Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 112 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 112 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 2 of 30«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/7/2013 14:39:46   
Jmagician

@BJEBLE: You mean a 20 card deck?

Anyways, I hope Nulgath finds a way around the CC rules. Keeping the decks restricted to new cards rather than modifying the old ones are a bit much don't you guys think? Mostly because of the reason BJEBLE has mentioned. A packed deck like that won't benefit at all from CC.
AQW  Post #: 26
4/7/2013 15:20:17   
Mondez

@Jmagician
The thing is that the characters that evolve have cards removed and added so it's a universal change plus the developers have control over the starter decks. The method of only modifying new cards won't break the game and it adds less work for the developers.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
4/7/2013 15:57:52   
Jmagician

quote:

The thing is that the characters that evolve have cards removed and added so it's a universal change

This is true, decks become much more balanced upon evolution but what if we want to work with an apprentice?

I understand the current problems with modifying initial decks, but if they find a way around it, it would be great! I see a lot of potential in some of the decks I am observing, but they all require slight modifications within the deck and don't plan on adding much to it in particular :/
AQW  Post #: 28
4/7/2013 19:12:26   
Mondez

@Jmagician
I get what you're saying, but at this point on the OS stage would be immensely difficult for the 2 coder team meaning all 100+ characters would currently have to be reworked in the system, CC would have to have its mechanics redone, and it has to be done in a way to where the server won't strain.

The time for that would literally take them more than possibly 6 months if we are creating a fully customizable deck where evolution won't be the factor. The reason why other card games have fully customizable decks is because the player has free reign and the servers don't stress out where as OS is hugely limited in terms of coding. For example the apprentice form of Vapire Lord and PumpkinLord have a huge change to their decks when they evolve hence the change of cards, if we were to say get rid of the factor of evolution then PK and Vampire Lord would still stay stuck with the apprentice form cards. Now you want a work around, but in order to do that like most online card games then the evolution deck change would have to removed first.

Besides in terms of cards, I think it's appropriate at the moment because it creates a sense of balance to where characters would increase in power when evolved because it wouldn't make sense if for say Father Minute would be in terms of power as with Founder Champion. OS would probably become a dress up game if that happens because each character would not be limited to their own decks.

What's great about OS is to where it takes a path different than traditional cards games have and that's what makes it unique and if we were to take that away with fully customizable decks then it's nothing more than a traditional average card game with just dress up avatars of different elements.

The picture is much broader than you think.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 4/7/2013 19:16:54 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
4/7/2013 19:43:26   
the warden

what would be the best way to get gold for Orc Chieftian and Ogre Mage? just get a character to level 20 and gold farm there?
The Jop: didnt think of that lol, thanks Ill do that

< Message edited by the warden -- 4/7/2013 19:53:43 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 30
4/7/2013 19:48:23   
The Jop

You didn't say where, but if you mean at the Nightmare Dungeon's treasure chest room, then yes.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
4/7/2013 20:04:01   
Char

I was thinking that maybe Oversoul has the potential of selling promo gift cards that give you a character.

You know, kind of like what they do in LoL.

< Message edited by Little Rascal -- 4/7/2013 20:38:30 >
Post #: 32
4/7/2013 20:29:00   
Lemonus

@Little
Promo Cards in LoL? Me never heard of such things xP

Did somebody already ask the big ones if Ice Orb being reflected is intentional?

EDIT: I love how the Zardmen float a little before falling :>

< Message edited by Lemonus -- 4/7/2013 20:43:43 >
DF AQW  Post #: 33
4/7/2013 20:43:19   
The Jop

Only unblockables and DoTs are not reflected. Ice Orb is immediate damage, so it should be reflected.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
4/7/2013 20:45:48   
Lemonus

How do they do it though? Ice Orb Homerun? xP

EDIT: Why do some Lv1-4 people even bother dueling anyone? -.-
EDITEDIT: Wish we could turn off the victory, encounter and lose SFX

< Message edited by Lemonus -- 4/7/2013 21:45:04 >
DF AQW  Post #: 35
4/7/2013 21:22:13   
Jmagician

@Mondez: Coding problems are only going to be more problematic as this game develops. You threw a bunch of logic that I am already aware of, sorry if I didn't stress my main thought as good as I could have. I simply want Nulgath to attempt something that allows us to be a bit more flexible with decks in the future, perhaps a time were this game isn't restricted by a lacking team. Also, I don't quite understand where evolutionary problems come into the mix? Why would a slightly broader aspect to CC affect evolution stages compared to a current aspect? Sorry for my misunderstanding, your further input on this would greatly be respected.

AQW  Post #: 36
4/7/2013 21:55:32   
Mondez

@Jmagician
The evolutionary decks are restricting the game due to the uses of variables and they are also controlled universally. Remember what I said about the devs controlling the starter cards universally? The same concept is the same with the decks that evolve because their decks are universally controlled meaning if you add and remove the starter cards for the current deck of a character then the cards would be switched for all of the same character due to the current coding. Take for example one of the current monsters that sacrifices a shield for an attack card when it ranks up due to it's coding. So for instance you remove the shield of its previous form, then the server cannot rank up the character because of the way the starter decks were coded because the starter cards are universally controlled.

So basically you want them to create more flexible decks, but the issue here is that it would be a coupe more months of coding and CC would have to be delayed even further which would cause OS to become stalled and many players would be upset at the development and the player base would drop. It's understandable that some of us would be patient, but then what about the majority?

As I stated before, if you want to have flexible stater decks then you would have to get rid of the upgrades to the decks when the characters evolve meaning if the character evolved from apprentice to veteran then they are stuck with the apprentice deck. If they started out as master, but they evolve to legendary, they are stuck with the master deck.

I like the idea, but it hinders what the coders have planned out and with coding there are no shortcuts plus with more months of development time comes testing and bug erasing which adds more months towards the development. With flexible starter decks it would also hinder in rewarding players special cards such as Revontheus obtaining the special card. At the same time I don't like the idea because it destroys uniqueness to the decks because having a fully flexible deck just causes OS to be a dress up game as I stated in my previous post. The evolution of the decks is once again I state is what makes OS unique.

What about if there was an error in card distribution like Storm Knight had with the Earth cards? That is 800+ fixes to each and every player that has Storm Knight which would have to be done individually causing a huge time break in development time when it can be shorten when done universally. There are a lot of negative factors that could come with flexible starter decks that it would waste time and render development time negatively.

Not only that when Oversoul grows with a huge fan base, the servers wouldn't be able to handle the amount of pure customization that is being done to the decks.

I will point out the reason to why other card games have full on customization was:
1. They didn't have to capture and evolve monsters.
2. The servers that they have depending on the game are much larger than the one we use.
3. They have more coders and they update monthly.
4. Some games just have auto play and also their 2D graphics aren't as sophisticated as OS.
5. Oversoul was just released without the customizing deck feature, other games were released with the customizing deck feature.

As of right now we really don't know how deck customization works. Nulgath planned out the whole Oversoul features and I'm pretty sure without flexible starter decks, it will work out fine.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 4/7/2013 22:10:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
4/7/2013 22:14:57   
Jmagician

@Mondez: Oh! I completely understand how it affects evolution, it makes a lot of sense now. I just couldn't grasp what you were saying the first time

Again, I could definitely see this idea of fully customized starter decks in the future when the game and the team is much more developed. Of course I don't see it happening now and I never did. The Beta Revolution is making so many things possible that this current game engine could not. This Beta Revolution is basically opening the doorway to CC and a massive bug extermination let alone other things as well. Who is to say that another revolution isn't going to happen right? A revolution that again allows for an even better CC/other update that would otherwise be impossible with a current game engine. I guess what I am trying to say is that ideas (once implemented) can always be improved upon and thus continuously drawing/keeping fan base. Some might notice that I always suggest improvements on how this game can get better (even if I do enjoy the current stage of said update) because I like to think of the bigger picture. Because the bigger picture is so much more interesting!
AQW  Post #: 38
4/7/2013 22:20:20   
Mondez

@Jmagician
It's great that you are suggesting features that could implement an improvement to Oversoul's growth.

The issue at the moment is the lack of coders that OS has, but if they were able to snatch a few more experienced coders like Warlic and Rolith then flexible starter decks could become a reality within a short time frame.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
4/7/2013 22:26:31   
Jmagician

@Mondez: I am prepared to give Oversoul time so they can establish themselves. In time, I hope they get all the capital they need to snatch such experienced coders. I'm currently at a low these days with SGs, I might just grab a few more soon to get that Pac. Captain.

Anyways, aren't you a coder? You should try out for the team, you might just make it xD
AQW  Post #: 40
4/7/2013 22:29:55   
Mondez

@Jmagician
I would if I had the knowledge of I believe it was Actionscript or was it Java?

Anyways the type of coding I dabble in is RGSS3 which is Ruby coding, a lot different to the coding that OS uses. Tomorrow or today I'll pm you an example on what I work with RGSS3.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
4/7/2013 22:36:35   
Jmagician

@Mondez: Oh right, a novice mistake thinking all coding is the same! I plan to learn this stuff in much more depth so please do PM when you get time.

Looking forward to BR next week, it is going to be epic!
AQW  Post #: 42
4/7/2013 22:37:03   
Lemonus

I think it's ActionScript since it's Flashy stuff...
DF AQW  Post #: 43
4/7/2013 22:37:58   
Mondez

@Jmagician
You mean this week, but I don't mind if they delay it again due to bug fixing because it makes the BR ten times better to wait for plus it makes CC come closer to releasing.

I guess I'll get a book on Actionscript then since I tend to learn better on my own plus I want to help the OS team as a volunteer coder. G'night everyone!

< Message edited by Mondez -- 4/7/2013 22:39:44 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
4/8/2013 0:46:33   
Beck

Well HI ASUKA. Nice meeting ya in PvP. Ice Beetle really, Really wanted to hug you in the face...

PvP Random so far (with Ice Beetle):
Level 7 Pyre Witch Master -- Win!
Level 10 Xmas Fiend -- Incomplete... he quit D:
Level 6 Shadow Priest (Hi Asuka) -- Win! Barely.
Level 5 Void Reaper -- Win (what in the world...)

Doing surprisingly well!

< Message edited by Lord Beck -- 4/8/2013 0:52:35 >
AQW  Post #: 45
4/8/2013 0:53:40   
Hakunin

1) To farm gold try Treasure Chest Spots in the dungeon.

2) Some people don't realise others had time to lvlup at least some character, or just real new to the game, that's why they run around like a headless chicken PvPing anyone. And some others think just because of evolution they reached they got power above they previous (and leveled) form.

3) I think Ice Orb is the same category as the combo-dealer cards (blockable, but not reflectable), or at least should be, considering its importance for a stable ice character...
AQ  Post #: 46
4/8/2013 1:11:15   
Beck

Was doing well until Asuka's LoveWeaver showed up :P
Burning, burning love, but also burning, burning Death.

A guy just refused to have a level 20 duel with me because it would "take too long". Jeez. Note: some people just like to claim they have level 20's, not to actually use them for anything.

Oh and Warlic Server is still offline.

< Message edited by Lord Beck -- 4/8/2013 2:18:17 >
AQW  Post #: 47
4/8/2013 4:15:20   
Megadragonknight

Hey there guys. Back from first day of school.
Post #: 48
4/8/2013 5:52:57   
AQSewy

Why Hello Asuka.
Solace-2

< Message edited by AQSewy -- 4/8/2013 5:53:10 >
AQ  Post #: 49
4/8/2013 5:59:52   
daichi

good morning all

A little OS before work is always the way to start your day!

or mine...at least...

anyways still trying to raise my AP to 20, not very successful so far.

DF AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 112 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 2 of 30«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition