Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 28 of 29«<2526272829>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/15/2014 7:52:19   
Skurge
The Dealer

Thread unlocked

quote:

On Basic Courtesy:

• Always assume good faith Differences of opinion and misunderstanding happen. Accusing people of dishonesty or hostility creates an environment of negativity, which can only serve to disrupt the community.

• The forums are made up of a very diverse cross-section of the global community. Accordingly, we ask you to remember that not everyone speaks English as a primary language. Not everyone has the same education. Not everyone is of the same race, ethnicity or religion. Not everyone has the same ideas and opinions as you do. Treat each other with kindness, respect and tolerance. This is not a request.

• It is a very bad idea to make demands (including that they read the rules), issue orders, warn them, or otherwise engage in mini-moderating. If you have any doubts about whether you can make such a post without mini-moderating, it is best to not make the post at all.

• Please refrain from posting in very problematic threads (those which by nature violate the rules of this forums) and instead alert a moderator or AK to their presence.

• I will ask one more time to keep the discussion civil and respect other forumites opinions. I have repeatedly reminded everyone here to assume good faith to your fellow forumites, yet it continues to happen.

Lord Beck has already reminded everyone about constructive criticism (http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=21575306) and I expect you to acknowledge this before posting any further. If you have a suggestion and someone tries to argue with you, report it to an ArchKnight or the head Moderator to deal with. Senseless back and forth arguments is not a way to get your point across nor is it respected here.

I'm being very lenient with the offending posters and I suggest you don't take advantage of this. Further instances of this will result in severe warnings.

~Skurge,
    ArchKnight Oversoul General Discussion

< Message edited by Skurge -- 1/15/2014 8:13:07 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 676
    1/15/2014 8:58:18   
    Jacke21777

@Skurge Wouldn't dream of it.

@Beck
    quote:

That being said, your comment about wanting a free-to-obtain character named "Anniversary _____" has been noted. I'm sure even if Nulgath doesn't check the wiki, Asuka/Sage will, and they'll bring it up once that season rolls around again.
    I'm pretty sure that this was what you phrased, the last post you made before this one that is. What I want is something that will appeal to everyone for every release, the OS anniversary being an example. The uncommon dedication of an entire release to the release of evolutions for unobtainable characters leaves quite a bit of us without satisfaction, especially after the multiple weeks of inaction due to the increased length of time between them due to their bi-weekly nature. And especially for something as important as an anniversary. I would like to see this changed, especially for any substantial future releases. (Objective, but I think that anniversaries and important days like that would definitely count.)
    Post #: 677
    1/15/2014 18:41:04   
    DidYouKnowThat

They've only had 1 anniversary so far, what makes you think they'll keep repeating this? IMO, you're taking one release very seriously, a bit too serious in fact.

I'd understand if this was a reoccurrence, but just give'm time and you'll see. I can guarantee that. Nulgath isn't one to make everything for a specific group of people. He is KIND. >:O
    Post #: 678
    1/15/2014 19:01:07   
    Andlu

He's an Archfriend at all. Hue.
    Yes just wait and you'll be impressed. Few rares(Gah) and tons of release when the time come!
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 679
    1/15/2014 19:03:13   
    DidYouKnowThat

Andlu understands.

Yeah, and really I can't wait until Quests come out. . . . what does he have in store for us?! All I know as of right now is that we got killed by Nulgath, and searching for 7 pieces of something to re-build our Soul. . .. Lel.
    Post #: 680
    1/15/2014 19:06:58   
    Andlu

I DO hope we have more story after the 7 artifacts. It would be too low
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 681
    1/15/2014 19:27:43   
    DidYouKnowThat

@Andlu: I am sure there will be. After all, the 7 artifacts are ONLY to revive us. Will we grow stronger and maybe challenge Nulgath as an NPC in-game? . .. and then die 99.9999% chance of course. .. LOOL

And either way, if you read Alina's twitter, Nulgath is hard at work creating an armor SET and mini-nulgath pet for AQW. He has so much to work on, and I find the current updates to still be pretty fun.

Imagine how it's going to be with his full attention on Oversoul. Can't wait for it!
    Post #: 682
    1/15/2014 19:52:50   
    Trollok!!!

And once the coders come back, we can expect more gameplay features as well like the awaited character switching :)
    DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 683
    1/15/2014 19:57:50   
    DidYouKnowThat

Character switching! I totally forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder Trollolok!!!!

I cannot wait for that too. . . .:) It will bring an IMMENSE amount of strategy into the game, something I can't wait for. You can charge something to 20 energy, then switch it out and keep it
    as an emergency reserve,

or when an opponent switches into something bulky, I can go ahead and take out my Gentleman. ..

Though I must ponder upon how well CC's will affect this?. . . . since CC's go on all characters, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, I think I read somewhere that in Oversoul, we will have our own stats too? Especially speed, so going 1st won't be dictated.
    Post #: 684
    1/15/2014 20:01:23   
    Trollok!!!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure stats were mentioned at some point. Should be interesting.

As for CC, I'm assuming they might make it character specific, especially since some people have like 90 101 attacks that aren't going to be used in any other way. But I can only speculate. But character switching definitely should bring more life to the game.
    DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 685
    1/15/2014 21:10:12   
    Jacke21777

@Did It's precisely because of the fact that I think this may be repeated that I'm posting this here. It happened once, what's to stop it from happening again? As you have stated quite empathetically, this game is still in Beta, and therefore any releases now will set a precedent for other future releases. Neither you nor I can guarantee anything, based on the assumption that we are neither a developer nor a part of the staff. What happens now is what's important. Without this message here, Nulgath would go on thinking that everything was peachy with that release, in regards to the player base. To see change, one must act.

What makes you think that there'll be seven artifacts? Or character switching? After seeing alignment all but scrapped, deduced from the numerous destined characters that were released without regards to alignment. I, for one, am against elemental resistance. That adds an unnecessary amount of picking and counter-picking in a game; the cards are diverse enough for each respective element.

Edit: Also, in case you think that it's the reason behind my request, I'm going to say this again, since I don't think you understand what I meant by my example in regards to the zombie: Stress-testing, rares, and/or anything of value like the aforementioned have nothing to do with this. I vehemently restate this.

< Message edited by Jacke21777 -- 1/15/2014 21:19:15 >
    Post #: 686
    1/15/2014 21:47:44   
    shadowgasher0090

I would like to have a chat option during PvP battles. I would also like to have a chaos character PLEASE, there is an element tab in character selection for it, yet it is empty...a good first chaos character could be a new year character, like the chaos classes and armors in AQW.

"Good men mean well, they just don't always end up doing well." - Issac
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 687
    1/16/2014 2:45:38   
    DidYouKnowThat

@Jacke: And I'll say it again. Nulgath is a person too, and he knows that in order for Oversoul to grow, it'll need a bigger player base. What happened now was a special event, for the testers, because
    they were promised something, and it was implemented. This update is DIFFERENT, because since the Tester/Founder promises were fulfilled, he won't need to worry about that anymore, AND he'll
    have even more time for Oversoul in the near-future, since right now he is extremely busy. Cut him some slack. It ain't easy I bet.

What makes me think that? Because I believe they released some information on the storyline a while ago, and I read it. Lol. It could change, but not by a long shot.
    And for Character switching, it was also said that there would be. And Elemental Resistance would go well with the Character switching + artifacts which he said can affect your health, energy cap, etc.

@ShadowGasher: I'd love to chat in PvP also, but I guess it might lead to profanity at times. LOL. It could be implemented in the future, especially maybe a ''Canned'' in-battle chat, but
    as of right now, you'll have to use other Instant-messages such as Twitter, Facebook, Skype, etc.

As for Chaos characters. Warlic already said that the game engine can't handle Chaos element just yet I think. So just give'em time to make it happen.

Post #: 688
    1/16/2014 2:50:47   
    The Death Angel

I wouldn't mind being able to speak in PvP battles. Could have some nice conversations with the lovely PvP players
    Though admittedly it's almost the same players I meet everyday :p
    DF AQW Epic  Post #: 689
    1/16/2014 2:52:20   
    DidYouKnowThat

Just make sure you have an eye on the timer if you're typing a lot . . .xD
    Post #: 690
    1/16/2014 3:30:25   
    Jacke21777

@DUKT I think you're making a mistake. I'm not demanding anything of him. I would like to see this done, that is all. I can't exactly "cut-him-slack," when I don't know his capabilities. Perhaps that week was an oversight. Then what? What I'm trying to say is that making a release that caters only to one area of the player base is not right, which I want him to notice. I can't exactly control Nulgath or anything, but what I can do is alert him to it.

Anyways, all the extra features are still lying there. Unless you have prophetic vision or some type of telepathic communication, we can't determine any of it in certainty. What we CAN do is draw conclusions from the clues. Like how character alignment was scrapped.

They might as well scrap chaos as well. It's not a traditional element, as games go, and it's an uncomfortable link to Nulgath's roots in AQW. Perhaps, wind or something, coming from other AE games.

Edit: Repetitively telling me how I should treat others isn't the purpose of this thread, anyhow. What's the purpose of your disagreement? Since you, yourself, have mentioned that you started early-on, on what basis are you debating with me? You are certainly not a part of the group that was overlooked. What you're fighting for seems to be the continuation of the game as before. This might happen with or without your approval or will be denied, again, with or without your approval. You, apparently, don't want change. The developers might agree with you for reasons of their own, and with better knowledge too, due to their awareness of their own workloads. The developers are grown men and I trust that they'll make the right decision in regards to this case. Quite simply, I don't find your argument to be a valid reason for your participation in this lengthy debate. Are you trying to put words into the developers' mouths?

< Message edited by Jacke21777 -- 1/16/2014 4:07:49 >
    Post #: 691
    1/16/2014 5:33:04   
    DidYouKnowThat

Yeah, Oversoul being a free2p game, no doubt a release for one group of the player base isn't right, though think about it. It's still in testing, and even before the anniversary, it was already known that for next year we would
    see the arrival of Skexis/VK/Rev. And not to mention you have to remember that the Devs got their hands full.

I keep saying, after the releases of other games, they can turn the majority of their attention to Oversoul, and create more releases, which in turn, are able to cater to everyone.
    Every game needs some way of making money, and this game only has one, unlike some other games such as AQW, which have two, Membership and AC's. So of course if there
    are a lesser amount of releases, then the majority of them are indeed going to cost $$$ or had to be top priority of some kind- for testers, VK, Skexis, Rev.

All you got to do is be a bit patient, and you'll see that things will work out.

So we can't express our opinions on how things are going to be like? We all know things can have a chance to go on the downside and such, but it's better to have a positive attitude instead, don't you agree?

It certainly adds a bit more of ''Luck'' into the game. . .

Then you have to think about it, what uniqueness would Wind or something have? If you're thinking about fast moves/pressuring the opponent, well I think that's well covered by Energy element.
    The only other feature not covered by any other element would be Luck, or in other words, Chaos!
    So in a gist, Chaos = Luck. :P

Though Luck is already partially covered with the 3-hit DoT and the 5-hit Stun. But I guess Chaos will complete it.

My point is, there are reasons why Anniversary didn't cater to everyone, and that you just have to be patient.

< Message edited by DidYouKnowThat -- 1/16/2014 6:13:36 >
    Post #: 692
    1/16/2014 9:12:22   
    Jacke21777

That's it. I'm done. The basis of your entire argument is the premise that they have "reasons" for their lack of attention. Fair enough. However, as you can see, I have replied to it in my statement above. I don't intend to drag this out any longer, since, like I said, you have exhausted most of your reasonable points and have resorted to recycling your past points which I have both acknowledged and refuted. Let me clarify, in case you didn't read it the first few times around:You are not them, and therefore, you have no basis on which to throw out such assumptions. This thread is for the suggestion of things players would like to see, as per the thread title. What would you like to see, instead? Entire releases dedicated to evolutions for SG characters, perma-rare characters, and exclusive reward-characters? Or the complete ignorance of the free-player-base?

Edit #1: This game needs funding, right. However, how can you persuade people to lay down their hard-earned money, for a microtransaction no less; near-costless shift in programming, when you haven't given them anything by which to see that it's a good game? For motivation, like I have said, the lifetime SG rewards only go up to 300. Making releases for characters which costs 12 SG at most is no biggie, when you think of how much we're willing to spend in AQW and other games. Increasing it would do no good, as it might incite strikes; again, precedent. Therefore, making more releases for SG characters would not do you any good, and might even be a subtraction, when you take the "advertisement and persuasion" thing I have mentioned above into account. My suggestion would be to make 500 SG and 1000 SG characters which are balanced, but are worth their weight in gold; incentive. Making releases full of SG characters is almost certainly not the way to go, and most of the rare characters don't cost SG.

Edit #2: As to your claim of "waiting," let me reiterate. "Without this message here, Nulgath would go on thinking that everything was peachy with that release, in regards to the player base. To see change, one must act." The purpose of this thread is change. Patience can be a part of it, but patience requires something of worth to be happening; sort of like ice works so well due to the power of it's DoT. Plain shielding isn't any good due to that fact that extending the game does nothing. You don't need the turns for anything. How can someone be "patient"...for nothing? What you want is the opposite of the purpose of this thread; for things to stay the same. (Or is it, referring to the aforementioned post above.) So why bother posting? "The developers might agree with you for reasons of their own, and with better knowledge too, due to their awareness of their own workloads. The developers are grown men and I trust that they'll make the right decision in regards to this case." You're not contributing any points as to why it should stay the same; you're just, literally, commanding me to sit by and do nothing.

< Message edited by Jacke21777 -- 1/16/2014 9:35:01 >
    Post #: 693
    1/16/2014 9:45:53   
    DidYouKnowThat

I don't need anymore reasons. I keep bringing the same ones up again because although they are enough, it seems like you just don't understand them. I bring them up so hopefully you'll notice, but I guess not. :P

And furthermore, there has only been 1 anniversary so far. What makes you think they'll keep it up with the catering to a specific group of the player base? Are you assuming that this is what they're going to do?
    Like I said, it was a special event and the key points of it were already planned from a while ago, the promise of Skexis/VK/Rev.

Furthermore, Nulgath said he didn't like Perma-rares, so you won't see one like AQW. Remember, this is OS, not AQW. So you'll see very limited amounts of Perma-rares.

I am a Free-player, and I don't mind if there are releases that cater to buyers only. After all, this game isn't free, it needs $$$ to keep it running, doesn't it?
    They are NOT completely ignored.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What I would like to see more of are repeatable quests that have Gold/XP rewards, not just shops. Or maybe not even making new quests, maybe improving existing quests?

Such as the SleepyWolf Inn. When you kill all of the Rats, I think you should be rewarded with additional Gold/XP.
    Post #: 694
    1/16/2014 10:17:33   
    Jacke21777

I've answered all your points without fail. I've understood them AND noticed them so much that I've actually compiled counterarguments. Why do you refuse to address them, as stated, rather than assume that "I don't understand?" There's a fine difference between something making no sense and actually ignoring the content.

What makes you think they'll stop at that? Since this is Beta, as you have mentioned, every release sets a precedent for the releases that follow. Without proper feedback in regards to it, would it not be reasonable to write on a thread called "What would YOU like to see?" One would assume that everyone in Oversoul would get something out of it, especially since it's aptly named OS anniversary, not the "Alpha-Stress-Test-Anniversary".

Vehemently. I have addressed this, vehemently. Ctrl-F "Vehemently"

I have addressed the "$$$" concern. Again, Ctrl-F "Money" for my last post.

Edit: A paraphrase for your last posts (Ad-lib):

he'll have even more time for Oversoul in the near-future, since right now he is extremely busy. Cut him some slack. It ain't easy I bet.

They've only had a few quests so far, what makes you think they'll keep repeating this? IMO, you're taking one quest very seriously, a bit too serious in fact.

It's still in testing, and even before next year, it was already known that for next year we would see the arrival of a Grand Quest, which will revolutionize questing. And not to mention you have to remember that the Devs got their hands full.

I keep saying, after the releases of other games, they can turn the majority of their attention to Oversoul, and create more releases, which in turn, will see to the release of better quests and rewards.

All you got to do is be a bit patient, and you'll see that things will work out.

My point is, there are reasons why the cellar rat quest doesn't give out additional Gold/XP rewards, and that you just have to be patient.

Can you see my point, now?

~Removed excessive ~~~ that caused the page to stretch. Please only use a few of these if you want to break up your post, or use the
    [hr]
    code to make a break.
    Mritha
    OSGD Head Moderator

< Message edited by Mritha -- 1/16/2014 17:23:45 >
    Post #: 695
    1/16/2014 10:28:02   
    DarkLore

... I'm just going to suggest something now. Here's an idea of mine! We should eventually be able to play the orc vs. ogre war. Not good enough? FINE! It would be a typical war, but you'd have to beat a boss for each side! (Players can choose which side, but be able to do both. Why make it to where you can only play one side and never get the other boss? Exactly! You don't!) Yeah they wouldn't be the Chieftain (He's purchasable.) and Klunk (That sounds likely though.)
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 696
    1/16/2014 17:22:54   
    ND Mallet
    Legendary AK!!!

Going to step in here and say that this thread is for suggesting new features or adding changes to new ones. Sadly there will always be a time that Nulgath decides to reward SG buyers or players who have been here longer than others. The number of times there have been releases that have been for both players is quite large, as well as releases for free players only. One F2P release brought out some of the greatest monsters in the game(Cosoma, Poison Drake) and several others gave us X-Mas Elf and some other strong characters completely free AND requiring no effort but to log in to get them. Some of the very best characters in this game don't cost a single SG to get if you're persistent. You can bring up difficulty of catching and encountering a character, but if the Time Gentleman was in a shop and cost 10 SGs, a free player would have even less chance of ever getting him compared to uber rare and hard to possess. F2P games can only exist because of paying players so naturally they get better stuff and recognition. Any other online game out there would throw out table scraps once in awhile to draw in new people and to at least pretend they care about ALL their customers. But OS and AE in general is different. Some of the very best characters are completely free to use, albeit hard to find.

And with that, I'm sad to say we can't continue this conversation as it's very close to becoming a huge mess. Not to mention it's already a free vs paying players argument which are usually outright banned in other forum sections because the community can't handle themselves. I understand you're worried about the balance of free and SG content, but have faith in Nulgath. He's done great so far, and with Sage in charge of decks I can guarantee that the free characters will continue to be strong, if not stronger than some SG characters.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 697
    1/16/2014 17:57:06   
    Jmagician

+1 Moose

@DarkLore: Didn't the Orc vs Ogre already happen? We had that one release.
    AQW  Post #: 698
    1/16/2014 18:05:38   
    ShadowMoon

@ ND mallet ahhh the orange, it stings!! really wish we could make the blank area in our posts black instead of that grayish white
    that aside i'd like to see more dragons in this game.
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 699
    1/16/2014 20:48:56   
    DidYouKnowThat

+1 Moose.

@ShadowMoon: And I'd like to have the Dragons have different looks according to what ''age'' they are, know what I mean? Because I really like the Dragonfable version of Dragons. . .
    the legs ain't stubby, and it actually has a broad chest, a neck, and it looks much better. And especially in Oversoul with the animations, it'll look sick.

@JMagic: I don't really count that as a war. . .. eh? Just kill/possess some ogres/orcs. . . that's it. . . .That was more like a quest.
    So with that being said, maybe it didn't end yet? Possibly it will continue. . . .?

Heh, so the storyline goes, we get killed by Nulgath, and we're searching for the 7 Soul Shards, right? Then we get mixed up in our first war, Orc vs. Ogre? That'd be interesting.
    Then after that, we move on, and etc. . . .

Post #: 700
    Page:   <<   < prev  25 26 27 [28] 29   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST
    Page 28 of 29«<2526272829>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition