Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= What does AQ Mean to you Contest Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> =AQ= What does AQ Mean to you Contest Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1512345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/19/2013 17:02:13   
Falerin
Loremaster/AQ Story Writer

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Hollow

For over a decade AdventureQuest has been sharing its stories with the world. Well now it’s your turn! Did AQ help you through a difficult period, allay the crushing weight of boredom, bring meaning to your life, or help you form an unhealthy obsession for undead? Well we, and the rest of the world, would like to know.

Using the social networking site of your choice (twitter, facebook, g+, linkedin etc…) compose a post entitled “What AdventureQuest means to me” and share your story. Please do not post your story here, provide us with a direct link here to your entry only. For the author of the finest testimonial we are reserving the finest of prizes, be immortalized in Game as an NPC, with an in-game event and story written by Falerin himself!

This contest will end 3/31/2013 and winner announced shortly after. So dust off your thinking caps and get to work because you cannot win if you do not enter! If we get enough good responses we may even award some additional prizes at our discretion. Share your story, help shape the future of AQ, and be immortalized for all time. Pretty Sweet Right?

Use this thread for for discussion of the contest. Submissions go in the other thread.

< Message edited by The Hollow -- 7/11/2013 14:04:06 >
Post #: 1
2/19/2013 17:02:49   
ArchMagus Orodalf

Ah. Thanks, Fal.

Oh... He moved it to DNs. Where do the entries go, then?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/19/2013 17:06:33   
Heroes of the Scape

I believe you would just post the link here. Ignore this

< Message edited by Heroes of the Scape -- 2/19/2013 18:31:28 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
2/19/2013 17:07:35   
ArchMagus Orodalf

There we go (x2). Can you sticky the other thread, Fal?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/19/2013 17:09:24   
Heroes of the Scape

I know exactly what I am going to write. It was a very dark time in my life.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
2/19/2013 17:13:37   
Baron Dante

How would something like Twitter work, being how the messages are rather limited? (Sure, one could use something like TwitLonger I s'pose, but that's an external app, so it's ultimately little more than linking a long post to Twitter.)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/19/2013 17:16:48   
Heroes of the Scape

@Baron: My guess would be 160 characters at a time. (And be very careful )

EDIT: @Fal or other Staff: Is there a length limit to the story, and is formatting important?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
2/19/2013 17:21:36   
Falerin

Heh twitter would indeed be kind of limiting without using twitlonger. Twitlonger is however an option if you do select twitter as your method of choice. Were it myself I think I would use one of the other social networking sites instead but we did not want to limit your options.

Formatting is not mission critical but, if two posts are of equal quality and one is using easy to read formatting and is easy to follow and one is not, guess which will likely be chosen?
Post #: 8
2/19/2013 17:22:09   
Heroes of the Scape

Sounds good to me.

EDIT: It will be fun to see what the other Forum players saw in this game and why they keep coming back.

EDIT2:@Below: Mine too. If they use our Forum name it could get interesting if I win. Considering that my Forum name is plural.

< Message edited by Heroes of the Scape -- 2/19/2013 17:25:30 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
2/19/2013 17:23:42   
Eschaton Thunder

quote:

For the author of the finest testimonial we are reserving the finest of prizes, be immortalized in Game as an NPC, with an in-game event and story written by Falerin himself!

Hmmm... I wonder how Falerin would write my character if I were the winner?

AQ  Post #: 10
2/19/2013 17:24:11   
Falerin

There is no length limit. I will tell you what I tell my students, be as long as you feel you need to, to express what you need to express, and neither shorter or longer than that.

@Eschaton: Likely what will happen is once a winner is selected we will contact you for some details of character appearance and a basic back story and then the developers will run with it trying to accommodate. The canon however will not be altered. So you tell me what that would look like? If your NPC were to insist on his position I would write him true to that form but the results of that insistence might be less than pretty. Your NPC will be accurately portrayed and so will everyone's response to that NPC and its attitudes.

< Message edited by Falerin -- 2/19/2013 17:28:52 >
Post #: 11
2/19/2013 17:27:41   
Kalle29

I'm not into social media very much, is there any site that has no, or a generous limit on the number of characters that can be used, not counting facebook?
AQ  Post #: 12
2/19/2013 17:28:22   
battlesiege15

wait if we do it through facebook, can people see it without any friend requests?

And I sorta have a game-purpose only facebook so I guess I'll just use that in case people do need to friend me lol
AQ AQW  Post #: 13
2/19/2013 17:28:52   
Heroes of the Scape

@Kalle: MySpace and Google+ both offer a good amount of characters that you could use.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
2/19/2013 17:30:04   
Kalle29

@HotS Thank you
AQ  Post #: 15
2/19/2013 17:31:07   
Dreiko Shadrack

I'll pass on this.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
2/19/2013 17:31:50   
UnderSoul

Knowing Eschaton, I really do not want his NPC anywhere near me...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
2/19/2013 17:33:07   
Eschaton Thunder

Thanks Fal.

*Gives UnderSoul a hug.*

AQ  Post #: 18
2/19/2013 17:34:08   
UnderSoul

@Eschaton That... was the last thing I expected...

If anyone needs me, I'll be backing away slowly now...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
2/19/2013 18:02:38   
Heroes of the Scape

@hellblade: If you see this I would like to let you know that I have read your post. First off, Thank you for sharing this with us. I know that it is not always the easiest thing to do. Second, Your friend must have meant a lot to you. I am deeply sorry for your loss. Lastly, I have had the pleasure of (somewhat) getting to know you a little bit during the NvP war in the treads and I can tell you have deep devotion to everything. Keep that fire burning in your heart and I know you will accomplish great things.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 20
2/19/2013 18:13:44   
hellblade124

@HotS-- thx i appreciate that

quite often truth is stranger than fiction
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 21
2/19/2013 18:19:37   
UnderSoul

@hellblade After reading your story, you are certainly worthy of victory, though I can not really tell at this point and I hope that I win when i enter. I almost regret not being able to give you more than a signature.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
2/19/2013 18:20:48   
hellblade124

its all good undersoul aslong as both of us are still around the necrolegion lives on right lol
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 23
2/19/2013 18:45:21   
Mordred

Oh my... Where do I even begin with this? There's so much about AQ that was a first for me...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 24
2/19/2013 18:48:49   
Razen

Well, my entry makes two...so, best of luck to me and hellblade124...and obviously to future entry-makers! *Cough* Lies, I need that luck! *Cough*

@Mordy: Well, I hope that you can think of something...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> =AQ= What does AQ Mean to you Contest Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 1512345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition