Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 113 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 113 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 4 of 31«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/16/2013 8:41:38   
TheSage

Well the idea was to make it hard because they unlock the ability to get a Legendary character, and Legendary characters are not meant to be easy to obtain.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 76
4/16/2013 8:48:43   
Nue Girl

Yes You Gotta Suffer If You Want A Legend :3

Post #: 77
4/16/2013 9:58:09   
Megadragonknight

Hey there guys, was back very late. I heard of a new character preview. Jono and Todd. Once again and again, Rev never cease to amaze me! So there will be more Asylum characters in the future. I am looking forward to that! So many different types of characters in OS to possess and use! I really love OS.
Post #: 78
4/16/2013 11:38:23   
TheSage

@Hakunin : the quest is to unlock the shop WITH the legendary character, meaning the quest itself should not be easy to complete.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 79
4/16/2013 12:00:24   
TheSage

@Hakunin : i hate to break it to you, there are many people that DO like the 2 characters in the shops, and also the game will constantly be changing and getting refined and new updates so never expect things to stay as they are now.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 80
4/16/2013 12:04:13   
Vagaran

quote:

The quest is a quest for the sake of a quest. The shop interests noone, because the stock holdings suck.
Plus the quest (probably both quest as they seem to have the same requirements) are already very hard.

Lol?
I think most on the forums like at least one of the characters in one of those shops.

@below
oh

< Message edited by vagaran123 -- 4/16/2013 13:01:51 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 81
4/16/2013 13:04:43   
Mondez

Things are as things are now. I don't really see much of a problem with the current spawns and Pillager can be annoying due to the fact of its very low spawn rate. There are pros to it though:

1. Since it's a character that people would use to open the quest shop so they would consistently farm.
2. While on my search for Ogre Maiden way back, I managed to get 2 of my favorite characters to level 20.
3. Ogre Mage is somewhat worth it though I can imagine he'll have his use in unlocking either a stronger Orc Character or Ogre character. Orc Chieftan was definitely worth the pains of farming.

The two cons:
1. In mentality of a different person, both characters might not be the ones the player wants.
2. The low spawn rates

Like Sage said, it's a quest so why make a quest easy to when it's a total all out war between two factions?
Yes, I know Orc Pillager is a "Normal" nothing special monster, but take the fun out when you can have a low spawn rate and a medium capture rate.

Nothing much we can do now, but to wait for the complete overhaul of the Revolution for more characters to be released, and I am looking at you Jono and Todd.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 4/16/2013 13:07:46 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 82
4/16/2013 13:28:25   
Mondez

Interesting insights, but sadly everything at the moment are low priorities since the devs are focusing on the main features.

All we can do is wait Hakunin since OS has higher priorities than fixing the small tidbits. Like Nippon Banchou said, "Don't sweat the small stuff."
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 83
4/16/2013 13:28:42   
Leader
Unrequited

You need to open your mind to the future Hakunin. These "weak monsters" may eventually lead into something bigger and play a vital role in future quests. It's quite possible this is the case, especially if they're weak, but there must be a reason why so much effort is required to possess them. Also bear in mind that, the current quests which we have, our some of the first ever quests OverSoul has, there's no reason we should be expecting so much for the first quests of a stage that has a lot of development involved. They're implemented to give us a rough idea what questing will involve, not how it's exactly going to be played out.
Post #: 84
4/16/2013 13:53:00   
TheSage

@Hakunin : the only reason some people consider Ogre Mage "weak" is because it has a 20+ card deck.

Now imagine being able to remove the weaker cards making the deck smaller and have higher damaging cards. Would you still consider it weak?
How about when power balancing starts to get worked on between the rankings so that Legendary characters have slightly stronger cards then their master versions?

These things need to be taken into consideration, and the fact this game is constantly evolving and changing becoming better and better.

P.S. Keep in mind its not really a quest, its just a shop that has requirements to be able to open it.

Edit: Also this is not AQW, there are no plans to make any shops go rare any time soon, or at all for that matter.

< Message edited by TheSage -- 4/16/2013 13:55:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 85
4/16/2013 14:04:50   
Vagaran

quote:

Also this is not AQW, there are no plans to make any shops go rare any time soon, or at all for that matter.
Great news! :) Hopefully there won't be too many (or any) rare shops every year. Also, Orc Chieftain is fairly strong...

< Message edited by vagaran123 -- 4/16/2013 14:05:19 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 86
4/16/2013 14:05:54   
dragon wrath

got my username changed to well nearly my in game name

one question is water elemental better then quatzak cant really remember the name
AQW  Post #: 87
4/16/2013 14:13:00   
Vagaran

Water Elemental is the best water type ATM (IMO). Quatzk is decent, BUT he likes to draw refresh in a deck with only 1 shield.

EDIT:
Water Elemental is UP?

Really disagree on that.

< Message edited by vagaran123 -- 4/16/2013 14:16:29 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 88
4/16/2013 14:25:36   
Mondez

@Hakunin
You are pointing out things that really the small stuff. Like the Sage said, OS is always evolving. There could be things that could surprise you, but at the moment the main features are the priority and sometimes things can be changed.

Like how the Revolution changed the whole UI and battle engine, what's to say that CC would change as well. Did ya forget that monsters would drop cards as well to further on the customization not just booster packs?

Though you see the big picture, the bigger picture doesn't seem to be reaching you in terms of the characters and gameplay.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 4/16/2013 14:29:31 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 89
4/16/2013 14:44:38   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

The two quests to get access to the 100K gold Legendaries didn`t seem too tough to complete. In this particular stage of the beta we don`t have a plethora of things to do. Sure it requires a bit of farming to unlock the shop, but nothing that can`t be done in a few days.

@Hakunin Don`t assume any characters released are undesired by players. We have different tastes. What one person doesn`t like, another is happy to get. I enjoyed immensely lvling the water elemental or the orc chieftain to 20 and plan to do the same with Quaztk and water tick.

quote:

Ogre and Orc quests are NOT fun, because they are totally the same, the reward is bad, have hard requirements, PLUS both has a character-to-possess with insanely low access. The quest takes forever, there is no diversity during it, there is no chance accessing anything else during it, and even though I bear monotony, it even goes on my nerve.

I find the quests to be cool in idea and how they were set up, the rewards to be great and overall a nice challenge that can be overcome in a few days (that`s how long it took me to unlock the shops) So, like I said, don`t assume everyone hated the quests, when that clearly wasn`t the case.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 90
4/16/2013 14:54:05   
TheSage

@Hakunin : you dont realize how much work went into the Revolution, the fact Warlic was up late many nights trying to get the new battle system up and running, then again with the new UI, Nulgath working hours on end making the art, the cards, and the animations for the new look.

The reason there were no releases during those few weeks is because there was no time to make the content for them AND get the Revolution out quickly.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 91
4/16/2013 15:31:52   
Mondez

Wow I'm sorry, but the Revolution was also for a new battle engine, I dislike to how players are saying it's a graphical change and bug fixing when it is universally was for a new engine that would:

1. Stabilize battles.
2. Eliminate bugs that plagued the old engine.
3. Stabilize it for CC due to the large amounts of customization that CC will have.

@Hakunin
What do you want from the developers? They are really trying their best on the gameplay features as much as they can. Questing is okay and pretty time consuming on the few that we have. The mechanics we have now are unique and also the upcoming mechanics can always be improved with time.

Also don't forget the team have their own games to code and make art for. I have to give Warlic kudos for coding the Revolution though wanting to be paid in goats was pretty extreme.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 4/16/2013 15:35:42 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 92
4/16/2013 16:55:04   
Beck

Hakunin, I understand why you are not happy with the Beta Revolution; it just doesn't seem like a huge update. Thing is, it really is a big deal, as the new game engine will pave the way for future features to be released.

I mean look at this week! It looks like we are finally getting some major PvP updates.
AQW  Post #: 93
4/16/2013 17:06:55   
TheSage

Warlic has made a post regarding the recent changes just made and some made in the update before today and some things still being worked on.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21232243
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 94
4/16/2013 17:18:40   
DeathGuard

@Beck: Saw you in-game bro :D

@On topic: I will crush anyone that meets me in PvP, Pyre Witch will be happy to crush everyone of you.... *calls for Beck's Ice Beetle and Tally's PD* :3
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 95
4/16/2013 17:23:44   
Beck

@Deathguard
Sorry, but PvP's been really... buggy... for me today. I'm staying out of it for now.
Plus, drawing :)
AQW  Post #: 96
4/16/2013 17:27:54   
DeathGuard

@Beck: That sucks man, and plus my internet connection has started to act sh....
At least I found tally and I'm fighting her PD xD
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 97
4/16/2013 17:52:24   
Asuka
AQW Designer of All Things

How are the PvP matches going for you all? o-o

Reply to deleted post removed. ~James

< Message edited by James Lu -- 4/16/2013 18:52:12 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 98
4/16/2013 18:03:08   
Beck

@Asuka
Well I only did about 5 battles, and of those, 3 disconnected, so... not well :P
AQW  Post #: 99
4/16/2013 18:04:21   
Mondez

I'm still urked about the delayed charge, but so far it's okay.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 113 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 4 of 31«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition