Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Smoke in the Trees (All Versions)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Smoke in the Trees (All Versions)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/11/2013 2:48:01   
Voodoo Master

Smoke in the Trees

Location: Sulen'Eska -> Up -> Up Vortex -> Up -> Kara SuLema -> Quests -> Smoke in the Trees -> Quest!,
Location: Sulen'Eska -> Up -> Up Vortex -> Mritha -> Past Quests -> Kara SuLema -> Quests -> Smoke in the Trees -> Quest!
Requirements: Turn in 2 Rose Emblem to Lojaali Vero
Release Date: May 29th, 2020

Objective: It seems like The Rose is making their move against the Vind. How bad could they be?
Objective completed: Looks like not everyone in The Rose is happy about their methods. More importantly, the Vind now has a target. The Rose won't know what hit them!

Experience rewarded: Scaled
Gold rewarded: Scaled

Monsters
(8) Energizer
(4) ManaHunter (1)
(10) ManaHunter (2)

NPCs
Akanthus
Bote Andedan
Carat / Rose Soldier
Kara SuLema
Rose Soldier(s)
Z

Rewards
Red Crystal Blade (I-VI)
Blue Crystal Blade (I-VI)
Green Crystal Blade (I-VI)

Access to Smoke DC Drop Shop.

Dialogue

*A man with a blue Rose armor and helmet is standing in a building with roses engraved on its walls.*

Akanthus: All we have are rumors and whispers. How have they not been found by now?

*An unshaved mage with pink hair appears and is standing behind Akanthus.*

???: I apologize, General Akanthus. But since we have orders not to interfere with Falconreach... it's hard to track their scouts...
Akanthus: Excuses, Z! That's all you ever have for me.
Z: I... I can send more patrols into the swamps, but we can't just keep sending troops in.
Z: Few, if any, make it out, and any maps we make are inaccurate the next time we try.
Akanthus: It is not enough. Ever since we crushed the Sanctuary, the Vind has been an annoyance.
Akanthus: The buzzing mosquito that threatens to breed.
Akanthus: I don't care if you have to burn the swamp and all in it to the ground.
Akanthus: They must be eliminated now, before word of their cause spreads further.
Akanthus: Get out from behind your desk, and do not fail me, Z.

*Z bows to Akanthus.*

Z: I will not, General.
Akanthus: Such filth must be swept away. The reach of The Rose cannot be stopped by mere insects.

*The scene fades to black as Akanthus's eyes glow blue. A while afterwards, Z is standing in front of a group of Rose Soldiers in one of Swordhaven's streets.*

Z: We have our... our orders.
Z: Our scouts have been monitoring the location of a Clawkin settlement on the edge of Betrubung Swamp.
Z: According to some of our... guests... from the town, they occasionally make contact with the rebellion.
Z: Our orders are to capture as many Clawkin as possible, and destroy the settlement.
Z: When the rebellion shows up to save the day, we will capture them as well.
Rose Soldier: We're... destroying the settlement, sir?
Z: Y-yes, soldier. Some of you are new recruits who haven't been on the receiving end of rebellion attacks.
Z: These settlements of magical creatures are fronts for training grounds for Vind forces.
Z: They fill the heads of these animals with lies and deceit to gain their trust.
Z: We must detain them and... rehabilitate them all.

*The group of Rose Soldiers are silent after hearing Z's reasoning.*

Z: Any other questions?
Rose Soldier(s) (in unison): No, sir!
Z: Very well. Move out.

*The Rose Soldiers depart, except the purple-haired soldier, who appears unsure if he wants to follow them, but after a few moments does; meanwhile, in Sulen'Eska, Kara SuLema has news.*

Kara SuLema: Recently, there have been some disturbing reports from our ally, Niki.
<Character>: Niki?
Kara SuLema: She is a very secretive mage who joined our cause some time ago.
Kara SuLema: Her specialties of stealth and scouting have proven useful.
Kara SuLema: I fear that the effects of her actions may have been indirectly detected by The Rose, however.
<Character>: So... she's a spy? What was in her reports?

*A Clawkin is running, and only its legs can be seen; the scene returns to Kara.*

Kara SuLema: The Rose has apparently been targeting a Clawkin village in the swamp, observing and occasionally taking captives.

*The Clawkin keeps running, now showing its full appearance.*

Kara SuLema: Niki has been evacuating the few she can while trying to remain undetected, but it seems that a larger Rose force is now on the way.

*The Clawkin enters the scene and falls to its knees in front of Kara.*

???: Lady Kara...
Kara SuLema: Is everything alright, Bote? What's the matter?

*Bote briefly glances at you offscreen, knowing that you have a history with them.*

Bote Andedan: Niki... Niki has returned! She is injured but the news from my village– my family–

*Kara is shocked to hear this news.*

Kara SuLema: Niki's back? But she was supposed to be keeping watch–
Bote Andedan: She says The Rose attacked and she couldn't just stay hidden... when I heard, I ran as fast as I could...
Bote Andedan: I left my family behind to come to your Vind. Please, you must save them!

*Kara is saddened by Bote's plea, accepting it.*

Kara SuLema: I see. It seems The Rose has acted much quicker than we expected. We must put a stop to this at once.
Kara SuLema: You wanted to see evidence of the evils of The Rose, <Character>? You're welcome to join me.
Kara SuLema: Please, Bote, do not worry. We will do everything in our power to save what we can.

*Once Bote exits the scene, you talk to Kara privately about the Clawkins before leaving to save Bote's village.*

<Character>: In the past, before I was frozen, I had to deal with Clawkin ambushes and annoyances on my adventures.
<Character>: I... didn't know they could talk. Not that they gave me much of a chance to try.
Kara SuLema: Just as there are humans who commit great evils, there are Clawkin who eschew their tribes and are full of hatred.
Kara SuLema: As the Clawkin are normally so secluded, it makes sense that you've only had poor encounters with the ones you've met in the past.
<Character>: I see.

*You take a moment to process this enlightening event.*

<Character>: Well, let's get going and save the ones we can. Maybe I can learn more about them in the future.

• Kara SuLema joins you as Guest A.

*You and Kara head towards Bote's village, fighting various Rose Soldiers and Energizers along the way; once at the village, you realise you've arrived too late, as the village has been burnt to the ground.*

Kara SuLema: We... we're too late...
    <Character>: We got here as fast as we could.
    Kara SuLema: But we weren't fast enough...

Kara SuLema: The poor Clawkin...
    Rose Soldier (1): Over here! Found some rebels!
    Rose Soldier (2): Alright you two, you're under arrest, by authority of The Rose of Swordhaven, under suspicion of banditry and unauthorized magic use.
    Rose Soldier (3): Come along quietly for questioning, or things will have to get rough.

*You and Kara stand back-to-back, prepared to battle; you and Kara fight through the Rose Soldiers, when you are approached by one more.*

<Character>: Kara, I think we're done here. Let's go, before–
    ???: No, no, no no no...

*The purple-haired Rose Soldier from Z's briefing arrives; Kara readies a spell, prepared to stop the Rose Soldier.*

Kara SuLema: Not one step closer.
    ???: This isn't what I signed up for...
    Kara SuLema: Who are you?
    Carat: My... my name is Carat.
    Carat: When I signed up to join The Rose, I didn't realize this is what I'd be doing...
    Carat: I thought... I thought I'd be protecting Greenguard. Like the Guardians! Not burning down villages...
    <Character>: And yet, here you are. You didn't try to stop them?
    Carat: I know I can't make this right. I just...

Carat: Please let me go. I'll give you anything you want!
    Carat: Here, I have the location of where we took the Clawkin. And other prisoners too!

*Kara opens and reads the scroll which Carat has just handed her.*

Carat: It's a small facility in the forests outside Swordhaven. I swear, I didn't know The Rose was like this...
    <Character>: Then why not leave? Why not take action?
    Carat: I... I have a family in Swordhaven. I... I can't just leave them behind. Even if you don't believe me...
    Carat: This... this isn't what I wanted!

*Carat runs off.*

<Character>: Kara?
    Kara SuLema: Let him run. He poses no threat to us.
    Kara SuLema: But this...
    Kara SuLema: It appears as though we still have a chance to save these poor souls, and possibly others.
    Kara SuLema: Will you join us, <Character>?
    <Character>: After what we've seen here today?
    <Character>: Absolutely.

*Scene fades to black.*

• Complete Quest
  • Loot for DCs - opens Smoke DC Drop Shop.

Other information
  • Pop-up headlines during the quest:
    quote:

• What a rare sight, a minx fairy circle!
  • This quest was reimagined with new dialogue, animations, audio, level 90 rewards, and general fixes on May 29th, 2020; more information can be found in the May 29th, 2020 Design Notes.

Thanks to DemonicDarkwraith for updated entry dialogue, objectives, and other information.

< Message edited by DemonicDarkwraith -- 5/23/2023 20:24:00 >
  • AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
    6/13/2020 21:50:45   
      Jay
    Marauderator
    🧭

Smoke in the Trees

Location: Sulen'Eska -> Up -> Up Vortex -> Up -> Kara SuLema -> Quests -> Smoke in the Trees -> Quest!,
    Location: Sulen'Eska -> Up -> Up Vortex -> Mritha -> Past Quests -> Kara SuLema -> Quests -> Smoke in the Trees -> Quest!
    Requirements: Completion of Dancing On the Breeze
    Release Date: May 10th, 2013

Objective: A Clawkin village is under attack!
    Objective completed: You've escaped the thorns of The Rose! You'll have to venture into them again though to save Ogorek's wife!

Experience rewarded: Scaled
    Gold rewarded: Scaled

Monsters
    (8) Energizer
    (4) ManaHunter (1)
    (10) ManaHunter (2)

NPCs
    Akanthus
    Bote Andedan
    Carat / Rose Soldier
    Kara SuLema
    Rose Soldier(s)
    Z

Rewards
    Red Crystal Blade (I-V)
    Blue Crystal Blade (I-V)
    Green Crystal Blade (I-V)

Access to Smoke DC Drop Shop.

Dialogue

*A man with a blue Rose armor and helmet is standing in a building with roses engraved on its walls.*

Akanthus: Rumors and more rumors. Their existence baffles me. They should have been found by now.

*An unshaved mage with pink hair appears and is standing behind Akanthus.*

Z: We've searched, General, I swear. I've had them followed only to lose them, as if they just disappear. Like... the very air swallows them up.
    Akanthus: Well of course it does. Kara SuLema is a WIND ELF. She manipulates the very air we breathe for her own nefarious plans.
    Akanthus: And she has a gathering, which grows each day.
    Akanthus: Their subtle little tricks, which no one has been able to remove, by the way, are creating ripples in my placid lake.
    Z: I can increase patrols, General. I can send more out. I can set traps.
    Akanthus: Patrols are no longer enough, Tinkerer. I want everyone going after her and her followers, especially after that <Character>.
    Akanthus: The return of the hero has begun to take its toll on my plans. All that they are doing is causing trouble!
    Akanthus: It is time for you to play a bigger role and get out from behind your desk.

*Z bows to Akanthus.*

Akanthus: You are a dreamer, Kara. But there is no room for dreams anymore, dearest wind elf. Dreams die.
    Akanthus: You will see that my way is for the best, both you and <Character>.

*The scene fades to black as Akanthus's eyes glow blue. A while afterwards, Z is standing in front of a group of Rose Soldiers in one of Swordhaven's streets.*

Z: We have been given orders. I need two groups.
    Z: One smaller group needs to head to a set of coordinates that shows a Clawkin settlement with magic users.
    Z: A second, much larger group to head towards the swamps.
    Z: We think that is where the rebel camp is located. The first group is to lure Kara and <Character> out of the rebel camp.
    Z: Our orders are to destroy the camp and capture as many rebels as possible.
    Z: We need to know what they are planning, how many races are involved and put down any and all use of magic.
    Rose Soldier: Races, sir?
    Z: Yes, Soldier. Some of you have not been involved in the outer raids. Humans and elves are not the only races to be wary of.
    Z: There are many that require... identification and rehabilitation.

*The group of Rose Soldiers are silent after hearing Z's reasoning.*

Z: Any questions?
    Rose Soldier(s) (in unison): No, sir!
    Z: You have your orders. Move out.

*The Rose Soldiers depart, except the purple-haired soldier, who appears unsure if he wants to follow them, but after a few moments does; meanwhile, in Sulen'Eska, Kara SuLema has news.*

Kara SuLema: "N" came back last night with unsatisfactory reports. I am not happy at all.
    <Character>: "N"?
    Kara SuLema: She is very secretive. She has spent the last four years being "N" so that those she watches out for remain safe.
    Kara SuLema: The Rose would love nothing more than to learn about her and take her into custody.
    <Character>: I see. What was in her reports?

*A Clawkin is running, and only its legs can be seen; the scene returns to Kara.*

Kara SuLema: The Rose is in the vicinity of a Clawkin village. In another day or so, they will have found the village.

*The Clawkin keeps running, now showing its full appearance.*

Kara SuLema: She was in the middle of evacuating them when she was attacked.

*The Clawkin enters the scene and falls to its knees in front of Kara.*

Bote Andedan: Lady Kara... they came. Again. Took many. Children... Ni-

*Bote briefly glances at you, knowing that you have a history with them.*

Kara SuLema: She brought the message, Bote. But, you should have been safe for another day.
    Bote Andedan: Few escape. Why do they not leave us alone?
    Kara SuLema: Because, Bote, the Rose wants something it cannot have or control.
    Kara SuLema: Please, go to the medic and get your wounds attended to. <Character> and I will right this.

*Once Bote exits the scene, you talk to Kara privately about the Clawkins before leaving to save Bote's village.*

<Character>: I've spent years... dealing with Clawkin ambushes and annoyances. You mean to tell me there is more to the creatures?
    Kara SuLema: <Character>, there is much you humans have neglected in this world. The Clawkin... are a wonderful race of people.
    Kara SuLema: All in good time, you will get your answers. For now, we must help the village out.
    <Character>: I am learning so much every day... let's go.

*You head towards Bote's village, fighting various Rose Soldiers and Energizers along the way; once at the village, you realise you've arrived too late, as the village has been burnt to the ground.*

Kara SuLema: We... are too late!
    <Character>: I am sorry, Kara. We got here as fast as we could.
    Kara SuLema: Had I used my magic, we would have been here almost immediately.
    <Character>: And you would have attracted more attention than you could afford.
    Rose Soldier (1): Oh, she's already attracted so much attention. Both of you. And you did exactly as we thought.
    Rose Soldier (2): You came to their rescue, and now we have you.
    Rose Soldier (3): Pathetic, bleeding heart rebel, we will destroy you here, then move on towards the swamps where you are hiding.

*You fight through the Rose Soldiers, when you are approached by one more.*

Carat: Kara SuLema, my name is Carat, I do not come to fight. Actually, I don't know what I am doing anymore. I don't know who is right. I don't know who is wrong.
    Carat: I am torn, but I had to see you. I had to tell you something you need to know.
    Kara SuLema: What?
    Carat: We have imprisoned a woman whose name is Elanee. She was taken captive and is questioned at all hours, as they are trying to break her.
    Carat: She cries for one named Ogorek.
    <Character>: Ogorek? But... oh no... His wife?
    Carat: I do not know who he is, but I know what she is. If you know this man, tell him she is alive, for now. Here is where she is kept.
    Carat: You have no reason to believe me. I do not blame you for not trusting me. But, recently, I have begun to question everything.
    <Character>: Then join us.
    Carat: Maybe in time, once I have sorted everything out in my mind. For now, I must remain torn.
    Carat: Perhaps, perhaps we will meet again, under better circumstances.

*Carat runs off, and Kara opens and reads the scroll which Carat has just handed her.*

Kara SuLema: I know where this is. We must go after her.
    <Character>: There is no question. She must be rescued, as well as anyone else we find there.

• Complete Quest
  • Loot Shop Quest drops for DC - opens Smoke DC Drop Shop.

< Message edited by DemonicDarkwraith -- 5/23/2023 20:24:20 >
  • DF  Post #: 2
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> [DF Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events / Shops >> Smoke in the Trees (All Versions)
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition