Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= Battle Strategy Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Battle Strategy Discussion
Page 1 of 512345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/5/2013 7:59:52   
  Grixus Faldor

Is a certain monster really bugging you? Are you unsure of what to do with the cards your character has or how to counter a move? Look no further! This thread is for all Battle Strategy discussions, whether you need help with defeating a monster and how to turn the battle in your favour or you just want to get rid of those pesky shields!

The =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules and =OS= Oversoul General Discussion Forum Rules still apply here.

Thread suggestion thanks to Nightly

< Message edited by James Lu -- 10/5/2013 7:59:52 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
4/17/2013 20:58:07   
Shards Superior

How about charging to 19 or 14? Or even 10?

Some characters, like Pyre Witch and Barbarian, really require 19, especially the higher levels.

However, some characters, like Water Fairy and Lightning Wolf, shouldn't be charged past 4 per turn, or else they waste energy. Besides, having that extra turn is basically awesome.

So, what other characters require 5 charges? Which ones require less?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
4/17/2013 21:45:56   
Blackshock

I usually get to 19 except for emergencies. XD

Any known Free to evolve neutrals who are stronger than pumpkinlord? That or is galahad worth spending my SGs on if I already have PL?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
4/17/2013 21:53:00   
Tally

I normally just go to 14 with my Poison Drake, since most of the card charges work in 4's. For longer, tough matches though, I charge to 19 to get more in the long run.
DF MQ  Post #: 4
4/17/2013 21:56:43   
The Jop

It's silly to charge for less than 19 when you're fighting someone level 15 or higher, since you'll have to charge a lot more than one turn to make up for all the energy you lose by only regenerating 4 energy per turn.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
4/17/2013 21:59:07   
Tally

I haven't had a problem with it.
DF MQ  Post #: 6
4/17/2013 21:59:47   
The Jop

Why continue to do it though when you know you'll have more energy and waste less turns if you charge to 19?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
4/17/2013 22:01:30   
Tally

It just isn't necessary xD I get as much energy as I need. But like I said, for matches that I know will be longer or tougher, I charge to 19 just in case.
DF MQ  Post #: 8
4/17/2013 22:07:02   
Combat dummy

quote:

For longer, tough matches though, I charge to 19 to get more in the long run.

Most of the time I charge to 19 despite whatever kind of opponent I am facing. When I am fighting the AI I still charge to 19 so that I do not have to stall longer than usual. Sometimes the AI puts me in a bind since the new characters lately have been increasing in strength (Orcs have lots of heavy hitters and counters) thus I need to be prepared.

Usually, I end up PvPing with players levels higher than me and so I always charge to 19 and prepare for a brutal match. In rare cases, the onslaught is postponed due to the amount of shields I throw up or the stun locks I place on the opponent or even their misfortunate draw. I have found that in my battles with some of the forumites, I lost many times because I was low on charges when I was one hand from beating them or sparing myself a few more turns. Considering the fact that i am always around 9-10 levels below them, I consider it a feat of sorts. Thus, I am so passionately awaiting CC so that I can wreck them. Haha.

All in all my strategy is Charge x5 and, depending on what element/ character I am facing (sometimes I pull up a wiki entry) and run through some scenarios and discard/activate certain cards accordingly. I love the technicalities that are going to be much more intricate as the game progresses and I cannot wait for it!!!!

< Message edited by Leon ShadowHart -- 5/27/2013 8:07:56 >

Stay Frosty!
~Combat dummy (Raptor Blu)
DF MQ AQW Epic  Revisions: 1 | Post #: 9
4/17/2013 22:12:39   
Shards Superior

I really do feel it depends a lot on the characters and the levels, though. Having that one extra turn of attacking could mean difference between victory and defeat. For instance, with Lightning Wolf, I tend to charge up to only 4 in PvP matches before I start attacking.
Mostly, Lightning Wolf requires very little mana to use, anyways, and then Energize is great for the extra energy required.

It also gets the enemies on edge, maybe causing them to make a mistake or something.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
4/19/2013 18:11:21   
Melvin the redeemer

i can't win against any monster in the game for some reason and i'm master paladin level 4-5
i keep energizing my light so i can use skills then enemy's turn he has 500-2k shield/block it bugs me a bit, and some character requires shields to do dmg, i'm having hard time with most of the character and monsters in the game, i can't defeat any, any ideas?

Life may seem daunting, don't be shaken by life. Let you control life.
AQW  Post #: 11
4/19/2013 20:37:50   
AQisFuN
Banned

@Above Get a new character. I suggest evolve blood fiend if you don't have any SGs. I have black dragon so there's no problem for me.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
4/19/2013 21:37:22   
Skurge
The Dealer

@Melvin the redeemer:

You've got two problems with that: 1) Despite having a good character, you don't have a high enough level to compete and 2) Your character
shouldn't be used in PvP excessively.

I'd suggest leveling Pyro Witch. Amazing damage output and great stability. Best part is, it's free! :)

Cheers~
-S

< Message edited by Scherzo -- 4/19/2013 21:38:08 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
4/20/2013 1:50:11   
Melvin the redeemer

thank you guys
AQW  Post #: 14
4/20/2013 8:31:57   
Blackshock

Guys, I need some strategy tips in using pumpkinlord for PvP. I am absolutely horrible at using him
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
4/20/2013 9:41:23   
Melvin the redeemer

if i wwere you i'd start PVE before pvp, due to pvp character use more than 2-3 attacks, pve monsters just attck with the skills
so train pumpkin pumpkin lord in pve, do we need soul gems to evolve pumpkin lord
AQW  Post #: 16
4/20/2013 9:52:20   
Blackshock

10 SGs if I recall correctly. Idk though, I want to learn how to use it effectively in PVP, not PVE
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 17
4/20/2013 10:06:55   
megakyle777

My advice? Play it defensive. From what I recall, a few people at level 20 were able to beat Lich at it's high power by using the Defensive powers of the PumpkinLord, and that would have been harder the PVPers. DOn't use it offevsivly unless you get a great hand.

Of course, this may not turn out but hey I'm trying.
DF  Post #: 18
4/22/2013 20:49:24   
Nightly

How does the Vampire Knight fare against other characters? Would you consider him to be a good card to use for every day purposes or is there something that you prefer over him? I'm just curious as to what to use for playing the game for fun.
Post #: 19
4/22/2013 21:01:22   
hijinks

Vamp Lord is a very offensive shadow character. With all those specials, he can be a costly character to use. But, he can hold his own against many characters but he can struggle against defensive chars (imo). To be honest though, I like Vampire Lord better. If you're willing though, try him out and see what you think about him.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
4/22/2013 21:14:01   
Nightly

I haven't gotten to the Vampire Knight yet, as I'm still leveling up the Lord. I haven't looked at the Knight's cards but doesn't the DoT's help against walling?
Post #: 21
4/22/2013 21:29:42   
Combat dummy

DoTs Help Big Time Yo. Since Earth/Ice Characters Have Those Pesky 1000 Shield Cards, Having DoTs Like Poison And Mark Of Death (Vampire Series Moves) Always Active Really Helps Keep Characters Like That On The Edge. Most Times When I Fight An Energy Character Or A Neutral One, I Am Very Confident Since I Know That I Can Throw Up Shields And Whisk Away At Their HP And They Are Partially Helpless. Even Though Energy Characters Have Storm, Its Not All That Bad. Poison Though, Gives The Enemy 4 Turns To Do 300 More Damage Essentially, Meaning 2 Turns Of Attacks So
2(x+300)
And
2(300)
Not To Mention The Fact That You Can Double Or Even Triple The Effect Of Poison.... But With Vamp Lord/Knight, Doubling Is The Only Viable Outcome... But Considering The Amount Of Turns That Elapse Between Castings, Im Not Surprised If Somehow You Can Pull Off 3 Or 4 At The Same Time. Although I Think That Is Improbable....

Signature removed. Please don't use your signature more than once per page. For more information, please read the
=AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Signatures ~Leon

< Message edited by Leon ShadowHart -- 5/27/2013 8:08:48 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
4/22/2013 21:32:17   
Blackshock

The best thing with poison is that it doesn't trigger counter triggers too.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 23
4/22/2013 21:35:11   
Nightly

Is the poison stack-able? I know Mark of Death and the one poison are, but I've never tried two poisons at once.
Post #: 24
4/22/2013 21:36:12   
The Jop

Yes, and it's fantastic when you get it stacking. I once saw four poisons on my enemy at once, ahhhh.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= Battle Strategy Discussion
Page 1 of 512345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition