Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF) The Tale of the Evil Knight (DF)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) The Tale of the Evil Knight (DF)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/7/2013 21:13:40   
Almighty Agathor

Index

Prologue - Not So Humble Beginnings
Ch. 1 - Dragonlord to Terrorlord
Ch. 2 - Some New Information
Ch. 3 - The Mysterious Man
Ch. 4 - The Armor
Ch. 5 - One Evil For Another
Ch. 6 - Meeting Zephyr
Ch. 7 - Trying The New Armor
Ch. 8 - Training
Ch. 9 - The Battle of the Century
Epologue - A Dying Evil

< Message edited by Almighty Agathor -- 3/8/2013 0:34:10 >
DF AQW  Post #: 1
3/7/2013 21:16:23   
Almighty Agathor

Not So Humble Beginnings

This tale starts with the birth of a very special male child. Except, no one knew that he would be special. Everything about him was right around normal. He was healthy, strong, and very alert. What wasn't noticed, was the maroon color of his eyes' iris'. See, a normal color would be blues, greens, and browns. This child, as normal as he seemed, was indeed, very powerful. The power this child posessed was an Evil power. A power that could tear souls to shreads from within. His mother, Gloria, was a Guardian, and his father, Joseph, a Dragonlord.

Well, by the time he was 15 years of age, he had known the best
hand to hand combat skills known, being trained by his father. His mother, the Guardian, had taught Agathor to use a sword, along with some basic magics. A month or so after Agathor reached adulthood, he had realized that he had more power within, but did not know how to reach this Evil.

A couple years pass. Agathor was just about ready to leave for an adventure, when a tall, dark figure arrived at his home one night. He awoke hearing his father scream in a fit of sadness and anger. When he entered the living room, he saw his mother dead on the floor, and his father being killed by this dark figure. With a fit of rage, Agathor's eyes turned black and red. This man became very amused. With Agathor's fit of rage, he injured the man with a very powerful blast.

With these events, Agathor had found out that the man he had injured, was called the Terrorlord. He was once a hero, like his father once was, within the order of Dragonlords. But, Agathor thought to himself that he had to find out how this man had become evil, and why he had attacked his family.

< Message edited by Almighty Agathor -- 3/10/2013 17:50:26 >
DF AQW  Post #: 2
3/7/2013 21:19:38   
Almighty Agathor

Dragonlord to Terrorlord

So begins Agathor's search, in the town of Falconreach. Agathor had gone to the Guardian Tower, to his parents' funeral. "I am so sorry for your loss, Agathor. Your mother was a great soldier, and she will never be forgotten." Said Gloria's commander, Silnior. "Thank you Sil, your words mean alot to me. However, I was wondering if you have heard anything about that Dragonlord that had served with my father in the Dragon Wars."

"Agathor, I am sorry, but I must inform you, this man, Zephyr, had hidden most of his life for the last ten years. It will be extremely hard for me to help you. But I made a promise to your mother to look after you if something bad were to happen to them. Its just unfortunate that it was the day you planned to leave." With hearing this, Agathor thanked Silnior and walked away.

A few days pass, and Agathor hears footsteps coming up the stairway in the Inn. Getting anxious, he tears the door open, and sees Silnior, looking at him with a look of bewilderment. "Agathor, Zephyr was a Dragonlord who had gone mad with the power he had. His dragon was the Great Darkness Dragon. This dragon had been corrupt with a dark spirit before it hatched-" Agathor, cutting him off, "Get to the point Sil." "Anyways Agathor, this dragon corrupted him and they together formed a plan to kill all of the other Dragonlords that had a chance to stand up to him, and take Dragonsgrasp for his own. Your father was the only one left."

With this new information, Agathor went for a walk to calm his nerves.

< Message edited by Almighty Agathor -- 3/10/2013 17:51:01 >
DF AQW  Post #: 3
3/7/2013 23:17:15   
Almighty Agathor

Some New Information

While out on his walk, Agathor had stumbled upon a Pyromancer and his apprentice. Sensing something wrong, Agathor stood back and listened. "If you do anything so unthoughtful, and so arrogant, I will teach you a lesson you will not forget." "Yes sir. Sorry sir." Thus being the moment Agathor stood forth.

"Just what is the matter, may I be of assistance?" said Agathor. "Who are you? I don't think I have ever seen you before." came the reply from the Pyromancer. Agathor says to the man, "Sorry for interupting, my name is Agathor, I'm new to these parts. What might your names be?" The young apprentice spoke first. "My name is Sven, and this is my teacher, Hugo."

After talking with the Pyromancer and the teenager, Agathor found out that Sven had talked to a man who knew alot about making people more powerful through the powers of darkness and corruption. "Sven, where did you come into contact with this mysterious man?" Agathor asked. "Sir, I could show you, but I will say that it will be a hard path to follow, and the man that I talked to said that it would take a few tries to succeed.

Agathor decided that this was a good idea, and talked it over with Hugo. Agathor said that he could pay him for the troubles. But, to his suprise, Hugo stated, "Agathor, we will all go and you can keep your gold. I just want to know, why do you want to talk to such a dark figure?" Agathor thought for a moment, and Hugo sensed that Agathor didn't want to talk about the subject. "We must be heading out if we are to make it before sunset." said Sven.

< Message edited by Almighty Agathor -- 3/8/2013 17:18:06 >
DF AQW  Post #: 4
3/7/2013 23:30:31   
Almighty Agathor

The Mysterious Man

After a full day's walk, Agathor, Hugo, and Sven made it to a safe spot to set up camp for the night. They were very close to completing the challenge of making it to the stranger, and they would need all the rest they could get. Little did they know, this was going to be a very difficult challenge.

Agathor woke first, having the first real memory of the day he lost his family. His dream had shaken him badly enough to wake Sven. "Sir, are you okay?" whispered Sven. " To tell you the truth kid, I am not okay." replied Agathor. "Would you mind sharing anything?" "Alright Sven." At about this time, Hugo awoke, but pretended to sleep as he was interested to know the story behind this mysterious warrior named Agathor.

Sitting across from the dim campfire, Agathor started to share what had happened at his home 3 weeks ago. He shared how it felt like it was just yesterday that all of this happened. After he finished. Sven just sat there, with a sorrow filled face. After a few minutes of silence, Hugo rose. "Is that spell you used through your rage, evil, Agathor?"

Startled that Hugo heard, Agathor replied, "I believe so, when I came to, the intruder was gone, and I looked in the mirror. My eyes were black, with a red Iris." Hugo looked at Sven, and they both looked at Agathor in both confusion and awe. "That is why I must find this stranger."

After the rigorous test that lay ahead of them, the trio made it to their destination. "Ahh, Sven, my boy, come here."

< Message edited by Almighty Agathor -- 3/10/2013 17:53:05 >
DF AQW  Post #: 5
3/7/2013 23:52:19   
Almighty Agathor

The Armor

"You, who are you?" Demanded Hugo. "Patience Pyromancer, patience. All good things come to those who wait." Replied the man. "No disrespect stranger, but what is your name and how do you know so much about evil?" said Agathor. "This is a story I would have to tell you alone, for the boy is too young and the Pyromancer has no business knowing. You, however, have an interesting story, and I can sense an evil in you tenfold greater than my own."

The stranger and Agathor proceded out into the man's greenhouse. "Agathor, my name is Cain. I am the first Evil Knight, and I have yet to name my successor. I have chosen you, and that is the only reason you are alive." Agathor retorted "You want to use me for your own goals! I don't think so!" And with that Agathor began to change into his stronger form.

"Yes, young one, let me see what power you wield with such ease!" said Cain. And with a demonic voice, Agathor replied "You must teach me where my evil comes from. When it takes over, I have no control over my body, just my emotions." And with that, Agathor fell to the ground, gasping for air. "Agathor, you do not realize this, but you are the mortal form of Titus, The Demon of Destruction."

Agathor and Cain talked for over a week, and in that amount of time, Agathor learned much about his inner magics. He learned how to control them, and he learned that he could also do good with this power. "Agathor, you have passed all of my tests but one." said Cain. "And what is this last one?" Agathor replied. "You must face me to earn the armor of the Evil Knight."

And with that, Cain drew his sword, and attacked! Agathor had just the right reaction. He twisted to his left, Cain's blade hit where he stood.
Agathor kicked him in the back of the knee, and without any mental strain, shot out a beam of pure evil energy at Cain. By this time, Sven and Hugo started to watch what was going on.

With the fight nearing what seemed to be the end for Cain, he took his sword, and thrust it into Agathor's solar plexus, the area between the bottom of his ribcage. "No! Agathor!" Sven, running to his aid, stopped in his tracks. As for Agathor, he rose surrounded by dark energies. His eyes lit with the pure evil as they had that fateful day, exactly a month ago. Cain smiled wryly. "Well done Agathor! You are now my successor."

And with that, he granted Agathor the Evil Knight armor, and he had forged a sword of Agathor's own pure energy. The sword was gracefully given the name of Agathor's Excalibur.

< Message edited by Almighty Agathor -- 3/8/2013 12:59:45 >
DF AQW  Post #: 6
3/8/2013 0:23:19   
Almighty Agathor

One Evil for Another

Days pass, seeming like a lifetime for Agathor. It was only yesterday that Sven and Hugo left back to the outskirts of Falconreach. While thinking to himself, he began to argue with the evil within him. "Titus, I will not trade one evil for another. I cannot go against Zephyr, and be wearing an armor of evil. I know I must use my good magic to fight him!"

Hearing Titus disagree with him so much, he began to have a migrane. He wished he could just be normal. "Agathor. I know you don't want this magic, but it is just magic. What harm is it that you would be using evil against darkness?" "Everything Titus, you cannot fight fire with fire and come out on top. You have to find a weakness!"

And with that, Agathor shut out anything Titus had to say. Just then, he heard screaming. Beginning to run in the direction, he could see that people had a big trust in him just by how he was glowing. It was a form of light energy he harnessed that he learned from his mother. Then he saw him. His dragon, black as night, breathing black fire.

"Zephyr! Remember me? Last time was a warning! This is between me and you! Get down off of your dragon and fight me!" And with that, Zephyr appeared in front of Agathor. "My my, young one. Don't you think it a little bold to go up against the Terrorlord? You must not remember what I did to that sorry hero father of yours." replied Zephyr. " Lets do this." Agathor sneered.

< Message edited by Almighty Agathor -- 3/8/2013 17:25:57 >
DF AQW  Post #: 7
3/8/2013 0:28:11   
Almighty Agathor

Meeting Zephyr

With that, the fight started in Willowshire town square, with all of it's residents watching fearfully, at the battle before them. Agathor was using any magic he could, but refrained from his dark arts. He relied on agility and his light based attacks. Seeing that this was Agathor's strategy, Zephyr was waiting for the perfect moment.

At last, his moment came. Agathor went to use a blinding light as a distraction, and as soon as the light shone upon Zephyr, he mentally called his dragon. The dragon swooped down and took Agathor in his claws. Zephyr appeared on his dragon. After a few minutes, he dropped Agathor.

Agathor felt like he was dead. His body wouldn't follow his orders, and he was passing in and out of consiousness. Titus took over, when Zephyr appeared, Titus teleported Agathor to the doorway of Falconreach Inn. It was night time and it was raining hard. Titus knocked on the door, and with that, left Agathor to control himself.

Splash. Agathor fell to the ground at the Inn's doorway, and Serenity opened the door, and seen Agathor was barely alive. "Oh my goodness!" And with that, She dragged Agathor inside. After making him a bed, she went and got Silnior, Agathor's only mentor left.
DF AQW  Post #: 8
3/8/2013 13:38:36   
Almighty Agathor

Trying The New Armor

It had been 3 days since Agathor was brought to the Inn, and Silnior has found out everything Agathor had. He knows about Agathor's power, armor, and what happened with Zephyr. Agathor, breaking the silence between the two, "Sil, I also didn't tell you, the evil within me, has a name. It's Titus."

After thinking for a minute, came Silnior's reply, "Can he hear anybody talk?" "Yes." replied Agathor. "Well, are you aware of what evil is named Titus?" asked Silnior. After a brief conversation, Agathor showed Silnior the armor. Silnior was frightened by the path that Agathor had taken.

Agathor saw this, and said "Sil, I can use my power for good, and that is what I have to do." After hearing this, Silnior cheered up a bit. That was when Agathor put the armor on. After getting the full suit of armor on, he felt whole again.

Agathor decided to go for a walk, asking Silior if he could go alone. After an hour, he decided to try out his armor. At that moment, he found a tree to practice on. Using his powers, he practiced for a couple hours. When he was done, he returned to the Falconreach Inn. "Serenity, where is Sil?" asked Agathor. Serenity told Agathor that there was an attack on the Guardian Tower.

After he got there, he saw that there was a dark necromancer and an army of undead attacking. Seeing this, Agathor took his sword, and started to fight all of the undead he could. "Agathor! Its great to see you here!" Yelled Silnior. Just then, the Necromancer decided was a great time to attack. His target was Silnior.

After chanting a spell to himself, he had grown a dark energy. He shot this energy at Silnior, but Agathor had seen this. Sneaking up to the Necromancer, unsheathing Agathor's Excalibur, and cast an evil spell onto it. The sword started to glow an ominous purple, and when the spell took effect, Agathor thrust in into the Necromancer's spine. Killing him instantly.

< Message edited by Almighty Agathor -- 3/10/2013 17:56:49 >
DF AQW  Post #: 9
3/8/2013 13:44:45   
Almighty Agathor

Training

After, the Guardians took care of the remaining undead, slashing left and right. And after they had defeated the undead, Silnior talked to Agathor. He explained that Agathor did a great job, and that he agreed that he should use this armor when he fought Zephyr again. "Sil, I learned that the hard way. I had went up against Zephyr with the magics my parents taught me, and I almost lost my life. Titus may be the Demon of Destruction, but he saved my life. Proving to me that the evil that lies within me can be used for the greater good."

Then Agathor and Sil agreed that they should start his training right away, at the tower. First, Agathor fought some machines, and needless to say, they lasted a few moments. So Silnior had to up the ante. Silnior sent in some of his best men. This was going to be interesting.

After the training session started, the Guardians tried going for a quick win. They had Agathor cornered, and when it looked like Agathor was about to lose, Agathor made his move. He had figured out how to beat these three Guardians with just a few moves. So he put his plan to action. First, he let them get close, and when they did, he attacked. Going for the closest one first, he swung his training blade at the Guardian's knee, then stabbed him in the chest. Next he used a weakened evil energy and beat the second one, and then proceeded to attack and beat the third one. This all happened in 5 seconds.

Seeing this, Silnior went one on one with Agathor. After a quick loss, Silnior said that they had to train his power. Agathor agreed, and he started training against the machines. His time to be ready was close, but now he had to ready himself for the battle of his life.

< Message edited by Almighty Agathor -- 3/10/2013 18:02:46 >
DF AQW  Post #: 10
3/8/2013 14:05:40   
Almighty Agathor

The Battle of the Century

Agathor had trained for this, and had spent the last 4 months of his life waiting for this moment. Training was going to prove to be a walk in the park compared to this. Returning to Willowshire, a half grown dragon and his rider, were waiting. For they had seen what went on last month. Seeing that Agathor was ready, and that he had new armor, he lent Agathor a flight to Dragonsgrasp.

Everything that mattered to Agathor had come down to this. Agathor was face to face with Zephyr, in what was going to be the battle of the century. "You are one stupid man, Agathor. But I must say, you either have quite some balls, or you just want to see your family again. No matter, this will be quick."

Hearing this, Agathor became quite pissed off. He unsheathed the Excalibur and got ready. For his revenge was going to be sweet. "Get ready to die, Zephyr." With that, Zephyr called his dragon, yet Agathor knew this. Agathor had readied his energy for this. His eyes turned black and red behind his helmet. His armor started to glow purple, and he let Titus take over.

Titus attacked the dragon with such might, that they crushed a building. The dragon was laying there, and Titus had thrust Agathor's Excalibur deep into the dragon's chest, killing it. "NOOO! I will kill you!" Yelled Zephyr in a fit of rage. But that is what Titus wanted. Titus then fought Zephyr with a ton of strikes and counters. But his moment had come, Titus knocked down Zephyr, and returned control over to Agathor.

"Your time is up, traitor." said Agathor. Just then, he used his power and his Excalibur, and the sword glowed purple once again. Agathor thrust the sword into Zephyr's throat, letting him suffer. "Even that is not a slow enough death for you." And with that, Agathor teleported to his former home.
DF AQW  Post #: 11
3/8/2013 14:19:40   
Almighty Agathor

A Dying Evil

Agathor was home. And yet, given the justice he wanted, he was not satisfied. He longed for more than what was granted him. But that was Titus. Agathor himself was happy, but Titus was wanting more. Making Agathor crave more. But this evil was dying. It did not have a need to show itself any longer, for Agathor felt good for the first time in 5 months.

Days later, Agathor fell ill. He was pale, and he felt terrible. It was the dying evil. And Titus had told him, he was dying. Agathor didn't want to lose him, he felt that Titus was the one thing he trusted most. "Don't worry Agathor, if there ever is a need for me, I can return. I just cannot lay dormant on your world. I must go. Goodbye."

And with that, Titus was gone. Agathor instantly returned to normal. He felt good, and all he wanted to do now, was go on his adventure. For he was ready. The evil was gone, for now. He left on his adventure, and was far from home. In the meantime, Silnior was at home. It was night time, and he had just gone to bed. He awoke to boards creaking in his home.

With a dagger and candle, he went into the livingroom. And thats when he knew the mistake he made. He felt a sharp pain in his spine. He heard his baby start to cry, and his wife shriek. For all three were slain right there in there home. All anyone knows is that there was a letter sent to Agathor.

"Agathor, you must come home. Silnior and his family were brutally slain by a group that calls themselves the Doom Raiders. They demanded that no one informs you, but I had to let you know. No one knows what this letter contains, for I am writing it at the Guardian Tower. Please come home. - Serenity"
DF AQW  Post #: 12
3/8/2013 14:24:27   
Almighty Agathor

And that is my story folks. If you have any feedback, you are welcome to PM me. I wrote this all off of the top of my head, and it took me about 3 hours I believe. It is based off of DragonFable, but is not direct canon. I would like to thank AE for making the game, for I wouldn't have been able to write this short book. And I would like to thank other authors for the idea. And lastly, thank you, the reader, for reading my story. It was my first piece, and if I get enough good feedback, I will write some more. Remember to send me a PM!

You could also join the discussion. ->Found Here<-

< Message edited by Almighty Agathor -- 3/8/2013 14:52:54 >
DF AQW  Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) The Tale of the Evil Knight (DF)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition