Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Wrong audience

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Wrong audience
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/8/2013 19:06:05   
roborapter1493

Epicduel is starting to look like a game that shows some disturbing signs. People are starting to ask others "will you be my boyfriend in game?", "does this armor make me look fat?". Etc.

Is it just me or does it look like Epicduel is gathering a lot more people of younger ages not looking for a challenging pvp fight and actual Pvp'ing has become "optional"?

Sure I like my fair amount of Fame and I like chatting in world 7 Oz.

Dress-up game or Hardcore pvp?
The differences are becoming to obvious.

What do you think the future holds for Epicduel? Will Pvp'ing stay the main event, or are dress-up contests on their way??

Profanity, even in acronym form is not allowed. Do not use profanity on our forums. ~Eukara Vox, AE Forum Admin

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 2/9/2013 14:32:10 >

DF  Post #: 1
2/8/2013 19:08:42   
JDM

Pretty much every MMO is like this. You have the people who just chill around, and you have the people who focus entirely on the main focus of the game.

And plus, this is AE. AE usually attracts a lot of the younger audience.

< Message edited by JDM -- 2/8/2013 19:10:48 >
Epic  Post #: 2
2/8/2013 19:13:11   
the final hour
Banned

nah their has been massive changes too this game over the years i wish i couls say for the better. i think theyve been well intentioned but yeah alot of trainwrecks sadly. the worst things are often born out of good intentions.
Post #: 3
2/8/2013 19:56:24   
veneeria

quote:

Pretty much every MMO is like this. You have the people who just chill around, and you have the people who focus entirely on the main focus of the game.

And plus, this is AE. AE usually attracts a lot of the younger audience.

This!!

Dress-up games normally don't have a PvP / PvE gameplay side, so no.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/8/2013 19:59:49   
the final hour
Banned

^ this game is kinda all dress up now

< Message edited by the final hour -- 2/8/2013 20:12:27 >
Post #: 5
2/8/2013 20:02:54   
The Astral Fury

Veernia Just becasue dress up games USUALLY or NORMALLY don't have pvp dosen't mean a pvp game can't be one and the same thing if dress up games were usually pvp that dosen't mean they couldn't be pve.
DF AQW  Post #: 6
2/8/2013 20:03:35   
Assassin01

Does it really matter? Everyone plays for their own reasons and as long as you're satisfied with how your in game progress why bother taking on stuff like this.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
2/8/2013 20:10:41   
One Winged Angel1357

I would rather have people caring about how they look or something stupid like the BF comment than people throwing around insults like they are the only words they know. I could at least get a laugh out of the comical questions but people don't tend to yell at me when I get lucky because I apologize for it because I hate good luck
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
2/8/2013 21:39:23   
Fortitudo

Does my hat make me look like a moose lover from russia?
Epic  Post #: 9
2/8/2013 22:29:15   
willendorf

^ Nah, more like a moose lover from the Saskatchewan area of Canada...

But yes this game = dress up with some PvP , sadly :'(
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
2/8/2013 23:01:13   
Fortitudo

I like dressing up actually. My hat keeps my noggin cozy. xD
Epic  Post #: 11
2/8/2013 23:45:42   
ValkyrieKnight

I thought to myself that the player base overall is full of immature teenages as I keep being insulted because I use a high health build, I've always used it since I started in Delta and I'm not going to change now but for whatever reason people still feel the need to call me a noob for it. I got called a loser more times than I can count since Omega started and just yesterday this one guy kept trying to get me to sext with him *shrug*

Random question if I may, why do people hate you if you chat during battle?
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
2/9/2013 2:01:19   
Silver Sky Magician

I thought the worst of this was over during Gamma. Personally I haven't seen that many immature people around during my battles. One or two that get pretty upset when they get beaten, even if they get lucky and I don't, but overall, the problem isn't as bad as it was in Gamma. Besides, this is the Internet. We get our fair share of immature teens.

Just remember to report them immediately. On this note, the devs should clarify what the measures they take against harassers and other deviants are.
Post #: 13
2/9/2013 2:27:34   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

^ this game is kinda all dress up now

Its totally fine! Players considered about PvP, still does PvP and the one chill out, still does that ..

The only diff now is, you can choose "ANYTHING" you like ...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
2/9/2013 4:51:18   
nico0las

It's the same in AQW (last I logged in, some 6 months back). AE attracts a huge quantity of younger players, and these are perhaps not as... capable of strategic thought and choice making as
the older players, such as ourselves, with a huge portion of the player base being above the age of 16.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
2/9/2013 10:47:02   
Darkeroid

PvP with dress up factor. Just because all Items are the same doesn't make this a dress up game. And BF comments were WAY more back in Beta, before AE acquired ED. Or at least for me it was.

Epic  Post #: 16
2/9/2013 10:50:44   
Lycan.

People were complaining about balance before between non-var and var, but now that it is balanced they complain that it's a dress up game.
Epic  Post #: 17
2/9/2013 11:34:09   
Darkeroid

Exactly.
Epic  Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Wrong audience
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition