Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= "Parker! Get me pictures of Omega!" Contest Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> =ED= "Parker! Get me pictures of Omega!" Contest Discussion
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/19/2013 20:27:39   
stratos

Use this thread to discuss ED's latest contest. You can read over the rules and submit an entry here.

Please keep discussion in this thread relevant to the contest itself.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
2/19/2013 23:16:46   
Vypie

I have some questions about the images

Does they have to show fully show the whole epicduel screen? Can it be a zoomed part of the screen as long as they fit the size requirements?

Do they have to show something new from Omega, or just the present epicduel as it is right now? (can we screenshot something that is not about omega, but still exists even though it is older?)

Thanks!
Epic  Post #: 2
2/19/2013 23:21:11   
SMGS

Can't address the first question, but can on the second question. So yes, basically anything present in the game right now can and will fit the requirements. For example, you could take a picture from your Faction HQ and it would fit the requirement. The wording of the contest is that way due to changes - both major and minor - to most features over the years.

@below: I actually knew what you meant, I have no idea what the answer is. :P

< Message edited by SMGS -- 2/19/2013 23:35:40 >
Post #: 3
2/19/2013 23:32:26   
Vypie

Thanks!

Let me rephrase the first question. Being flash images, they don't suffer from pixelization when zoomed in. This means we can Zoom in the browser window to make the epicduel screen bigger, without compromising it's quality.

Taking a screenshot would get you, of course, a bigger image than the original size. I am asking if we can just represent part of that image, in a 900x600 size.
An example could be a zoom-in of the Meteor strike, or a zoom of the Core/upgrade menu.

...Or must it be an image showing the FULL screen?
Epic  Post #: 4
2/20/2013 11:00:47   
SouL Prisoner

I am focusing more on showing what Omega has to offer in my Images ...

Just hoping Dev's would like it :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/20/2013 18:20:42   
Samurai_ED

quote:

This Friday we will also be doing a database sweep, cleaning out thousands of characters that are over a year old, level 1, and never upgraded. We cannot reserve a name for anyone in advance so be ready to login Friday as soon as the release goes live to claim your name!
When we were submitting our screenshot entries, We post our EpicDuel name: ______ If we change our name on the release do we edit the previous posts with our new name?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/20/2013 19:57:47   
SMGS

The developers can keep track of name changes, it shouldn't be an issue. There aren't any rules barring you from editing your post in this contest, though. If you wish to edit in your new name, go ahead.
Post #: 7
2/21/2013 6:04:58   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

For the contest; are we aloud to use different characters for screen shots?

Say If I want 'Sir Hulk' to get the contest prize, Do I have to use 'Sir Hulk' in the pictures or can I use my other profiles?
Epic  Post #: 8
2/21/2013 10:30:46   
Oba

Lol why not just close the contest already. People only submit screenshots of things that already have been submitted 10 times. And that leads me to the next question; If say 10 players have submitted basically a screenshot if the same thing (say the yeti special attack) and the devs decide to use a screenshot of the yeti special, how do they pick the "winner"? The one who submitted the screenshot first, or just random?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
2/21/2013 18:25:43   
Exploding Penguin

games are cool I guess
EpicDuel

@oba: I think that the devs would probably select a picture which follows most or all of these things:

-The picture is cropped right (900x600)
-The picture looks nice and well-presented
-The picture displays the function(s)/feature(s) of Omega well

In the end, there probably will be a few similar pictures which will have to be debated on, but I think that this can be easily remedied by a vote by staff members.
Epic  Post #: 10
2/21/2013 20:03:02   
xGreen Warriorx

Its going to take the devs forever to look through all of the screenshots... After only 3 days of the contest the screenshot thread is 6 pages long.

Edit: 8 pages going on 9 now.

< Message edited by xGreen Warriorx -- 2/23/2013 16:24:04 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
2/22/2013 0:34:03   
NDB

quote:

Lol why not just close the contest already. People only submit screenshots of things that already have been submitted 10 times.

Ikr. That's why I try to be creative. I hate those people who take random pictures of attacks an think they're so cool when anybody can do it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
2/22/2013 8:58:53   
Smackie El Frog

YEah but NDB you can only be so creative in a very repetitive PVP game. Also, if someone see's a creative picture submitted they can easily go and recreate it and submit it and theirs could be possibly chosen over the originals. Should be interesting how this pans out! I can also see two 30 page threads in week or two

< Message edited by Smackie El Frog -- 2/22/2013 8:59:21 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
2/23/2013 10:25:47   
Glyos

I just posted a ton tell me what you think :) special thanks to snagit for the help :P
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
2/25/2013 16:59:54   
houtny

What exactly does nightwraith mean when he said to pre crop the image to 900x600? I thought editing the image would get it DQ'd.

Auxiliator_ED
Always Here To Help!
Epic  Post #: 15
2/26/2013 18:13:20   
Glyos

those dimensions are the size of the ed screen he meeans cut out the rest of the screen or in my case I used snagit and set it to only take image of the game screen
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 16
2/26/2013 20:30:13   
Samurai_ED

If we just take a screenshot of the whole screen will we be disqualified?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
2/27/2013 14:23:15   
Yo son

how do I get my image to show bigger? I see larger images from people that are using the same upload site as me.
Post #: 18
3/9/2013 19:27:20   
AssassinOrd3r

name: JhonTrollsten
some robot power: http://twitpic.com/ca1dkj
Epic  Post #: 19
3/10/2013 13:26:55   
Sir Caden

I believe this is relevant I've changed my name to W H I T E H O U N D so when you are (probably giving me a cheevo for the contest) you know the account to put it on its because i changed my name-Just Saying

So my name on Epicduel right now is W H I T E H O U N D

Before it was Sir Caden

Its the same character
Epic  Post #: 20
3/19/2013 11:20:30   
bountysai

who are winners?
Epic  Post #: 21
3/19/2013 15:48:54   
Oba

I have changed name. All submissions made by me with the name "ColdNightmare" should now be "The Handyman" instead.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 22
3/19/2013 18:38:52   
SMGS

@Samurai_ED:

The wording suggests it is only ideal to crop to 900x600, but not necessary. Under that assumption, anything bigger (ie. your whole computer screen) should be fine and could likely be cropped by the game staff themselves.

@Sir Caden/Oba:

Name changes can be tracked by developers, so no need to worry about not getting awarded correctly if you name change.

@bountysai:

You'll likely have to wait a few days or weeks for the contest judges to go through all the entries before they announce winners. Keep in mind this contest has only ended about a day ago.

< Message edited by SMGS -- 3/19/2013 18:39:16 >
Post #: 23
3/24/2013 13:23:53   
intelictual sabio

este jogo muito, muito bom, o melhor
Post #: 24
4/6/2013 23:13:28   
Sesura

Congratulations to winners. :)
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> =ED= "Parker! Get me pictures of Omega!" Contest Discussion
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition