Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= March 29, 2013: MAJOR changes Happening! The Oversoul Beta Revolution!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= March 29, 2013: MAJOR changes Happening! The Oversoul Beta Revolution!
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/1/2013 6:41:01   
Sharftman

this is goin to be an awsome update

Oversoul name: Drackion
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 26
4/1/2013 6:51:39   
Megadragonknight

Everything look so shiny, awesome and epic except like what everyone said, the hand spoil the epicness of the new interface. I would rather want to see ghostly hand instead of the white hand because the Oversoul is a ghost being. But I would prefer the old card deck interface except with more shiny feature with the shiny cards feature. That would make everything more epic.
Post #: 27
4/1/2013 7:09:11   
Sharftman

@Mega: I completely aggree with you the hand must be ghostly being the actual theme :P
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 28
4/1/2013 8:36:35   
Megadragonknight

@Sharftman
With the ghostly hand implemented with some shiny feature, the Oversoul Beta Revolution will be a huge success!
Post #: 29
4/1/2013 9:27:34   
_scars_

i would just say get rid of the hands, it makes it look like you are watching from the sideline instead of being in the battle
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
4/1/2013 9:30:03   
megakyle777

I don't mind what the hands change in to personaly, just as long as they are not what they are now. They are probably placeholders however. Least I HOPE so.
DF  Post #: 31
4/1/2013 9:47:59   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

Well, in OS you are supposed to be like a spirit/incorporeal being who takes control of other beings bodies and uses them for battle, exploration and who knows what else when the main story will start to be released, so those hands, even if they are white, don`t exactly make sense to be there. I`m hoping this graphical addon is not implemented. It would break game immersion for me as well as breaking the forth wall.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
4/1/2013 10:17:00   
BiasedBass

I also think the cards and the queue/place where you play cards, are pretty small.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 33
4/1/2013 10:33:56   
daichi

I really like the characters Icon.

also the element icons look amazing.

nix the hands art,everything looks amazing.

and I hope we can turn off in battle chat.

< Message edited by daichi -- 4/1/2013 10:41:01 >

DF AQW  Post #: 34
4/1/2013 10:39:51   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

I always saw OS as an actual card game with the player actually just out of sight, playing the cards for the battle. Nulgath added the monsters because card games are rather boring unless done right. It may just be me, but I never saw myself as the monster nor even the Oversoul. It would be like seeing yourself as the Dark Magician in Yugioh. It just seems weird to see myself as a character in a card based game of any sort. And to be honest, I can't think of any good way that you can't break the fourth wall in a Card Based game since it requires direct interaction from the player that can't be explained away. "Today I fought a rat. My first hand was nothing but shields and heals so I threw all those cards away." No, that just seems weird for a card based game. It's either break the fourth wall or attempt to salvage it in a weird way that will probably over-complicate things.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
4/1/2013 10:44:57   
megakyle777

I don't mind the idea of hands, but I mind the SPECIFIC hands. They need to be more specteral or gaunletly. Anything but the current ones.
DF  Post #: 36
4/1/2013 10:57:35   
BJEBLE

I always thought the cards represented ACTIONS, not just cards, pretty much the opposite in Yugioh.Just take out the hands, and everything will be amazing.
DF  Post #: 37
4/1/2013 11:00:08   
daichi

I guess we all interpret things differently...

that's what makes humans amazing.
DF AQW  Post #: 38
4/1/2013 12:08:12   
SGsPyzcho
Banned

I hope this game doesn't become like an online yu-gi-oh. I like the original idea of being an oversoul and being in control not being like a yu-gi-oh duel master and watch from the side lines. I would still play but I would HIGHLY prefer it not being like yu-gi-oh!!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 39
4/1/2013 15:57:48   
Sharftman

@SGs: I agree with u, if the game turns duel master/ yu gi oh the it would not as fun as it is now.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 40
4/1/2013 17:37:45   
SGsPyzcho
Banned

I hope they make the character selection easier to organize. Instead of having every character clumped up together Nulgath should use the box method like in pokemon how there is different boxes and you can name each box, for example I would make a box for each stage in oversoul, apprentice, veteran, master, legendary, and I would make a Favorites box for the characters I use most often. Nugath can make this and charge SGs for more boxes and more spaces in each box. This way we can profit and so can Nulgath and the game. It can be OverSoul's version of storage like the other AE games.

EDIT: The only flaw I see with my idea right now is the fact that Nulgath and the team would have to limit the spaces for each box but with all the characters out already and people probably have them all then maybe my idea wouldn't be good because they might not be able to make enough space for free like the other games. Like If they wanted to give us say 5 boxes and 30 spaces per box to start with. That would mean we could only have 150 characters and there is more then that in OverSoul currently. And Nulgath can't hand out free spaces and boxes so that will be a problem if they considered this idea. Please give me feedback and tell me if you see any other flaws in my idea, thank you!

< Message edited by SGsPyzcho -- 4/1/2013 22:29:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 41
4/1/2013 19:35:18   
jacob1451

i don't mind the hands that much it would be interesting to see the hands change based on alignment, like claws for evil, gauntlets for good or ghost hands for neutral. overall i'm excited for the next update.
AQ  Post #: 42
4/1/2013 20:34:25   
SGsPyzcho
Banned

quote:

Actually there IS an organisation: if you click on the elemental orbs above the whole list, it separates the inventory by elements.
Would be more useful if it'd be alphabetical, or just move up the most commonly used, but oh well for now.

@Hakunin: I did not know this lol. Thank you for informing me of it! Much appreciated

< Message edited by SGsPyzcho -- 4/1/2013 20:41:20 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 43
4/1/2013 23:24:40   
Megadragonknight

I had suggested this before about character inventory. Arranging the characters in Alphabetic order along with their evolutions will avoid confusion and save some trouble whenever players want to select the characters they want. I shall post this on the suggestion thread.
Post #: 44
4/1/2013 23:33:57   
SGsPyzcho
Banned

@Megadragonknight: Okay and I hope Nulgath and the team will take it into consideration. The element sorted character selection is good for now but I'd prefer a customizable character selection box or incubator later on. But the game is still in beta and the upcoming beta revolution is obviously going to be one of the biggest updates in this games history. So the character selection idea would probably be delayed unless it is scheduled to be released with the new interface. Who knows lol.

Thank you and good bye
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 45
4/1/2013 23:41:24   
Megadragonknight

@SGzPyzcho
Yeah, beta revolution is going to be one of the biggest update in OS history. It will have new shiny interface and many new attractive interface. Oversoul Beta Revolution is going to be a huge hit. I am so waiting for this week release along with hoping for Easter characters and Egg hunting. This week release will be absolutely beyond awesome and surprising with the release of Oversoul Beta Revolution and Easter events!
Post #: 46
4/2/2013 3:48:45   
kurato

Like most people here, I'm cool with everything BUT the hands. It ugly (I'm sorry, but imo it really is), it break the 4th wall and the immersion of the game. How ever, the other graphics update look amazing.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
4/2/2013 4:09:24   
Megadragonknight

I can think of 2 solution to make the Beta Revolution completely awesome with no single complaint. 1st solution is to implement the older card deck queue in the new interface but with more shiner features along with shiny cards. 2nd solution is to replace white hand with ghost hand.
Post #: 48
4/2/2013 4:23:55   
megakyle777

^Pretty much this. that would solve everything.
DF  Post #: 49
4/2/2013 4:45:46   
Megadragonknight

Lets hope Nulgath will take it into consideration. As of now, I am quite certain Nulgath and the others are almost done with the Oversoul Beta revolution. Only now they must do is to test the new interface with Asuka and Sage.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= March 29, 2013: MAJOR changes Happening! The Oversoul Beta Revolution!
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition