Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Paxia Ultimate Conquest thread #3

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Paxia Clans >> RE: Paxia Ultimate Conquest thread #3
Page 3 of 10«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/4/2013 22:00:35   
  Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

Defend. Meant Defend.

But then I just remember you can't do that without switching clans so it'd be a bother...

I mean if you WERE going to do it, then it would be a new objective: "See how many bits of data the devs assigned to the event by attacking until the negative turns into a positive number"

THEN I would approve of it. Totally. I wouldn't care that it's my clan. But you'd have to be committed :P
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 51
3/4/2013 22:51:16   
Riffus Maximus

quote:

"See how many bits of data the devs assigned to the event by attacking until the negative turns into a positive number"

I dig that idea.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 52
3/5/2013 3:12:09   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

Strange I thought I sent in the pm last week let me go check my sent box.

EDIT: seems dethhollow was right, looks like I better get back into the habit of sending it off soon, and I thought habits were supposed to be hard to break.

< Message edited by Oliver Bell -- 3/5/2013 3:13:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
3/5/2013 13:35:50   
Heroes of the Scape

Depends on the habit. They usually take about 21 days to make and about 3 days to break.
AQ  Post #: 54
3/5/2013 16:21:31   
neo_manni

What about an ultimatum, where if they don't defend a curtain amount everyday 1 person from all the active
Clans attacks them for double. So if they defend they will gradually get back into positive in a couple of months.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 55
3/5/2013 17:27:01   
Heroes of the Scape

@neo: That would only go so far. There are still some non forumites that use the Defense Forces as farming land. Also when you are in as deep of a hole as we (Aerodu) are (no thanks to Dynami *glares at Digdog*) it can only go so far to bring us back. It would almost be easier to see if the number tops out at -100K and see if it turns us over.
AQ  Post #: 56
3/5/2013 18:27:45   
neo_manni

Then why don't we approach the staff to make the clans immune to attacks if they hit the requirement
Everyday except the weekend' So we can only see growth eventually in every clan
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 57
3/5/2013 19:13:09   
Spanish Inquisition

Well Dig and I were just talking about the coding and he mentioned something about -4Million as a maximum on some codes like this and then either it stops counting or completely crashes the server or something. Would be fun to try but that sounds like an awful lot of work and in Dynami, we frown on work.
AQ  Post #: 58
3/5/2013 19:30:26   
DigDog

It's probably more like 2 billion though. And even if it was only 4 million it would take ages to get there.

quote:

Also when you are in as deep of a hole as we (Aerodu) are (no thanks to Dynami *glares at Digdog*) it can only go so far to bring us back. It would almost be easier to see if the number tops out at -100K and see if it turns us over.

Well who's fault was that, huh? :P

Also clans were far below -100k at some point, so hitting that number would do nothing at all.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 59
3/6/2013 11:55:37   
dethhollow

I doubt most of the staff even give 2 craps about the PUC, let alone care enough to put the time and effort into this instead of a regular release. And how would you know that they're defending and not just being attacked? It seems pretty complecated. And if something like that happens where attacks do double damage if you defended, then how would you determine who defended and who attacked?

Besides, I don't want to give Dynami more of an edge than they already have.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 60
3/6/2013 12:02:24   
  Ultrapowerpie

Mail Moogle of AdventureQuest

I'm just trying to suggest something different, if y'all want more of the same that's fine too, but I figured that the more we mix things up the more fun it is.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 61
3/6/2013 19:18:21   
dethhollow

Yeah, but I have next to no idea how to implament something like that without getting lost. There's a few issues over some minor details, but I'd like the idea for a special round or so.... Something that would be like a special event, but not a weekly thing. I dunno, maybe for the weekend of Friday the 13th or something?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 62
3/7/2013 5:53:26   
neo_manni

its only numbers, all it takes is people to be active to get out of negative. all people want right now is an incentive. like that update which will be game mechanics altering, which will make classes look like a regular release compared to paxia getting an update of that scale. its just like how I am a big guy who could get diabetes if I continue on the path of just doing what I am doing but if I "make an effort" to loose that weight and not be in fear of diseases taking over my body. I could loose weight and eventually take a path in life where I am not in fault of the way I move into the next life (I am not saying that with ease I hope god willing I live a full life but it will eventually come regardless if I speed it up or not).

P.S. I slept the whole afternoon when I could and woke up mid morning I think I should goto sleep now I start work at 1 pm, l8rs.
P.S.S. Sorry I mumble sometimes... when I am sleepy but awake.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 63
3/8/2013 22:10:31   
dethhollow

It's ok, Neo. I do the same thing.... Usually not here, but you'd be supprised how often I do it.

Anyways, next round! (insert blue text)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 64
3/9/2013 2:49:03   
neo_manni

next round?? I thought this round is over at monday midnight?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 65
3/9/2013 3:35:54   
Riffus Maximus

Quoted from the rules in the first post:
quote:

-Monday to Friday, you get to decide where to attack. Battles for taking control of an occupied area are done during the weekend. The clan who has gained the most points wins. If the two or more clans manage to beat the defender's score raise, the defending clan lose, and the area is given to the clan who had a higher increase in points.
-Battles begin at Friday 10:00 PM to Sunday 10:00PM AQ Server Time (GMT-5 Eastern Timezone).
-You have until Friday at 10:00 to PM your clan's battle plan to the GM (me). If it's not received by the GM until then, the clan is considered skipping it's turn.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 66
3/9/2013 8:54:40   
neo_manni

oohhhh so yesterday night is the beginning of this round, so that is why he took a screen shot of where we started this weekend.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 67
3/9/2013 12:40:35   
Riffus Maximus

To be a tad more precise, rounds indeed start on Monday. Those are week-long rounds. However, the time period between Monday and Friday are what I call the "planification" phase. During that time, you plan with your clan your next move, which territories you'd like to get.

Starting on Friday nights and ending on Sunday nights, the "battle phase" begins. During that time, you either attack the enemy to lower their score or defend to raise your own score. At the end of the battle phase, we take into consideration the raise of points made during that time (look at my previous post when I declared how much points has been gain/lost for each participating clan) by comparing the starting and the ending screenshots.

Long story made short: Attack/Defend only on weekends, and plan your move on week days.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 68
3/9/2013 13:50:00   
neo_manni

I see cause people are usually free on the weekend to play but on week days its talking time only, mostly.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 69
3/10/2013 15:45:13   
Heroes of the Scape

I was gone Friday and Saturday so I haven't had time to do much fighting.
AQ  Post #: 70
3/10/2013 23:42:58   
dethhollow

And now the ending screenshot! Sorry this is so late, I seriously forgot about the round, went to AQ, and forgot to switch out hats so you could easilly tell the screenshots apart. Remember, sombrerro means end, Gekko-head means begaining! And there's probably nowhere else you will ever hear that.

Aerodu, to quote them, said:
quote:

B5 and B6

Yeah, I run out of things to say as well sometimes.... Aerodu gained 20 points! Alright, but could be better. Dynami gained 2,514 points. I would say it's a supprise, but...........

Geoto chose B2 and B4, gaining 400 points! I believe that's a personal best for Geoto, but still not enough.

And Dynami forgot to send in thier plans.... I don't know if that's what happened or if they just chose not to send them, but that's what I'm calling it.

< Message edited by dethhollow -- 3/10/2013 23:53:32 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 71
3/11/2013 0:02:38   
Heroes of the Scape

As previously stated I was not able to get on for two days and today was no better.
AQ  Post #: 72
3/11/2013 1:27:25   
neo_manni

yea I had to work today I wanted to get at least 500 wins, plus I wasn't feeling well either*. how much did we need to take B2 and B4??

* not feeling any better now either.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 73
3/11/2013 1:41:34   
Heroes of the Scape

2515 points. You need to out score the current land owner so it will always change from week to week.

< Message edited by Heroes of the Scape -- 3/11/2013 1:43:10 >
AQ  Post #: 74
3/12/2013 10:57:31   
neo_manni

I am just glad that come of the dynami clan members are not forum members.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> Paxia Clans >> RE: Paxia Ultimate Conquest thread #3
Page 3 of 10«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition