Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 3 of 29«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/6/2013 21:42:37   
Buizie

I'd like to see a way to get out of a battle, like run away or something. The battles can take a really long time to do, and this makes finding limited-time/specific characters in explore all the more difficult.
Of course you probably wouldn't be allowed to run away from certain important battles.
Post #: 51
5/7/2013 1:05:19   
Latias007

I know that this is a really long list, but I really want these to be implemented for the good of the game.

1. Harder monster battles.
I'm tired of always winning regardless of how powerful the opposition appears.

2. Some sort of damage increase for each time you level up.
The change of 200 HP without any damage increase, imo, unbalances the game. This is because you can afford to spend more turns charging your attacks, instead of attacking earlier for the extra turn of damage. A more technical description would be: "The higher the level you are, the more likely you are to win by charging more than if you had not, due to the health increase formula. This factor of victory chance for each charge count should instead be almost entirely dependant upon what your deck construction is and how it compares to your opponent's." Considering damage is already dealt in the hundreds, it shouldn't be too inconvenient to devise a system where damage is increased by factors of at least 1% (which is too inconvenient for basic integer damages that would necessitate decimals).

3. A number above each element to display its charge upkeep numerator, out of its maximum charge upkeep numerator.
This should be rather easy to implement, and it really feels like something that should be there. It is very easy to forget what your charge upkeep is, as well as what its maximum is.

4. More reason to use piercing attacks.
This definitely feels like it should be implemented. They should be the better attack cards under certain circumstances, but that does not seem to be the case. Instead, they currently seem like the 'moles of the deck'. Imo, a good way of making piercing attacks better would be if they generally dealt half as much damage as attack cards of the same cost, but dealt that much damage to both shields and health, instead of only health. This would mean that if a character had 500 health and 200 shields, a pierce attack of 100 damage and 2 cost would deal 100 damage, dealing 100 damage to those shields and also dealing 100 health damage, leaving the character with 400 health and 100 shields. At the 400/200 healths, if the piercing attack had the card "Empower" used on it, the attack would instead deal 400/400 or 250/250 damage, leaving the character with 100 health and 0 shields or 250 health and 0 shields.

4.2. Instead of my recommendation, perhaps simply increasing the power to cost ratio of piercing attacks to almost match basic attacks. Possibly also adding a third type of attack that does what I recommended? Piercing (exists), cutting (recommended), and smashing (exists as basic) attacks?

5. Regular attacks being unable to deal damage to health if they dealt damage to sheilds. By this, I mean that a basic attack with cost 4 and 500 damage, when used against a character with 300 shielding, should not be able to eliminate that shielding in addition to dealing 200 health damage.
The reason is to give the weaker basic attack cards (1 cost 100 damage, 2/200) an actual purpose, while nerfing the overpowered stronger attack cards (like "Shatter"). Of course, this would greatly assist in balancing the game.

6. Obviously, a better deck customisation system.

< Message edited by Latias007 -- 5/7/2013 1:14:59 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
5/7/2013 1:19:06   
Raiii

1. a Hybrid Chamber - we get to combine certain combinable characters

1.1 Hybrid Characters (characters we merely catch, we don't have to combine two other characters unlike suggestion 1)

2. ND's suggestion of adding a reminder whenever we change characters so that custom cards (like the Ice Series) don't mix with our deck of Fire characters among others

3. Character deletion

~Puncture

< Message edited by Raiii -- 5/7/2013 22:21:59 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 53
5/8/2013 17:56:23   
Josh Lycanthropy

Soul Possession Animation
What would really make Oversoul even cooler is if we can see our oversoul possess a soul! Or see that soul escape and see our oversoul make a sad face, speaking of which...

Oversoul Design
An oversoul should have striking differences from normal souls, such as: a hungry face, pincers near the mouth to grab onto a soul, and change according to the player's alignment, like Blue for Neutral with perhaps a skull design, Gold for Good and have an angelic look, and Red for Evil with a fiendish appearance.

Here's my concept idea for how an Oversoul should look if it was Neutral.
http://zonagon.deviantart.com/art/Oversoul-370478716
AQW  Post #: 54
5/12/2013 0:48:10   
Latias007

I disagreed with the above person's ideas (Josh Lycanthropy) until I saw the image. That could make it look really cool, and I personally massively approve! If only it didn't look so scary (although it is already suitably scary), I think it would be better.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
5/12/2013 1:02:01   
trophy435

I would just like to see one of the Orbs of Nulgath from AQW get put on OS.
DF AQW  Post #: 56
5/12/2013 11:39:00   
necro rouge

i would like to see refresh removed. forever. by burning.
AQW  Post #: 57
5/15/2013 8:06:13   
Jacke21777

-...how about making the appearance lock save even after relog? it's annoying to set it again every time I log in
-also, can we delete characters? dun't liek dem ugly ones
Post #: 58
5/16/2013 1:30:19   
almanac01

@Necro rouge: Burning a water card? INCONCEIVABLE.
@Jacke21777: You can't.

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 59
5/16/2013 14:29:25   
Beck

I'd like to see an option for setting and saving CC, for quicker equipping and unequipping.

For example, when I'm level grinding, I like to pack my Ice characters with 5 Shatters. However for duels, that is usually a terrible idea, so before I duel I'd have to go into the menu and select new cards.
It would be nice if I can have a saved "Farming" and "Dueling" deck.
AQW  Post #: 60
5/16/2013 19:35:35   
Cyberbeast10

quote:

i would like to see refresh removed. forever. by burning.

Nah, all it needs is to have its effect changed from +300 Heal to +500 Heal and be free. Why? Because you're converting a 500 shield and it would look better, it feels as if you're downgrading the thing. It should also be free because you're already paying 3 for the shield conversion and it should be a +500 Heal because it costs 3 energy + 1 card (Refresh by itself is useless, so it being a card combo requires it to be a bit more cost-efficient)
AQW Epic  Post #: 61
5/17/2013 12:02:16   
Jacke21777

@almanac01 I know you can't. That's why this is on the suggestion thread instead of the Q&A thread.
Post #: 62
5/17/2013 18:01:33   
KingoftheNight

Character by character Card Customization so that way you certain cards on certain characters and you won't get cards you can't use because they're not the element of the character you are using.
Post #: 63
5/17/2013 18:27:03   
overkill007

please dont make card deletion accepted, as when that is merged with the card customisation packs even apprentices can become legendaries, and most of the community worked hard for those legendaries, we dont want them to be undistinguishable from apprentice monsters
Post #: 64
5/17/2013 18:31:07   
DeathGuard

@Overkill007: It was stated that Deleting Feature wouldn't affect original deck, rather the cards you got from the CC packs. Also it is not deleting them, rather selling them because they are of no use when you get +5 of each card. Also Sage( an OS tester) stated the feature wouldn't be ready for next release, that it would take time to make it able to introduce in-game due to coding.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 65
5/19/2013 14:20:28   
ValkyrieKnight

A simple request. Please make it so that we don't have to worry about timing our PVP registrations just to go first, its a very annoying system that whoever signs up first goes second.

Edit : Would like a disconnect from the game if people wait idle on their own turn for more than 40 seconds, getting stuck in game conveniently always when its my opponents turn gets frustrating cause most of the time ( if not all ) I'm winning when it happens.

< Message edited by ValkyrieKnight -- 5/19/2013 14:25:16 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 66
5/23/2013 14:03:04   
DarkLordDoom

Some characters belonging to a particular class (Apprentice, Veteran, Master or Legendary) are unbalanced.
For instance, the Darkon Drago is a Legendary character & as such, it should possess a distinct characteristic of a Legendary in power however it lacks the peculiar force that makes a Legendary character, Legendary.

When I combat such characters (like the Darkon Drago), I'm never concerned, apprehensive & even anticipant because I know that victory against those character is almost inevitable & as a result, it's often boring.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 67
5/27/2013 2:19:30   
dragonmon

Sepulchure by nulgath would probably be the most epic thing in the history of epic which i believe predates awesome history
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
5/27/2013 18:48:11   
daichi

Character pages.
DF AQW  Post #: 69
5/27/2013 23:41:50   
Cyberbeast10

More motivation to farm. For a game that is centering itself (currently) on farming, it doesn't do much to motivate you aside from Gold (which derives to some characters and CC) and the basic level up mechanics. In addition, farming is quite monotomous, so I would like to farming being a more fun activity and less of a chore.
AQW Epic  Post #: 70
5/28/2013 11:38:07   
Aatavw

I would love to see them put a beta character out. Meaning, at the end of Open Beta there will be some beta character in character shop for all players to get! And after beta ends its gone forever!

(just like founder champion and founder status)
AQW Epic  Post #: 71
5/29/2013 3:56:12   
Raiii

I want to see the rarity chance of CC cards from Gold packs get amped up. I know SGs should still get an advantage but it's nearly impossible to get a decent hand of cards from just Gold packs O____O

~Puncture
AQW Epic  Post #: 72
5/29/2013 9:20:47   
ValkyrieKnight

Out of 6 Card packs, only 1 of them were useful to me, and it was a bunch of defense cards, the other 5 were straight 101 and pierce cards. Considering we have to seek good cards for all types ( probably not lightning or neutral ) the rarity of "usable" cards in custom gets ludicrous. Each card purchased should equally have a chance to be good or bad, it seems like you either get all bad cards ( common ) decent cards ( rare ) and good cards ( very rare )

< Message edited by ValkyrieKnight -- 5/29/2013 9:23:30 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 73
5/29/2013 11:48:00   
Cyberbeast10

Well, maybe they could make it so you can "invest" more gold per pack to increase your chances, of course, never at the margin that SG have. However, I think what should be best is increase the utility of lower-end cards and add Trading. I mean, for a Card-esque game, you'd think trading would fit. Yes, I can, of course, see some problems.
AQW Epic  Post #: 74
5/29/2013 17:16:07   
daichi

I would like to see free legendarys for all the starters.

Also, to be able to see when temporary exp boosts will expire.

< Message edited by daichi -- 5/29/2013 18:00:59 >
DF AQW  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= What would YOU like to see? III - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 3 of 29«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition