Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 113 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 113 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 7 of 31«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/16/2013 21:46:04   
TheSage

ill try and suggest an afk detection thing to rolith, might help against PvPers that use this boring tactic.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 151
4/16/2013 21:48:35   
Redingard

Hail, Fellow Fiends! I've read about these "Leaderboards", but could someone explain them to me? I'm kinda lost... .-.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 152
4/16/2013 21:49:34   
Labyth
Banned

Hey Tally did your screen go afk on mine it looks like you did right after the incenarte.

Yeah this is where i am sitll at.\\

Crapi is frozen i think

< Message edited by Labyth -- 4/16/2013 21:53:16 >
Post #: 153
4/16/2013 21:50:46   
Mondez

@TheSage
The first 30 seconds in the match are okay, but if done again at the second turn then it should be counted as AFK.

I like the 1 chance deal to give players a chance, but still if someone goes into a match then there should be no reason to why someone should be AFK.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 4/16/2013 21:52:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 154
4/16/2013 21:53:07   
Tally

@labyth My screen is fine, it's you who seems to have gone afk
DF MQ  Post #: 155
4/16/2013 21:53:33   
Labyth
Banned

I am sitll waiting for it to unfreeze here nothing happening.i am jsut gonna leave free killl never hurt anyone.

< Message edited by Labyth -- 4/16/2013 21:54:10 >
Post #: 156
4/16/2013 21:55:14   
Rolith

Hey guys, we're going to be doing a few things to address a lot of the tactics currently gaming the system.

1) We're going to start tracking disconnects - when someone disconnects, it'll count against their next victory - if you disconnect spam, you have to win a battle to counter it. There are still a bunch of battle bugs we are working on resolving before this goes into place, though, as there are too many ways to legit have to disconnect.
2) We are already not counting a victory if they force the other player to disconnect due to their stalling tactics and beating the AI. They aren't getting wins that way, so it'll quickly become apparent it's not worth their time.
3) We're going to be improving matchmaking, starting as soon as maybe as soon as tomorrow- Limiting levels of opponents and even ranks of characters. This will help keep battles competitive and fun.
4) We're going to start recording level disparity between players in fights, maybe making bigger disparity count for less if the outcome is expected, more if your underdog.

All these changes are coming to the general Random "Fun" PVP system.

But then we've got the Ranked PVP we're going to add a bunch of other interesting features that will make it a much better, skill based environment. Best out of 3 fights, character switching between rounds, an ELO Rating system, diminishing returns on repeated battles... Of course, Ranked PVP won't be ready overnight, but these releases are the first steps in getting there!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 157
4/16/2013 21:56:55   
Labyth
Banned

That bring such good new to the forum everyone is gonna be so happy.
Post #: 158
4/16/2013 21:57:26   
DeathGuard

@Rolith: Thank you for an interesting summary of what's going around :D
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 159
4/16/2013 21:58:45   
Mondez

Wonderful news dancing in my ears. I'm glad there are Sanctions against AFK players in regards towards Pvp.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 160
4/16/2013 21:59:44   
TheSage

haha you heard it here folks, straight from the Ficus Tree himself, so just sit tight and wait for things to get done because they WILL get done.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 161
4/16/2013 22:03:51   
hijinks

I'm going to love this! :O
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 162
4/16/2013 22:03:56   
Tally

Thank you Rolith ^^
DF MQ  Post #: 163
4/16/2013 22:05:17   
daichi

well I got disconnected when fighting klunk in pvp today.

so I'm glad they're recognizing that not all disconnects are by evil demon spawn trolls, whose main goal is to make everyone mad.

and some are just legitimate crashes.

@rolith thanks for the info.
DF AQW  Post #: 164
4/16/2013 22:05:50   
DeathGuard

*sits patiently kicking other players*
@Rolith: Will current leaderboards will be reset? If that happens, the wins on our characters can stay on our record at least please?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 165
4/16/2013 22:11:03   
Labyth
Banned

Death i think that everytime the leader board has an update it should be renew cause think about the people who can use alts example i can use alts if i wanted to get ahead of all of you not mentioning their are glitches that need to be fixed by the game so that their cannot be the presentation fo more then one character in oversoul adn they cannot tripple display in the 3 servers.....This as i a clarity i believe this infomation should be reported so that you all must Know what NOT TO DO.and also i have no interest in the List i will state that now (I HAVE NO INTEREST IN THE PVP LIST)-for the record information i posted is just info tha ti know people can do to abuse the leader borad and is wrong to do so.so DON"T DO IT.(and i don't do this)

I shall now go watch El Senor De Los Cielos_english translation (The Lord of The Skies)-i am know alot of languages.

< Message edited by Labyth -- 4/16/2013 22:13:55 >
Post #: 166
4/16/2013 22:14:24   
Rolith

The current plan is to divide things up by "Seasons", periods of a month or two - The length is going to be heavily determined by how the DB handles this battle tracking. Lifetime stats we track will persist outside the season.

Right now, we're technically in 2013 Beta Season 1, though because of the nature of these tests, we might have to wipe records, or clear your battle history. We also might have to end these first seasons without much warning or prompting...though we are doing everything in our power to avoid that -- we will keep the season records for postiarity, though there is no current way to release the records now, hopefully we will in the future make that possible.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 167
4/16/2013 22:16:16   
Labyth
Banned

Yay more good news for everyone it shall make them happy.
Post #: 168
4/16/2013 22:27:16   
Axel459
The Void Calls

Is it weird that all this battling with VK is making me want his evo more .-.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 169
4/16/2013 22:32:30   
DeathGuard

@Rolith: That's sad, seems like I will have to reach again a place in LB when they officially are released
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 170
4/16/2013 22:36:19   
Combat dummy

Hey DeathGuard, My Cards Did Not Load, Could We Meet Up Again And Battle?

Im Raptor Blu....

@Axel: No Cards Again

< Message edited by Combat dummy -- 4/16/2013 22:44:45 >

Stay Frosty!
~Combat dummy (Raptor Blu)
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 171
4/16/2013 22:46:09   
DeathGuard

@Raptor: Sure and I will equip a lvl 10 character this time, you just keep challenging me so I wasn't able to change xD
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 172
4/16/2013 23:12:30   
Combat dummy

@Rolith:

I Was Just Wondering If In Battle Chat Is Still On The "Soon Menu" Because I Am Really Looking Forward To It.....
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 173
4/16/2013 23:25:15   
DeathGuard

@Combat Dummy: Amazing battles we are having and you will see how beautiful Master Barbarian's 5 hit combo is so be prepared XD
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 174
4/16/2013 23:27:58   
Combat dummy

Hahaha..... Alright.... You Will See Augustiners 5-Hit.... Hopefully...
But Knowing My Skill Level..... Or Lack Thereof.... You Probably Wont See Anything

< Message edited by Combat dummy -- 4/16/2013 23:28:39 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 113 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 7 of 31«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition