Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LXXIII - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LXXIII - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 3 of 30«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/21/2013 18:05:24   
nathan1998

Nulgath probably didn't turn the other way when the boy asked "Will you be my friend?"
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 51
1/21/2013 18:07:19   
Lord Athor

@Alpha

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it. I do my best to make the reader actually feel what I imagine for my character and I'm happy that I've managed to do so.
If you liked what you read there you can also read my first contribution, it's a bit more on the creepy and bloody side though.

@Cody

Or just use him, to be more in theme with his wretched life thus far but that's perhaps for a future Legendary evolution.
As it is now I wanted him as a Master, strong but still leaving the possibility for further development open.

< Message edited by Lord Athor -- 1/21/2013 18:09:06 >
Post #: 52
1/21/2013 18:16:45   
Ryuyasha

This happened to me earlier....

http://memesly.com/meme/i8wg2n
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
1/21/2013 18:18:58   
Alpha Seagull

@ Athor
That one was great as well. Using real evocative language helps. I really appreciate your writing.
Maybe you should pursue a job writing for AE?
Absolutely wonderful.
You have me inspired to write up a few characters now.
~HexGull
AQW  Post #: 54
1/21/2013 18:20:20   
Mondez

Well the writing has an opposite affect on me and it makes me want to draw some sick characters for Oversoul. I won't let you defeat my RNG Battler idea though.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
1/21/2013 18:24:02   
Riniti

Welp... the lineart for The Puppeteer is almost done... just have to draw the entrance to the void (Or a void), shade it, and color it.

Maybe the fact that Oversoul's down is good... o.O I've done more work these past couple hours than ever before.
Post #: 56
1/21/2013 18:28:46   
Lord Athor

@Alpha

Since I don't have the possibility to contribute art I have to do what I can to paint my picture with words, I know that my writing can be a bit close to the edge even for a 13+ game but I don't think I've crossed that line and but at the same time I do think it's good to walk close to the edge in order to confir the sensation and feeling you want to project.

If I do get noticed and the staff appreciates the way the I write I wouldn't mind being a writer at all, though I can assure you that the stories I would write would not be for the feint of heart nor (most likley) for the games directed towards the younger audience

I'm looking forward to see what you write and it makes me happy that I can inspire the creativity of my fellow forumites.

@Mondez

That sounds like a fun idea, is it supposed to battle the RNG or have the RNG battle for you... like a BeastMaster class with an RNG-on-a-leash as the battle pet?
Post #: 57
1/21/2013 18:39:55   
Ryuyasha

Is Frost Void or Jack Frost the better ice character? Or is there something else?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
1/21/2013 18:43:19   
branden80

Jack Frost, Fv has an unwanted ice orb, while jack has more spells
AQW  Post #: 59
1/21/2013 18:43:23   
UnderSoul

Well, Xmas Fiend is Legendary, but I'm not sure if it's better. Comparison isn't my strong point.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
1/21/2013 18:43:24   
Mondez

@Lord Athor
Here's the RNG Gambler post that I made a while back.

I made the normal attack cards RNG based since it is the RNG Gambler after all.

Here's another that I made as a parody of the FF Gilgamesh, OSgamesh

< Message edited by Mondez -- 1/21/2013 18:44:15 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
1/21/2013 18:49:37   
Lord Athor

@Mondez

The RNG Gambler sounds like a really interesting character but have you considered giving him some detremental card as well, something that might produce a backfire or negative effect depicting that he actually gambles with the RNG and the RNG might be on a mean streak?
Post #: 62
1/21/2013 18:51:47   
JJ55$

@Athor Two of the things that I like most about your story are how dark it is and how you used suggestive language at times instead of blatantly stating something. It lets younger audiences enjoy it as well.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
1/21/2013 18:52:27   
CakeMaster

Hi all what do you all think of my suggested character?

Meet Joe the Pained
(scroll down for it)
AQ DF  Post #: 64
1/21/2013 18:55:56   
Mondez

@Lord Athor
I have, but since this is a pvp game, I thought the cards I gave him were appropriate and I didn't want to have him a advantage of backfires or negative effects.

Since he is the controller of the rates I would say if it was possible to lower DoT abilites and also lower the current attack cards the opponent has in his/her hand.

@below
No, but it still is too early for the dev's to worry about Rev getting a special card.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 1/21/2013 18:57:47 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
1/21/2013 18:56:43   
branden80

Am I the only one who hasn't forgotten the special card rev is supposed to get?
AQW  Post #: 66
1/21/2013 18:58:07   
Lord Athor

@JJ55$

Thank you. I find that while blatant in-your-face do have its use at times it's letting the reader paint the picture and use his/her own imagination a much more effective way to reach the desired feeling the story's supposed to convey. I'm glad you enjoyed it =)

@Mondez

No I didn't mean the backfires and negative effects to be an advantage for the player but that they affected the player so that, for example you might find yourself taking double damage from your enemy or all of a sudden have the DoT you wanted to give your enemy affecting yourself.

< Message edited by Lord Athor -- 1/21/2013 19:00:26 >
Post #: 67
1/21/2013 18:58:23   
Axel459
The Void Calls

I mentioned to everyone about Rev's special card when they said Darkon should have gotten one, but I was ignored (as usual)
~Axel
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 68
1/21/2013 19:00:20   
UnderSoul

Servers still down or does my computer just suck more than usual today?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
1/21/2013 19:02:00   
Sir Xander

I am officially going to refine my Angel Suggestion til it gets accepted! :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
1/21/2013 19:04:46   
Axel459
The Void Calls

I'm trying to figure if I should make the story for the succubus or let Rilli do it since it was made for her
~Axel
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 71
1/21/2013 19:05:06   
Basicball

What do you guys think the name color on the charcards means? http://prntscr.com/pz5l2
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
1/21/2013 19:07:38   
Beck

No clue, but why is Earth Golem's name spelled wrong?
Before, I only noticed Darkon and Founder had gold names. Didn't notice the others!
AQW  Post #: 73
1/21/2013 19:09:54   
Alpha Seagull

Probably nothing.
~HexGull
AQW  Post #: 74
1/21/2013 19:15:06   
Basicball

quote:

No clue, but why is Earth Golem's name spelled wrong?

A lot of the names on the charcards don't match with their in-game name, actually.

quote:

Probably nothing.

Than why do they go through the hassle of coloring certain names? O.O
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LXXIII - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 3 of 30«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition