Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Diversity/Other Ideas.[Read Me]

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Diversity/Other Ideas.[Read Me]
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/6/2013 17:41:25   
DeathAwaits

I personally think this game needs more diversity in its moves. Each class should not be limited to like 12 moves per,but atleast double that or more. I like to see something unique in the fights.

I do not think skill points should go up but I really do think classes should offer more unique moves,rather than everyone resulting to the same thing.

While everyone is so concerned with balance I'm more concerned with uniqueness which this game servery lacks. Face it not everyone wants to play the smoke offensive route, or the malf and plasma route, these debuff while cool are way overused, something a little more tactical needs to be added to builds. More defensive tactical class moves, Offensive Precision classes, Game in short needs more tactic as well as a more tactical approach.

Do I have ideas for moves to be added? Currently No, I think thats something that really needs to be approached by the community as well as a Dev/Coder.

Adult Server: This game needs blood, maybe a mature server dedicated to 18+ players. The ability to bleed, or have perks that could wound you just like poison would be cool, For instance ,some could strike you and you could become " wounded" and lose 1-10 points per turn. While I would love the ability to lose arms, and legs or even decapitate someone at the end of the match I dont really see this happening but atleast blood, the closest thing to blood on this game is the massacre and im sure thats not even blood but just animation lol. Face it whats "bloodlust" with no blood

Weapons colors: these should be changeable while I think its cool that we get tons of new weapons ect, being able to change the colors would be awesome.

Note: Even if its not limited to an "Adult Server" this game needs blood.

Side Note: Limiting classes to a few moves really limits the players you can attract not everyone wants to choose basically the same thing, and though the other skills are there they are so pointless that no one is going to use them.You win rate from resorting to them to be unique decreases dramatically.

Post #: 1
4/6/2013 17:49:38   
Ranloth
Banned

Classes aren't limited to 12 skills, that's one. They have 12 because there isn't a need to expand it to 5th tier as of now. Perhaps as we get to around Lvl 40, additional skill may be added or so, resulting in diversity - hopefully.

Adult server.. That's 2 different games, sorta but not really. You must do two updates and fit it for both servers but it's already a no. Why? AE Games are aimed at kids/teenagers, not adults thus blood will be limited. They'll cater for the target audience as any other business would, so the idea won't go bass.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
4/6/2013 17:56:58   
TRizZzCENTRINO

not supported, it would take up the dev's time for something so unnecessary. most of the players are kids and not so many adults so this would be a waste of time to make a adult server.

they are still working on the new skills for the evolved classes, making a skill isn't that easy, you have to make it on par with other skills so it is not gonna be over powered or under powered.

color customizable weapons means that there is gonna be no animation or special effects on the weapon whatsoever, the weapon will be lacking animations such as movement of the parts, glow, gradient, brightness etc. so if you would want a color customizable weapon then you have to accept the fact that it will not look as interesting as other weapons.
the delta weapons were going to be color customizable but due to several problems that came with it, it was made into a normal weapon instead.

if you are concerned with uniqueness then i would suggest you to play AQW, there is alot of unique class skills there and they do not care about balance.
this is ED, it is heavily focused on PVP, so balance is more important than anything, without balance, a particular class will become OP and everyone will start using it, sooner or later you will see every player with the same class, where is the diversity or uniqueness to that then?

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 4/6/2013 17:58:29 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
4/6/2013 17:58:02   
Dual Thrusters

Like Trans said this is a game for kids=no gore ( the physical primary weapons actually do make your opponents bleed)

If you want diversity then think of your own new build and inspire people

I support that SOME weapons should be color customizable. Let's face it: no one wants to see a pink Frostbane
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
4/6/2013 18:02:49   
DeathAwaits

If you want to make cash you should change aim.. why? when is the last time kids/teens were walking around with credits cards and bank accounts? Most of the things I see is kids either complaining about varium because of their parents or avoiding it completely and just resulting to saving up credits.

Im an adult player if this helps ,I think anyone wanting to make cash should try to atleast interest 17+.I like to spend on this game. I buy alot of the things including the hero mart items.

But I will admit while still fun, I think this game needs more diversity period and a bigger aim, thats not so child catering.I will also agree its cool for a company to not worry so much with the cash side of things, but one must also agree a man/woman likes to be rewarded for their work with some cash.

Artix needs to aim just a little higher while they make awesome games, they do stay a little too kid based.I will admit once again there is nothing wrong with that as I would not want to influence a child the wrong way by adding blood when it may bother but one small server for Adult would not hurt either. And should be limited to credit verification. 9/10 a child doesnt have a credit card, and if it was used then that means there parents agreed to let them view it.

I will strongly state Im more for diversity than blood, and something about diversity can be done wayyyyy before level 40.

With more diversity there is alot less need for balance unless something is completely OP. (Which is on the dev and not the player)

**People will always exploit anything its just natural
Post #: 5
4/6/2013 18:08:21   
Ranloth
Banned

Make cash and change aim? No. How about all the other games? Does it really need changing? Amount of players that are below 18 and over 18 too - which yields more profit? AE has always been 13+ and it won't be changing for sake of mere art. Blood is allowed but to be kept to minimum because players below age of 13 can play (with parental consent) thus it'll affect them too. Also, HeroMart items are.. not related to this topic.

Blood isn't needed in major amounts. It's already being used in AE games but what effect does it give? If it's needed then fine but we aren't playing some bloody MMORPG. Diversity with skills was in regards to skill points... Players have enough for 4 tiers as it is now, and it'll be too much as we level up thus more skills will be needed. Why make 5 tiers if we won't have enough skill points to maximise their potential?

quote:

With more diversity there is alot less need for balance

No. Even if skills aren't OP. Statement is completely wrong since you can abuse whilst using many skills at once - whether passive or active.
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
4/6/2013 18:19:15   
DeathAwaits

I take it that you are a child. You will not see the things the way I do because i'm probably atleast 10yrs older than you.

Where is blood on epic duel?

Mere art hmm... diversity and art.. where do get the art side of things, oh you must mean a little blood dripping , not puddles of gore!

When I say it needs blood I do not mean a blood bath either. A sword dripping with blood after slicing you a few times is to be expected in something known as "EPIC Duel" Epic without blood is like saying My little pony is also Epic.

You say Tier this and Tier that, how often does anyone even make it to all those Tiers, 60% of the moves in classes need serious help, Use any of them and lose EPICally.

Tank with basically no Str waiting on 1 skill=boring
Support-Focus 5 and just depending on pets and repeat=boring
Smoke every match and use a bot=boring
Malf and bot and or plasma if your TM=boring

^its all wayyyyyyyy to repetitive,alot of people are not leaving because of balance your wrong they will just exploit it completely for the sake of more credits and or wins until its nerfed.

Ever heard the saying "If you cant beat em join em" well thats exactly what happens, and continues to happen.

While most cry out for balance they are also on their other account doing the exact same thing they are crying about. While waiting to use their main when its gets nerfed again.

Diversity needs to come to this game, sure some things need to get fixed. But does it really matter when your still just limited to doing the same thing?
Post #: 7
4/6/2013 18:27:33   
Ranloth
Banned

Since we aren't allowed to share our actual age, does it matter if I'm a child or not? I can be more mature than any other adult, does it matter if I'm a child or not? Just applying common sense.

What are you suggesting then? Blood is a no since age requirement/target audience and it will not be changed for sake of few players and at the cost of losing many others. So this idea will not pass. Also whether you find something boring or exciting is your personal opinion. Players play for wins, other for some fun. Wins will result in abuse just for the sake of it and fun in diversity - most of the time that is. Who is to blame for this? No one. Different types of players.
AQ Epic  Post #: 8
4/6/2013 18:27:59   
TRizZzCENTRINO

quote:

Ever heard the saying "If you cant beat em join em" well thats exactly what happens, and continues to happen.

do you even know what you are saying? so you want everyone to become that one single class/build that is over powered? where is the diversity and uniqueness in that?

plus it is very immature of you to call someone a child simply because they do not agree with you.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
4/6/2013 18:38:09   
DeathAwaits

Triz When I Say "If you cant beat em join em" I am saying that because its what everyone is already doing it , Merc Zerker and kill everyone in 2 turns , everyone thats a merc follows suit or jumps on their other account and does the same all while complaining about it. It gets nerfed, Now every merc goes support and aux/art strike everyone to death , everyone follows suit or jumps on their other account all while mumbling that support mercs need a nerf. Im not calling for all classes to do it and never once did I say that.

The next thing on the list to protest about is: Focus 5 builds which is probably already being sighed about somewhere.

Modified a few words as this dangerously neared flame-bait. ~eVentus

< Message edited by Eventus -- 4/6/2013 19:41:26 >
Post #: 10
4/6/2013 18:41:06   
Ranloth
Banned

Players play for wins so they don't care about diversity. Others play for fun so diversity seems good for them. You cannot put everyone in one group and assume they agree with you and want diversity. If you want to be diverse, go for it and be unique. You won't ever be able to force everyone to do so as well.

In addition, these Support Merc builds are pitifully easy to beat. That's the beauty of glass cannons which make it easy to beat as long as you know what to do.
AQ Epic  Post #: 11
4/6/2013 18:47:11   
DeathAwaits

they are easy especially with yeti and emp, but doesnt mean alot of people are not doing it, Im not asking for everyone to agree with me, I care more about what Artix thinks than anyone else to be honest.

I am just calling for something adult, you commenting on it is irrelevant.

Coming in here talking for Artix claiming it all child based and kid based and aimed at 13yr olds is irrelevant.

While I will admit its everyone opinion on what diversity is, Im also entitled to my own, and I really see no real diversity in this game, It struggles for it at best and is making bots to make up for its lack thereof.

Bots/Varium Weapons and Cores, But no real skills that are usable outside of purchasing varium only items on the 10k packs for 50$

< Message edited by DeathAwaits -- 4/6/2013 18:48:22 >
Post #: 12
4/6/2013 18:52:51   
Ranloth
Banned

Especially when upon registering, it asks if you're 13 or over & parent's e-mail if below? If it was higher then it'd be included there. I'm not talking for Artix but putting out facts which you've seemed to miss. I'm saying adult content is irrelevant because you'd be changing the whole policy for the game and change in content - when it's NOT necessary because it won't be much of a benefit but even lose players since age confirmation would be in order (with the change) and confirming it could be much harder than faking your own age.

quote:

I care more about what Artix thinks than anyone else to be honest.

Purpose of the Forum is to connect with the community. You won't get respect if you don't respect everyone else. If you seek Artix's answer alone, try tweeting him and hope for a reply. We are entitled to disagree (and agree, of course), and that's what the Forum is for.
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
4/6/2013 19:03:22   
DokuoThePrez

Ignoring the blatant ad hominem, you've still got numerous problems with the notion that adding blood will somehow attract people to ED. Will they play it? Maybe. But will they stay? Doubtful. If they're shallow enough to be attracted to a game because "lolblud" then they're not going to stay when they realize it's not Grand Theft Skyrim: Call of Halo and is instead a turn-based game. It's a far safer strategy from a monetary perspective - which you, yourself have been stressing - to simply stand by what's been working rather than try to change crowds with something that most likely won't work.

quote:

I care more about what Artix thinks than anyone else to be honest.

Have fun getting a reply from Artix, then, because he posts what... Once a year? If even? He's not likely to respond to any suggestions here. Besides, he's not the ED head, and barely does anything with ED. Titan or Nightwraith would be the people you ought to be trying to reach.
Post #: 14
4/9/2013 13:54:46   
  Nightwraith

Blood =/= adult. It's true that EpicDuel used to have a bit more splatter in the hit animations, particularly Massacre, but those were removed more for performance reasons than content. I don't think eviscerations or decapitations would really add much to the gameplay or the game's lasting appeal. There are plenty of games, even MMOs, that do just fine without realistic, gritty violence. Also, the lack of graphic violence is more a conscious decision of the EpicDuel devs than a edict from on high. I wouldn't be opposed to more KO and hit animations, though.

As for skills: one change we've wanted to make for awhile is make the evolved classes truly unique -- which means replacing the skills they share with other classes with unique skills. However, massive skill changes require a great deal of balance testing so it's not something we've been eager to attack. We still stand by the philosophy that diversity can be achieved through depth within the classes rather than expanding the breadth of classes.

A few ways we've incorporated diversity without new classes or skills are bots and cores. While many settle into their favorite loadout in the endgame, low and mid level dueling made quite diverse by the interesting use of cores. This can be solved with more cores for the core "shop" and more non-rare bots.
Post #: 15
4/9/2013 14:10:31   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

quote:

and more non-rare bots

No thanks, i would like more Rare bots (for rarity seekers) :)
Epic  Post #: 16
4/9/2013 14:14:37   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

No, we NEED more non-rare bots. We have like 3 in-game that don't ever go rare(Infernal Android and the two Assault Bots). Compared to the HUNDREDS of other weapons that never go rare.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
4/9/2013 14:23:34   
blade98

Indeed.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
4/9/2013 14:26:27   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

Hundreds of weps = All the same
3 robots = 2 Different

Dont see your point, only diff is looks but that doesnt effect the battle, so in fact there are more different robots then weps for lower lvls since all the weps can be made the same, were robots dont..

< Message edited by Blitzex/Sr. Zeph -- 4/9/2013 14:27:05 >
Epic  Post #: 19
4/9/2013 14:30:45   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

Hundreds of weps = All the same

Cores. That's what he's meant. There are quite a few rare ones on items that aren't in-game but during certain events. Seen the non-rare cores? Surely you'd love to see more, right? But they are rare. Likewise with Bots.
AQ Epic  Post #: 20
4/9/2013 14:31:41   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Say I don't like IA. That leaves me with two bots, both the same but different attack type. Now say I don't like Frostbane. That leaves me with hundreds of other options to choose.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
4/9/2013 14:36:45   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

quote:

Seen the non-rare cores? Surely you'd love to see more, right? But they are rare. Likewise with Bots.

Then whats the prob, both come and go?

quote:

Now say I don't like Frostbane. That leaves me with hundreds of other options to choose.

For looks? Yes
Cores? No
There arent much weps with already implemented cores nowadays, or its a seasonal, same for robots..
Epic  Post #: 22
4/9/2013 14:39:00   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

Then whats the prob, both come and go?

That we need more non-rare Bots and Cores? :V There are more of both, cores and Bots, that are rare than there are non-rare. >.>
AQ Epic  Post #: 23
4/9/2013 14:43:08   
Blitzex/Sr. Zeph
Banned

quote:

There are more of both, cores and Bots, that are rare than there are non-rare.

Released before Omega, yes
Released after Omega, no

Players that joined since omega dont had the chance to get more rares then non-rares..
Epic  Post #: 24
4/9/2013 14:57:07   
Mother1

@ zeph

There are still phase promo items that will always be rare no matter what. Plus for all we know there might even be another rare armor drop like they did with Halloween for other seasonal events as well.

Plus don't forget war items (with the baby yeti being the exception) also come out as rare as well. We don't know what the staff has in store for us and for all we know a lot more rare items could come out.
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Diversity/Other Ideas.[Read Me]
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition