Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=OS= May 10th, 2013: Shadow Series Next Week! LIVE: Frost Queen Legendary

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= May 10th, 2013: Shadow Series Next Week! LIVE: Frost Queen Legendary
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/10/2013 16:17:27   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

quote:

Shadow Series Next Week!
LIVE: Frost Queen Legendary

Posted on May 10, 2013 by Nulgath

Mini Release!
Game Update v0.8.4

The Frost Queen Legendary form is LIVE!

The team is going through some major changs this week. The Oversoul team's time is being split to help on multiple projects. Although, this new change was a surprise to the team, it's a required step to get the company moving towards it's goals as a whole. As a result, Oversoul will soon move to a bi-weekly release. More details in the coming weeks. Stay tuned!

Shadow Series
Next week we should have the Shadow Series deck ready for launch.

Stun Bug Fixe
The stun bug that locked you down while the computer proceeded to kill you seems to be addresses. It seems the game engine must have developed a mind of it's own and hacked players preventing them from attacking.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
5/10/2013 16:20:36   
Cyberbeast10

Shadow, excellent. Just what I was waiting for. Those Sacrifices and Enpowers shall be mine! Mwahahaha!
Anyways, how soon is soon? Next Week, Next Month?

I can predict that for the next couple of weeks Oversoul will be quiet, then when they got everything organized they should start to bring in more content and fixes consistently.
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
5/10/2013 20:20:12   
Nightly

I'm glad that the stun bug seems to have been fixed ^^ I don't know how the bi-weekly releases will turn out but hopefully everyone will be happy with it.
Post #: 3
5/10/2013 21:53:54   
inshal1000

Hopefully, too make up for the Bi-Weeklies,
most of the bugs/lag will be fixed.
Ever since the revolution, the game has been moving a lot slower on my side...
Maybe i can play more if the game gets faster
MQ AQW  Post #: 4
5/10/2013 22:19:22   
Megadragonknight

I can wait patiently for the shadow series next week since I got more characters to train and I hope to be able to buy SG package at that time.
Post #: 5
5/11/2013 0:52:56   
AQisFuN
Banned

Shadow Series! I can upgrade my black dragon. More Sacrifices!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
5/11/2013 0:58:23   
almanac01

quote:

The team is going through some major changs this week.

quote:

some major changs

quote:

changs

Ooooh myyyyy goooood. D:

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 7
5/11/2013 3:11:34   
Zereldo
AQW Class Designer

Just as a matter of concern, "Bi-weekly" has a different meaning based on wether you use American English, or English anywhere else. This has the potential to cause a lot of confusion.

Bi-weekly in American English means, once every 2 weeks.

Bi-weekly in elsewhere means twice every week. (being outside the states this is how I interpreted it, but decided to google it)

If possible please change this to a more universal, and less confusing term, as there will no doubt be some players expecting 4 releases within two weeks, when in reality there will only be 1 release
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
5/11/2013 3:48:20   
Megadragonknight

Since OS will be moving to Bi-Weekly release soon, I hope the main gameplay features will improve to a huge extent along with better CC, Elemental resistance and stat release without any bug so then OS will be out of Beta Testing and can be launch as a complete game.
Post #: 9
5/11/2013 7:01:13   
dragon wrath

all i want is poisons for my drake
AQW  Post #: 10
5/11/2013 17:52:28   
TheSage

quote:

Bi-weekly in American English means, once every 2 weeks.

Bi-weekly in elsewhere means twice every week. (being outside the states this is how I interpreted it, but decided to google it)

It is an American company with most of its staff residing in America so Bi-Weekly = every other week
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
5/11/2013 19:52:36   
Jmagician

You guys should be reminded that we have had a couple of bi-weekly releases in the past and nothing much was different (a lot of bugs were present, non-stability, etc.) simply because they needed all that time to prepare the releases. If this is the case, then we should not expect major game changes like some of you are suggesting.
AQW  Post #: 12
5/11/2013 20:03:56   
Redingard

What Jmagician said. The team is working on the other games; how would they find the time to make something as big as CC or the initial release of the OS Revolution?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
5/12/2013 2:01:31   
AQisFuN
Banned

Ha! Already got mine da day it was released. It's a DoT character.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
5/12/2013 3:39:55   
Beck

My hope for the Shadow Series:
Very rare Poison and Mark of Death (if at all), and similar controls for Sacrifice and Empower.
Shadow has some neat special cards, and some of which can be very deadly in other elemental decks (imagine a Founder Champion packed with Sacrifices), so yeah... card control would be highly appreciated.
AQW  Post #: 15
5/12/2013 3:44:50   
Megadragonknight

I have nothing to hope for shadow series except seeing new cards! Looking forward to shadow series next week!
Post #: 16
5/12/2013 13:26:53   
suggsie

Frost and Shadow are both very strong elements at the moment

With them being the first to get cc the other elements are gonna need a lot of strong cards to keep up

First two cc releases and were already gonna get sacrif - ice

scary stuff =P
Post #: 17
5/13/2013 21:55:47   
Lemonus

Sure hope Sacrifices and Empowers get limited to 1 per deck... o-o

Imagine all the possibilities if not... *brain asplode
DF AQW  Post #: 18
5/13/2013 22:58:32   
aliesterus

@Suggsie: Let's not forget Overfiend Blade's killing capacity. I leveled it up faster than I leveled Black Dragon and Founder Knight.

@Lemonus: Honestly it's not all that bad considering how you have to discard one card. Now if we're talking about SURGE... That needs to be limited to 3 per deck...
AQW  Post #: 19
5/13/2013 23:02:52   
Cyberbeast10

Got to admit that Shadow has the most potential for being generic seeings as it has 2 "Free" cards that work with any deck, anytime. Enpower, especially, since it lets you make use of some "useless" cards (like "Refresh").

But, its only a matter of time before the Fire series comes out and we get...INCINERATE.
I think its time they start making balance changes by doing one of the following:

A)Making Element-based Costs. FOr example, A Fire character can use Incinerate for free while an Earth or Water character will have to pay 2 FIRE or something...
B) Give these cards just a 1 cost in the respective element so people need to pack charge cards or something.
C) Nerf them, which I wouldn't recommenced as it would remove the focused playstyles of each element.
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
5/14/2013 9:26:40   
Mondez

Incinerate only needs one thing and it is giving it the cost of 4 which would balance it out because overall the max damage Incinerate can do with Fireball is 2100. Remember Fire is oure offensive and nerfing cards at this point is useless since only one card needs nerfing by giving it a cost and that is Incinerate.

Example:
Player has 20 Fire energy
Player draws 5 damage, Incinerate, Fireball, Fireball, and 5 shield.
Player uses Incinerate with the 4 energy costs, discards shield with Incinerates cost, and 5 damage = 8 Fire Energy + 8 Energy with Fireball = 16 Energy
Player cannot use the other Fireball due to insufficient cost.

Why 4? Fireball costs 8 dealing 1000 and 5 damage costs 4 so in terms for 1100 damage due to Incinerate increasing attack by 600 it's pretty legit for Incinerate to cost four with the one card cost.

< Message edited by Mondez -- 5/14/2013 9:32:24 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
5/14/2013 10:27:43   
ValkyrieKnight

I can't wait for 4 poison card holding Poison Drakes, Mmm Delicious.
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
5/14/2013 22:01:23   
Lemonus

Pretty sure Nulgath said somewhere that we won't be getting Incinerate... guess why :D
DF AQW  Post #: 23
5/14/2013 22:59:01   
aliesterus

@Mondez: Actually +3 charge usage would be sufficient considering how Empower is a + 3 and costs 0, so since Inceinerate is +6, twice the ammount of Empower, it should be +6 with a charge cost of 3, or be completely limited to one per deck like freeze and then it would be harder to draw.
AQW  Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> =OS= May 10th, 2013: Shadow Series Next Week! LIVE: Frost Queen Legendary
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition