Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Raise the credit price of varium items

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Raise the credit price of varium items
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/9/2013 21:55:01   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

Also I don't forget this is a business, but as I stated before, unbalance also brings financial problems to ED because it makes supporters quit because the game no longer offers a stable battle mode.

I'm just saying that past 3 phases say otherwise.. <.< Also, it's not imbalance if Devs offered a way to upgrade weapon partially (either damage or stats) or maxing it out completely at higher cost. That is in NO way imbalance but lack of Credits, which you can farm and upgrade your item as you go along. If Credit items will be pitifully cheap, Varium will not be a good shortcut because Credits will be much better alternative, or rather the ratio will be really low that it won't be even worth being called a shortcut. As you said, this is business so Varium is MAIN source of profit. Credits are NOT.
AQ Epic  Post #: 26
2/9/2013 21:56:10   
Shaden

Not supported. Considering every item in game is able to be bought with varium due to omega's new purchasing system, this would render all items harder to obtain.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
2/9/2013 21:59:00   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@Deathguard
quote:

EVERYONE got a life, not all can farm those credits in a week, it would take them a lot of time, maybe more than a month and what if they don't have all weapons or armor? They won't stand a chance and won't be able to get such credits as easier as varium players can. You don't have to see it only from your perspective but from others also, life offers so many points of view so raising prices won't affect us good players, but what about recent players, or players still leveling up and without all the items needed for battle? What if they got few time to farm the credits and the current price are difficult for them? That's the flaw in your post, not everyone is in the same position as you.

you forgot that omega is about balance between items and in battle, you can fight just as well with a basic club, you talk as if that the non-vars needed the varium items or a full set consisting of awesome looking items in-order to compete, remember new players will get a free class armor and primary weapon in their inventory upon creating a character, a rusted weapon works just as well as the azrael's bane, in omega varium is basically a shortcut of getting a better look, so credit users can survive without any cool looking items, varium has already got the power/battle advantage removed, now varium only have the time advantage and the advantage of looks, but with the cheap credit price, it is not even worth to spend $10+ on something that you can get by doing 1-2 days of credit farming.

quote:

I'm just saying that past 3 phases say otherwise.. <.< Also, it's not imbalance if Devs offered a way to upgrade weapon partially (either damage or stats) or maxing it out completely at higher cost. That is in NO way imbalance but lack of Credits, which you can farm and upgrade your item as you go along. If Credit items will be pitifully cheap, Varium will not be a good shortcut because Credits will be much better alternative, or rather the ratio will be really low that it won't be even worth being called a shortcut. As you said, this is business so Varium is MAIN source of profit. Credits are NOT.

exactly, you can always farm for credits and you can beat a player at your level or above even with a not so good looking weapon.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 2/9/2013 22:02:06 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
2/9/2013 22:00:54   
the final hour
Banned

quote:

You say hardcore players can afford to do it, but no more than 3% of all the players of ED are hardcore players which is few taking in mind not all of them are supporters. It won't have a great impact in ED, and unbalance made many players quit in Delta, the same will happen in Omega if they accept this type of ideas since few nonvariums will play and only varium players will remain, meaning that they would stop buying varium since they would have chances to compete without it. The logic of raising credit price is flawed. If hardcore players would be the majority I would accept your reply but it isn't.

ok now to be more clear cause my obvious wasnt in my last post

will hardcore players buy varium when it gives no power advantage or no real speed advantage (not that thats enough to justify a hardcore player spending money when ulttimately they can get it free)?
hell no they wont when they can get it completely free in a couple of days

will a casual player buy varium ?
hell no why would they if their not playing much and it gives them absolutely 0 power advantage all they have to do is spend a hour or 2 farming when they are online and theyll get a full set in no time not to mention they can upgrade their basic gear to be as good as anything else.

the varium set up as it stands

are the none vars happy, ofcourse they are

are the variums, hell no

ill tell you something else the biggest online game of this era was city of heroes it shut down recently wanna know why cause it went from a p2p system to a system where what you previously had to pay for was all obtainable free.

and they had a far far larger player base it was the largest game in the world.
if they codnt make it profitable . what chance has ED got,city of heroes is now closed down

i hope ED back tracks fast before they meet the same fate
Post #: 29
2/9/2013 22:04:07   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above yep, with the fact that a level 1-5 item can be just as good as the level 30-35 seasonal rares.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
2/9/2013 22:08:46   
DeathGuard

quote:

The people who quit were non variums, those who don't support the game at all. Your argument is invalid.
lol back in delta, in the ACC/DIS threads many varium players complained about unbalance and saying the reasons why they quit so my argument isn't invalid.

quote:

I'm saying there will be unbalance because if nonvariums can't afford credits, the gap will increase once again, making the gap grow between them and making less players try to compete, leading to varium ruling over nonvarium once again and that isn't the point of Omega at all! Credits cause unbalance indirectly but still it counts. Credits aren't that easy to get now so saying it is cheap isn't a good point because most weapons now at lvl cap costs more than 20k credits.

The varium profit wouldn't disappear because new special cores would appear, future tournament tickets and many other varium features that will improve varium profit.

@Trizz and final hour: you continue with that false fact that in few days you can get a full set? As said before, not all players are hardcore and even hardcore players take a break because being in the comp without sleeping or resting would cause you several damage to your eyes and body, and probably a death.

quote:

will hardcore players buy varium when it gives no power advantage or no real speed advantage (not that thats enough to justify a hardcore player spending money when ulttimately they can get it free)?
hell no they wont when they can get it completely free in a couple of days

hell no why would they if their not playing much and it gives them absolutely 0 power advantage all they have to do is spend a hour or 2 farming when they are online and theyll get a full set in no time not to mention they can upgrade their basic gear to be as good as anything else.

the varium set up as it stands

are the none vars happy, ofcourse they are

are the variums, hell no

ill tell you something else the biggest online game of this era was city of heroes it shut down recently wanna know why cause it went from a p2p system to a system where what you previously had to pay for was all obtainable free.

and they had a far far larger player base it was the largest game in the world.
if they codnt make it profitable . what chance has ED got,city of heroes is now closed down

i hope ED back tracks fast before they meet the same fate
I'm a varium player myself and I'm happy so your argument is totally invalid. You can't reply and expect someone to believe your words because you're lying about the facts and I will continue taking your posts as jokes until you write true facts and not fool facts like:
quote:

Sure a player can get more than 100k credits in no less than 2 hours... give me a break dude. Not even you can believe it.

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 2/9/2013 22:15:59 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 31
2/9/2013 22:13:05   
the final hour
Banned

@death

would u rather have to work a bit harder to get things for free. and face variums with a tiny in battle advantage . which by no means made them unkillable .

or

play a game that has no future?
Post #: 32
2/9/2013 22:18:05   
One Winged Angel1357

As a friend of mine said in game. Items should be 100K you don't need to buy anything other than a gun and aux to compete you can just use you basic weapon and your basic armor forever and level them up as you go
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 33
2/9/2013 22:18:35   
TRizZzCENTRINO

quote:

I'm saying there will be unbalance because if nonvariums can't afford credits, the gap will increase once again, making the gap grow between them and making less players try to compete, leading to varium ruling over nonvarium once again and that isn't the point of Omega at all! Credits cause unbalance indirectly but still it counts. Credits aren't that easy to get now so saying it is cheap isn't a good point because most weapons now at lvl cap costs more than 20k credits.

The varium profit wouldn't disappear because new special cores would appear, future tournament tickets and many other varium features that will improve varium profit.

there is NPC farming, they are going to nerf NPCs by a bit, and there is alot of missions that awards you with credits, im sure anyone can get a full gear easily once they pass level 15, they can do just as well with a cheap and cheap looking gear, and new/exclusive skill cores won't help, im already somewhat disappointed with the skill core on the omega weapon, a easy to get credit core is even more useful and powerful than some cores on the promo weapons, and if the devs restrict most of the future tournament and features to varium players then im sure the non variums will complain alot more about it.

quote:

@Trizz and final hour: you continue with that false fact that in few days you can get a full set? As said before, not all players are hardcore and even hardcore players take a break because being in the comp without sleeping or resting would cause you several damage to your eyes and body, and probably a death.

when did i say a few days? i said a week to get full set, and 1-2 days to get a awesome looking varium item for credits. im already making more than 10k credits in the past hour due to mission reward and selling drops. credits are ridiculously easy to earn, most people say that its hard because they can't bear the thought of losing to someone once in a while to gain credits.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 2/9/2013 22:23:23 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
2/9/2013 22:23:01   
DeathGuard

@Trizz: try to farm 100k credits with npc. It would take you 100000/12= 8333 wins against any npc, do you really will fight all those battles? I think not. Not even hardcore players would take that challenge because it is useless, the smart players would rather risk themselves going in a true pvp fight and get more credits when losing that getting 12 miserable credits for beating npcs. You can only do missions once, and if you didn't notice, not all missions award a great amount of credits if their requirements aren't high.

quote:

@death

would u rather have to work a bit harder to get things for free. and face variums with a tiny in battle advantage . which by no means made them unkillable .

or

play a game that has no future?
I'd rather play a game that has no future but that I will enjoy playing while it lasts than to wait for it to die and wait for it to give me a good time playing it.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 35
2/9/2013 22:32:14   
TRizZzCENTRINO

quote:

@Trizz: try to farm 100k credits with npc. It would take you 100000/12= 8333 wins against any npc, do you really will fight all those battles? I think not. Not even hardcore players would take that challenge because it is useless, the smart players would rather risk themselves going in a true pvp fight and get more credits when losing that getting 12 miserable credits for beating npcs. You can only do missions once, and if you didn't notice, not all missions award a great amount of credits if their requirements aren't high.

@above and why would i do that? i would prefer to lose than farm a NPC for credits because NPCs are not much of a challenge to me, its my suggestion for those who are afraid to ruing their records during the process of gaining credits, 1k-2k credit reward from a mission is already more than enough, not to mention PVP drops, i currently have 3k credits and only 4 skill cores in total equipped on, does that mean im gonna be in trouble when they raise the level cap?(i have 2 varium BTW, not planning to get anymore) varium players and credit players are basically the same now, varium players only have better looking gear from the past and future promos, they are equal in power, a level 32 can pwn a level 35 or 34, i don't see how raising the credit price on used to be varium only items would be a bad thing.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
2/9/2013 22:41:38   
DeathGuard

@Trizz: Farming npcs isn't the solution, that was the point of my post.
quote:

i don't see how raising the credit price on used to be varium only items would be a bad thing.
For all the reasons I have stated and you've ignored.

quote:

when did i say a few days? i said a week to get full set, and 1-2 days to get a awesome looking varium item for credits. im already making more than 10k credits in the past hour due to mission reward and selling drops. credits are ridiculously easy to earn, most people say that its hard because they can't bear the thought of losing to someone once in a while to gain credits.
1week/7 days is few. In my early posts, I said looks don't count toward price... what counts is if they have special or if they were varium items in the past. Drops can't be counted now because they were removed. As for missions, once again I must repeat it: The missions that award high amounts of credits have high requirements, but how many missions award credits? From the new ones, I have only seen 4 which belong to the Yeti trainers and have a requirement of +150/+300 pvp wins. Missions can't be count as farming options since ED releases missions only when they are making a storyline/saga develop.

Another thing, if you knew that losing in a pvp fight is better than farming npcs, why did you suggest the idea? You're contradicting yourself.

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 2/9/2013 22:42:48 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 37
2/9/2013 22:52:07   
TRizZzCENTRINO

quote:

Another thing, if you knew that losing in a pvp fight is better than farming npcs, why did you suggest the idea? You're contradicting yourself.

this
quote:

its my suggestion for those who are afraid to ruing their records during the process of gaining credits

quote:

For all the reasons I have stated and you've ignored.

trans, mother1 and I already covered that, you didn't convince me that its a bad thing, if you feel fine for varium to be useless then im fine with it because its only your opinion, but would you think the majority of varium users would agree? and im speaking here for the majority of them because i know what they think by reading their posts in the past.

quote:

1week/7 days is few. In my early posts, I said looks don't count toward price... what counts is if they have special or if they were varium items in the past. Drops can't be counted now because they were removed. As for missions, once again I must repeat it: The missions that award high amounts of credits have high requirements, but how many missions award credits? From the new ones, I have only seen 4 which belong to the Yeti trainers and have a requirement of +150/+300 pvp wins. Missions can't be count as farming options since ED releases missions only when they are making a storyline/saga develop.

a few days to me means 2-3 days, a week is a week, not a few days, also they are adding PVP drops eventually and other ways to gain credits soon, its not like this suggestion is going to be implemented right now, im doing pvp and i lose 45% of the time, but im still gaining credits fast, i don't see any problem apart from those that are afraid of losing once in a while.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
2/9/2013 23:03:30   
DeathGuard

@Trizz: You didn't cover my points neither mother1 and final hour. I'd say Trans was the only one who really read my posts and took time to think about them. So my reasons stand still.
The record isn't all trizzcentrino, it is an empty information with numbers about the fights you've fought and that's what people who care about their records should understand but it seems you do understand but other players don't and that creates this problem.

quote:

if you feel fine for varium to be useless then im fine with it because its only your opinion, but would you think the majority of varium users would agree? and im speaking here for the majority of them because i know what they think by reading their posts in the past.
As stated before, new features along with variety of promos will come by and varium will be used again with intensity and that shows I don't think varium is useless, neither it will be useless in the future because it will still be a shortcut. As a dedicated varium player, I have met several varium players who share my opinion so I also talk in behalf of them, we just differ from points of view, and own experiences.

You may think raising credit prices will bring more advantages, but it my opinion it will bring more disadvantages, that's to resume the thread in few words.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 39
2/9/2013 23:18:37   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above bringing more fair advantages for varium users, giving them a motivation to buy varium again that is, you think its not a big problem but it is for the game, anyways im sure the devs will work something out to increase their profits, and it would probably include increased credit prices on future items.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
2/9/2013 23:28:17   
DeathGuard

^Not talking specifically, talking in general about disadvantages, it will have many consequences and I hope they don't really take in mind this idea, I'm telling you will regret this.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 41
2/9/2013 23:32:41   
TRizZzCENTRINO

we shall see, i have thought it through before i suggested this.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
2/9/2013 23:35:45   
UnderSoul

As much as I hate the idea, I support it due to balance. Ed does have a strong varium bias, but even with a price hike credits will have a good balance of importance with varium. Also, am I the only one who gets a bit starstruck seeing Trizzz after the Omega Obliterators?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
2/9/2013 23:38:29   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above why do you feel that way?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
2/9/2013 23:40:44   
Mother1

@ deathguard

I read your original post. What trizz was talking about was the prices for the "Old" varium only items not all items. If it was for all items then I could agree with you since increasing the prices off all items would hurt everyone. However this idea is only for the old varium only items not everything.

Plus with every item having the same power what would be the harm in all honestly. You can stick with the same item from level 1 to the level cap power that item up to the max level and never buy another new item again once you buy your first set of gear.

What you are truly paying for is art now unless that item has a special core which most varium gear doesn't have.

Epic  Post #: 45
2/9/2013 23:42:07   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above thanks for explaining that to him for me :D im too lazy to do it in detail.

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 2/9/2013 23:45:43 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
2/9/2013 23:46:45   
UnderSoul

@Trizzz Doesn't take much to extremely impress me, and that was plenty enough to do so. Odlly enough I get starstruck around players all the time yet chat with staff on a daily basis.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
2/9/2013 23:52:07   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@above oh i see :D
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
2/10/2013 12:09:39   
Warmaker04

Not supported. This will make the game very harder for non var players , and only for people who * PAID * will be easier.
The yeti which is var item is already too expensive. the starter stuff is already too expensive.
i`m sorry but i cant support that.
AQW Epic  Post #: 49
2/10/2013 12:47:06   
willendorf

^ Oh no! The ONLY advantage varium player get is a slight shortcut. Without us there wouldn't be a game for you free players to play. 150k for level cap items. You can just level up your basic items or buy varium.
AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Raise the credit price of varium items
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition