Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(AQ) What AQ means to me.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> The Contest Reservoir >> (AQ) What AQ means to me.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/27/2013 16:18:36   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

Well, where shall I start? It all began with an advertisement for an online RPG that kept popping up. Back in those days I clicked pretty much every link that looked interesting. There were quite a few, but the webpage of AdventureQuest was really inviting. I found myself returning to that webpage for several months until I finally decided to make an account. It did not fail to meet my expectations.

Naturally I didn't understand much of the storyline which was going on at the time, seeing the Carnax Saga was almost over already. In the months that followed I discovered the forums and I began writing (and drawing) up all sorts of quests, monsters and other ideas that came into being. It was a thing I did in my spare time, writing down my ideas the minute they formed. I also remember clicking that refreshing button over and over again as to finally back into that magical world filled with places to explore and monsters to defeat.

It was something to socialize over with a friend I had back in the day. While I sadly don't have a contact with him anymore I thank AQ for strenthening that friendship. I discussed a lot of ideas I had with this person and we played the game together on occasions.

The problem was, I couldn't post those ideas and it was disheartening to have all those things written down without any means to post them. Finally, after a long time I made this very account and began posting in the AQ suggestions forum where I spent most of my time here and remained for a very long time. The thing is, back then there wasn't as much feedback from staff as there is today and I began to explore outside of my known territory.

So I found Dragonfable, both it and AdventureQuest's General Discussion and got more active in those areas. For many years I looked forward with great anticipation to Design Notes and Newsletters, becoming part of my daily routine just like one reads the newspaper. The first thing I started the weekends with was with the weekly release, after an awesome build-up as the grand finale.

During the years that followed I met some great warmongers, chatted and debated with some awesome people and had this wonderful oasis on the internet I hadn't dared to think existed outside of my wildest imaginations and dreams.

AQ really made me interested in designing and writing quests and storylines just like I am currently engrossed with the storylines set up by AQ back then and if I have anything to say about it then I will continue to do so for many years to come.

~DD
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> The Contest Reservoir >> (AQ) What AQ means to me.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition