannot compare it to refunding real life goods which most of you have been doing whether subconsciously or not. Personally, i'm fine as long as the refund is anything above 70%, but I will be somewhat disappointed without a full refund.
Post #: 19
1/16/2013 22:43:48   
SouL Prisoner

@ trizz
Lol , is it a prob if u get ur 20k back ?? If u want, u can ask them to transfer it to my acc :P

< Message edited by SOuL Prisnor -- 1/16/2013 22:45:29 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
1/16/2013 22:45:52   
Blaze The Aion Ender

I actually wouldn't mind this...
As long as the gear is cool looking
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
1/16/2013 23:01:09   
SouL Prisoner

Hmmm finally some one who supports this :D

In omega its all About looks, so ya the items has to be cool .
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
1/16/2013 23:14:45   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@soul nah, i would rather give it to a nicer person who deserves it :P

i would support a compensation consisting of cool looking items, just not supporting a full refund or any refund thats above 30%
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
1/16/2013 23:22:12   
SouL Prisoner

:O

I'm not so bad xD

Anyways, my idea is pretty good for the players against varium refund ..
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
1/16/2013 23:27:43   
Scyze

A simple respond, no. This will benefit a lot of people who don't have a good gear. An Achievement worth accordingly to how many slots you have enhanced would be better. Seriously, it will not be good as it is favoring a certain person.

All I think of this is "greed".
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Enhancement Compensation!
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition