Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Patch Notes - 1.5.4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Patch Notes - 1.5.4
Page 7 of 7«<34567
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/3/2013 18:19:49   
ReconnaisX

@Thylek Shran
Venom Strike has been needing a buff ever since Poison Grenade came out.
I agree, Blood Lust was good as it was, it didn't need a buff.

IDK about the other two ideas.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 151
3/4/2013 0:11:18   
ansh0

Can you please buff the bloody TM class? There absolutely no way to win.

Focus is outclassed. Tech is useless. Dex is weak.
Epic  Post #: 152
3/4/2013 0:19:50   
ReconnaisX

@ansh0
Focus is outclassed? How?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 153
3/4/2013 0:26:57   
ansh0

BH can EMP stall/heal loop/ dish damage better with 5 focus.

CH is pretty much the same, but even more held loop.

TLM, heal loop.

Epic  Post #: 154
3/4/2013 0:38:07   
rayniedays56

quote:

BH can EMP stall/heal loop/ dish damage better with 5 focus.

EMP requires EP, Field Medic Requires EP, most skills need decent EP. Therefor their Looping is very well decimated.

quote:

CH is pretty much the same, but even more held loop.

As said before with BH, this requires a lot of EP. And you saying they can gain EP back? Bull. The CH's I see use a level 1 Static Charge, and even IF it was maxed,they would gain 8 EP back at best.

quote:

TLM, heal loop.

This I agree with PARTLY. They can heal massively while having nice defenses. However, they have NO debuff, which balances it.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 155
3/4/2013 0:49:03   
ansh0

EMP hardly takes any energy.

Not to forget generator.

2 EMP's+1 Lv5 Field Medic will be under 50 energy which still leaves room for smoke.

CH has a passive shield for no reason. They need to take away either malf or PA.

Considering other classes with a passive shield have no defense debuffs.

< Message edited by ansh0 -- 3/4/2013 0:50:18 >
Epic  Post #: 156
3/4/2013 0:53:50   
rayniedays56

WhileI agree with the removal of PA (I know it won't happen Trans! c:) I can say it wont happen.

Also, CH's have NO guaranteed EP return, which balances the Armor and Debuff combo.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 157
3/4/2013 17:32:15   
  RabbleFroth

Didn't have forum access this weekend, so replying to some discussion from throughout the thread.

quote:

Diminishing returns affect weapon damage, not skills.

This is incorrect actually. The system of DR on skills is different. We need to improve clarity on these systems. =\

quote:

They should adjust Deadly Aim percentage so that Level 10 is different from Level 8

That was very close to making it in last week, but was cut. I wanted to wait on some other changes in the works before tweaking Deadly Aim.

quote:

Why should I buy the promo when it is too good, players complain and I get punished.

It is far, far better for the long-term health of the game to balanced things that are out of line, rather than just letting them exist in a broken state because someone did or did not pay for it. By that logic, we should never buff anything that is underpowered either.

quote:

Summary of my suggestions to balance TMs and BHs to each other:
- Undo the buff for Blood Lust
- Buff Venom Strike

- Add Blood Lust to Technician (equal in power to Reroute on Reflex Boost, so 3 % points less than Reroute on RB)
- Replace Assimilation with a reflective ability like Shadow Arts (Tech/Magic/Science Arts ?) OR buff Assimilation (unblockable and/or more drain)

Interesting ideas. Venom Strike would be a good place to help out BH. Assimilation has needed a little love for a while, agreed on that. Think that strong of a buff on Technician would make that skill insane. Health regen is generally much more powerful than energy regen. May have pushed BL up a little too much, not 100% on that yet.
Post #: 158
3/4/2013 17:35:58   
King Helios

Can Surgical Strike require a club? The other ultimates need class-specific weapons.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 159
3/4/2013 17:39:54   
Mother1

@ king

unlike the other skills which it would make sense to add a weapon requirement Surgical strike is firing a laser from space. it honestly makes no sense to actually make this skill require a club.
Epic  Post #: 160
3/4/2013 17:51:44   
King Helios

^
And having Frenzy require a club makes sense? :O
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 161
3/4/2013 17:58:36   
Mother1

@ king

It makes more sense since you are actually striking then with the club to gain health then it would to use a club to fire a laser from space.
Epic  Post #: 162
3/4/2013 18:06:01   
Ranloth
Banned

What he's trying to say is that SS has advantage over other Ultimates. SC and Mass force you to class-specific weapons which have -1 damage and -5 less stats than Swords whilst SS allows you to use a Sword AND still use the Ultimate. Although simple change could be even bumping its damage by 1 compared to other Ultimates; 5 stats is 1 damage, +1 damage only applies on %-based skills which means it's only for Massacre.
AQ Epic  Post #: 163
3/4/2013 18:20:26   
Calogero

Another thing that should be looked at is Omega Yeti's Nom special...

I admit, I love using it but when something seems broken I feel inclined to say so.

I don't understand why the Yeti's Nom special is a fixed 3 damage
while Omega Yeti can reach up to 40.
I know Omega Yeti is an upgrade but 37 damage difference is a pretty big steep in Damage.

Also, Azrael gun, 3 damage fixed, would keep it's usefullness but lowers the damage a lot.

About Assimilate... Why does it need to get buffed? It's a TM only skill and they already have reroute...

About Ultimates... Super Charge has the lowest end of the stick here...
Massacre is an all out frenzy attack that stacks with Bloodlust and Smokescreen. ( or Malfunction )
Surgical Strike as mentioned above can be used with a Sword that has extra stats, steals rage and heals.
Super Charge, Ignores resistance and heals 30%... Does not stack with anything BMs have, works well for TM though...

I'd like the Devs to focus for the moment on the new Ultimates which they promised a long time ago

< Message edited by Calogero -- 3/4/2013 18:27:24 >

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 164
3/4/2013 18:28:37   
Mother1

@ calogero

The regular yeti's chomp special does 60% damage, however the omega yeti's chomp does 75% damage so of course there would be some difference in power.

Trans

Massacre doesn't work with fixed damage but the weapon damage and add a certain percent more to it so it would make sense that this one is class weapon specific, And supercharge while it does have fixed damage per tech also has the ability to go through 20 percent of your opponents resist so it would make sense to make work with a class specific weapon as well. However unlike these two Surgical strike doesn't have either of these powering it up.
Epic  Post #: 165
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Patch Notes - 1.5.4
Page 7 of 7«<34567
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition