Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Name Change

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Name Change
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/25/2013 12:05:23   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

I have the greatest...... the best......... the ugliest IDEA.

You see all the alpha players right?
That haven't played for 2/3 years right?

If they haven't played for 2/3 years then couldn't we change our name to their name, and they take our old name?
THIS INCLUDES ALL ALPHA PLAYERS FROM LVL 1-30 THAT HAVEN'T PLAYED FOR 2/3 YEARS (UNLIKELY PLAY)

And the name will still be reserved because if you change it back to your old name, the alpha player goes back to it 'old' old name (no achievement for alpha player just cause the name hasn't be payed for).

etc.

''Pandemic''---->''name change''----->''2/3 years unactive Alpha player name''---->''No achievement (Master of disguise)''------>''Pandemic into Epidemic''

It wont effect the game on the alpha player since the character won't be deleted.

P.S.
COST THE VARIUM AMOUNT OF A NAME CHANGE+EXTRA VAT SINCE SWAPPING A NAME

< Message edited by The Incredible Hulk -- 2/25/2013 13:50:25 >
Epic  Post #: 1
2/25/2013 12:13:05   
Melbourne

You reaaaaally want that name don't ya? ;)
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/25/2013 12:14:42   
J.U.S.T.I.C.E.

Not supported, would overload servers therefore game would crash at-least once a week
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
2/25/2013 12:19:03   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

NW said that this a small file for a name change. Won't lag the game that much how ever tournaments lag the game.

SO YOU ARE WRONG.
Epic  Post #: 4
2/25/2013 12:21:49   
Melbourne

Also I support if it won't affect Lag, Swapping names wouldn't be too bad, maybe if there related in some way? I dunno... Support non the less!
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/25/2013 12:32:35   
SouL Prisoner

I support this ...

I agree that accounts like alpha should not be deleted, but at least we could have their names ..

Current players are the future of ED, not alpha :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/25/2013 12:37:16   
Basicball

Hiyas The Incredible Hulk,

I do not support this. You could easily impersonate an Older player who quit.
In addition, the players might return, only to find their name stolen, which would make them quit again.

Lastly, you could troll these players tremendously by changing your name to an obscure, embarrassing or rude name, and then switching your names.

Sincerely,
~ Basicball

< Message edited by Basicball -- 2/25/2013 12:39:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
2/25/2013 12:46:48   
SouL Prisoner

I do agree with basic, but i think some limitations could help ...

Like this idea only works with alpha players, account inactive for more than 2 years ..
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
2/25/2013 12:50:48   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

@Basic ball

I'm talking about Alpha players only, not any other old players

How could I troll the player. I just want Hulk, nothing to ask for. Its not a troll name either. The guy ( Hulk) hasn't been on for 2/3 years. How I know is I've been looking at this char since the character pages came out (still level 25).

Why would someone want to switch name over and over again? It cost 1200+ varium you know. If someone kept switching, there varium would be completely be finished

And How can these players return? since they have not logged on for 2/3 years.
They could either be banned, not wanting to play or might have got disabled.

Btw, I never seen someone trolling a name before ;) Name me one if you have seen a person troll with a name.

P.S.

Asked all my friends, they never heard of it.

< Message edited by The Incredible Hulk -- 2/25/2013 13:01:21 >
Epic  Post #: 9
2/25/2013 13:40:40   
Basicball

Hiyas The Incredible Hulk,

allow me to respond to some points:

quote:

I'm talking about Alpha players only, not any other old players

How is a 2 year inactive inactive alpha player any different than a 2 year inactive beta player?

quote:

How could I troll the player. I just want Hulk, nothing to ask for. Its not a troll name either.

You're only looking at your own case. The fact, however, is that you're requesting a feature, that can be used by anyone, at any time. therefor, you have to look at the bigger picture.

quote:

Why would someone want to switch name over and over again?

You underestimate some players' trolling and griefing capabilities.

quote:

And How can these players return? since they have not logged on for 2/3 years.

There are plenty of people who returned after an excessively long period of inactiveness.

quote:

They could either be banned, not wanting to play or might have got disabled.

Similar to above, there are cases of people who were unbanned/enabled after over a year already, there's no reason to believe that this won't be the case for longer periods of time in the future.

quote:

Btw, I never seen someone trolling a name before ;) Name me one if you have seen a person troll with a name.

I would, but I'd be breaking forum rules. In addition, you're only looking at names that troll others, there's also names that troll the players themselves, like "I'm a(n) X".

Sincerely,
~ Basicball
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
2/25/2013 13:52:48   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

quote:

I would, but I'd be breaking forum rules. In addition, you're only looking at names that troll others, there's also names that troll the players themselves, like "I'm a(n) X".

Ok I agree with the 1st point.

quote:

''Pandemic''---->''name change''----->''2/3 years unactive Alpha player name''---->''No achievement (Master of disguise)''------>''Pandemic into Epidemic''

I'll start using other names from now on, if I make a thread on name changes.
Epic  Post #: 11
2/25/2013 17:59:50   
LeProTurtle

Maybe not the higher leveled people, whom might start playing again, but I do agree with the lvl 1 people with the names you want. Most of those people havent played for probably 1-2 yrs.
Epic  Post #: 12
2/25/2013 20:07:00   
Mother1

Not supported in the least for the reasons basicball stated. We already got enough annoying trolls in game ruining 2 vs 2. We don't need more posing as other people they aren't.
Epic  Post #: 13
2/25/2013 20:21:50   
ED Prince of Shadows

While I really want a certain name, Basicball makes a very good point.
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
2/26/2013 11:13:10   
Basicball

Hiyas LeProTurtle,

you realize that here are database sweeps that remove lvl 1 accounts, right? (like the one last week)

Sincerely,
Basicball
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
2/26/2013 13:15:10   
zion

It is ridiculous that level 1 alpha players with no wins keep their accounts and names. There are so many dead accounts with great names just because they made their char in alpha! They never supported the game and never played it -> delete them already!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
2/26/2013 13:26:03   
Mother1

@ zion

But they have those ultra rare items, and for that soul reason they won't delete them because if they did come back they would never be able to get those items ever again. It is not because they were from alpha, but because they own those ultra rare items.
Epic  Post #: 17
2/26/2013 13:52:27   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

quote:

But they have those ultra rare items

The suggestion is to take their names, not their items or account -.-
Epic  Post #: 18
2/26/2013 14:49:13   
Basicball

Hiyas people between my last post and this one,

allow me to add some quotes, that go with my last post:
quote:

Lycus
@LycusAE
Update is live! 5,000,000+ names have been made available from old character clear out!
1:32am · 23 Feb 13 · web

quote:

A huge number of names on old characters have been opened for use, if there's a name you've wanted, check and see if it's now available!

Sincerely,
~ Basicball
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
2/26/2013 15:16:02   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

^^

Half of those names I think are ''troll'' names

etc.

Random stuff like:

abc123
a213d

You get what I mean. Just random names. If only I saw what was available but its impossible to show those 5,000,000 names.
Epic  Post #: 20
2/26/2013 15:26:22   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

blue
yellow
gold
silver
purple
black

And thats only half the colors i checked...
all taken
Epic  Post #: 21
2/26/2013 15:29:37   
Mother1

@ zeph

In order to take the names they have to remove the accounts remember since the names they hold are linked to those accounts.

Also

Black, yellow, gold, silver, purple, and blue all have wins. 1 win no matter how old the account is excludes them from deletion.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 2/26/2013 15:33:50 >
Epic  Post #: 22
2/26/2013 22:30:11   
Blaze The Aion Ender

Supported!
But only until level 3, since that's usually when people quit
Otherwise, nope
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
2/27/2013 8:42:05   
Stabilis

This idea is way too complex. "Swapping" names?
AQ Epic  Post #: 24
2/27/2013 11:37:52   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

It might not be complex-ed for the devs. You'll never know
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Name Change
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition