Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

What Adventure Quest means to me

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> What Adventure Quest means to me
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/21/2013 19:30:51   
D The Dragon Rider

That's a very tough thing to answer.

I guess I should start at the beginning.

According to my character Tsucasa's page it was the 3rd of June in 2003 when I first started. I was in my tutorial class when a friend of mine showed me this game, This was before the school decided to crack down on internet usage. It seems primative now but I was interested, and it turned out that a few of my friends actually did play this game.

And after a few minutes of playing I was hooked, I really wanted to play this game when I got home and I did.

I think while playing during the next few weeks the Dragon War was on and I was busy fighting fire monsters and after I finished the final battle with Akriloth, I got the Classic Dragon Rider. The reason I bring this up is that I actually still have that Dragon Rider armor, which was my most powerful fire armor for a good long time, and even though their were some more useful fire armors being released , I still have it because of sentimental reasons.
(And I pretend if I sold the son of Akriloth, He'd disappear and the world will go out of wack. I was really imaginative back then, still am sort of.) That's the reason I have the name D The Dragon Rider.

Getting back on topic, I play this at any chance the impulse hits me to play. And I played though, always excited for every new release, with new creatures to fight, new treasures to find and collect. Their was at one point that I stopped playing for a good few months after being bored with it. Then when I got back on, I saw how much had changed with new art and new quests and I was sad that I missed out on so much on the history being made in the game. So I promised myself to always play this at least once a week on Thursday.

That's when I got into it more then I ever did before, always doing thing that I always wanted to do in real life. Fight evil monsters and saving innocents, feeling important that your doing something remarkable.

I guess the first reason that AQ means so much to me is that unlike most RPG, it's always changing and improving, growing from a simple game into something grander and more epic with each release.

The second is that whenever I play, I feel that sense of wonder that I felt when I first played, fullfiling that dream of being a hero and being that brave soul that I'm not in real life.

But now I have a new reason, I read some of the other entries in the contest and I feel glad. Glad that this made an impact on so many people, like it made one person with a disability feel like everyone else. And some even had that same feeling of childhood joy that I do whenever they play. I'm glad that this game is still around for so many years, and the best thing for me is that even though that new improvements have been made to combat, the heart and soul that makes AQ so great is still there. and hopefully in the future, it still will.

And that's my essay on what AQ means to me. It may not be the best written like alot of others, but I tried my best at it. I know I have alot of competition and even If I don't win, I will still say my congrats to that person and go on that quest made for him/her. which I'm sure will be awesome!
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> What Adventure Quest means to me
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition