Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Heading in the right direction with cores

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Heading in the right direction with cores
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/20/2013 2:57:51   
Xendran

Was poking around the dev's twitter and found this:
quote:

Random fun thing you didn't know. Many previously passive abilities will become active abilities in Omega. FrostBite is one of many..

This is a very good thing, as it gives players more control over their abilities instead of making them pure luck. This also makes frostbite weapons more useable than what they were looking like before.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
1/20/2013 3:17:59   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

I dont see this is a very good thing actually.
People bought that armor for its ability and made it rare.
And now they will become active?
What if someone does not want it as a active ability?

I hope it will be optional.
Epic  Post #: 2
1/20/2013 3:25:38   
Xendran

Just because a player wants something doesn't make it good for the game.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
1/20/2013 3:27:17   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

quote:

Just because a player wants something doesn't make it good for the game

Neither does it when a dev want it.

They also make mistakes, this can be one of them if they dont make it optional.
Epic  Post #: 4
1/20/2013 4:10:44   
Remorse

THIS IS AMAZING NEWS!!

Not only does this say to me that core balance will be much better then it is currently, but it also says that the devs have realized making luck enhancing cores are not a good idea.

THANK YOU DEVS!

This is the type of thing I would like to know in the design notes, as well as things like can we see our opponents cores in battle that they have equipped.

@ above,

It was a horrible mistake releasing cores that added to unfair random luck.

If it is optional it will defeat the purpose of changing them which is for the good of the game.

If you cant see that then well...

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/20/2013 4:12:14 >
Epic  Post #: 5
1/20/2013 4:14:14   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above seems like you hate luck.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/20/2013 4:17:10   
Remorse

^ What I dislike is the direction of strategy being destroyed by random luck.

Blocks deflects, crits are random yes, but they can be managed and accounted for.

Skill cores luck effects only ruin strategy and hence ruin what I enjoy most about the game ( Or at least what I used to like most about the game)

And that was fun strategic battles where thinking paid off, rather then losing to players who just try to quick kill you to multiple skill core luck effects.

Luck has saved me in battles, yes!
I completely understand its need but as soon as luck is totally random and game breaking, strategy is thrown completely out the door and the game goes to a childish PvP when anyone can win effortlessly.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/20/2013 4:21:25 >
Epic  Post #: 7
1/20/2013 4:19:24   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

quote:

It was a horrible mistake releasing cores that added to unfair random luck.

If it is optional it will defeat the purpose of changing them which is for the good of the game.

If you cant see that then well...

It might defeat the purpose of changing, but it is unfair to the people who bought it for that very reason.

I look at the buyers perspective, you in the other hand only look to your own advantage
Epic  Post #: 8
1/20/2013 4:25:01   
Remorse

^
Im not only looking for my own advantage,

I believe im striving for an epic duel which we all knew and loved similar to times back in beta.

And I believe random luck is one of many problems increasing the gap from now and beta time.

Beta wasn't perfect, but it gave me a taste of what this game could be like.

You shouldn't accuse me of being selfish when my intentions is to do what I think will make the majority happy.

Plus people who buy things by now should realize that things will be changed, especially if they are balance breaking.

Plus changing it from a passive to an active is far more useful in my opinion.

It means these skills can be incorporated in strategy when they are needed not whenever at the disadvantage of straetgy destroying.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/20/2013 4:28:54 >
Epic  Post #: 9
1/20/2013 4:29:22   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

quote:

And I believe random luck is one of many problems increasing the gap from now and beta time.

If there was no ''random luck'' all the strength builds would destroy anything in its path.

quote:

I believe im striving for an epic duel which we all knew and loved similar to times back in beta.

lemme refer you to your own sentence:
quote:

by now should realise that things will be changed

quote:

Plus changing it from a passive to an active is far more useful in my opinion.

Plus they now need to sacrifice a turn to active it.

Same as Frenzy and Blood lust.
Frenzy is active and gives more but which is better, bl or frenzy?

< Message edited by Blitzex/Sr. Zeph -- 1/20/2013 4:32:06 >
Epic  Post #: 10
1/20/2013 5:11:20   
Remorse

^ When I say random luck Im referring to luck which chance is not effected by outside factors nor can not be avoided.

Blocks can be avoided by not striking for example.

Plus your passive example is completely inaccurate.

This would be batter,

Shadow arts passive, or a skill that allowed you to block a specific turn.

One encourages strategy the other just adds to luck

I realize arguing with you is completely pointless because we both have conflicting opinions so, why not agree to disagree and leave it at that.
Epic  Post #: 11
1/20/2013 5:47:51   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

IMO I do not believe in luck ;D.
Epic  Post #: 12
1/20/2013 6:40:23   
arthropleura

Massive strike becomes an active constant alternative to strike and does a block able hit that ignores 65% armor xD. I'd lol so hard
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 13
1/20/2013 7:01:06   
Ranloth
Banned

Just so you know guys, passive cores will also exist. These may also be luck based so luck will always exist in the game. :D
AQ Epic  Post #: 14
1/20/2013 7:32:54   
Steel Slayer

quote:

Random fun thing you didn't know. Many previously passive abilities will become active abilities in Omega. FrostBite is one of many..

quote:

I dont see this is a very good thing actually.
People bought that armor for its ability and made it rare.
And now they will become active?
What if someone does not want it as a active ability?

I hope it will be optional.

I thought that post was referring to weapon effects, I would bet on the armor effects staying passive. I think this is great, I hope it applies to Jack-o-fire, would be fun to use that on demand.
Epic  Post #: 15
1/20/2013 7:44:58   
Midnightsoul

Skill Cores :D
=New form of enhancements... .________.

Well, looking forward to them! :)
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 16
1/20/2013 8:16:07   
Drianx

This means that instead of a weapon or armor having a chance to inflict FrostBite, you will cast it against your opponent just like a Poison Grenade.

But as far as I understood earlier this week, you won't be able to detach FrostBite active core from the item it is attached to.

It's just a new feature, not the most interesting one. Why should I be excited again?
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
1/20/2013 9:59:29   
hijinks

Wait a minute.... This has a potential to become a little OP. How? Well, what if you had those stun guns with a stun grenade (or any other stun skill? OR Frostbite + any EP draining skill? You could stun people for two turns or constantly drain energy extremely fast!
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
1/20/2013 10:26:03   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

You miss the key-word in that sentence.

quote:

Many previously passive abilities

So not all.
Epic  Post #: 19
1/20/2013 10:35:06   
Giras Wolfe

Making a skill like frostbite active gives it more strategic options because you could plan a build around it. You can't plan a build around something thats not guarunteed to activate. And of course the power of the skill will be buffed/nerfed to mirror its new nature.

Also it will not be OPed because skill cores will definitely offer many new ways to gainback as well as drain energy.

< Message edited by Giras Wolfe -- 1/20/2013 10:50:48 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
1/20/2013 10:39:01   
King FrostLich

I am so happy I bought the Frost Destroyer as my permanent weapon and now it's gonna be an active core. Now I don't need to spam strike for a mana drain.
Epic  Post #: 21
1/20/2013 10:50:54   
Xendran

Yeah, i'm pleased that i can use my frost destroyer, i was originally planning on selling it in favour of the omega onslaughter.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 22
1/20/2013 16:37:42   
Wootz

Looks like abusing my Frost Slayer will come in handy! ^^
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
1/20/2013 16:55:05   
Xendran

Abuse? Other weapons will have equally powerful cores available most likely.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 24
1/20/2013 17:55:36   
Oba

As long as cores not get saved in our inventorys when we purchase/apply them to our items, the whole core idea is bad. Everything about it, to 100%.

< Message edited by Oba -- 1/20/2013 17:57:19 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Heading in the right direction with cores
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition