Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 1 of 2912345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/14/2013 22:25:25   
  Grixus Faldor

Discuss the features (cards, mechanics etc.) that you'd like to see implemented in the game here!

All Character Suggestions go in the =OS= Dragons, Undead & Paladins... oh my! Character Suggestion Thread.

http://oversoul.artix.com

Do not post suggestions asking for more Founder benefits to be released, the existing benefits are what Founders get and this is how it will remain. Any future suggestions to this effect will be deleted on-sight. ~James
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
4/15/2013 0:21:16   
Finncollier

OBLIVION! YEAHHHHHHH. And necromancers, and klunk...and taro.........and leona.
Post #: 2
4/16/2013 10:16:55   
Newominus

What I would like to see in the game are some Undead Legion themed cards. Dage's skellies gotta have fun too :P
AQ MQ  Post #: 3
4/18/2013 23:06:30   
Dragon Elite X

While fighting Asuka it came to my attention that if you destroy the Iron Hide (dealing over 2000 damage in a turn) it will return with another 2000 the next turn. I think this is unfair. I feel as though if Iron Hide is destroyed it should not return the second turn.

P.S. I won but I think Asuka let me because he agreed.

Lol but seriously fix this please.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
4/18/2013 23:20:41   
Tally

No, that's how Iron Hide works. Blocks 2000 damage each turn, but for 2 turns only. It's a temporary shield, so in that short amount of time it'll do more than a normal shield would.
DF MQ  Post #: 5
4/18/2013 23:56:29   
Dragon Elite X

I disagree though. What is the point of the shield taking the damage and being destroyed then reappearing full power the next turn. I'm saying if I don't destroy it fine, go back to 2000 but if I manage to destroy it. Reward me by not popping up as an obstacle my next turn.

Fair?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
4/19/2013 0:14:37   
Tally

Mm maybe, but if you do destroy it, at least the Iron Hide user still takes the leftover damage that turn.
DF MQ  Post #: 7
4/19/2013 0:18:35   
Nightly

Just to add in to the Iron Hide "debate" don't forget that Warlic has dubbed it the "problem child" so I think that the discrepancies over destroying the wall in the first turn would be overlooked until it has been efficiently turned into the "star child."

I will add that I agree with Dragon Elite X that if you manage to get around the shield it should disappear but also if you're doing that much damage against the shield it begs the question why not wait it out and do the 2000+ damage on a turn when the damage will affect the opponent's health and not his shield.
Post #: 8
4/19/2013 0:28:35   
Antithesis

How about punishment for people that disconnect from matches early?

That'd be fantastic.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
4/19/2013 1:49:29   
Melvin the redeemer

Chaos character
Dark makai
Taro
and skew
AQW  Post #: 10
4/19/2013 10:02:34   
Dragon Elite X

At the time, I couldn't wait for Asuka to live another turn. He had Cat reflex and we were both low on HP so it was imperative that I broke the shield.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
4/19/2013 10:53:02   
Beck

I'd like to see the Gold cap raised to 2 million!
AQW  Post #: 12
4/20/2013 0:04:30   
Cyberbeast10

I would like to see Piercing Attack cards getting a buff. They feel useless if you aren't using them to deliver a killing blow seeing as they are the only attacks that will ever ignore shields. I think that, now that shield values seem easier to work with, that Piercing Attacks could get a special property that they also deal 50% of their attack value towards shields:

For example, a 500 Piercing Attack would deal 500 Piercing Damage to the opponent and an additional 250 damage to the shield.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
4/21/2013 1:00:01   
kreem

I just had an idea why not PvP queue and PvE options? They could solve a lot of problems.

This way if you want to have a fairer match and can take the wait you can set parameters such as lvl, talent(master,veteran etc.) and element which is helpful for people who are tired of fighting HHMs(Headless Horsemen) or anything especially if and when elemental resistances/weaknesses are implemented. This could be for both PvE and PvP so the lvl option for PvE you can't fight a monster that is 10 lvl lower or you will gain less than usual if it is lower lvl and so on.

I am opposed to elemental weakness/resistances since PvE and PvP are random and there are usually 3 or more element types in each spot it would make everything far more difficult and complicated than it should to be. Who could honestly click the button for to go to battle when there is a big chance a character that is 10 lvls lower than you are can beat you even if they aren't that skilled and you are and the same goes for PvE.

EDIT fixed the last sentence

< Message edited by kreem -- 4/21/2013 2:08:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
4/21/2013 1:58:10   
Megadragonknight

I would like to see the limit of 20 sec in PvE/PvP battle.
Post #: 15
4/21/2013 3:53:21   
Mondez

@kreem
Reason why there will be elemental weaknesses is because in future features you will be able to swap characters in battle which will balance out the elemental weakness.

@Cyberbeast
Piercing attacks are to be weak since later on with artifacts and stats, they can be boosted.

I would like to see a personal house feature to be implemented that would house our achievements (if it gets implemented) on like a stand and the middle of the trophy room is a statue of our character if we gain first place in future tournaments as a memento.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
4/21/2013 4:19:04   
kreem

@Above

I actually smiled and laughed when I read that.

This game doesn't cost much and is already awesome but hasn't reached epic just yet but it is still in beta so I hope it gets better and doesn't get too expensive like AQ and ED did. This game is going in the right direction so please don't make it go this way and that way like AQWorlds did(Not saying AQWorlds is bad or not good just that it could have been better and is getting way too expensive)

I think the animations take too long so they should be made shorter. I tested it and it can take more than 30 seconds for all of your card's animations to finish and the average turn takes about 15 seconds and using 1 card or skipping a turn takes about 8 seconds.

This isn't counting DoTs that were placed on you or any other effects just the actual card animations you used that turn.

I was thinking about switching out characters and it would be kind of an incentive to do some grinding since you won't use weaker characters then that got me thinking about how it will work out. In PvP it wouldn't be much if any problem but PvE. How are the rewards going to work? So it will be difficult unless they thought of some innovative way to some how fix the problems of how it is going to work out

< Message edited by kreem -- 4/21/2013 6:30:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 17
4/21/2013 9:08:35   
Cyberbeast10

quote:

@Cyberbeast
Piercing attacks are to be weak since later on with artifacts and stats, they can be boosted.

They still seem weak to me (well, it will depend how these will work). If an opponent has 1000 shield and I have a 1000 Piercing Card and 2 500 Attack Cards, the Piercing Card would still be obsolete. Whether I attack first with the Piercing, then break the shield with my attacks, the same amount of damage is still done. Piercing moves only show their true usefulness if you can defeat your opponent without having to use standard attack moves afterwards.

This is because if you use a piercing attack, then break the shield, then that piercing attack might as well be treated as a really bad attack card because you broke through their shield anyway. To even give your piercing moves a shred of value (as of now) you would need to dedicate all your follow-up moves exclusively to piercing and that is impractical for 2 reasons:

1. You're refusing to use your standard attack moves which there are plenty. You will resort to discard them and constantly draw until you get get buffs, blocks and piercing. Essentially, you're removing all non-piercing attack cards from your deck.

2. Ice and Earth characters have cards that let them convert shields into attack. Since Piercing Cards do nothing against shields, your opponent can mount a dreadful offensive faster than you will ever be able to.

@kreem
As for attack animations, I do agree they are a bit long at times. Maybe they could add a "Skip animations" or "fast animations" button(s) to increase the pace of the battle in PvE?

As for switching out characters, I think the best solution to that question is simply making EXP gained by characters depending on how much damage they deal, but I don't know how big of changes that would need.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
4/21/2013 9:15:07   
Vagaran

I agree with MegaDragonKnight.

Lower the time needed to use your turn to 20 seconds, IMO 30 seconds is to much especially considering many players just use the AFK strategy (not attacking AT ALL) which ends up quite annoying for those of us who actually want to finish the battle fast.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 19
4/21/2013 10:45:11   
megakyle777

I disagee with this notion about making battle times 20 seconds. You see, speaking from a persoanl perspective I sometimes get called off for about that time or more. Maybe it;'s something unimportant. maybe i HAVE to leave for that time. maybe I'm just looking at the fourms or need the toilet. My point is, make it 20 seconds and I WILL lose the match due to it as will many people. 30 is perfect as it is long enough to leave for anything save a serious emergency, in which case OS will be the least of your worries anyway.
DF  Post #: 20
4/21/2013 11:10:41   
ValkyrieKnight

@ MegaKyle

Sorry, but no, the time limit should be cut in half. You have plenty of time to plan out your next move on your opponent's turn so don't go acting like you can only plot your next move after you've seen what you're opponent has done ( unless the person uses counter attack or Iron hide ) This still would not impact your planned next move enough that you'd need the extra 15 seconds to make a move.

quote:

maybe i HAVE to leave for that time. maybe I'm just looking at the fourms or need the toilet. My point is, make it 20 seconds and I WILL lose the match due to it as will many people. 30 is perfect as it is long enough to leave for anything save a serious emergency, in which case OS will be the least of your worries anyway.

This argument fails on more levels than one. What do we lose if we were to lose a fight? That's right ! Nothing ! I can see if the game kept track of lose/win count or that you actually lost something upon the loss of a fight but currently they're no penalties for losing a fight. Take EpicDuel which does in fact keep score of your win/lose, you get 15 seconds and everyone is fine with that. You even have enough time to look at your opponents build and still have enough time to make a move. 30 seconds is simply unnecessary. I'm sorry if you have to go potty or have a call but that's just how games are. I most certainly wish I could be playing a fighting game online and say "Oh sorry ! I need to go to the little girl's room, be back in 2 minutes"

< Message edited by ValkyrieKnight -- 4/21/2013 21:10:46 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 21
4/21/2013 17:40:26   
kreem

I think they should keep it at 30 and make animations go faster. They add way too much animation to each attack so make them quicker and simpler. Also the cards flipping back into your hands and on the thing and that is also too much it is OK to have the card flipping but you should be able to move it from your hand, to the thing and back anytime instead of waiting for it to flip all the way. so you won't have to wait a few seconds because you accidentally clicked on something or just changed your mind. Animations for OS have always been too much but it is still beta so anything and everything can be changed. This is the time to make any changes before you have to start focusing more on releases instead of features, bugs and other problems.

< Message edited by kreem -- 4/21/2013 17:41:55 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 22
4/21/2013 18:02:22   
Vagaran

@Megakyle
Well there needs to be somekind of penalty. So far all I see with lower levels are:
Their turn: AFK for 30 sec
My turn: charge
Their turn: AFK for 30 sec
My turn: charge

And it continues to be like that until I decide I've had enough and leave. ED got 15 second to react in and I don't see anyone say that is too little. Something needs to be done about people not reacting in 30 seconds, so the solution would be:
1: somekind of penalty if you fail to react within the 30 secondss X amount of times

or

2: Simply lower the time you have.

EDIT:
Oh and an energy cost on Incinerate! I really think fire needs a nerf in incinerate as that card is way to strong on them.

< Message edited by vagaran123 -- 4/21/2013 18:03:53 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 23
4/21/2013 21:13:11   
ValkyrieKnight

@ Vagaran

Who doesn't think incinerate is overpowered? That card alone makes Fire masters on league with Legendary characters.

Edit : I think I'd be more in favor of new cards rather than new characters for now, I'm a bit tired of seeing carbon copy characters like WetEye is nearly ( if not ) a complete carbon copy of Ogre Shaman, what is this travesty?

Ogre Shaman
Weteye

< Message edited by ValkyrieKnight -- 4/21/2013 21:37:18 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
4/24/2013 7:33:33   
Melvin the redeemer

i want to see that if you click on your character is transform into a boy or girl so you choose your gender
AQW  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 1 of 2912345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition