Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(AQ) What AQ means to me.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> The Contest Reservoir >> (AQ) What AQ means to me.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/26/2013 23:29:57   
DaiTigris
How We Roll Winner
June14

What AQ Means to me.

I've had many wonderful experiences with the game Adventure Quest and those experiences have helped to shaped what Adventure Quest means to me. From growing up with this game as a kid for a time and then rediscovering it as a young adult are some of the most prominent. As well as this game's spirit of creativity and improvement has also left a strong imprint on me.

As a kid growing up 2004 it was very rare to hear any of my peers talking about the internet that much and less about the games you could find on it. I and my siblings on the other hand found most of the games we played on a frequently basis on the internet. One day my eldest brother found this cool game called Adventure Quest. From the moments of watching both my older brothers play this I knew that this was a game I had to play for myself. After asking for both of my brother's help in creating my very own character I experienced Adventure Quest for myself and had fun playing it. When I played the game I never really paid much attention to the major plot but I strongly remember there was a lot of humor in the game. For a majority of when I was playing the game I just wanted to battle monsters, have cool looking pets, and explore everything. One of the most impressive locations in the game that I still remember the awe I felt from the moment I first saw it to this day is the Isle D'Oriens. It was a really striking setting set within a place that felt like something out of a dream. The whole area felt distinct in and of its self from a lot of the other settings I had seen in the game so far at that time. I remember finding the main hall to be my most favorite room in the whole area. I liked the room because there was a book shelf with a few interesting books I could read and the room itself just felt like the grandest room in the whole island. For some years after I can recall those times me and my siblings watching each other play the game. It was cool and brought me and my siblings together with a mutual interest we all shared in. It's hard for me to believe from those few fond memories that I can recall that I actually forgot about this game for a span of some years.

In the early part of the year 2012 I just suddenly remembered Adventure Quest out of the blue. Why I suddenly remembered it, or forgot about it for that matter, I don't know. I came back and logged in hoping the game would be as fantastic as I vaguely remembered it to be. It was that and so much more. I found myself looking at the sight of a game that I had remembered some aspects of, but in some ways it was somehow different. Some of the general art and monster art looked better than I had remembered it being. Not to mention some of the newer monsters had such detail about them that they just blew me away. I had never known that a Flash game could reach such detail as it wasn't something I saw very often in games made with Flash. I also began noticing something I had largely neglected as a kid, the story. The story telling in this game had a fantastic style of story telling that combined many fantastic kinds of genres, had interesting characters, and it also felt like the world of Lore had a deep history about it that gave it an extra feeling of depth. I think the thing that impressed me the most that the story still lives on, it didn't end with the Devourer Saga but branched on from it to create more stories. It was strange to see so many changes but in truth they where inspiring.

Seeing so much progress in Adventure Quest having taken place after having not seen it in such a long time was inspiring. It might have only been a few years but it felt like so much progress had been made. It made me look at my own work as an artist and helped me to want to improve and become better like this game had. Even the style of the story telling has inspired me to not just to create fantasy stories, but stories that include a variety of different genres and possibilities. It's taught me as a whole that no matter what you do if you can improve something that is all right to be its best little by little, week after week, you'll eventually be able to look back at something fantastic.

To me Adventure Quest means quite a few things to me. As a child I found a fun game to play that I still enjoy to this day. As a young Adult I rediscovered a game that it was not just a fun game but also full of wonderful stories and artwork. My experiences with this game has inspired me to do my best and improve as not only as an aspiring artist but as a story teller as well. Fun, creativity, and doing your best to improve: that is what Adventure Quest means to me.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> The Contest Reservoir >> (AQ) What AQ means to me.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition