Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= April 11th, 2013: Phase 1: Beta Revolution for Evolution

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= April 11th, 2013: Phase 1: Beta Revolution for Evolution
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/11/2013 18:41:55   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

quote:

Phase 1: Beta Revolution for Evolution
Posted on April 11, 2013 by Nulgath

Here's the first phase of out Beta Revolution!

Game Update v0.7.00

• New Lobby Interface
  • New World Map Interface
  • New Card Art
  • New Battle Screen Interface
  • New more stable game engine.
  • Damage and hitpoints multiplied by x100. ( This is for the benefit of Stats and Artifacts that will give boosts )
  • New Lobby Music.
  • New Tutorials

Coming Soon!

• Card Customization
  • Leader Boards
  • 2nd Oversoul Character Suggestion Contest

Facebook// Twitter// Youtube

Login and play using the "ONE LOGIN TO RULE THEM ALL!" Hint: That is the same login you use to to play EpicDuel, HeroSmash or log into this site.
  • AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
    4/11/2013 19:03:32   
    Paganinii

I love the new look! I still really wish the game was zoom-able, since the text can get really hard to read, but overall everything is a little more intuitive, especially the battle screen.
    Awesome.

MAGIC?! Oh, no no no, Paganinii. Magic is hardly the proper outlet for a mage such as you.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
    4/11/2013 19:15:04   
    survivor39

The new interface is really awesome. At first, I hated the idea of the hands in the screen but now I really like it.
    I find the elements charge need to be highlighted more. I think it's so easy to overlook the element charge, keep charging up and get lost for a newbie.
    Overall, the new interface raises the quality of the game. By the way, will the element air/wind ever be implemented?
    Post #: 3
    4/11/2013 19:19:09   
    frogger3456

I like it. Though since I'm not used to the damage changes it's always scary when a Barbarian puts up 1000 shield <.>
    DF AQW  Post #: 4
    4/11/2013 19:25:08   
    Paganinii

@survivor: You're right, I completely forgot about energy charge and then had to look for it. I just hit "charge" three or four times automatically...
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
    4/11/2013 19:51:53   
    xGreen Warriorx

I really hate the way the cards flip through the air from the hands to your playlist. Its unnecessary, takes up too much time, and it probably increases lag some. I wish the cards would just vanish and reappear instead.

Ok, rants over. Everything else about this update is good. I like the new buttons, they look a lot better than the old ones.

< Message edited by xGreen Warriorx -- 4/11/2013 19:52:56 >
    AQW Epic  Post #: 6
    4/11/2013 20:46:27   
    Mondez

I agree the card animations for every little thing from choosing your cards to empowering your cards is too much. I understand the hype for it, but it went towards for a little overkill.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
    4/11/2013 22:36:00   
    Wolfassassin

I have to disagree. I find it gives a really unique touch to the game. Every other online card game I've played uses the 'vanish-appear' system for card movements. These animations set the game apart from others, and like Rolith said, make it feel more like a real card game.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
    4/11/2013 23:03:24   
    Cyberbeast10

Some of the animations were overdone. Too much movements on the cards; they should simply just move directly to the slot instead of doing gimmicky flips, imo.
    AQW Epic  Post #: 9
    4/11/2013 23:08:35   
    Megadragonknight

I have no complaints about the card animations. Its just really make OS a very unique card game like what Wolfassassin said though I never play online card game before but I do know that OS will be the top and unique card and AE game.
    Post #: 10
    4/11/2013 23:12:14   
    TheSage

quote:

I really hate the way the cards flip through the air from the hands to your playlist. Its unnecessary, takes up too much time, and it probably increases lag some. I wish the cards would just vanish and reappear instead.

You dont have to wait for those animations to complete before hitting the "Play Cards" button they are nice to watch if you want to see them, but you are not forced to watch them all the time.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
    4/11/2013 23:15:47   
    Megadragonknight

Yeah, what Sage said. This is a good thing for those players who don't want to wait till the card animations is complete then you can "Play Cards".
    Post #: 12
    4/12/2013 0:16:26   
    survivor39

Solely my opinion, but i actually like the card flipping thing! I think, as others said, it brings a uniqueness to the game.

Just an idea, I think they make different types of interface. For example, instead of just being plain, the battle interface *(the boxes that holds the card and energy charge box)* could be surrounded by vines or skulls! The player would be able to choose what every type he/she prefers. But, again, just an idea.

I do think, however, the "Your turn" animation is just a bit too extravagant. I think the "Your turn" thing needs to be toned down or made smaller.
    I don't think you need a big shining banner to be reminded all the time it's your turn.
    But still, I really like the new interface. It's very polished and kudos to Nulgath and Oversoul Team for all their hard work!
    Post #: 13
    4/12/2013 2:53:41   
    BumFoolingGuy

Well the "Your turn" animation without the shine can be the toned down appearance, while made smaller, a chain could just yank it up like a fishing rod or slides upward towards your character hp to go into it.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
    4/12/2013 3:29:57   
    Megadragonknight

The "Your turn" animation isn't really that a big issue and Nulgath and team have more important stuff to do for other gameplay update. At least the "Your Turn" animation don't appear when you are "Playing Cards".
    Post #: 15
    4/12/2013 9:06:08   
    Devil of Nulgath

I love everything about the new interface, good job. Also setting game on lowest quality speeds up battles tremendously, what i <3
    AQW Epic  Post #: 16
    4/13/2013 4:24:52   
    Arthur
    How We Roll Winner
    Dec14

It's actually a little difficult to figure out the moved interface stuff even though I have been playing OS for weeks now.

Perhaps some arrows and explanation bubbles and some tutorials would make it more user-friendly because frankly, it's a lot to digest in one go seeing as the whole screen is full of clickable things.

Overall, nice job. There's a certain smoothness in the game now.

DF MQ AQW  Post #: 17
    4/13/2013 8:40:14   
    _scars_

the interface looks really nice, still dont really like the hands but that is just personal taste.
    the only problem i see is that the interface looks much better than the actual characters fighting.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
    4/13/2013 12:18:26   
    OAS Spartan

Personally the only problem is the hands... it isn't bad art... it's just they kind of ruin the story for me... the cards are fine but having those hands...

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 19
    4/13/2013 13:22:26   
    Megadragonknight

Strangely, I don't really bother about the hand anymore though it would be nice if ghostly hand replace the white hand.
    Post #: 20
    4/14/2013 17:47:04   
    Dragon Elite X

I adjusted to the hand quickly as well. Especially after turning the in battle toggle on. I would appear as though nothing has changed. You can effectively read the cards and function.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
    4/14/2013 20:27:28   
    Sir Xander

I'm excited about the new Player suggestion contest. Hopefully I can make it this time
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
    4/14/2013 20:30:49   
    Corsain

I think the new interface is pretty cool (though it took me a minute to find the map button XD). The hands during battle make me wonder if our "spirit" that possesses the characters sees everything in a 3rd person view during battles though i may just be over thinking it.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
    4/16/2013 10:01:38   
    Megadragonknight

I guess we should be very glad that the first phase of Beta Revolution was a huge success with new interfaces, features, battle engine though there are still some bugs but it was to be expected. So no complaints even for the white hands since I personally don't bother about it anymore but a ghostly hand will make Beta Revolution a total success!
    Post #: 24
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= April 11th, 2013: Phase 1: Beta Revolution for Evolution
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition