Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 123 - READ THE FIRST POST

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 123 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 5 of 31«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/12/2013 20:56:37   
Mondez

Like ED with the banners, implement the same system along with some sort of token achievement system to bring incentive to have people pvp because isn't that one of the reasons why people pvp in ED? If it is incorporated in OS then more reasons for people to PvP, but since this is Nulgath's game then I have faith that he has a system to get people to PvP more.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 101
5/12/2013 21:06:14   
Agaraoth2

@Valkyre i don't think players should be forced to pvp it would only push them away it would be great if they could get higher rewards or unlock artifacts or characters by winning a certain amount of matches but OS is still in development and more plays will come/ return and @jmagician i'm just saying that not everyone that plays OS has the money to or don't care to.
AQW  Post #: 102
5/12/2013 21:10:33   
Labyth
Banned

@valk and agoraoth
Something I know herosmash does is give medals that allow you to acquired power ...But in this case would be medals that would allow you to enter areas .After all this way they can put back the AI system that killed all those who were weak and open dungeons with harder AI and hard system that way people can test how strong they are and only strong people can strong characters.

Meaning medals would allow you(medals from pvp)
to enter certain dungeons
Buy certain characters
Find certain characters
Get certain card decks
(a lady ug just attacked me,i think my sister is putting them in my room on purpose I just found 7 of them)
and even buy certain artifacts or 1hour boost such as trophies.

< Message edited by Labyth -- 5/12/2013 21:13:15 >
Post #: 103
5/12/2013 21:16:31   
Jmagician

@Agaraoth: Anyone who has access to a computer has the money to spare, and anyone who doesn't care is because there isn't a proper incentive to draw them in. Just saying

I just thought about it and really there isn't much reason to have a PvP debate. The main reason is because this game is young and Nulgath obviously knows PvP is an integral part of the game. So, in due time, this game will have all the incentive it needs for more PvPers to join OS.
AQW  Post #: 104
5/12/2013 21:21:27   
Labyth
Banned

Anybody care to trade Lucks cause if I have to kill one more spider searching for that cosoma I am have to send in my cellar rats(or in other words the RATS squad
Rat
Able
To
Strike) .

Spider
Post #: 105
5/12/2013 21:35:04   
Char

@Labyth: Rats! Spiders! My 2 worst fears! *faints**scaredy cat rascal*
Post #: 106
5/12/2013 21:36:22   
Mondez

I love spider, but I had my doubts on it's attacking animations since the first hit combo was the Queen's previous from attack animation, but the two hit combo had the spider attack so I was fine.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 107
5/12/2013 21:37:57   
Labyth
Banned

@rascal
I was actually wanting the Ice queen to be on huge chariot and have 2 cosoma titans pulling the chariot

Example 1

Example 2

@bnelow below
alright then

< Message edited by Labyth -- 5/12/2013 22:35:45 >
Post #: 108
5/12/2013 22:05:19   
DeathGuard

M. Barby lvl 19! One more to go!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 109
5/12/2013 22:24:39   
Agaraoth2

@Jmagic i disagree with your first point because some OS players are under 18 and are not working and probably don't want to bother their parents, @Lab ill pm you tomorrow with a progress report and thats a cool suggestion & @Mondez spider queens animations seem a bit lazy but jack frost, pyre witch and earth wizard would have to be lazy too if i said she was, ogre shaman is the most lively mage since she moves in some cases.
AQW  Post #: 110
5/12/2013 23:16:26   
Jmagician

Gosh WetEye is hard to capture.-. I have no problem finding it, but wow the capture rate is super low. I like it!
AQW  Post #: 111
5/13/2013 0:13:06   
Agaraoth2

Weteye is the upgraded PD but i find it every 5 matches using Monk he seems to increase the spawn rate for rare characters for me.
AQW  Post #: 112
5/13/2013 0:17:40   
Baron Dante

J: Bah, I got that thing on my first try after finding it. For a change, without Master Ball.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 113
5/13/2013 0:24:27   
Jmagician

@Agaraoth: Is that so? Well I was actually meaning to get Monk for sometime now but I totally forgot about it. I'd better start

@Dante: Lucky you! That thing is no Magikarp that's for sure!
AQW  Post #: 114
5/13/2013 0:51:46   
Agaraoth2

It would be cool if OS had a boss character that you could only battle three times per week and he had a 0.001 percent chance of possesion and could not be captured with master balls SG and they would have a deck like this
2 energize,
2 storms,
3 renews,
3 shields,
2 crushes,
2 empowers,
3 sacrifices,
1 neutralize,
2 ironhides and
3 incinerates
Would any of you guys fight it ( also you get 20K gold if you win) and if you would what character/s would you use.

< Message edited by Agaraoth2 -- 5/13/2013 0:54:23 >
AQW  Post #: 115
5/13/2013 1:35:45   
Jmagician

@Agaraoth: That seems like a nice trophy character. Would be nice to also ban it from PvP random (fixed match ups are fine). I would probably use a Fire or Light type again't it for a quick finish. It would seem that slow pace fighters would have a hellish time taking a boss like that down!

The bane of such a boss's fate would have to be primarily from its lack of quick setup. There is too much clutter in a deck like that which would clog up the path of any crucial opportunities. However, once it gets going, it really is invincible LOL
AQW  Post #: 116
5/13/2013 1:38:08   
Beck

@agaraoth
Well that deck is very unwieldly;
Energize and Incinerate require an attack card to discard, and Empower needs Attack cards to work, which it seems to have none of, so that makes 9 useless cards so far (2+2+2+3). It has 3/23 Renew cards, which gives it only a moderate heal rate, and it's sole attack strength would be the Sacrifices and a chance that it could manage to use its 3/23 Shield cards to set up enough defense for the Crushes to work.

I would not want that character.

Also, new favorite hobby: When using Frost Queen, only use 2 attacks together, so the Spider pokes everything to death. Fun!

< Message edited by Lord Beck -- 5/13/2013 1:39:35 >
AQW  Post #: 117
5/13/2013 1:53:20   
Jmagician

I didn't know Incinerate required an attack card to discard .-. But now that Beck mentioned it, that deck does kind of contradict itself.

Still a nice trophy character!

< Message edited by Jmagician -- 5/13/2013 1:54:21 >
AQW  Post #: 118
5/13/2013 2:05:39   
Beck

Oh man I have so many trophy characters xD (Here defined as "Hard to get, but you probably have no reason to use them ever unless you liked them for some odd reason")

Water Tick --> Really? 80,000 Gold for this?
Ogre Maiden, Ogre Shaman, Orc Rogue, Orc Pillajerk, Little Red Raiding Orc, etc. --> For the quests, but not really that great on their own (though Orc Rogue has promise once the Shadow series comes out; it has a small character deck)
Mishap, Weteye --> Same principle; they are just rare
Alpha Frostzard --> why use anything else if you have a Cosoma/Ice Beetle? xD
And then basically any skeleton character ever except for maybe Undead Knight.
AQW  Post #: 119
5/13/2013 2:32:11   
Baron Dante

J: Looks more like... like... something.
But I like how it looks.

Nevertheless, I MIGHT be more interested in catching them all now. Just need to find time to figure what am I missing.

quote:

Alpha Frostzard --> why use anything else if you have a Cosoma/Ice Beetle? xD

I prefer my offensive queen with disappointing animations. Does it not know how to shoot web? .-.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 120
5/13/2013 2:47:09   
clintonian

But ogre maiden is good o.0
Post #: 121
5/13/2013 3:34:27   
Agaraoth2

@Beck Empower and incinerate can work on Sacrifice and what if i removed all attack cards and left it with
2 energize,
3 storms,
3 renews,
3 shields,
2 crushes,
2 neutralize,
3 ironhides,
2 reflection
and a fresh start that give 10 energy for every element
and its base level would be 20

< Message edited by Agaraoth2 -- 5/13/2013 3:44:14 >
AQW  Post #: 122
5/13/2013 3:50:02   
AQisFuN
Banned

Incinerate can discard any card. And can add damage to an attack card. I have HHM so I know myself.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 123
5/13/2013 6:50:35   
almanac01

With Beck the Bug and Jack the Human...

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 124
5/13/2013 8:04:01   
Vagaran

On the topic of getting more supporters:
Making SG evo attracting in terms of design/animation can really make some people support the game with SG. Trust me, the cooler something is, the higher chance someone would buy SG just to get it. Also the 100% MasterBall shortcut is also great for those who don't have much time. Especially for a character got a VERY low spawn rate (like Mishap) it could be someone would buy SG just to get a guaranteed possesion. Booster pack is also a great incentive for buying SG, let's say you spended 100k Gold on normal boosters but didn't get anything. Then you think "oh hey I can buy SG and have a higher chance of getting the rare cards", at least I've this thought.

On the topic of getting more people to play PvP:
One word: Leaderboard.

Alot of people would PvP if there was a LB, now add somekind of reward (Gold, Artifact, card etc) PvP would turn lively as alot would try to be Number 1 on the LB and get the reward. Also with a statue of your favorit character in the lobby if you got to 1st place, there would be alot of PvP'ers who would aim for the top.

Whatever Nulgath has planned, I'm sure it will make PvP lively!
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Beta Release Thread 123 - READ THE FIRST POST
Page 5 of 31«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition