Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= A Classy Update - January 24, 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= A Classy Update - January 24, 2013
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/24/2013 14:33:52   
Duke23526

quote:

January 24, 2013
A Classy Update

*Phew* I wanted to post an update yesterday, but I chose to power through and finish the new base class armors. Check them out!

In addition to these updated armors, I have also "remastered" about 100 hairstyles. I would like to go back and retouch the heads as well, but that may need to wait for another time.

Before I released the first shot of the new default armors, Titan predicted that players might favor the armors over many of the available purchaseable armors. Of course, this is exactly the discussion that's taking place in the forums right now. We are investigating possible solutions to accomodate this desire. However, we don't want to feature creep too much for Omega, which brings me to my next point.

When Is Omega?

Excellent question! We would love, love, LOVE to answer you, but for obvious reasons we're extremely cautious about setting a hard deadline. It is imperative that we have several days of rigorous testing to release Omega as bug-free as possible so our current goal is to get Omega "feature-locked" by Sunday. What does this mean? It does not mean that we will release on Sunday or even Monday. It means that Omega's features will be completely finished and nothing more will be added aside from fixes and polish leading up to a formal release.

If we are feature-locked by Sunday -- you will know this because we will Tweet and/or release DNs about it -- a release by the end of January is extremely likely. If problems arise, we will keep you updated with progress reports leading up to the release. We will work as much as humanly possible to release in a relatively timely fashion.

When we do finally release, we plan on doing play-by-play Design Notes posts and Tweets to keep you informed. There may be several hours of downtime while we run scripts to update the Live database and migrate content and deal with any other issues so those posts will be your primary view of EpicDuel Omega's update status.

Compensation

Rabble and Titan are testing some scripts to finalize the compensation plans for Enhancements. Without giving too much away, I can say that it involves testing scripts to sort and update thousands of character records whcih can take some time when you think about how many weapons have ever been enhanced in EpicDuel's history. I will have this information as soon as they are finished.

Tags: Nightwraith

Formatted, In future please do not tag your own threads. ~Tanky

< Message edited by TankMage -- 1/25/2013 23:12:11 >
Post #: 1
1/24/2013 14:40:01   
Blaze The Aion Ender

Base classes looks nice, I like merc the best

Release relatively soon? I like that

Compensation news? Love it
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/24/2013 14:41:58   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

At above, compensation news? I hate it... They still haven't given any recognition
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/24/2013 14:43:14   
Drianx

Obviously the majority of players prefer the revamped armors over some early armors because they look so much better and... graphically evolved.

@devs
Although I may spend more time criticizing than appreciating, thank you very much for your effort with Omega AND for the time you took posting all these DNs along the development.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/24/2013 14:47:56   
Mother1

There is an error in the design notes. which was spelled wrong.

But other then that little detail I thank the staff for posting another set of design notes.
Epic  Post #: 5
1/24/2013 15:08:39   
TurkishIncubus

They have better look than most of the high lvl armors. I would use them if you make it possible.
Epic  Post #: 6
1/24/2013 15:48:59   
the final hour
Banned

i dont know how i feel about this ,
Post #: 7
1/24/2013 15:51:48   
Yo son

am I the only one that's not seeing any images?
Post #: 8
1/24/2013 15:55:33   
blade98

^No there are actually no pictures in this post,if that's what you mean..Try the DNs instead
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
1/24/2013 17:24:04   
Vypie

I love the new armors, the Mercenary one looks good! The base concept for the armor gender versions are the same, but with a different twist between the two.
The mage one is nice, but it's not my preferred taste. I like other kinds and types of armor, I guess! :)

The same I cant say about the Bounty Hunter one. I was very excited when I saw the male armor, it is what I really was looking for! I love the armor!
But the female version, in my opinion, doesn't come close. The design is similar, but there are many differences from the male one. Differences that cost it's awesomeness:

__The Gloves: What happened to them? One of the most badass things about the armour were the gloves, and they've got replaced by something bland, and weak looking. And the hands, in comparison, ended up the worse. :(
They deserve big, hard, round, metallic Gloves!

__Shoulder pads: They look like a square, compared to the male version. The original ones have a very interesting shape, which could have been kept. The glowing green part also looks better in the male one. It looks more compact, more placed inside the shoulder pad. The female one is rounded, and on the outside of the shoulder pad. It appears more fragile.

__Leg Armor Pad: It doesn't match the rest of the armor very well. It doesn't have the matching shape of the shoulder pad, which is a very interesting thing in the male version.
Also, the double white parts are too much. Too much white, and a weird shape. I understand the small one next to it, since it connects to the Leg belt, but it doesn't fit very good.
The Leg armor covers too much of the leg in comparison, I like the simple and smaller look you went for in the male one.

__Body section: It looks good, but it could be better in the details. The green Tubes, for example, are a bit off. In my opinion, they don't match the armour much. They could blend into the armor better if they were thinner.
I also noticed the body part falls into the Belt line a bit. The details look like they were Cut. The green detail dives into the belt, instead of defining where the chest armour stops. (It doesn't help much that the Belt itself is too straight, and lacks definition).
In the male one, It has a completed look, And the green line even follows the shape of the frontal chest piece. (And I notice again, it is the same shape as the Shoulder and Leg pads!)
It could be interesting if it followed the same idea! :)

__Orbs: Where there were no orbs before, now we have 4 green ones! I don't mind the orbs, but not when they are located mostly in the Boot piece! It seems unbalanced to me.
It doesn't match, as the rest of the armor has none. (what saves it here is the Green eye in the helmet! xD)
But I think an extra green on the Boots is a good improvement! But not in the form of 3 orbs (They tend to be overused). The Neon looking lines are awesome, they could have been there instead.

Overall, the male one looks more Solid and a more refined concept. The female version suffers from some mashup of pieces of different shapes that could look better together, to stand out as a full distinguishable armor.
If I hadn't seen the male version, I would have applauded this armor, which itself is awesome. But the male version is exceptional, and it makes me wish the same for the female one! :)

I play a female Bounty Hunter, so I had quite the expectations. I was very excited and I had high hopes (and high standards!) for this one, as you could see.
So.. I am sorry for the strong criticism. I've pointed out mostly what I saw as less good in comparison, but the rest is Top notch! :D
Epic  Post #: 10
1/24/2013 17:44:33   
ReinXI

Wouldn't a solution to the "people want to use it as there actual armor" problem be as simple as giving players a version of each armor as a stand alone item using the same appearance? it just seems like that would be a simple way to fix the problem make it not take up inventory space if they can make the same items with different level req why wouldn't they be able to just make a separate armor?
Epic  Post #: 11
1/24/2013 18:01:10   
Azwan

^ Everyone would look similiar; Not sure if that's a bad thing tho.
DF  Post #: 12
1/24/2013 18:29:52   
ashtonsdad

well i have actually lost all interest in omega and i wonder if it is not released in January can i get the 50 dollars back?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 13
1/24/2013 19:26:21   
Calogero

no refund policy

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
1/24/2013 19:33:46   
One Winged Angel1357

Male Merc is my least favorite

The square shoulder plate sets up my dislike of it and then it comes back on the leg but the mercs have always been a bit blocky because they are the large bodies of the game but the organic flow of the BH and TM armors I prefer to the merc armor
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
1/25/2013 14:47:41   
  Nightwraith

Thanks for the critique Vypie! I don't agree with all of it, but 'll take some of your comments into account when making the final adjustments. The main purpose of these armors is to make a strong initial impact for new players, so I want them to look as polished as possible. I also know that there will always be people who prefer one style over others.

We thought about making this armor an equippable armor, but what would happen if you unequipped it? Would you look the same? Revert to the old style? Maybe armors cannot be unequipped, only swapped. This behavior would not be consistent with other items. There are many idea but we need to pick the one that's most intuitive.
Post #: 16
1/25/2013 15:29:37   
Vypie

Hehe, no problem! :)
I know I went a bit overboard about some small things, when they are just as awesome. Maybe I looked too deep... and picked on little, most improbable stuff.
It seems my opinions reflected a LOT on how I would have imagined it, and my personal style as well.

That said, my critique may not have been the best of the best, for I didn't assume much of a neutral view on it. Because I loved it so much already, I really expressed myself from the heart! :)

At first I had thought about it being an equipable item too. But it could cause confusion to unequip it and find yourself wearing the same armor, visually.
Swapping sounds like a good idea, but such a feature for armors only could also cause some confusion. We must find something simple that does not require special rules.
It just came to my head the idea of having casual looking clothes (epicduel citizens style) for when we unequip an armor. It would be something extra to add, but simple, atleast. It could be fun to see our character's every day clothing, and blend in! :P (Similar to current basic armor, except this would represent no armor at all.)

I will try to think of more, easy to implement ideas.

< Message edited by Vypie -- 1/25/2013 15:31:20 >
Epic  Post #: 17
1/25/2013 23:40:11   
MirageD

i personally like the old styles better, they seemed less bulky.....go figure??? will they still be available?
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
1/25/2013 23:53:08   
Mecha Mario
Mechanized Plumber

[MirageD] : From The Battle Continues...:

quote:

That's quite a change! I hope you will agree that it's for the better, but even if you still love the original version, you can keep it! The classic armors will become equippable armors and will be inserted into the inventories of all active players once Omega goes live. We haven't yet decided if players who join us after launch will have access to the classic armor, but we feel it might be best to retire this piece of EpicDuel's history permanently.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
1/28/2013 16:12:07   
ED Prince of Shadows

^Quite random to post that in this thread. Anyways, you agreed to the T&C and they still might make their January deadline, so you don't really have a right to ask for your money back. They give us an amazing, money saving deal, yet people still complain so much about the delay.
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
1/28/2013 18:00:54   
Vypie

What if they fail the deadline? What does that have to do with the money of the promotion? You are still getting it. You cant just demand things like that.

We are getting constantly being updated with the progress in Omega. Understand that they are not slacking, and working very hard, and many hours straight. If something, they just failed to calculate the time necessary for completion. They could not work faster than humanly possible to compensate. This means Omega would be delivered in the needed time, regardless of Deadlines.

They could have chosen to not even tell us a date in the first place! But instead, they wanted to share stuff with us players, because they believe it's to our interest.

In the end, they misscalculated, and you are getting a badass promotion.

< Message edited by Vypie -- 1/28/2013 18:03:27 >
Epic  Post #: 21
1/28/2013 18:11:06   
Mother1

@ vypie

It makes me think that some people would perfer buggy unplayable things as long as they are on time rather then something that is a bit late but runs smoothly.
Epic  Post #: 22
1/28/2013 18:13:21   
Lycan.

I would feel really bad for the devs if they had to give out refunds.
Epic  Post #: 23
1/28/2013 19:32:43   
Dreiko Shadrack

Not really, they said we'd get the pre-order packages when omega is done. if they then didn't say that there were further complications and then not awarded them yes it would be false advertising but otherwise it's just a misfortune.

Don't y'all think you understand law, because y'all don't.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
1/28/2013 19:40:33   
Mother1

@ dreiko shadrack

quote:

Here's what we're going to do -- we're going to offer the Omega Onslaughter/Impaler, Obliterator/Slayer, both Yetis, and an Omega Ticket that grants access to a month-long contest for the price of one 5-key package. When you buy this package you will receive a ticket that will guarantee you receive the items as soon as Omega officially goes live in January. After Omega goes live, we will split the Obliterator and Onslaughter into 2 separate packages as planned, but those who preordered will already have it all and be able to participate in the competition without delay!

This I took from the design notes, while I am a patient person myself others aren't and unless omega start before Friday it would be fast advertising since they did say it would start in January.
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= A Classy Update - January 24, 2013
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition