Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LXXXI - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LXXXI - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 2 of 30«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/3/2013 23:21:43   
ACW0

What you seem to forget is that Oversoul is still a very young game, young games need money before they can truly achieve their dreams.
And so for a little while I expect quite a few money maker items and promotions. With this money the game will soar to new heights and I'm sure become the game Nulgath wants it to be! :)

After taking off with a cushion the game should be able to even out even more, just wait I have quite a lot of faith for this game.

Finally SG characters aren't the only characters that can pull off a win (take VL for example). Remember the more talk about too OP bosses will mean enemy/boss nerfs in the future.
While nerfs may seem like a good thing, they take away from the fun difficulty these bosses have brought upon us!

Long Live OverSoul!
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
2/3/2013 23:28:23   
Darkstardust1234

@ACW0 Agreed. However AQW seems to be an exception to that ._.
AQW  Post #: 27
2/3/2013 23:28:28   
Lemonus

I just hope they put DF/MQ/AQW Style Dungeon crawling o>o A bit too much but still.
DF AQW  Post #: 28
2/3/2013 23:30:42   
hijinks

quote:

I love playing this game, but having bosses that usually only sg characters can win

Lol, that's why I put "usually" in there. I know OS is a young game, to be honest, it does have a very good start. But I worry if it becomes like Epicduel's old "Pay to Win with Varium" in the Delta phase which will hopefully be solved in the Omega phase that is coming out. If the "pay to win" thing happens, I'm sure the game's popularity will go down. I really hope it doesn't.

< Message edited by hijinks -- 2/3/2013 23:31:44 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
2/3/2013 23:31:20   
ACW0

@DarkStar Actually Oversoul learned from AQW

In the original "glory days" of AQW that everyone talks about, AQW almost went bankrupt.
It saw that if it continued that way AE would go down with it.
So instead of going with a money cushion AQW first tried to go without it. Luckily they saved themselves.
Now of course they are doing fine, but Oversoul has learned from this! :)
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
2/3/2013 23:38:30   
BiasedBass

Chinese new year=snake chars
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 31
2/3/2013 23:38:50   
The Jop

I wish they would let us capture the boss forms of vergil's fiend, witchblade, and archlich instead of giving us much weaker versions. It makes the whole effort of getting it much less fruitful. If you can defeat a powerful enemy, I think you should an equally powerful character when you possess it. The whole concept of Oversoul was that you would be able to possess everything you encounter in battle, but you're not really possessing the same thing you fight in the cases of these bosses.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
2/3/2013 23:40:16   
ACW0

Aren't the SG versions being nerfed?
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
2/3/2013 23:41:19   
BiasedBass

Then no one would play PvP there must be a balance. I repeat MUST
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 34
2/3/2013 23:41:47   
The Jop

Rolith said they may got higher energy costs, but he did say they would keep the same cards. Anyway, the point of what I was saying is that I would be okay with overpowered enemies if players could actually get them through possession. Though at this point in the game all the boss characters would easily defeat everything else. I'm sure that'll change in the future; the developers will strive to top themselves in terms of powerful characters in the future.

< Message edited by thejop -- 2/3/2013 23:42:59 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
2/3/2013 23:42:20   
ACW0

But Rev quoted differently?
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
2/3/2013 23:42:23   
hijinks

Indeed, I don't play PvP much now because of facing...*shudders* the boss characters on a high level. x_x
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
2/3/2013 23:45:30   
The Jop

@ACW0
I can't find the tweet, could you link to it?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
2/3/2013 23:47:27   
ACW0

No both revs and roliths tweets were deleted D:
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
2/3/2013 23:48:42   
The Jop

Maybe that means Nulgath has different plans for the characters like taking them away and refunding the SGs.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
2/3/2013 23:48:59   
BiasedBass

If OP chars like vergill and witchblade (current forms) are in PvP then what's the point of a PvP centered game?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 41
2/3/2013 23:51:23   
Darkstardust1234

Yay. Level one again.
AQW  Post #: 42
2/3/2013 23:55:20   
Megadragonknight

@ACW0
Yes, you made a very good point.

I read the posts and saw that many forumites struggled with the 3 OP bossess and the only way to beat them is the boss version, PL, EG, VL. Since Nulgath really like balance, i am sure Nulgath will nerf the OP bossess soon and make the boss less OP but still challenging. Maybe around AI DarkonDrago, FT standard. The AI DD and FT are both very good example of being a challenge although they are not the boss.

Edit:
@above
Congratz on getting FC.

< Message edited by megaknighthero -- 2/3/2013 23:56:07 >
Post #: 43
2/4/2013 0:03:42   
Lemonus

o-o I didn't notice I left a battle between my FK and a Cellar Rat go unnoticed for half an hour or so. Then I was left with 20 HP when I checked.
DF AQW  Post #: 44
2/4/2013 0:17:24   
DarkLore

WOW! Managed to finally find a burn mage twice and he killed me both times! Another monster to hate! And he's not even a boss! Stupid fireballs!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
2/4/2013 1:21:18   
Lemonus

Whatever you do, don't use an SG e.e
DF AQW  Post #: 46
2/4/2013 1:36:28   
DarkLore

Not an issue. I ran out of those weeks ago.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
2/4/2013 1:43:22   
Lemonus

On the bright side: Bosses are free when you beat them :D (100% possess rate)

Oh, and no ranting about bosses currently being OP.

EDIT: Perfecting Iron Hide is very rewarding :D

< Message edited by Lemonus -- 2/4/2013 2:13:20 >
DF AQW  Post #: 48
2/4/2013 2:16:50   
Livingtime

3rd shadow acolyte since release, and still no burn mage ._. why are these so rare for me?

Ha! Just as I post, my first burn mage appears Didn't possess x.x

< Message edited by Livingtime -- 2/4/2013 2:19:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
2/4/2013 2:20:45   
Megadragonknight

Just started to train my PD after haven't used it for a long time. Man, i can't believe how strong PD is at a veretan rank. I am hoping for his master evolution soon. Maybe his master evolution will be the greenguard dragon or just green dragon. When he has his master evolution, i am going to train him to level 20 for sure and possibly make him one of my major shadow powerhouse since BD still triumph over PD.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread LXXXI - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 2 of 30«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition