Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Compensation - January 24, 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Compensation - January 24, 2013
Page 9 of 15«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/25/2013 18:25:10   
Drianx

Trans you're always misreading or misinterpreting. It says
quote:

may not be refunded

not "will never be refunded".

So how do they break the TnC?
AQW Epic  Post #: 201
1/25/2013 18:27:18   
Angels Holocaust

That's the problem with " Free " stuff. You can never please the unpleasable, you give them one thing and 5 minutes later, they ask for another. Be grateful that the devs are giving out reparations. They did absolutely nothing when they removed war cannons. Just be thankful that you're getting something back.

< Message edited by Angels Holocaust -- 1/25/2013 18:28:36 >
Post #: 202
1/25/2013 18:27:41   
Nexus...

Well...you should read the second quote if you don't like the first one. When you click agree to something like this, it becomes a legally binding contract, which is very hard to fight (because you clicked agree!). You didn't link me to the lawsuits against virtual currency I asked for, and you said existed. They have no legal obligation to return our virtual currency, and therefore you are extremely lucky they are doing so at all.

Prophet

Edited for superfluous commenary. ~Eukara Vox, AE Admin

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 1/25/2013 20:39:19 >
Epic  Post #: 203
1/25/2013 18:31:07   
Ranloth
Banned

You actually misinterpreted it yourself. Word "may" can be used instead of "can", both mean the same. Now let's post it again:
quote:

b. REFUND, CANCELLATION & EXPERIENCE REIMBURSEMENT POLICY.
All authorized purchases of digital account upgrades, in-game currency, access or services through the Site, to include upgrade and membership packages, and any other access types or services, may can not be refunded or transferred regardless of cancellation or termination by any party.

Besides, having "may not be refunded" doesn't mean they will be. Reading the whole sentence helps instead of picking the word and finding a flaw there which there isn't. It says at the end "regardless of cancellation or termination by any party" so it doesn't matter, it will not be given. And it was said multiple times in the past that Devs will not do any refunds. If you wish to get 100% correct meaning whether your "may" is maybe then speak with the higher ups, or just email the Help Team. I've spoken with few Devs and T&C said that there will be NO refunds. Likewise with the Help Team when I contacted them in the past.
AQ Epic  Post #: 204
1/25/2013 18:35:53   
Darkoake445

Did it say anything about overall enhancements or just the enhancements on items currently in your inventory? I know they have tracking on varium purchases so enhancements likely belong in that category but I just want to be sure.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 205
1/25/2013 18:41:34   
Nexus...

quote:

The t and c for this situation and a normal refund are totally different.

quote:

18. DISCLAIMER AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT REGARDING GAME DATA.
You hereby acknowledge that by using the Site or the Services that you do not acquire any property rights whatsoever in the Site, Services, Game Data (as defined below), or any status within the Site and Services. To play Company games requires the creation and retention of electronic files, including without limitation player characters, accounts, in-game currency, statistics, user profiles, weapons, armor, quests, loot, etc. ("Game Data"), which are stored by Company. While keeping Game Data safe is a priority of Company, note that Company shall not have any liability for the loss of any Game Data for any reason whatsoever. Company reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to modify or delete any information, including without limitation Game Data and any other information accumulated, stored or uploaded on into any Company game.

And thats why there is this...

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 206
1/25/2013 18:48:06   
master x guardian

My only problem with the compensation is that it applies only to items currently in inventory; I do understand that I got Varium back from selling but it's only 15% I believe. Oh well, I'm glad to get something.
I totally saw an Achievement coming though...

< Message edited by master x guardian -- 1/25/2013 19:01:21 >

YouTube Channel - shadelord43485
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 207
1/25/2013 18:48:37   
Calogero

You know I'm not happy with the refund that much either especialy seeing sold items don't count, but hold your horses about sueing.
Some things can't be changed no matter how much rage you have

< Message edited by Calogero -- 1/25/2013 18:49:57 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 208
1/25/2013 18:53:04   
Nexus...

quote:

The presence of a disclaimer in a legally binding agreement does not necessarily guarantee that the terms of the disclaimer will be recognized and enforced in a legal dispute. There may be other legal considerations that render a disclaimer void either in whole or part.

Didn't even see this quote. Okay...there "may be other legal considerations", so tell me what they are? What other legal considerations are there in this situation? And where are my links?

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 209
1/25/2013 18:58:56   
Stabilis

Everybody's arguing about the t of s and I am just sitting here winking at the developers to bump the enhancement refund up.

Not that it would ever be an apocalypse situation to me, but it would be nice and gory.
AQ Epic  Post #: 210
1/25/2013 19:11:30   
TRizZzCENTRINO

even though it is hilarious and entertains me to see you humans argue, but, arrogance and negligence to accept defeat is just a bad thing to do(especially when it is staring you in the face), arguing with the T&C will get you nowhere, it is like a contract, once you agreed with it, it means you signed it, you can't argue with it unless you find a loop hole somewhere, like nexus and trans said, be happy with what you get, wanting more after they give you what you wanted is just simply greed.

@cool preston you never seem to understand anything, you only continue until you get your way, if you find the T&C unfair or un-beneficial to yourself, why agree in the first place? you are deliberately putting yourself in a trap if you do so, its not anyone's fault but yours, i read the T&c and fully agreed with it, that's why I'm not complaining.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 1/25/2013 19:15:39 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 211
1/25/2013 19:15:57   
master x guardian

You realize they say none of these numbers are set in stone? It says that right in the DNs so we might get more. Of course, we might also get less.
Of course if you really are confident in your legal savvy, then by ALL means go up against the EpicDuel team in court. A wise Avatar once said, "harsh words won't solve problems, action will". Let's see that action.

< Message edited by master x guardian -- 1/25/2013 19:17:23 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 212
1/25/2013 19:17:58   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

They did give people stuff when they took away war cannons. They gave a percentage of it to your influence.

On another note, sueing ED for something like this would be an ill-conceived idea on your part.

quote:

YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE NO PROPERTY RIGHTS WHATSOEVER IN in-game currency. You further acknowledge that you may not use in-game currency for any purpose outside the EpicDuel game. The use of in-game currency outside the EpicDuel game, or the use of in-game currency for any non-approved reason, is strictly prohibited and will result in the termination of Your account and all of Your in-game currency. See Paragraph 18 for more details about Your lack of property rights in Artix game content and in-game currency.

quote:

You hereby acknowledge that by using the Site or the Services that you do not acquire any property rights whatsoever in the Site, Services, Game Data (as defined below), or any status within the Site and Services. To play Company games requires the creation and retention of electronic files, including without limitation player characters, accounts, in-game currency, statistics, user profiles, weapons, armor, quests, loot, etc. ("Game Data"), which are stored by Company. While keeping Game Data safe is a priority of Company, note that Company shall not have any liability for the loss of any Game Data for any reason whatsoever. Company reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to modify or delete any information, including without limitation Game Data and any other information accumulated, stored or uploaded on into any Company game.

Specifically regarding in-game currency and Memberships, YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BY PURCHASING OR OTHERWISE OBTAINING IN-GAME CURRENCY, OR BY BECOMING A MEMBER, YOU DO NOT ACQUIRE ANY PROPERTY RIGHTS WHATSOEVER IN THE IN-GAME CURRENCY OR YOUR STATUS IN THE GAME. IN-GAME CURRENCY IS GAME DATA THAT IS INTEGRAL TO ARTIX PROVIDING ENTERTAINMENT SERVICES TO ITS USERS, AND YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IN-GAME CURRENCY IS NOT YOUR PROPERTY.

Specifically here is what you should read:
quote:

Company reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to modify or delete any information, including without limitation Game Data and any other information accumulated, stored or uploaded on into any Company game.

That means that they can remove any feature they want without giving any refund at all.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 213
1/25/2013 19:19:26   
Death Jr

Simple question y arnt people like trizz and nexus not complaining. The devs aren't gonna go anything worse. It's people like you that ruin the game. If everyone disagreed there would be change. But no people like you just say its better than nothing.
Post #: 214
1/25/2013 19:20:37   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

This topic is locked until I can clean it of all the rule breaking.
Some of you know what is coming.
Do not remake it. Do not make your own independent thread about this. If anyone does, it will be an automatic warning.

Civility is not an option.

Respect is not an option.

The attitude of "Prove you wrong, nananana" is not going to be accepted.

It's no secret some of you are appreciative of the gesture the ED team extended and some of you aren't. That's expected. What's also expected is behaviour that adheres to our rules. They are non-negotiable. Full stop. If you cannot be civil, respectful, conversational and constructive, you are more than welcome to not post.

The behavioural displays that Melissa4Bella and I found in this thread were abhorrent. The thread is now open. Show the maturity required to discuss this matter.

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 1/25/2013 21:07:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 215
1/25/2013 21:44:04   
button33

So. Continuing on with the discussion of the compensation...

I am grateful for the 30% compensation, but, HOWEVER, I feel that the compensation is too little. Now I know that the prices for the skill cores have not been set, but it can be safely assumed that buying two skill cores will cost more than 510 varium, which is the amount we are getting back for fully enhancing a ten slot item. However, the 510 varium refund will not cover the entire cost of upgrade of the weapon, and players will have to pull more money from their pocket in order to fully upgrade a weapon that was once fully upgraded.

I don't think its fair to any of us who has to pay twice to upgrade the same weapon to the same power. I mean, we bought the weapon and upgraded it once, but having up upgrading it again so it matches the power of the previous weapon is unfair. We didn't sell the weapon, and it wasn't our choice to take away our upgrades. This is just like someone selling you a product, and then making you pay again for a product that you once owned. That isn't fair.
AQW Epic  Post #: 216
1/25/2013 21:51:27   
One Winged Angel1357

Button I think we need some finalized numbers before we can go and say how much the refund should be for a fair number because for all we know the prices could drop or they could jump
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 217
1/25/2013 21:52:10   
the final hour
Banned

as i said before i would of preffered abit more then 30% more like 40-50 but 30 will do just fine it really isnt that bad. plus im getting a cheevo 2 most of my weapons ive had enhanced a long time so 30% refund plus the use ive had it rlly isnt so bad. their are a couple i rlly havent had that long and prolly havent got my moneys worth out of , but you win some you loose some . could of been alot worse they could of decided to give us 0 .
Post #: 218
1/25/2013 21:53:33   
kaiseryeux21

^@button33, agree with some of your points. But perhaps sacrifice is needed in order for the progress of the whole game. At first i was very reluctant in accepting that my enhanced items which i farm for credits for many many hours on the internet shop, paying 20 Pesos per hour(thats the currency in our country) for almost 5-6 hours a day (so thats almost 2$ per day) will be put into waste. Enhancements for me is one of the worst thing that happened into this game but on the contrary, it is very main reason why i play more and farm credits more in order to gain more credits and spent for enhancements. Now that its gone, im sad. But the fact that they replace enhancements with something more worthy of my time and effort seems a good way for me. Again, i am not complaining with the refund both on varium and credits becuase i have already conditioned my mind that a refund would be the very least option for compensation. Still, im glad the dev's made it. Anyway, im still hoping that the credit refund could be raised to 30%-40%.
DF Epic  Post #: 219
1/25/2013 22:00:25   
button33

@ OWA

Like I said, I know that the numbers haven't been finalized, but by the looks of it, it will most likely cost more than 510 varium to enhance two skill cores.

@Kaisereux21

I understand that at some point, sacrafice is needed to make progress. Im not complaining that I want all of my varium I spent on enhancements back. I am fine with 30%, but However, I just think that is unfair that we have to pay twice for a weapon.
AQW Epic  Post #: 220
1/25/2013 22:08:51   
kaiseryeux21

@button, well the prices for the skill cores and upgrading of weapon are yet to be finalized so i still can't say that is is completely unfair. All i know is that with the current refund on credits, im pretty sure i can't buy 2 or more skill cores for all the enhancements i spent before. So far as i can remember, i have spent more or less 120,000 - 140,000 on enhancing my 4 weapons. That is only 5 enhancements on every weapon and a combination of little varium which is 100 var on every weapon. So if my calculations are correct, i may only get a little varium back, and only 12k-14k on credits. That is why im hoping for an increase on credit refund becuase whatever the final prices of skill cores and weapon upgrade maybe, i would have atleast enough credit to compensate.
DF Epic  Post #: 221
1/25/2013 22:34:10   
the final hour
Banned

quote:

That's the problem with " Free " stuff. You can never please the unpleasable, you give them one thing and 5 minutes later, they ask for another

also i disagree with this its good of the devs to give a refund. but it isnt free since in essence were getting bk part of something we paid for which we are loosing . free is getting something for nothing this does not fit this situation.
Post #: 222
1/26/2013 1:00:40   
NEOCROM

OFC they wont refund EVERYTHING, it was expected, at least from me, why would they, and credits are capped at 100k, very "nice". Thank you for the non-complete refund.
AQ  Post #: 223
1/26/2013 1:34:39   
f4tal1tY

Ohhh fellow ED players, be grateful that we're getting SOMETHING! As stated by The Chosen 0ne above, we're lucky to be getting a compensation! Why do you guys complain so much...

- F4tal1tY

- My Guide to Tech Mages - Please check it out! Feedback is appreciated! :)
Epic  Post #: 224
1/26/2013 5:23:01   
skeletondude

quote:

You do know that the achievement is based off of ALL your enhancements, sold or not, right?

Oh Sweeeeetttttt!!~ So I'd probaly get the 50% cheevo or 25% ..... Refund is not that bad after I did my mathification correctly

*Waits patiently for omega to commence.... soon*

AQW Epic  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Compensation - January 24, 2013
Page 9 of 15«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition