Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Battle Strategy Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Battle Strategy Discussion
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/22/2013 21:39:51   
Combat dummy

Woah, I Didnt Know That, I Was Just Speculating.... So Then Yes, @Nightly Vamp Lord Is Super Effective Against The Defensive Characters!
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
4/22/2013 21:42:39   
The Jop

Iron Hide really gets in your way if you rely too much on DoTs though, so keep that in mind. They can time it so they block all the DoTs you throw at them.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 4/22/2013 21:43:29 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
4/22/2013 21:44:45   
Nightly

I typically try to fit in the Life Drains. Still trying to figure OS out in general so this is more for against random encounters than specific characters or players.
Post #: 28
4/22/2013 21:45:04   
Lemonus

@Jop
True, Neutrals with two Iron Hides in their decks are a pain to deal with when you're using Shadows, especially when you use Poison+MoD on 'em.

@below
IMO, nothing's bad at PvP. I've used up all elements in PvP before, and they all work out in diff ways.

< Message edited by Lemonus -- 4/22/2013 22:14:43 >
DF AQW  Post #: 29
4/22/2013 21:50:07   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

The elements I'm skilled with using at against monsters work bad in PvP.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
4/30/2013 14:00:29   
Nightly

Just curious, but has any one come up with a ranking for all of the characters? Perhaps we can work on ranking which are the best for elements, overall, for offense and defense, etc. I've noticed a lot of people in the Q&A thread are interested in this so having a definitive list might be helpful for them.

I personally have no clue how characters compare to each other aside from everyone saying Monk and Headless Horseman are good ^^
Post #: 31
4/30/2013 14:08:19   
Bunker

Ranking would (IMO) be extremely difficult because I find that usefulness varies from one player to another.
AQW  Post #: 32
4/30/2013 14:20:07   
Nightly

Usefulness as far as?

Are the characters really that even that it doesn't matter what you use as long as you know how to use them?
Post #: 33
4/30/2013 14:30:10   
Bunker

Well, no. What I meant to say is, it seems the "upper-tier" characters will vary in effectiveness according to the players style. But your post on who we should rank characters by elements pretty much covers what I sorta meant.
AQW  Post #: 34
4/30/2013 14:32:31   
Nightly

Ok. But given the fact that some players may not want to expend SGs would ranking the lower to mid tiers be feasible? ^^
Post #: 35
5/9/2013 16:58:23   
KillerXenaRider

Shaolin Monk and Dire Monk can defeat any other character in the game with the card death flow. which does 1500 max and then reflex so I think Monk will be a really good character to take for golds and bosses. xD Remember the Name ~ KillerXenaRider

< Message edited by KillerXenaRider -- 5/9/2013 16:59:39 >
Post #: 36
5/9/2013 19:03:17   
Mirai Hoshino

@KillerXenaRider

Death Flow + Cat Reflex? You know, Arcane Ranger can do that too...

< Message edited by Mirai Hoshino -- 5/9/2013 19:05:03 >
AQW  Post #: 37
5/9/2013 19:36:59   
AQisFuN
Banned

Headless Horseman is always a good option..if you have Headless Hollow. He can finish off a battle in 30 seconds. So that's what makes him excellent for farming and sometimes duels.

< Message edited by AQisFuN -- 5/9/2013 19:37:29 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
5/9/2013 22:30:10   
Shards Superior

Here are just a few good offensive characters:

Pyre Witch
Headless Horseman
Void Incarnate
Witchblade
Orc Rogue

Defensive:
Barbarian
Cosoma
Monk

Hybrid:
Water Elemental
Earth Golem
Fiend of Vergill
Arch Lich
Darkon
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
5/9/2013 22:52:21   
so0meone

quote:

Shaolin Monk and Dire Monk can defeat any other character in the game with the card death flow. which does 1500 max and then reflex so I think Monk will be a really good character to take for golds and bosses.

By that logic, any Water character with Power Flow and most good Neutral characters can beat any character in the game, which is just simply not true. Death Flow isn't even all that amazing, seeing as it's got a huge Energy cost. Iron Hide and Counter Strike combined with Cat Reflex will get you much more mileage. Not that Death Flow is bad, it's just not Neutral's best special.

< Message edited by so0meone -- 5/9/2013 22:53:45 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 40
5/9/2013 23:00:30   
Megadragonknight

Death Flow and Corruption would make any neutral character very deadly and dangerous but it would require neutralize to do that as it cost a huge amount of energy to use a high damage. Also, neutral characters require players to be very wise and smart while using it for those who have Death Flow, counter strike, cat reflex, power strike and neutralize. Those cards are very strong and effective but it require good thinking skills to use it. Orc Chieftain, Thrak, Tharr, Monk and Dire Monk are those characters that need to be use wisely.
Post #: 41
5/10/2013 4:14:54   
Vagaran

FC says hi.

He can beat Monk and Dire Monk without problems, he got Greater Heals at a lower cost than Death Flow which can heal for 10 of the dmg dealt, making those 15 Points you use in Death Flow a terrible decision as that would turn into 5 dmg for 15 energy while Greater Heal only cost 5 energy.

Fire can beat Monk and Dire Monk aswell if used right, 2x Fire Ball + 5 dmg card with Incinerate will do the trick. Sure you won't have much energy left but dealing 31 dmg is much more worth it for 20 energy than 15 energy for only 15 dmg.

Earth and Ice can also beat the two, with earth being able to put up 10 Shields for only 6 energy and Ice being able to do the same thing. There are alot of ways to counter Death Flow.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 42
5/10/2013 4:38:18   
Megadragonknight

It all depend on skills, any elements can take down each other until Elemental Resistance is release. Overall, its the skill that counts along with some luck.
Post #: 43
5/10/2013 5:49:14   
Synner

Can someone tell me if sentry lord nid sg to get him!? cause it said on wiki you dont nid sg to evolve pikeman commander to sentry lord plz reply.
Post #: 44
5/10/2013 6:27:32   
Megadragonknight

@Synner
Yes, it cost 7 SG to evolve to sentry lord. Also, if you have any future question, do post it on the question thread. This thread is for battle strategy.
Post #: 45
5/26/2013 10:14:20   
iammage888

If a character uses health or have cards that gives you free energy/attack boost, you probably don't want to overcharge. Characters that have high value cards (lots of cards with 6 or higher) probably require high charges. Just make sure you don't get killed when charging (on average, you'll lose 800 health when charging to 14 energy on the first turn).

Also, if the opponent you are fighting has iron hide, it would really stink if you charged a lot only to be unable to use all that energy. (Hint hint)

If your opponent has counter or void reflection, you have a few options: pay 500 health, use iron hide on one turn, then attack like crazy, use a shield then attack, or avoid direct attacks.

BTW, I almost defeated a monk using cupidtheus, but the hp glitch occurred, and I died...

< Message edited by iammage888 -- 5/26/2013 10:15:12 >
AQW  Post #: 46
5/26/2013 10:56:53   
Raiii

Regarding the topic on Monks, they're pretty good characters but not that OP. It's fairly easy to counter their attacks by having lots of defense or counter-attacks. IMO, Pikeman Merc and/or Chieftain >= Monk :)

------------------

Here's, I think, a nice suggestion:

For Gold farming, level a certain offensive character (I use Flesh Void) to the max or at least above 15 then PvE at the Bottomless Pit.

* Offense is the best for PvE if you know how to kill lol. You won't really have a hard time trying not to die when you've been playing for a long time already. This means cards like Shadow types' Sacrifice or Blood Rage won't 'scare' you (especially since the intelligence of the AI doesn't change and that the HP of the enemy is the only one that seems to be enhancing each time you lvl up)
* Level 15+ characters have a higher gold cap prize from battles
* There are mostly noob Shadow types there

Or you could TC hunt at the Undead Dungeon :)

~Puncture

AQW Epic  Post #: 47
5/27/2013 7:37:40   
daichi

I couldn't help but notice someone was having trouble using paladin master
So I thought I'd give my opinion(unasked for of course).

First of all paladin performs better at higher levels, while this is true of many characters
It especially so in this case.

Why? because paladin is a bit Tanky, in my experience the optimal strategy for him is to charge energy
To twenty, all while shuffling till you have a hand that deals high damage.

After the first hand, I would go for heals/Shields for a few turns until you build your mana pool back, then try
And then go for another high damage hand. Repeating the steps till victory. While not the greatest strategy, I win most of my pvp matches using it. (unless beck and his ice beetle crash my party) But I digress. There are multiple strategy's available, I just found one that works for me.

< Message edited by daichi -- 5/27/2013 17:31:51 >
DF AQW  Post #: 48
5/27/2013 16:36:48   
Antithesis

Usually I don't charge past 10, sometimes even only going to 7.

As a level 20, it scares my adversaries quite a bit...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
5/27/2013 16:50:50   
Fallen Crest

You're losing out on a lot of charge over the entire duel, giving your opponent an easy upper hand.

Charging 3 per turn against a 5 per turn opponent, within 10 turns, your opponent has 20 more charge than you, and your only advantage is that you attacked first.
Which the advantage is easily countered if you charge anymore throughtout the match, or someone uses Petrify/Freeze.
AQW  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Battle Strategy Discussion
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition