Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= What does AQ Mean to you Contest Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> RE: =AQ= What does AQ Mean to you Contest Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 15«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/19/2013 22:25:05   
The Gambler

*Eats a bit of popcorn* Interesting, interesting...

A truly evil character, with a cliche redemption quality to prove his humanity. Hmm...kind of vanilla, that.

I wonder what Scorpio would be like...
AQ  Post #: 51
2/19/2013 22:25:30   
UnderSoul

@Winter It all makes sense now! The person who so fervently supported the Paladins, would be evil!

I'm thinking of using twitlonger, but I may change my mind...

@Gambler One word: Honour! I'll probably think of a bit more later.

< Message edited by UnderSoul -- 2/19/2013 22:28:43 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
2/19/2013 22:26:50   
The Winter Knight

Yep, but that is the only line he has, and it's mainly there simply because I myself get filled with righteous rage at the abuse of children and I can not bring myself to not put that line there, otherwise, he would have no sign of a conscience anywhere.
AQ AQW  Post #: 53
2/19/2013 22:29:24   
hellblade124

Undersoul, while you have my respect and friendship, i must win this for my friend that has passed, this is not a win for me but a win for him if i get this

quite often truth is stranger than fiction
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 54
2/19/2013 22:30:42   
The Gambler

I suppose it's fitting for a game like AQ.

And US...honor, huh? With the Necromancer order gone, I would suspect that under that ideal you would turn to a samurai persuasion. I think you'd be a little too rigid to be a ronin, though, which would be a lot more interesting, I feel.

Except for the fact that in true Feudal Japan history, the samurai held honor no more highly than the knights of Dark Ages Europe did. Like knights, samurai were simple thugs that were all but allowed free reign. In fact, ninjas came into existence from the peasant class solely to combat the samurai abusers, just as the Pope in Dark Ages Europe felt he had to intervene to leash the knights.

So what kind of character would you be? What kind of character...
AQ  Post #: 55
2/19/2013 22:31:02   
Razen

@The Winter Knight: In total...I would guess that it will end off with 20-30 entries. Give or take some.

...so, that would give about a 5%-3.3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333% chance. Which...isn't that bad compared to most contests. But I could be entirely off.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
2/19/2013 22:36:27   
UnderSoul

@hellblade I understand.

@Gambler Samurai may not have actually held to and followed a good code of honour, but they definitely belived in it. In fact, if a Daimyo said that a certain Samurai had no honour, that Samurai would kill himself on the spot.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
2/19/2013 22:39:56   
The Gambler

To a degree. But humans are humans.

Still, how many here would find it more interesting if the character picked was a ronin?

Or would you want to go straight to the top and become a shogun if you went the samurai style route, US?
AQ  Post #: 58
2/19/2013 22:44:34   
UnderSoul

@Gambler A ronin would be interesting. Well, unless you mean an unemployed worker. Me as a shogun, hmm....
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
2/19/2013 22:46:46   
hellblade124

im not going in the samurai route at all im going in a spellsword or poleaxe based way for my npc hopefully , as of appearence i want my character to be on the taller side but really muscular cause you gotta have a strong upper body weilding a pole axe or a claymore which is one of the swords my spellsword RP uses
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 60
2/19/2013 22:49:23   
The Gambler

quote:

@Gambler A ronin would be interesting. Well, unless you mean an unemployed worker. Me as a shogun, hmm....

No no. I mean a real ronin. Samurai with no shogun.

Hmm. That's an interesting route hellblade is thinking of. To be honest, I think it would be cool to see more polearm type characters as well, just because there really aren't that many. Polearms aren't as cool of weapons as whips, I feel, but that's personal opinion, and I think there's too many swords around already with the NPCs. Swords and staves both.
AQ  Post #: 61
2/19/2013 22:50:26   
Heroes of the Scape

I am curious if they will let us use an image of our NPC as our forum avatar. Even with just a Member title.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 62
2/19/2013 22:52:07   
hellblade124

that would be amazing
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 63
2/19/2013 22:54:58   
The Gambler

Well, I really wouldn't see why not. After all, they'd have the art for it already on hand, making it into an NPC.

Then again, there's not an avatar available for every NPC in the game, either. *sigh* Abide the time until they throw one of up NMQ...
AQ  Post #: 64
2/19/2013 22:55:20   
UnderSoul

Yes, yes it would.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
2/19/2013 22:56:19   
Heroes of the Scape

The reason I am wondering is because usually custom avatars are reserved for those with a Friendly! or equivalent title and above.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 66
2/19/2013 22:57:52   
UnderSoul

It wouldn't have to be custom. It's AE related, so it could qualify as a real avatar.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 67
2/19/2013 22:58:03   
The Gambler

I think it can happen with contest winners as well. Or at least a custom title can.
AQ  Post #: 68
2/19/2013 22:58:17   
neo_manni

Falerin can I make it nice a short I want mine to be snappy but phuntastic at the same time. I know I got something but it isn't gonna be as big as an essay.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 69
2/19/2013 22:59:25   
The Gambler

With terms like that, manni, your NPC would be dressed in gaudy polka-dots and an orange and pink top hat.
AQ  Post #: 70
2/19/2013 23:04:59   
Mordred

I have no idea what I'd want in an NPC or quest if I were to win. I know that'd I'd want the NPC to look a certain way, and appear elven in origin, but little else other than that. :P

Yeah, gonna submit via g+. Made just for this contest. Not sure when, but... w/e.

Is it just me, or is this contest significantly longer than most? This is a month and a half, give or take. I'd imagine that it's to give everyone a good, long chance to work on something true to their heart and self, or even to give new players introduced by the Refer-A-Friend Challenge a chance to throw their hand in as well.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 71
2/19/2013 23:09:55   
The Gambler

Elven in origin...

We don't have any real, actual dark elves, do we?
AQ  Post #: 72
2/19/2013 23:13:03   
hellblade124

being a drow has always appealed to me lol
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 73
2/19/2013 23:14:06   
The Gambler

Yeah, but you'd be no Drizzt.
AQ  Post #: 74
2/19/2013 23:14:18   
Falerin
Loremaster/AQ Story Writer

I am quite sure that the winner can have his NPC as an avatar eventually. Making an avatar of an NPC is trivial and any NPC is eligible for it.

The contest is long for several reasons. We want people to have time and not feel rushed. It ends the contest neatly on a weekend. And the stakes of the contest are quite high so we want to give everyone a fair shot to enter. Some people may be on a break or hiatus right now.
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> RE: =AQ= What does AQ Mean to you Contest Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 15«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition